Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Country's Government.

AuthorMessage
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
December 12th, 2006 at 03:55pm
I think all politicans are all liars. They never carry through with what they say. I haven't any time for it. Although I'm old enough to vote, I won't.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 12th, 2006 at 04:07pm
Thats true, they don't always stick by what they say during the election time, but still i think its important not to waste your vote. Even though I dont believe in any of our political parties 100% I will always vote for the "lesser evil" so to speak because I could not bear the right wing extreemisits to get into power.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
December 13th, 2006 at 08:53am
Sammie:
Although I'm old enough to vote, I won't.

Well, in my personal opinion, if you have the right to vote and choose not to, then you have absolutely no right to complain when things don't work out.
GoodLord
Full of Ephedrine
GoodLord
December 13th, 2006 at 08:58am
There is no reason not to vote. to say you are too busy is just an excuse in the UK you can ask for a postal vote. But if you want a say in how your country is run you should vote. You may think it's not important but it is.
XxXImXxXNotXxXOkay_
Killjoy
XxXImXxXNotXxXOkay_
December 19th, 2006 at 07:57pm
I think Bush sucks, and all Government is screwed!
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
December 19th, 2006 at 08:14pm
XxXImXxXNotXxXOkay_:
I think Bush sucks, and all Government is screwed!

As much as I can say I fairly agree, I hate when people state such a blunt opinion and assume that everyone is going to follow up with it- you need to say why- "LOLOLOL I H8 BUSH W/ A FIERE PASIEN!!"

Ok, why?

No one has any good reason to trust him, he's promised A and it's always result in C, nothing that he planned, his war is 100% lost, and it really ticks me off that he doesn't believe global warming is happening. To be blunt...
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 20th, 2006 at 04:34am
Bush sucks...republicans have ruined my country. Whoo...go them! I hope they feel patriotic.
And no, I wont back this up because I spent the past two elections arguing my ass off, and it obviously did nothing. I'm tired and apathetic. I did what I could.
Slacker
Killjoy
Slacker
December 20th, 2006 at 10:35am
UK - Tony Blair. I think he's a great leader, possible the best we've ever had. He's made our country powerful again, put billions into the NHS and Schools.However he is still hated by people for no aparant reason, but they always seem to vote for him Razz.
Me-ninja
Joining The Black Parade
Me-ninja
December 20th, 2006 at 10:38am
Slacker:
UK - Tony Blair. I think he's a great leader, possible the best we've ever had. He's made our country powerful again, put billions into the NHS and Schools.However he is still hated by people for no aparant reason, but they always seem to vote for him Razz.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... sorry
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
December 20th, 2006 at 04:17pm
Mary- Would you please back up what you posted about Bush and republicans.
This is a discussion board, yet there is nothing to discuss in your post.

Craig- That is spam. If you have something to say, say it, but dont waste space with something useless to the discussion.

----------
I for one dont have a problem with Bush.
I dont like him, but I dont hate him like everyone around me does.
Honestly, I dont think Kerry wouldve done any better, no matter what he said.
Most of their promises are just to win votes, but the candidate has no intentions of following up on those plans.
But, I cannot vote so I feel I have no say in how the government is being run.
In fact, I dont think anyone who doesnt vote or cant vote shouldnt be upset with how the government is.
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 20th, 2006 at 04:49pm
Land Shark:
Mary- Would you please back up what you posted about Bush and republicans.
This is a discussion board, yet there is nothing to discuss in your post.

Actually, sweetheart, there is a lot to discuss from my post. Look, we are discussing right now.
Remember the 3 billion surplus...where is it? Remember all the allies america had pre-bush....where are they now during our little war? America has lost lots of points with everybody. Bush has outsourced jobs to save money, therefore putting millions of americas in the unemployment lines. He basically sent jobs over seas so his rich business buddies could save money. We are now very dependent on other countries for supplies. Two words: the patriot act. They can take you, from your home, without a warrant in the middle of the night and lock you up forever, just because they have a hunch. They can look at library records,phone calls, etc. Invasion of privacy much? Not to mention he wants to CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION...the very groundwork for america. He wants to CHANGE it so gay people can NOT marry. He also did nothing for education, and left millions of children behind, despite what he said. Remember hurrican katrina? Remember how long it took to get someone over there to HELP all those people? Do you know WHY it took so long? Because the federal reserve troops, troops that are SUPPOSED TO STAY in the state werent there...
where were they? In iraq, fighting for freedom...ie: for people that want the US out of there, NOW. Not to mention barely anybody is in afghanistan, looking for bin laden...the guy who actually killed thousands of americans on american land. In fact, arent we supposed to rebuild afghanistan anyway? Oh wait...i guess we got a little sidetracked taking revenge on saddam. In addition to that, bush has cut spending for libraries, rainforest conservation, pediatric research, and workers assistance, along with environment protection by 500 million. Not to mention he's brainwashed most of the south into voting for him, using religion and a fake texas accent to win them over. NEWSFLASH: hes not from texas, hes from maine, so hes faking it.He's also a deserter, but wants to send everyone elses kids to war....well, all the working class kids....
He also withdrew from the kyoto pact...the one where the world comes together to stop pollution...
Yeah...big businesses would lose money..and we dont want that.
And where do republicans came in? They voted for him. They called anyone against the war unpatriotic...they blindly follow.
We arent fighting for AMERICAS freedom, we're fighting for someone else. We arent looking for osama...we arent going in the right direction. The us is merely fucking itself over. oh yeah, and not to mention the united states HUGE debt.
And as for Kerry, honestly he WOULD have done a better job, because he cares more about the people them himself. He wouldnt of put all his money into business and ignored everything else.

edit: and also, why dont you ask everyone else to back up what they said.
like this one : I think Bush sucks, and all Government is screwed!
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 20th, 2006 at 04:58pm
No need to get snippy, Mary, and certainly no need to bite
Christina. If you don't like what she posted, don't reply, and stick to your
origonal statement of not explaining your post. Simple.

Republicans didn't "ruin" your country. They made a compromise, then another
compromise, and did what they thought was best. For themselves, or for the
country, I'm not sure, but they did it. It's in the past.

Would it not be better to try and find ways to fix past mistakes, rather than
carrying bitterness over something you cannot change?
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 20th, 2006 at 05:04pm
bloodredruby69:
No need to get snippy, Mary, there's no need to lash
out at Christina. If you don't like what she posted, don't reply, and stick to your
origonal statement of not explaining your post. Simple.

Republicans didn't "ruin" your country. They made a compromise, then another
compromise, and did what they thought was best. For themselves, or for the
country, I'm not sure, but they did it. It's in the past.

Would it not be better to try and find ways to fix past mistakes, rather than
carrying bitterness over something you cannot change?

First of all, I dont like getting called out when people around me were doing the exact same thing. Politics REALLY piss me off because my parent's jobs are at risk of being outsourced.
And yes, they did lead this country to hell, they elected him twice. They only compromised the country's well being, along with their rights. No big deal. Its not just the past, its happening right now.
And also, I can not fix what they did because I am not a politician, I dont have money, and I dont have ties. No one can change what they did, because it IS the past. They did things that will take forever to change, if at all. And I have a right to be bitter because I am hated as an american because of what political leaders do/have done.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 20th, 2006 at 05:14pm
She didn't call you out, she asked you to elaborate. Nothing more. She can't catch all of the people who do it, so she posts to the people she can see, or those who posted something fairly crude, or argumentative and not productive. That, and she did so politely.

Well, if your COUNTRY elected him twice, shouldn't at least part of the blame be
placed on them? I mean, it's not like he just appeared and took power. Obviously,
enough people believe in him to have voted him in twice.

I feel for you over the parents issue, really I do. But what good is blaming politics going to do?

I never said you didn't have a right to be bitter. But do Canadians not have a right to
be bitter, over some of the things the American Government did? How about the Japanese, the Iraquis?

Technically, I can blame the American Government for putting my father out of a job,
forcing my family into hell and making me give up my school money and dreams
so that my family can just scrape by.

But do I? No. What is the point? What will I get out of it, except bitterness and misplaced anger?
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 20th, 2006 at 05:23pm
bloodredruby69:
She didn't call you out, she asked you to elaborate. Nothing more. She can't catch all of the people who do it, so she posts to the people she can see, or those who posted something fairly crude, or argumentative and not productive. That, and she did so politely.

Well, if your COUNTRY elected him twice, shouldn't at least part of the blame be
placed on them? I mean, it's not like he just appeared and took power. Obviously,
enough people believe in him to have voted him in twice.

I feel for you over the parents issue, really I do. But what good is blaming politics going to do?

I never said you didn't have a right to be bitter. But do Canadians not have a right to
be bitter, over some of the things the American Government did? How about the Japanese, the Iraquis?

Technically, I can blame the American Government for putting my father out of a job,
forcing my family into hell and making me give up my school money and dreams
so that my family can just scrape by.

But do I? No. What is the point?

...My country..or the majority of people ie: the republicans. They voted for him for reasons only god knows. Why they have something against equal rights and personal freedom, I will never understand. I have no idea what you're getting at with the bitterness part..because that doesn't connect to what I said...bitterness over ones own country. And sure, they can go ahead and be pissed off.
In addition to that, she said something along the lines of "this is a discussion board and what you said leaves nothing to discuss" wtf?
Im glad you have accepted the goverment ruining your life, even in a thread such as this that tends to envoke anger. Kudos.
With that said,isn't this a place to discuss political views? Ah yes, and here I am, doing so. Now im super angry, because, like I said, politics piss me off, and the people involved in them piss me off. Misplaced anger? Oh no, im sure its at the source.
EDIT: END OF DISCUSSION BEFORE I BURST A BLOOD VESSEL. Bye
and also: Im going offline, so any witty response will not be read. Instead, I will eat something.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 20th, 2006 at 05:36pm
I'm glad you think my responses are witty. It means that there is enough logic and truth in them to annoy you.

She was telling you, fairly kindly, that your post was spam. This isn't the place to
say "ZOMG! Republicans like ruined my life and they SUCCCCCCCK".
Not exactly what you said, but you get the point.

Republicans have their own ideals and morals to follow, and they want to live in a better place, just like you do.
They just go about it differently.

Yes, this is a place to discuss political views, but here in the DB, we do it
calmly, logically, and without personal attacks or profanity. That is just the way it is,
and Christina was trying to protect that by pointing out a post that could possibly
escalate into bashing and debasing the American government.

And so you know, it's never the end of the discussion, love. There is no win, lose,
or retreat here. It is an ongoing thing, so I'm sure someone else will step up to the
plate and offer their insights, either on what you said or I said, and things will keep
on trucking.

Enjoy your snack. Wink
Astro Zombie Manda.
Always Born a Crime
Astro Zombie Manda.
December 20th, 2006 at 06:22pm
People feel that they can go to America to feel ‘freedom.’ When really the government has control over us all. And now it’s to the point where it’s getting ridiculous. There is a thing called separation of church and state and so many politicians ignore that. I don’t really have a religion but I know recently they are trying to ban people from saying ‘merry Christmas. A majority of Americans believe in god and they believe in Christmas. The government can’t control that like they are trying to. People in the u.s. have become so accustomed to everyday things the government is trying to control. The government is a bunch of lies to me.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 20th, 2006 at 10:12pm
Sammie:
I think all politicans are all liars.
I'm sorry
Do you know every single politican in the world?
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
December 20th, 2006 at 10:28pm
That isn't the point Austing, it wasn't an insult towards politicians, it was meant to point out we shouldn't believe much of anything the mainstream politicians say...D: You like going off points..."Lol wuld the cop by lunch w/ the id??/?? lololol"

D:
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 20th, 2006 at 10:36pm
PunkerThanThou:
That isn't the point Austing, it wasn't an insult towards politicians, it was meant to point out we shouldn't believe much of anything the mainstream politicians say...D: You like going off points..."Lol wuld the cop by lunch w/ the id??/?? lololol"

D:
Why wouldnt I go off points?

If you presented something to me with 3 main points
I attack the three points

She made a broad statement that I disagreed with
So I attacked it