But he has nothing to say.
Our prime minister is Guy Verhofstadt.
Meh, he's doing ok, I guess.
I'm just glad we are democratic.
Frozen
Jazz Hands
Frozen
November 1st, 2006 at 11:07am
England we have a queen, she says nothing!
Prime minister, Tony blair does what he wants and doesnt really care, I think hes a tosspot!
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 4th, 2006 at 05:48pm
Tony Blair is a pile of shit. He is spending billions on weapons.
Femme
Salute You in Your Grave
Femme
November 5th, 2006 at 05:34am
John Howard, he sucks.
I dont know much about politics its a load of crap anyway
green days girl xxx
Killjoy
green days girl xxx
November 5th, 2006 at 05:40am
we have Tony Blair and I personally hate him and all other government but its up to you what you think about it isnt it Disgust
Priss
Fabulous Killjoy
Priss
November 5th, 2006 at 06:21pm
I live in Costa Rica and our last goverment SUCKED the guy wasn't even a politician his party made him a candidate just cuz he was popular with the ppl, this is supposed to be a country of peace and the IDIOT said we agreed on the war even tough we didn't!! and we hae to kiss America's ass cuz this is a subdeveloped country it and it doesn't mean we're gonna agree on it and the man was senseless enough to anounce it on a supermarket ppl a supermarket, I felt like digging a hole and burying myself in it out of the shme I felt at that momentand I was like 14 or something, I could not believe the president had done that!! and the new one is smart at least I hope he'll fix stuff a little but he's been on the charge for little so we gotta see what happens
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
November 8th, 2006 at 09:36pm
I live in America.
pretty much hate George Bush...and the people that were running our government...
(until yesterday, when the democrats took the majority in both the house and the senate.)
I think our goverment is taking away my most fundamental rights in free speech and especially privacy. the illegal wire tapping that Bush authorized makes me so...disappointed...in our goverment, it's ridiculous. What we're doing in Guantamano is disgusting to all human rights.
My own congressmen, Sensenbrenner is one of the founders of the Patriot Act that allows that sort of action.
speaking of my state, our government just banned rights to civil unions, aka gay marriages.
um, let's recall the 14 amendment, shall we
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"
yea...don't quite no how any state or part of our government can even consider getting off suggesting a ban on gay marriage...
my country is so condradictory..seriously, we can't even stick to the foundation that our society was concieved on...

On the plus side, Karl Rove lost last tuesday.
um, yea, extreme plus.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
December 9th, 2006 at 12:54am
i think that the australian government is full of lies.
our prime minister is lying about basicly everything.

even after people have came out and said that the western world is losing the war in Iraq,
he keeps, the troops in???? he is a sucker for president bush.
lexie
Bleeding on the Floor
lexie
December 9th, 2006 at 06:10am
Tony blair does what he wants and doesnt really care, I think hes a tosspot!

well said !!!

the problem with Blair is that he is so desperate to be American that he forgets his own people and what they really want - which is issues at home to be dealt with!
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 9th, 2006 at 06:30am
lexie:
Tony blair does what he wants and doesnt really care, I think hes a tosspot!

well said !!!

the problem with Blair is that he is so desperate to be American that he forgets his own people and what they really want - which is issues at home to be dealt with!

But you have to remember the important thing, said to be one of the main reasons why Blair decided to send british troops to fight the wars etc, because America is an extreemly powerful country. If we turned our back on them, then in the future if we were under threat and needed their help they could do the same thing. I dont believe in what happened, but I do understand that this is a very important reason why it did happen.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 9th, 2006 at 10:40am
I live in Canada we have a PM named Stephen Harper. he's a doorknob.
Thinks that women should stay home with then kids. That's enough to make me not like him.
I don't follow politics, it's crap.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 9th, 2006 at 11:01am
Tanya1979:
Thinks that women should stay home with then kids. That's enough to make me not like him.

I hear what your saying, and I think a lot of people feel this way. But as crap as it is, and as much as some people are just not interested, its really really important to become involved (even if only for the elections) because its your future. Yes this guy thinks that women should stay at home, but what if you were to get a PM and government who inforced this rule? Because if you and other people don't vote, then things like this may well happen, where as if you used your vote for someone else, whos policies you believed in, then this would be much less likely to happen.

I pretty much think that all of the partys in the UK have their flaws, but I also know that come election day, it is really important that I cast my vote so that extreemists (the bnp for example) never get their chance to take over.

Yes one person alone wont make a difference, but its a good place to start, I think if you dont vote then you don't really have a right to complain about the countries government (im not just directing that to your comment rather to people in general). If you do vote, and people who you do not approve of still get into power then fair enough, rant away!
lexie
Bleeding on the Floor
lexie
December 9th, 2006 at 11:58am
yeah I know what you mean PunkBlinggirl but I do think there is a fine balance between what do you internationally and what you need do also do for your own Country - Just because a Country is Powerful doesnt mean it can bully less powerful ones - although Im not naive to realise this doesnt go on!
I think that the media make things worse to some degree because they put over one side of an argument and do it (sometimes OTT) that the public are persuaded to believe the press and not the person putting forward the argument.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 9th, 2006 at 12:31pm
lexie:
yeah I know what you mean PunkBlinggirl but I do think there is a fine balance between what do you internationally and what you need do also do for your own Country - Just because a Country is Powerful doesnt mean it can bully less powerful ones - although Im not naive to realise this doesnt go on!
I think that the media make things worse to some degree because they put over one side of an argument and do it (sometimes OTT) that the public are persuaded to believe the press and not the person putting forward the argument.

Definitly, I believe that the media has such strong control over people in society, and often people are all too eager to believe everything that they hear without considering the opposing arguement, which unfortunatly is not always given a chance.
I:IIIIII
Fabulous Killjoy
I:IIIIII
December 9th, 2006 at 11:02pm
John Howard is so far up George W Bush's arse, if Johnny spits, it will come out Geroge's mouth.

John Howard is a lying arsehole. he should have been thrown out the time he used the "children overboard" thing to win the elections. then they found out that it was all fake. he knew it was, but he said nothing.

Then the AWB. he claimed he knew nothing about it. he was brought into the federal courts and was questioned about it, and all he had to say was "i dont remember" bullshit!

Australia is at war with the WRONG COUNTRY, because if George does something, Johnny has to go along with it.

And like someone (im really sorry, i dont remember who it was) said before, he wont pass any bills or legislation that doesnt fit into Christianity. eg. gay marriage & euthanasia.

The Aboriginal population in outback and rural Australia will live about 20 years less than other Australians. Some parts of Australia where Aboriginals live is as bad as 3rd world countries, with little drinking water and no propper doctors. Now, some Aboriginals may want to live like their ancestors, but for the ones that dont, and want a different life for their kids and themselves, shouldnt they have the chance? The government doesnt support Aboriginals nearly as much as they should.

im really sorry if i come across as a bitch, but my country's government makes me mad
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 10th, 2006 at 06:35pm
Well, Germany's government consists of a coalition of the Christian Democratic Union and the Social Democratic Party with Angela Merkel (“Angieeeeeee”) as chancellor. Although I’m not really a supporter of the Christian Democrats (because they’re often too conservative for my taste), I do have respect for Merkel (who is a member of the CDU). She is the first female head of government in Germany, which shouldn’t actually be the foremost reason to respect someone as it should rather be considered as normal nowadays to have women in leading positions. But after the election of her government, there was a lot of gossiping about her looks and the way she behaves that was considered to be too male like she would betraying her femininity. (Okay she does resemble Prince Valiant sometimes Rolling Eyes , but hell she has a doctor in physics and is undoubtedly clever). It's completely absurd, to be honest, because it’s still true that as a woman you need to be real tough to have the ability to assert yourself in a male-dominated world. What I do appreciate about her way of governing is the fact that she is far less interested in putting herself in the limelight and preserving her own power than some of her male colleagues, but is more concerned with content, having political foresight and applying diplomatic measures.

You probably know that a lot of Europeans lump all Americans together when it comes to George Bush, even if you say ten times that nearly as many millions of them have voted against him and his policy at the last elections as have voted for him. Maybe those Europs should read through this thread to get a more varied picture.
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 10th, 2006 at 06:37pm
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
Definitly, I believe that the media has such strong control over people in society, and often people are all too eager to believe everything that they hear without considering the opposing arguement, which unfortunatly is not always given a chance.

Exactly.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 10th, 2006 at 07:06pm
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
Tanya1979:

I hear what your saying, and I think a lot of people feel this way. But as crap as it is, and as much as some people are just not interested, its really really important to become involved (even if only for the elections) because its your future. Yes this guy thinks that women should stay at home, but what if you were to get a PM and government who inforced this rule? Because if you and other people don't vote, then things like this may well happen, where as if you used your vote for someone else, whos policies you believed in, then this would be much less likely to happen.

I pretty much think that all of the partys in the UK have their flaws, but I also know that come election day, it is really important that I cast my vote so that extreemists (the bnp for example) never get their chance to take over.

Yes one person alone wont make a difference, but its a good place to start, I think if you dont vote then you don't really have a right to complain about the countries government (im not just directing that to your comment rather to people in general). If you do vote, and people who you do not approve of still get into power then fair enough, rant away!

I just don't vote at all. I don't want to vote for somebody that will turn out to be a total dickhead. i'll take my changes by not voting. besides, i do not trust any of them. When do they think of us? I mean really.
Beast And The Harlot
Salute You in Your Grave
Beast And The Harlot
December 12th, 2006 at 08:02am
kylie:
John Howard is so far up George W Bush's arse, if Johnny spits, it will come out Geroge's mouth.

John Howard is a lying arsehole. he should have been thrown out the time he used the "children overboard" thing to win the elections. then they found out that it was all fake. he knew it was, but he said nothing.

Then the AWB. he claimed he knew nothing about it. he was brought into the federal courts and was questioned about it, and all he had to say was "i dont remember" bullshit!

Australia is at war with the WRONG COUNTRY, because if George does something, Johnny has to go along with it.

And like someone (im really sorry, i dont remember who it was) said before, he wont pass any bills or legislation that doesnt fit into Christianity. eg. gay marriage & euthanasia.

The Aboriginal population in outback and rural Australia will live about 20 years less than other Australians. Some parts of Australia where Aboriginals live is as bad as 3rd world countries, with little drinking water and no propper doctors. Now, some Aboriginals may want to live like their ancestors, but for the ones that dont, and want a different life for their kids and themselves, shouldnt they have the chance? The government doesnt support Aboriginals nearly as much as they should.

im really sorry if i come across as a bitch, but my country's government makes me mad

lol i agree with you 110%. I absolutly hate our government and how our country is run! And what I get really annoyed about is the gay marriage! I don't see why is cant be legal...i mean it isnt any different then a guy and girl getting married, except for the fact that their the same gender...John just really pisses me off!!!I absolutly dispise him Evil or Very Mad
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
December 12th, 2006 at 03:22pm
Well im from the uk so Tony Blairs my PM

I dont support him or his party but a lot of you are taling about him "Sucking up to Bush" and "being best buddies" which are not true.
I havnt the time to go into things in detail but infact last elections its 99% sure that Blair infact wanted Kerry to win, not Bush.

Yes the uk and usa have been allies for many years but it was very accidental that they would appear so close, its a lot more complicated than wanting to stick together for "safety", seeing as it is polatics!