Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
Fire-Cracker_xx
Bleeding on the Floor
Fire-Cracker_xx
July 28th, 2006 at 02:19pm
It's not an offensive word ;x my apologies, but you know how some today say "I hate Jews" I think litterally they're aiming it towards a culture or a religion, I just think they use that word to be offensive( from what I've seen lately..).
Hubert Cumberdale
Always Born a Crime
Hubert Cumberdale
July 28th, 2006 at 04:09pm
xPullxThexxTrigger;:
The "N" word, shouldn't be used by ANYBODY at all blacks/whites/mexicans/Indians/Asians, I DON'T CARE, don't use it,

Were you talking about me?
Because I was just saying what they wrote.
I didn't call anyone it.
And I didn't like that whoever wrote the letter used it either,
I explained that when I talked about how it disgusted me and broke my heart.
Fire-Cracker_xx
Bleeding on the Floor
Fire-Cracker_xx
July 28th, 2006 at 05:20pm
30 seconds to Sam///:
xPullxThexxTrigger;:
The "N" word, shouldn't be used by ANYBODY at all blacks/whites/mexicans/Indians/Asians, I DON'T CARE, don't use it,

Were you talking about me?
Because I was just saying what they wrote.
I didn't call anyone it.
And I didn't like that whoever wrote the letter used it either,
I explained that when I talked about how it disgusted me and broke my heart.

Oh nooo, I wasn't talking to anybody I was just reffering to what I've seen lately..at school =_=; and it discusts me too.
Crying Blue Eyes
Killjoy
Crying Blue Eyes
July 29th, 2006 at 11:50pm
Another message board I go on sorta ended up having a thread on this issue and what just hurt the most was the very first post basically said racism was wrong, but in the same breath started after whites for being racist.

I dont know why but this really brought me to tears. It hurt the most that out of 90 posts only one had mentioned the issue of the first post. Was it only one person had the guts to say anything? Or was everyone overlooking the fact that its wrong to be racist against truely ANY color, nationality, sex, etc.

I have friends from Egypt, and Iraq, and China, etc. I always love to discuss with them (once they feel comftorable) their culture so that I know what things may be hurtful to them. A few of them have actually thanked me, because they felt that I truly accepted them and they hadnt seen that. With my friends that their parents are from other countries I usually try the same, though it takes longer.

Discrimination is just wrong. But in a weird way I wonder if all the discrimination in the world, just makes others celebrate the diversity that surrounds them even more, because they realise others dont see the great it can be.
The_Impossible_Girl
Killjoy
The_Impossible_Girl
July 30th, 2006 at 06:19am
there is absolutly no call at any time in any coversation to use racism.
its slurred hating words that should be eliminated form the thoughts/words and minds of every single person.

racism is a disgusting vile form of defense used by the weak minded to make themselves feel better about themselves by putting down others.

its disgusting and degrading and ANYONE that uses any form of racist/sexist/derogitory slurry should be shot at close range in the head by a colt .45
Fire-Cracker_xx
Bleeding on the Floor
Fire-Cracker_xx
July 30th, 2006 at 08:15pm
Racism..to me is an Excuse to stereotype, Judge, Fear someone..It's pathetic.
Victim of Authority
Fabulous Killjoy
Victim of Authority
July 30th, 2006 at 08:46pm
Okay...racism gets me so angry, its not even funny. It's so stupid how people hate other people because of their skin color. I don't even know how to say how angry it makes me. Racism is stupid. There.
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
July 31st, 2006 at 01:17pm
Wow.

Okay, first off...I'm black. So, yeah, naturally I guess I'm a victim. {I know everyone's a victim, but you know what I mean}.

Luckily, I haven't really had to experience any racism, at least, not to my face.

The majority of my friends are either white or some other race, and sometimes I get trouble about that from my cousins, but, whatever, I don't care.

Of course, I have black friends too. But I find it hard to relate to them sometimes cause...I ACT SO..."WHITE".

I'm oftened targeted as "the white/black girl". Because I "act" so much like a white girl.

I love white boys.
I love rock music.
I love skate-boarding.
I talk...well, I guess you could say I talk like I live in Laguna Beach or something. {what I mean to say is, I don't speak 'ghetto'}.

It hurts sometimes. Not often. Just /sometimes/. I think of going to concerts and shudder. What would people think if they saw a brown face, in a sea of white ones, trying their best to mosh to the music, when really, that brown body was meant to dance to R&B? Of course, that's not what keeps me from going to concerts {it's my mother}, but I'm just trying to make a point.

Now, to be honest, if I hear of a racist comment against black people, I don't care. My friends never understand why. They'll be all like, "You should be mad at them, they shouldn't be talking about you people like that!" and usually I reply, "What do you mean 'you people'?" and kind of laugh, and then we shut-up. I just ignore it, and well, while ignoring it may not be the greatest thing {I know, I should be 'changing' stuff}, it's all I can really do at the moment, and it's working out just fine. Life is wonderful.
*A Midnight Soul*
Motor Baby
*A Midnight Soul*
August 4th, 2006 at 05:47pm
To me people are just...
well people. It shouldn't matter what their backround is
or what color they are, all that should matter is whats on the
inside not the outside. The inside is all that matters to me.

I have friends of all colors, shapes, sizes, and we all respect
eachother for who we are not what the color our skin is.

I don't have any respect for people who dislike/hate others just because of their race its immature and unfair.
CassieCHAOS
Killjoy
CassieCHAOS
August 4th, 2006 at 07:39pm
I am thoroughly disgusted with racists.
We're all human. We're all here for the same thing: to live, and die.
The great thing about this planet that we live on is that we're all so diverse. An earth without different races is like a world without music. Plain, Boring, we'd all be like drones.

The only time colours should be seperated is before you put your clothes into the washing machine.
kirstin
Salute You in Your Grave
kirstin
August 5th, 2006 at 07:12am
Ta Mere:
Another thing is that people always seem to refer to racism as whites being racist towards blacks, but it happens both ways. A lot of days at school i'm treated badly by some black kid i don't even know because i'm white. or better yet referred to as "that white girl" whereas if i were to say "that black girl" i would probably be suspended.

I was about to say that.
In my brother's old primary school, a black girl started aggrovating one of my brother's friends, who is a white South-African, calling him a "TicTac", and saying that he couldn't be frome Africa if he was white etc, and he retorted by calling her the n-word. Yet he was the only one suspended, despite the fact that she was the one that aggrovated him.

I do find with myself that I sometimes make unintentionally racist remarks, and I think that is down to my upbringing in areas that don't show much tolerance for other races, but rather than to do with skin colour, it is to do with religion. My Nan is basically a loyalist Protestant, and as everyone knows, in Northern Ireland there have been a lot of troubles with Protestants and Catholics. Because of the language that has been used around me from a young age, I do find myself coming out with words such as [sorry if this is seen as profanity] fenian and teig, but not so much now as I used to.

I don't know, I don't believe a single race is superior, but I do occassionally and unintentionally use racist words without realizing it. It's not happened in a loooong time, but it does happen. And I'll openly admit that.
Xx-Cristina.
Bleeding on the Floor
Xx-Cristina.
August 5th, 2006 at 03:47pm
I'm not racist, and I have nothing against anyone.
Black or not, if you don't have respect for me, I won't have respect for you.

A black person once insulted me and I insulted him back, and I got a dettention.
I had to write out an essay thing on how what I did was wrong.
The only thing I wrote was 'He insulted me, so I insulted him back. What's so wrong with that?'
Then I got another dettenion for not writing a 'corect' essay.

I think it's so stupid how White people are always called racist.
It's Never the Black person.
My Baby Shot Me Down
Really Not Okay
My Baby Shot Me Down
August 5th, 2006 at 08:59pm
ya man...racism totally suck! i mean my friend this one time was chatting on the net and when she was
asked bout her nationality. the guy said.."aint that place primitive?" and would talk bout malls like we didn't have any...hello! and he even called my friend a slave. a working slave who was in dire need of money! that just wasn't right..good thing my friend knew how to defend herself.

being asian....isn't being alien!
TheRadThimble
Killjoy
TheRadThimble
August 5th, 2006 at 09:15pm
bothourcarscollide:
Wow.

Okay, first off...I'm black. So, yeah, naturally I guess I'm a victim. {I know everyone's a victim, but you know what I mean}.

Luckily, I haven't really had to experience any racism, at least, not to my face.

The majority of my friends are either white or some other race, and sometimes I get trouble about that from my cousins, but, whatever, I don't care.

Of course, I have black friends too. But I find it hard to relate to them sometimes cause...I ACT SO..."WHITE".

I'm oftened targeted as "the white/black girl". Because I "act" so much like a white girl.

I love white boys.
I love rock music.
I love skate-boarding.
I talk...well, I guess you could say I talk like I live in Laguna Beach or something. {what I mean to say is, I don't speak 'ghetto'}.

It hurts sometimes. Not often. Just /sometimes/. I think of going to concerts and shudder. What would people think if they saw a brown face, in a sea of white ones, trying their best to mosh to the music, when really, that brown body was meant to dance to R&B? Of course, that's not what keeps me from going to concerts {it's my mother}, but I'm just trying to make a point.

Now, to be honest, if I hear of a racist comment against black people, I don't care. My friends never understand why. They'll be all like, "You should be mad at them, they shouldn't be talking about you people like that!" and usually I reply, "What do you mean 'you people'?" and kind of laugh, and then we shut-up. I just ignore it, and well, while ignoring it may not be the greatest thing {I know, I should be 'changing' stuff}, it's all I can really do at the moment, and it's working out just fine. Life is wonderful.

I can definetly see your point. I'm black and white [mostly black] and I get the black girl/white girl thing all the time.
Rock is my passion, when I was younger it was a "phase", and I would soon "Go back to Rap and R&B like I should". When I hang out with my black friends and am introduced to some of their friends its, "sorry about how she's dressed, she's a 'white girl'"
And I find it somewhat offensive. Why am should anyone be judged on who they are by their skin color? It's ridiculous.
brentx08
Killjoy
brentx08
August 10th, 2006 at 08:02pm
I hate racism. Lots of people do it and they don't even know that they are... Everyone is the same no matter what color they are. One thing that is over-looked on and makes me mad is when people will make a huge deal about a white person being racist towards a black person (which is a big deal), but if a black person were to be racist towards a white person, it's no big deal (which it is)... that realy makes me mad... they do it on tv, too. It's just as wrong for a black person to make fun of a white person as it is for a white person to make fun of a black person. and the same thing goes for other skin colors as well. now, when it comes to "mix-marrages"... I do not think it is wrong, but it can cause some big problems... but if you marry a good Christian man/woman and love them, you have done nothing wrong... Who agrees with me?
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
August 10th, 2006 at 09:52pm
brentx08:
now, when it comes to "mix-marrages"... I do not think it is wrong, but it can cause some big problems... but if you marry a good Christian man/woman and love them, you have done nothing wrong... Who agrees with me?

Some of the religiously-mixed marriages are the strongest I know.

As far as racism goes, its a pretty mixed bag for me. I go to an international school, where there are all sorts of people, of all races, faiths and backgrounds. And to be honest, we all get on great. Its never really an issue. And if someone makes it an issue, our year group will tend to come together to stop it.

But outside of school, because I'm a white kid, people often assume a lot of things. Around here, a lot of people assume that white girls are very slutty (am I allowed to say that? I didn't know how else to put it... Sorry Yara! If it needs changing, change it or tell me to.) so we can get treated as such when we go out. You can't get angry with everyone who does it, so we tend to just ignore them or give them the cold shoulder, which if they're with their mates works great, because you've embarrassed them.

Recently, some people have started to tell me to "**** off home" though, and I find that really scary and hurtful. I don't even know where "home" is. That sort of racism, I don't really know how to deal with. You can argue with them, but at the end of the day, if they're ready to say something like that to you, they're not really interested in listening to what you've got to say.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
August 13th, 2006 at 11:58am
Now, tell me if this is some sort of racism on my part...

until age 11 I lived in a city called Baltimore, and my school was very diverse, I had muslim friends, black, white, asian, spanish, you name it and they were my friend pretty mush. Then I moved to this little place called thurmont, where (in all seriousness) the population is 99% white. That was such a shock, and to hear all the "rednecks" (for lack of a better word) talk about the n word and things like that really bothered me to the point that I got sick and tired of white people. Or at least that kind of person...is that racism?

I just don't understand how someone can hate an ENTIRE race before they've met everyone. All the preconcieved ideas about races and religions and the like...it just makes me sick. I can't understand it...
Vaseline
Shotgun Sinner
Vaseline
August 14th, 2006 at 02:54am
i hate racism.

but,tell me if i'm racist.
i hate most of chinese people that live in my country.
they're think that they're higher and smarter than us,Indonesian.
they don't want to speak in our language in the public place,the fact is they can speak Indonesian.
they don't want to be friend with Indonesian.
God please, they're looking for some food in MY country,they work here,they live here.
respect us a bit!!
It's NOT YOUR country!
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
August 14th, 2006 at 12:23pm
But, see, it's because you've had experiences there. If that's what you feel because of interactions you've had, then it's not necessarily racism. It's just bad experiences. Personally, (and I don't know if I'm going to be able to word this right without sounding horrible so forgive me in advance) I think that if a person is going to immigrate to another country, they should learn the damn language. it's just common courtesey, you know? But, on the other hand, that's what makes the world great, diversity. I don't think you hate all Chinese people in general, just like I don't hate all white people in general. It's just really bad experiences. Which sucks, because I AM white. If you can look past their ignorance, then you're good.
Vaseline
Shotgun Sinner
Vaseline
August 15th, 2006 at 12:25am
LoveMePlease:
But, see, it's because you've had experiences there. If that's what you feel because of interactions you've had, then it's not necessarily racism. It's just bad experiences. Personally, (and I don't know if I'm going to be able to word this right without sounding horrible so forgive me in advance) I think that if a person is going to immigrate to another country, they should learn the damn language. it's just common courtesey, you know? But, on the other hand, that's what makes the world great, diversity. I don't think you hate all Chinese people in general, just like I don't hate all white people in general. It's just really bad experiences. Which sucks, because I AM white. If you can look past their ignorance, then you're good.
of course i don't hate all chinese people in general.
i hate most of them who live in my country.
well,i have several chinese friends and they're nice =]