Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
Fermez Ton Bouche
Joining The Black Parade
Fermez Ton Bouche
November 26th, 2006 at 10:31am
Yara; wtf...:
How do you feel about inter-racial marriages. Will a child that is born in such a marriage have disadvantages in life?

My Mum is white, and my Dad is from Mauritius, which is near Africa, but the people there are similar to Indian people. To put it simply, there is nothing wrong with an inter-racial marriage. Personally I feel I am better off being mixed race because I have seen and absorbed two cultures. I have an easier grasp over languages aswell. The only disadvantage I've had is that people have made racial slurs, but if I was fully Mauritian that would've happened anyway. People just assume I'm fully Arabic or something. This was fine until the media started the hate party on Islam. It's not too much of a problem. Amongst my male friends racial jokes are common, but as we all know it's just a joke it's alright. As long as there's love in the marriage I see no problem.
Scream Photo Op!
Jazz Hands
Scream Photo Op!
November 26th, 2006 at 04:24pm
"Yara; wtf" I hope just cuz you've "never met a respectable black person" wont make you judge them

Personally, I've never met a respectable white person...and I'm white myself. My black parents are the most respetable people ever, to me all white people seem kinda...stuck up...no 'ffense...I'm white meself
Wil Francis
Joining The Black Parade
Wil Francis
November 26th, 2006 at 05:19pm
WOW!!!! who really wants to be a racist and judge anothor persons skin color thats so bad meen and horrible."PEOPLE STOP BEING RACIST" its reely reely bad and you will regret it in the future.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
November 27th, 2006 at 04:21am
This may be spam, but I have a black friend, and she told me that only white people are racist.
Is it racist of her to say that?
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
November 27th, 2006 at 05:38am

Are you talking about Jes?
Yeah, in my opinion it is.. yet she does have a point, but i think i only see it this way because we live in australia, where white is considered 'normal'
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 27th, 2006 at 08:07am
Sanon!:
This may be spam, but I have a black friend, and she told me that only white people are racist.
Is it racist of her to say that?

Maybe stereotypical? I know a lot of black people who are really racist towards others, I also know a few white people who are, I complelty believe that it just depends on the person.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 27th, 2006 at 09:38am
My father has always been a rasist, ever since I could remember. He tried to make me and my older sister become one too. But I saw his nasty ways. I decided that I would decide if I wanted to be Rasict or not, in which case I didn't become one. Neither did my sister for that matter. I just think that it is wrong.
Scream Photo Op!
Jazz Hands
Scream Photo Op!
November 27th, 2006 at 07:42pm
^ You go girl
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 04:45pm
im not sure if this is really racism but i know its a type of judgment so ill just say that i hate it when people think im goth just because i where black. i mean i wear black tops all the time but i also wear blue jeans all the time too. -trust me theres nothin wrong with goths, i just hate it when poeple judge me wrong-.
this kid like freaked out on me tday sayin that im "athiest " just because i wear black, and i almost flipped out on him. err i hate that
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 2nd, 2006 at 12:14am
^That is labelling, and has no place in this thread.

90% of the posts on this page are spam, so let's get back on track.
--------------
What can be done to allieviate racism?

In an age of inter-racial mariages and blurred races, is it plausible that one day, the majority of the population will be mixed?

How can awareness be raised?

What can be done to help inform the younger generations of racism, and help them see past the colors that seperate us?
Come ONe cOMe All
Killjoy
Come ONe cOMe All
December 2nd, 2006 at 03:35am
Well... this is somehow quite a personal topic for me. I'm a chinese and I'd lived in a foreign country before and went to a school where I was the only chinese there. And it was horrible. The first day of school seem quite fine but the next day onwards were hell for me. I was stared at, people talked behind my back, and ultimately I had no friends at all except for the one or two who were also foreigners. So, we tried to stick together as much as possible. But there were days where you really felt like you are a complete invisible person and you will gradually feel numb. I didn't dare tell my parents and I lived a life like that for 3 years straight.
abcdefrankiero
Killjoy
abcdefrankiero
December 14th, 2006 at 12:18am
Racism is so stupid. We're all the same, we just might look different. I do not see the point in treating people of different races any different.
bothersome-faces
Killjoy
bothersome-faces
December 15th, 2006 at 07:55pm
there a million ways to be racist.
it's gotten to the point were it's hard to understand
whats offensive and whats not.
but doing anything that is descrimatory in any way
on purpose
is descusting.
and all the stereotypes out there
don't help the issue of racisim much.
vampires_rock
Killjoy
vampires_rock
December 16th, 2006 at 12:16pm
i hate racism why do people do it?
skin is there to stop your insides falling out,it doesn't matter what colour it is because inside we are all the same,we have the same hearts,same lungs,same kidneys,the same organs so whats the point in taking the mick out of someone just because they have a different colour skin?
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 16th, 2006 at 01:42pm
The fact that my dad is black and my mom is Mexican, it hurts. When blacks say stuff about Mexicans and that the Mexicans talk about blacks. It's hard because I'm in the middle of everything. So I advise people to be careful of what they say.
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 20th, 2006 at 04:48am
Racism goes both ways. Just because you are an "ethnic minority" does not mean you have special rights to be an asshole. Honestly, everybody has gone through shit. Think about the jews with the holocaust....the irish starved to death in the famine, and then treated like dogs in america....discrimination towards japanese in wwII, etc.
Everybody gets discriminated against, no matter what race. And it always feels like shit, no matter your skin color. Certain races can get away with racism, but it all depends on where you are in the world. Its hypocritical, and often has a double standard. Everyone should just stfu.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
December 22nd, 2006 at 02:56pm
Mud:

Also, theres a huge line in "whitening" skin products in Asia. That in itself seems sick to me. They flog thousands of bottles of stuff thats supposed to make your skin genuinely whiter. Why?

Well, in China in ancient times if you had pale skin you were obviously rich/royalty as you didn't have to work in the fields and get sunburnt or tanned. Now in modern time I think it's just vanity. I don't think that it's meant as they want to be white.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
December 22nd, 2006 at 02:57pm
If it is that they want to be white, I think that's stupid.
You should be proud of your heritage/ethnicity.
Not to the point where you think other races are bad though.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
December 22nd, 2006 at 03:11pm
I_Mean_This:
Racism goes both ways. Just because you are an "ethnic minority" does not mean you have special rights to be an asshole. Honestly, everybody has gone through shit. Think about the jews with the holocaust....the irish starved to death in the famine, and then treated like dogs in america....discrimination towards japanese in wwII, etc.
Everybody gets discriminated against, no matter what race. And it always feels like shit, no matter your skin color. Certain races can get away with racism, but it all depends on where you are in the world. Its hypocritical, and often has a double standard. Everyone should just stfu.

I'm sorry but your post has offended me. What do you mean when you say "ethnic minority"? Believe me, I know that the Jews, Irish, and Japanese have been discriminated against. I know my history. And everytime I've witnessed racism there was a 5% chance there was counter-racism and double standards.

And yeah, if everyone would stfu then racism would just go away.

*Sarcasm*
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:07pm
I'm sorry but your post has offended me. What do you mean when you say "ethnic minority"? Believe me, I know that the Jews, Irish, and Japanese have been discriminated against. I know my history. And everytime I've witnessed racism there was a 5% chance there was counter-racism and double standards.

And yeah, if everyone would stfu then racism would just go away.

*Sarcasm*

Your argument doesnt make sense. I put it in quotes because im mocking the phrase.
Don't tell me there arent double standards, because there are. For example, white people are called "crackers" all the time...and its ok. However, use the n word when you are not black....doesnt really work out.
And yes, if everyone just shut up about it, and moved on, im sure it would be fine.
obviously this "peace and unity" theory hasnt worked out.

and also, how was what i said offensive? at all? I said no one is allowed to be racist, and it goes both ways. No one is exempt from being racist because of skin color.