Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Country's Government.

AuthorMessage
xxkatiexx
Killjoy
xxkatiexx
January 26th, 2007 at 06:25am
Tony Blair, the whole damned Labour party is stupid, Gordon Brown (we all know he'll be da next primeminister) better do sumthin to get innocent men and women out of iraq,
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
January 26th, 2007 at 11:24am
Tony Blair, England prime minister ,was a mess. war, terrorists, NHS (which is the hospitals) going bust....so people have to travel miles to go to a hospital...what has england come to nowadays. lets hope Gordon Brown does a better job in the summer.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 26th, 2007 at 12:48pm
tony blair
i hate him infact i hate politics so im never going to vote
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 26th, 2007 at 01:35pm
^...that's sort of a terrible idea. If you hate politics, the best way to fix them is to vote for someone good.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 26th, 2007 at 06:01pm
Exactly. Don't be like Green Day, kids! Promoting hate against a president to a fanbase of people who probably won't vote or can't vote isn't the way to go.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 26th, 2007 at 09:16pm
"my countrys government in my opinion can be discribed in one word
CORRUPT
they also focus on stupid topics like banning the Australian flag from BDO yet there are so many other world issues we could take part in
its stupid and thats that.
i am not for anarchy
i believe we need a democracy
but maybe one that has it prioreties set out the right why"

Dude, you need to get your facts right. The organisers of the BDO wanted it banned. John Howard and Kevin Rudd thought banning it was a disgrace. They wanted Australians to wear their flag to big day out, and went on national television saying so. Eventually the BDO organisers over turned their decisions anyway.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 26th, 2007 at 09:31pm
Judging by that comment above me that I quoted, it seems a lot of people are misinformed about the Government and politics. People usually just repeat what their parents say and have no understanding of it. I'm not saying I am a political expert, but I read about it and even watch it on the telly (ABC, Question Time, I beleive it is called). Anyway don't say your Government is crap and then say well I'm not voting, if you do then why not make a difference by voting.

In Australia and America we live in a capilatist society, we are constantly exploited by the rich people. That is why the jobs go overseas - they pay them less and make a bigger profit. It sucks, but people are selfish. Who ever sold Qantas are fools. If the new owners screw that up we are fucked because that is our only major airline in Australia. They need some concrete rules regarding that sale.

Sorry for rambling.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 27th, 2007 at 12:26am
xMari_Malicex:
Exactly. Don't be like Green Day, kids! Promoting hate against a president to a fanbase of people who probably won't vote or can't vote isn't the way to go.

Why not if it gets the ones who can't vote to think?
I see nothing wrong with that.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 27th, 2007 at 12:34am
Why not if it gets the ones who can't vote to think?
I see nothing wrong with that.
----

You can vote, of course you see it much differently...
Do you vote?

As someone who can't vote, of course I think about the issues, but I know 'Hey, I can't vote'. Not that people would ignore what I had to say, but I obviously cannot make anything official. Green Day has complained about almost every president within the years they've been playing. If they vote personally, good for them, but some how I wonder if they even bother. Bush got voted in a second term last time. Whether that was out of people stupidity or what have you, something didn't change. I wonder why...

Obviously I can't say 'It's Green Day's fault' because it's clearly not. But you wonder how this band selling their propaganda and shouting their message didn't have some effect. Half oftheir fanbase cannot vote.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 27th, 2007 at 12:37am
I couldn't vote when American Idiot came out.
I haven't yet voted in a Presidential election.
And, coincedentally, the people who voted for Kerry more than any other age group was young adults.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 27th, 2007 at 12:42am
They wanted change. Those people saw what happened last time and said, 'That wasn't cool' and made the decision to vote Kerry. Now, Kerry not being a much better choice, they didn't really make progress. Either way, at least someone took a stand.

Personally I think if bands were more involved with politics people would be persuaded into the right direction. Not Green Day involved where you sell a cd called Rock Against Bush or whatever that was, but more like Blink 182 involved. I believe Tom was with Kerry on his side.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 27th, 2007 at 12:46am
xMari_Malicex:
They wanted change. Those people saw what happened last time and said, 'That wasn't cool' and made the decision to vote Kerry. Now, Kerry not being a much better choice, they didn't really make progress. Either way, at least someone took a stand.

Personally I think if bands were more involved with politics people would be persuaded into the right direction. Not Green Day involved where you sell a cd called Rock Against Bush or whatever that was, but more like Blink 182 involved. I believe Tom was with Kerry on his side.

Rock Against Bush was a collaboration CD. it involved more than one artist.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 27th, 2007 at 12:57am
Yes, I know this...O_o
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 27th, 2007 at 12:59am
I think what Green Day did was excellent. Even if most of their fanbase can't/couldn't vote, it at least got them thinking about politics, if only briefly. And hopefully, when they can vote, they will. The apathy in America is really quite widespread. It would take a lot more than one band or one compilation CD to really change anything. But Green Day, at least, got people thinking. They at least did something.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 28th, 2007 at 10:40pm
Anything that gets more Americans to vote, no matter who it's for, is a good thing by me. In a country priledged enough to have free elections, there are a lot more people not voting than voting. In Australia, loads more people are voting because there's a $25 penalty if you don't.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 31st, 2007 at 02:01am
Why isn't voting in America compulsory?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 31st, 2007 at 04:17am
It would sord of be insulting, I think, if they made voting compulsory in America. Like, we founded modern democracy and now our citizens need an incentive to vote? Except the truth is, we founded modern democracy and now, our citizens need an incentive to actually vote. I mean, it might be that the government wants to keep us apathetic in some grand master plan to run the country without our conset, but I really think a lot of it comes down to pride.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 31st, 2007 at 07:31am
Cool. I didn't know why it wasn't. Thanks.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 31st, 2007 at 11:39am
^oh, ha, I thought you were being, like, philosophical and such. I don't know if there's a real, legitimate, specific reason, actually. But I think what I said is the general feeling.

*stops being spammish*
Waysrule
Awake and Unafraid
Waysrule
January 31st, 2007 at 06:59pm
george effing bush