Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Country's Government.

AuthorMessage
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
March 21st, 2009 at 10:59am
PAIGE .:
i hate the government in my country, PHILIPPINES .
really cruel wreckless useless government . i actually prefer the old Hitler like president back then, MARCOS . he was an awfully genius evil person . but still, his time, the Philippines was at its best .

unlike now . urgh .

Marcos was an evil tyrant who embezzled billions of dollars from the country. He ruled with an iron fist, took control of the media and made it virtually impossible to leave the country.

How could you possibly prefer this over arroyo !?

Oh before you blow a fuse, yes i am Filipino in Australia. I was also born there.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 4th, 2009 at 01:01pm
Our country is a democratic country...

the one who's leading is Pres. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo...

i really don't know if i like the way she leads our country...but, as for the events that are happening...i think that i am starting to hate her...

but, it is somehow the fault of the people/society why, we are now being called as one of the MOST CORRUPT countries....and such negative thoughts...

there was an incident, when i had this friend from Nepal. Her parents doesn't want her to study here....because, PHILIPPINES is mentiones as a land for prostitutes...

and i was like WHAT THE F*** was that??????!!!!!!!

i somehow know, that almost all countries has prostitution...and everyone's trying to solve it...

i am becoming a lil nationalistic, but, i would rather speak what my heart feels, than be numb about every situation...

our president, depends on other countries TOO MUCH...that makes us see, that we are not capable of saving out OWN economy, and our OWN country...

wtf....
Jenny.
Jenny.
April 4th, 2009 at 01:20pm
^Please don't use chatspeak, swear or use excessive punctuation marks.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 4th, 2009 at 01:25pm
^i am sorry about that.

another add about my reply:

i just saw on BBC news, that, we are one of the most non-cooperative countries not to pay taxes.
and we have lots and lots of debts to pay to other countries.

we really need [our society] to act as one, and save the country as one. By having one goal.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
May 11th, 2009 at 11:34am
There's a huge uproar going on in the UK about the expenses that the government are claiming. What do people think about this?

I think that obviously they should be given some expenses, but only out of pocket ones. No way should they be allowed to claim after furniture and other silly things.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
May 12th, 2009 at 04:30am
John St. John:
There's a huge uproar going on in the UK about the expenses that the government are claiming. What do people think about this?

I think that obviously they should be given some expenses, but only out of pocket ones. No way should they be allowed to claim after furniture and other silly things.

I agree. Some of the things they've been claiming for are just shocking.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 12th, 2009 at 02:24pm
but it's not just the government, the opposition have been claiming for pool cleaning and leaking pipes under tennis courts.

The fact is there was a loophole in the law and the politicians were bound to exploit it. The majority of people would, although they wouldn't admit it. It doesn't make it right, in fact it's down right wrong, but if the opportunity was there I'd probably have claimed for alsorts. You find me a business man who doesn't fiddle their expenses and I'll canonize him Smile
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
May 12th, 2009 at 03:37pm
Haha yeah, you're right. The law's going to be changed now though, isn't it?
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
May 16th, 2009 at 02:16am
Okay, the media are still going absolutely hysterical over this MP scandal. I'm getting fed up of hearing about it :/
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 16th, 2009 at 04:26am
same here. Yes the law will be changed. What amazes me is that half the journalists who are writing so viciously about these politicians probably fiddle their expenses too.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
May 16th, 2009 at 09:25am
Yeah, but the MP's got caught out, and I think whats annoying alot of people is that many fully believe that they havnt done anything wrong. A little remorse would be nice to see.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
May 17th, 2009 at 09:41pm
M!lly La Bam:
Mr. Johnny Howard runs our great nation of Australia.
I think he's doing alright.

Now, back to people bashing Bush.
I think the only thing he did badly was with handling Hurricane Katrina.
That was chaos.
Now, with the War On Terroism.
Think about it. Your country, nay, the world is reeling from september 11.
You want your own back.
Alos, think about this.
If George Bush wasnt in presidency, would the other guy have gone to war? Fought for justice.
I believe the answer is yes.
:3
I've been messing up a lot with this subject, but I'm pretty sure we (the USA) went to war with Iraq after 9/11 to find WMDs, and eliminate al-Qeada(sp?) and Osama Bin Laden. We have not found either of those, or eliminated al-Qaeda.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 19th, 2009 at 02:24am

I'm bored of hearing about the expenses thing, really. No, the MPs shouldn't have claimed for things like iPods and nappies,
but they found that little loophole, but like Tallulah; Schechter said, most people would exploit a loophole like that if they found one.
Smile
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
May 20th, 2009 at 07:23am
Tallulah; Schechter:
but it's not just the government, the opposition have been claiming for pool cleaning and leaking pipes under tennis courts.

The fact is there was a loophole in the law and the politicians were bound to exploit it. The majority of people would, although they wouldn't admit it. It doesn't make it right, in fact it's down right wrong, but if the opportunity was there I'd probably have claimed for alsorts. You find me a business man who doesn't fiddle their expenses and I'll canonize him Smile

The thing that bothers me with that though... a businessman or anyone might fiddle their expenses as well, but in that case those expenses are coming out of that business' accounts. In the MP's cases, their expeses are coming out of our pockets, out of our taxes. MP's are supposed to be servants to the people of the country. I'm quite happy to pay for things they need to help them with their jobs. In my last job I could claim for fuel and parking expenses when moving stock around, but I sure as hell couldn't claim for the kit kat I ate on the way.

I read the story of one MP who did think in the way of that he was a servant to the public and should use our money wisely, he only had one person working for him, he did almost all the work himself, he'd use the cheapest postage he could, where others would use courriers, and he would travel in standard class on trains between his constiuency and London, even when MP's are entitled to travel first class, because he didn't believe the taxpayer should be subsidising that. Why can't a few more be like that? This is for him --> Clap
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
May 24th, 2009 at 11:32am
Firegarder:

I read the story of one MP who did think in the way of that he was a servant to the public and should use our money wisely, he only had one person working for him, he did almost all the work himself, he'd use the cheapest postage he could, where others would use courriers, and he would travel in standard class on trains between his constiuency and London, even when MP's are entitled to travel first class, because he didn't believe the taxpayer should be subsidising that. Why can't a few more be like that? This is for him --> Clap

I applaud whomever this man is, and I just hope that our PM could be like that, instead of letting the economy burn to ashes in a few short years.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 24th, 2009 at 11:57am
that's not Gordon Brown's fault. For all his problems he's was a wonderful treasurer. Or if you're refering to another country there are all sorts of outside influences that are effecting money. In case you hadn't noticed there is a global economic crisis. We're all screwed.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
June 11th, 2009 at 02:02pm
Obama's cool...but I heard that he approves of stem cell research, though he isn't actually funding it. He seems to be trying to satisfy everybody with words.....but is he he gonna actually do it?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
June 11th, 2009 at 03:01pm
I think Obama is trying to appease those that oppose him in hopes that he can get what he wants done. A lot of the republicans in the senate have a grudge against him, it's not even that they dislike what he is doing, they just don't like him. Like the people that criticized the speeches he gave in the middle east, he was extending an olive branch to all the people that we have insulted in the past with our policies, and if or when we need to take more aggressive action he can justify it. He can say that he wanted a peaceful relationship, that he offered them a chance to just talk.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
June 11th, 2009 at 03:59pm
^ I agree. Instead of appealing heavily to one side, he knows he already has many supporters on the liberal side and he is trying to make peace with the conservative side. While his policies are very liberal, it's a shame the conservatives won't attempt to comprimise. We're studying Machiavelli (sp?) in school right now; he was a European philosopher who was pretty influential to modern politics. He wrote about how to gain power and how to keep it. If you've read Harry Potter, the way he was advocating was the kind you would see in a typical Slytherin, in other words, cunning, malicious, and do-whatever-it-takes. Anyway, to me, as a liberal, it seems as if that's what the conservative politicians are doing--hiding behind a godly facade, misrepresenting the other side, and not willing to be bipartisan, exactly what they have accused Barack Obama of.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
June 16th, 2009 at 02:15am
I'm not sure this belongs here, and it isn't my government, but I am stunned by the massive protests that are happening in Iran in response to the re-election of Ahmadinejad. I've been following the news on twitter and am appalled at the violence and brutality directed towards the protesters. Some have died already and I'm sure there will be more before this is over. I've changed my signature and ava to show my support and help spread the word a little about what is going on. The more people who know about it the better.