Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 15th, 2007 at 12:56pm
rac·ism: 'rA-"si-z&m: noun: 1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Just to clear things up.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 15th, 2007 at 06:25pm
Resurgam:
rac·ism: 'rA-"si-z&m: noun: 1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Just to clear things up.

Ah, now see that's pretty much the way I always thought of it. Not just skin colour at all, rather generalisations such as 'all Asians are really intelligent' or that if you're black you're a gangbanger etc.
Thank you for clearing that one up for those who were confused.
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
April 16th, 2007 at 05:04pm
Some people are full of themselves. Yes, I'm cool cuz I'm black. Yes, I'm better because I'm white. Fuck that...I always wonder: "Who was the retarded person that came up with the idea that we should be categorized by our SKIN COLOR?" If you think about the big picture...how STUPID is that?
Quinnifier.
Awake and Unafraid
Quinnifier.
April 18th, 2007 at 12:39pm
Racism is very aggravting. I hate it, whenever it comes to mind i just get this feeling of annoyance. Why are people racist? Why do they have to judge each other by there ethincy? It confuses and scares me. I just hands down which it never existed.
It gets me mad whenever my mom starts talking down to Mexicans. Or whenever she says something racist. I try and talk about it with her, she won't listen. I hate it. WE ARE ALL EQUAL. At least I sure use to think that. Even in the declaration of indepence says "every man and woman are equal. every race" i can't give the exact quote right now but it goes, or hopefully goes something like that. Yet we still discriminse(sp) I really can't stand it.

Don't judge us by our looks, it's not our fault.
Don't judge our race because someone from our race did somethig wrong. Don't think we are just like them.
Don't.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
April 18th, 2007 at 01:02pm
Racsism pisses me off! There's a white guy at school, who tries to be cool with black kids and mixed race people (but he hates me XD), and uses the N word. Pisses me off. He ain't even black or mixed race. I find the N word extremly offensive.

All races are equal, so everyone is equal, when it comes to skin colour. Wiether they be black, white, mixed race, Asian or whatever they are, everyone should be accepted and we should all get along.
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 09:34pm
Ok, honestly. Ever one is a human being I think that there should be no racism on earth. We are all human beings just live your life die whatever.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 20th, 2007 at 07:29am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Resurgam:

Just to clear things up.

Ah, now see that's pretty much the way I always thought of it. Not just skin colour at all, rather generalisations such as 'all Asians are really intelligent' or that if you're black you're a gangbanger etc.
Thank you for clearing that one up for those who were confused.

but, some things can be true, as in the top 7 students at my school are asian.

EDIT: im not trying to create controversy neither am i a racist, but...thats what it is at my school.

and there is one black student at my school. one. (that isnt aboriginaly heritaged (make sense?)) and she, is pretty much the most popular girl here. everyone loves her. shes the bestand completely awesome
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 20th, 2007 at 06:20pm
^Just because the top seven kids at your school are Asian doesn't mean all Asian kids are smart, or that all smart kids are Asian. That's the point.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
April 20th, 2007 at 11:58pm
I live in Australia and i am Asian ide like to point out not all of us are braniacs, infact i suck at math.

whilst we are on the topic of racism ide like to voice my utter disgust at a certain comedian known as "Rodney Rude" i had listened to one of his routines and i found it highly offensive as a not just as an Australian but an Asian Australian, it is because of so called comedians such as Rodney Rude that this country has gotten such a bad name. Rodney Rude sees fit to make jokes about those of asian immigrants specifically the japanese.

Will somone one day please stop this man he is obviously dripping racial slurs and noone seems to find it offensive.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 21st, 2007 at 02:51am
Let's hear it for Rodney Rude sucking major ass.
I srsly hate that guy, and that Kevin Bloody Wilson, and all those lame-ass 'comedians'.

Back on topic, I think the generalisation about 'smart Asians' comes from the fact that in a lot of Asian cultures (esp. Japanese) put a lot of emphasis on having over-achieving kids. I think it's also quite prevalent in China, where they have the one-child policy, therefore parents feel that if their one and only doesn't become a doctor, lawyer or other powerful public figure, they've failed in their duty to create a contributing member of society - and they don't get a second chance.
As such, a lot of Asian immigrants or those born to immigrant parents/grandparents (who still ride tradition and culture very hard) are pressured into spending every spare second of their time studying, as it brings shame to their family if they're not head of the graduating class. They may not actually be smarter than the rest of us, but they try so much harder because they feel they have to (unlike us lazy white kids), and therefore come out ahead of us in school a lot of the time.

That post had nothing much to do with racism, just a thought that occurred to me recently, so I thought I'd share it.
ChokeMeWithTears
Salute You in Your Grave
ChokeMeWithTears
April 21st, 2007 at 06:09am
It is not p[ossible for me to be racist, my dad's white, my mum's black, I have mixed up nationality and I'm only a quarter english. We're a family, it doesn't matter what colour you are, and no race should be steriotyped because all people are different
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 21st, 2007 at 06:28am
Resurgam:
^Just because the top seven kids at your school are Asian doesn't mean all Asian kids are smart, or that all smart kids are Asian. That's the point.

did you read the first line of my edit?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 21st, 2007 at 04:15pm
^...Yes. I wasn't trying to suggest that you're racist. I just mean that while some stereotypes are true in certain situations, it doesn't mean they're true in all situations. I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be rude. Just commenting on what you said.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 21st, 2007 at 05:20pm
eternalxromance:
It is not possible for me to be racist, my dad's white, my mum's black, I have mixed up nationality and I'm only a quarter english. We're a family, it doesn't matter what colour you are, and no race should be steriotyped because all people are different

Excuse me, but your nationality or race is not something you can use
to say that you can't possibly be racist.

Whites are not the only racist people.
There are racists of every color, and racism against every color.
Just because you are a negroid-caucasian mix (going by terminology only here)
does not mean that you can't be racist against whites or blacks,
or asians, or hispanics, etc.

I hate it when people try to use their race or races to say that they can't be racist.
It's ignorant.

Not attacking you, btw. That last statement is venting in general.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
April 21st, 2007 at 05:34pm
Mud:
I lived in China and all the time I'd be stopped for people to stroke me or to pat my head or have their photo taken with me because I was white and, then, blonde and very pale. And while this may not be nearly as damaging as "negative" racism, it is intensely irritating and unhealthy.

This is well late, but it's because to the more traditional Chinese, being blonde is like having gold hair, and touching it would bring good luck and wealth.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
April 22nd, 2007 at 03:48am
wow somone agrees with my "Rodney Rude is a disgrace" idea
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
April 22nd, 2007 at 09:48am
I'm half Japanese and I think racism is just tragical.
Horrible.
Terrible.
Bad.

When I was a little kid, everyone just ignored me and called me a stupid Japanese and sometimes Chinese. I had no friends and I had no life.
Go back to your country, they told me. I cried a lot, those years.
Finally, now, there's a little less racism in the world. But still too much for me.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:16am
when I was in elementary school, there was practically no racism whatsoever . we did have blacks and mexicans and whites &etc, but everyone played with everyone else. no one excluded anyone because of their race. but yea, we did have the little cliques but no one ever brought up the fact of all of us being friends but not being the same race. so maybe this means that racism is going away slowly but surely.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
April 22nd, 2007 at 03:30pm
Horrorkid.:

When I was a little kid, everyone just ignored me and called me a stupid Japanese and sometimes Chinese.

That pisses me off so badly. I'm Chinese, and people tell me to go back to Japan or Korea. It's like, if you're going to yell shite at me, can't you at least make sure it's actually correct?
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 23rd, 2007 at 07:40pm
No offence here.
But racism happens a lot.
And probably all of us have said something a wee bit racist without even realizing it.
But I thin kthat racism is more of you mean to hurt someone, you mean to make thme feel inferior for whatever reason.