Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 15th, 2006 at 12:49am
brentx08:
I hate racism. Lots of people do it and they don't even know that they are... Everyone is the same no matter what color they are. One thing that is over-looked on and makes me mad is when people will make a huge deal about a white person being racist towards a black person (which is a big deal), but if a black person were to be racist towards a white person, it's no big deal (which it is)... that realy makes me mad... they do it on tv, too. It's just as wrong for a black person to make fun of a white person as it is for a white person to make fun of a black person. and the same thing goes for other skin colors as well. now, when it comes to "mix-marrages"... I do not think it is wrong, but it can cause some big problems... but if you marry a good Christian man/woman and love them, you have done nothing wrong... Who agrees with me?

I agree with you but i would like to ask you a question. If you judge someone or say something wrong about their religion because it differs from yours isnt that being racist too? perhaps its called something else but is it not almost the same thing? If so then how can you be against racisim based on colour but you can be racist to me based on my religion? I'm not after a fight i just want to know why your opinion differs on these similar matters?
dunno
Killjoy
dunno
September 12th, 2006 at 11:41am
I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

This was said by Andy Rooney..and i fully agree..

some black people call white people racist..i think its opposite..

a few years ago, i think it was NAACP was pushing for severance pay for people who had family members who WERE slaves..

i dont think so..I wasnt alive then..YOU werent alive then..GET OVER IT...
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
September 12th, 2006 at 02:15pm
Racist people disgust me .I've witnessed it somebody dissed my people.I put her in her place.
Lost.In.Morgue
Jazz Hands
Lost.In.Morgue
September 18th, 2006 at 09:40am
funeral groover.:
Has anyone else on here seen the film 'Corina Corina'?
I love that film. It's set in America before all were considered equal, about a man and his daughter who hire a coloured maid. The man and the maid fall in love, and the maid takes the little girl to see her family.
Theres a really sweet scene where the little girl and the maid's little girl are sitting in a tree.
The man's little girl says: "Do you taste like chocolate?"
And the maids little girl says: "Do you taste like vanilla?"
I just felt like saying that because it shows the innocence of children, and how the colour of skin makes no difference to them.

Racism is horrible. It makes no difference if your skin is pale, dark, red or blue. We are all humans inside.

Hey I think I saw that movie and the little girl colors her doll darker with marker.I think I saw that on T.V.I think racism is wrong who cares?.I really don't give a shit where your from as long as your not a dick then Ill be your friend.
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
September 18th, 2006 at 11:18am
but there were many people that prejudge just because of your skin color. It sucks, why would you descriminate someone just because his not white, just because he's not like veryone else.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 23rd, 2006 at 09:31am
wretched.freak;:
but there were many people that prejudge just because of your skin color. It sucks, why would you descriminate someone just because his not white, just because he's not like veryone else.

I know, its something that facinates me because I just cant understand it. Also, i can honestly say when I meet a new person I don't pay much attention to their skin colour and I mean that seriously. I just made a new friend at University and I introduced her to my other friends, and later when she left they were like, oh i didnt realise she wasn't white. Actually she is from Kewate, which I knew, but her skin colour had never crossed my mind.

Its strange how some people just think differently to others.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
September 23rd, 2006 at 11:05am
I experience low-level racism a lot. Like, when I went to the police because a taxi driver was trying to rip me off (it is a criminal offence to refuse to use the meter) and they did nothing other than to call me "mat salleh" (not sure how to spell it, but its a vaguely derogatory word for Westerner). And while its not going to matter in the long run, it is so infuriating to be treated that way.

Also, I've experienced "positive racism", if you will. By this I don't mean that racism can ever be a positive thing, but that some racism draws positive attention. I lived in China and all the time I'd be stopped for people to stroke me or to pat my head or have their photo taken with me because I was white and, then, blonde and very pale. And while this may not be nearly as damaging as "negative" racism, it is intensely irritating and unhealthy.

Also, theres a huge line in "whitening" skin products in Asia. That in itself seems sick to me. They flog thousands of bottles of stuff thats supposed to make your skin genuinely whiter. Why?
bed_of_roses
Joining The Black Parade
bed_of_roses
October 3rd, 2006 at 11:07pm
i dislike racism...not just cus i have been personally through it but just ..the whole topic..to me it seems like it holds no purpose..even if it did it would still be wrong..
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
November 7th, 2006 at 01:57am
It has never been easy to be different.
Racism is so wrong.
There is an incredible amount of racism in the small town I live in.
You get jumped by people just walking down the street.
I'm afraid to walk alone, or even with someone.
And no one should be afraid to walk down the street. Some people
just make me sick, growing up in a racist town is awful.
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
November 7th, 2006 at 02:16am
Hell, I could go on about racism for hours... I think it's disgusting. It makes me so sick when I see stuff about KKK and whatnot... it just makes me want to throw up.

I remember seeing this thing on the news about two twin girls... Lynx and Lamb, was it? And they were this singing duo called Prussian Blue, and they'd been brought up to basically hate everyone was wasn't part of the "master race", or Ayran, or whatever the fuck they call it. And just watching two fourteen-year-old, innocent-looking girls go on about how they thought people like Hilter "had some good ideas" and that he was "a great man"... it just made me wonder what the hell was wrong with the world.

But... mreh. I'll stop before I get into a proper rant, you'll never get me to shut up.

But if anyone wants to know more about those girls, I think there's something here on Wikipedia...
dark_princess
Fabulous Killjoy
dark_princess
November 7th, 2006 at 01:01pm
is having red hair a race??
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 7th, 2006 at 01:10pm
I hate Racism It makes me fucking sick to my stomach..
I witnessed it..!.
I was hanging with my friend and She let her friends talk shit about black people and I'm half black ....And that wasnt right so I stood up to those racist bitches..and made em feel bad.

They wanted to apologize to me.Please if I hadnt of told them anything they would've kept on going about Black people!!Whatever Racist makes me Sick.!!

And My friend liza would go to far by calling someone else a dirty nigger and I'd get offended she'd be like sorry I 'd tell her You know what your doing when you call somebody a dirty nigger she claims she's sorry yet she does it and does it Thats why I roll my eyes at her she gets mad cause she knows i'm right.!!!She wouldnt like it if someone called her a dirty JEW...
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 8th, 2006 at 06:25pm
^Please try to watch your language here.

No, having red hair is not a race, Dark Princess, though there are people who do have something against redheads. That is called predjuduce.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 8th, 2006 at 06:49pm
I did not do any cursing on here..!.
But anyways I think all people should get along Prejudice should die..
I hate prejudice people
Michael Jackson says-"prejudice is Ignorance"
Rockee.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rockee.
November 8th, 2006 at 11:51pm
Wow....well I think that racism is pointless..but its doesn't help either group of people advance in anyway.....and Im black and I have experienced racist comments first hand....especially because i love rock music and l wear a lot of black...so people call me "emo"..or "goth"...or an "oreo"....I hate that because I dont judge anybody...so why should I have to sit there and be judgedmyself on my appearance...it's beyond me...its really is..
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
November 22nd, 2006 at 05:12pm
I hate racism.
I'm asian and even though i live in "civilised" Australia i still get beat up because of my ethnicity. Recently i went to a gig and got literally pushed out of the way and got spat on with racial comments.

It was really hurtful and uneccessary seeing as i did nothing in the first place.

What's worse is that evryone is doing it even if they don't think they are...some of my "friends" treat me differently at times.

Around where i live there's also a lot of racial grafitti which pisses me off.
I believe in equality for all.
Darkened Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Darkened Angel
November 23rd, 2006 at 12:37am
I think the world would be better off without racism, in the long run it's not helping anyone out but splitting up the world even further.

I'm white and italian from my dad's side, black and cherokee indian from my mom's side. This makes me darker than my dad, lighter than my mother. Say I were to the grocery store with my dad, I get weird looks from other people when they hear me say 'Daddy' and realize I don't have the same color of skin as my dad. Same happens if I go somewhere with my mom.

My point: Blacks, whites, hispanic, native americans, ect. aren't the only ones dealing with racism, whether verbal, physical or just plain ugly looks like I'm used to.

My family experiences racism all the time, sometimes it's not even on purpose. My parents told me when they started dating they got a lot of weird looks and people whispered behind their backs at resturants. I don't even think my mom's family liked my dad at first, but they get along now. If my mom's stubborn family can get over something dumb like skin color, why can't the rest of the world at least try?
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
November 24th, 2006 at 06:11pm
Racsism is wrong!
Scream Photo Op!
Jazz Hands
Scream Photo Op!
November 25th, 2006 at 03:20pm
My parents and brother are black(adopted) and it pisses me off to see them get called the "N" word

The only reason white ppl like us cant say it is because, years ago as you know, the word used to be hateful and an insult. My brother says he wont say it because why would he insult himself and his friends just cause it's "gangsta"

And I hate that "all black people are gangsta" stereotype. My brother loves Busta Rhymes AND Taking Back Sunday...

I love Hip-Hop and Rock. So what

And racism isnt just black and white. It's mexican, Japanese, Chinese...
Fermez Ton Bouche
Joining The Black Parade
Fermez Ton Bouche
November 26th, 2006 at 10:16am
Yara; wtf...:
I am not a racist.

But I have never once in my life met a single black person that I've been able to respect. Every black person I've met, be it man or woman, has been disrespectful, uneducated, rude and violent.

But I still give every person I meet a new chance. No matter the skin color.

Never met a respectable black person? Jeez, are you serious?