Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
July 2nd, 2006 at 09:43pm
racism sux. and havin been on the recieving end of racism...i know how much it hurts.

it's just plain stupid. we all have to live on this world...we're all humans. why cant ppl just except the way ppl are and just get along. just because someone has different coloured skin or wateva doesnt mean they're any different then ani other human being.
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
July 2nd, 2006 at 11:35pm
dRowNingInmYsorRowS:
Can I ask something? Why is everybody talking about racism against African Americans and people of that type? (I dunno, I skimmed this whole thing b/c I had to get off the computer, but basically, I saw a lot of 'racism...black people versus white...dadadda..) I mean, yeah, some people down in the 'old South' are kind....racist, and I'm sure there are a lot of black people in the world being discriminated this very second, but they aren't even close to being the majority of it. The whole slave thing with African Americans was pushed out a long time ago - and most of the ignorant discriminaters with it. I mean, sure, there are a lot of black people being discriminated right now, but for me, when I think about discrimination, I tend to think of different cultures. Maybe you guys aren't aware of it, but mostly, I think, since 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and a lot of other things, Asians are the majority, the center of all the racism. I'm Asian myself, so I would know - living in America had been a struggle for me, not only for the days I'm being talked about for my ethnicity, but for the days I hear jokes about my ethnic group. Maybe you guys all have different opinions about who gets discriminated the most, or how unfair it is, but can I ask of you people to look at the bigger picture? How many people with dark skin have been attacked for 'being associated with 9/11'? How many Chinese jokes are there about people with eyes slightly pointing up? I'm not trying to preach here, but the truth is, I've seen a lot of ugly things in my life, and most of it is discrimination. Even in middle school, where I thought people would grow more mature about this kinda stuff, I heard jokes...And worst of all, my so called friends making those jokes. I'm sorry for writing such a long paragraph (I don't think anyone will read this, at all, actually), but I kinda just wanted to vent out all the anger and maybe inform you guys that the black vs. white thing isn't the only form of racism.

There is no racism against Asians or Middle Easterns in my town really. I mean, I haven't met anyone who has tormented or teased anyone of that ethnicity. It's just not an issue here.
I live in the deep south with a bunch of rednecks and black racists who beat up and kill each other daily, so that is what I talk about.
Come and live in my town, and you'll never get picked on for being Asian. Very Happy Seriously.

EVERYONE seems to ignore the fact that there are, in America, more black racists than there are white racists. Its a fact that I am not making up.
And I really am getting sick about black racism against whites because in Ocean Springs, if there is a white racist, they are usually very unpopular and eveyone ignores them. Usually.
But there are even more black racists who are ALWAYS starting shit and beating each other up. There was this one girl who jumped on my friend's back, CLAWED IT UP and punched him trying to get to my sister, only because she "shoved her" (which she didn't, I was there) in the lunch line. She went off calling her "white bitch" and talking about "the evil white man" and "black power."
It squicks me and I just wish that all racists would just...die or realize how stupid they are. That goes for everyone who's called someone a "beaner", "spic", "chink", "pollock", "nigga", "cracker" WHATEVER.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 3rd, 2006 at 07:16am
Everyone is born equal.

Remember that, and maybe we'll get on in life a lot better.
Why hate people because they are a different skin color to you? Why waste your time hating them, when you could be doing so many other more important things?
If people make a racist remark to you, no matter what your skin color, hold your head high and walk on by.
And, personally, I think the only reason people are appalled by some groups of people being racially abused is because they have had to deal with things that white Christians haven't, so they are annoyed that people are still having a go at those who are most vunerable and have had a bad history and have been given a bad name and reputation by the white Christians.
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
July 3rd, 2006 at 03:21pm
Maybe I'm taking your comment the wrong way, but Christians nowadays don't go around making false judgements like that. Maybe they did in the Crusades and Salem Witch Trials, but I have never in my lifetime heard any pastor or preacher telling anyone that race matters.

I am a white Christian.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 3rd, 2006 at 03:31pm
No, I didn't mean people are making those judgements today. I mean they did in the past, and because people still get insulted by those sorts of things, they think it's awful because they don't know exactly what black people had to deal with in the past, so they are appalled that some people still make bad judgements like that today.
It's, like, well.... White Christians never had to be abused in their past or kept as slaves, so they don't understand and are upset and appalled by these things.
Other races and religions can take it better, because they have suffered in the past, so they are more used to it.

Not that I have anything against Christianity by the way.
~*Lisa*~
Salute You in Your Grave
~*Lisa*~
July 3rd, 2006 at 05:54pm
kerri u know i love you
however white christians back in the roman times
was slaughtered
and tortured just for their belief
just to add that
oh and im against racism
and i live in kentucky in the United States
that is in the south
i am sad to say
but there are still alot of racist ppl
like the KKK
everyone is not just whites
they call everyone everything
however now most african americans are more racist than most whites
it is sad
cuz im friends with everyone
and it is hard being the only 'white' girl in a room full of black ppl
and most ppl accept me
but i get called like cracker and honkey
and stuff like that
oh wellz
i choose to love not hate
and kerri u know i love your smexy self Very Happy
*Lisa*
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
July 3rd, 2006 at 08:45pm
The blacks where I live (the racist ones, not the cool ones) keep whining about how they hate us white people because we enslaved them.

Well, my great gramma was a slave in Sweden and I don't hate the Swedes.

It was horrible times for black people until the sixties, and I can definately understand how the older people are still upset, but the newer generations don't have such problems. It is required by law that they are treated just as well as everyone else, but they are still blaming other races.

The whole New Orleans thing? Ok, my house got flooded during Katrina too and my family had to pay a shitload of money to rebuild, but we're not blaming anyone.
There are groups of people in New Orleans who have started rallying against white people saying that Katrina was our fault and how we're "not helping them."

I can honestly say that I hate black racists. Not black people, but the whole "black power" and "the evil white man" thing just pisses me the hell off.

And sorry for these pissed off rants, but I deal with this every day and it makes me want to scream.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
July 3rd, 2006 at 11:40pm
secret_goldfish:
mm why has this discussion become a matter of primarily black and white matters? there are other minorities than African Americans, but I'm just pointing that out. Wink
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
July 4th, 2006 at 12:45am
secret_goldfish:
secret_goldfish:
mm why has this discussion become a matter of primarily black and white matters? there are other minorities than African Americans, but I'm just pointing that out. Wink

Maybe its because most racism around the Inopians on this thread black VS white and that it is one of the main causes of violent acts in America today? Just maybe.
As long as it fits in the topic, why does it matter?
cocorosie.
In a Bullet's Embrace
cocorosie.
July 4th, 2006 at 12:57am
I personally hate racism.
I've been a victim I guess.
Here in Honduras sometimes I get sort-of discriminated by other people who live here.
Just because I have a lighter skin than other people here.
People immideatelly think I'm rich and begin to insult me because they think I get life easy. Confused
Also, when I go to other countries and say I'm Honduran,
I get dirty looks, and some people
DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE HONDURAS IS!!!
I hate being judged that way just because of my nationality.
I'm also discriminated here in my country because I don't have a religion...
it's not like I just chose not to have one
my mom and my dad had different religions that didn't accept each other when they met.
So when they got married they decided to raise their children without a religion...
I just hate it racism.
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
July 4th, 2006 at 01:17am
I would have to say Im against racism, but sometimes I'll just be lead to believe that all the Aboriginals here are bad.

Where I live, your either Black or White. Its kinda how it is in most of the backwater places I've lived in Australia.
Some of them are just plain horrible and that makes me feel 'superior' to them because I'm white and belong to a decent family.
I feel instanly horrible afterwards.
I know there ae afew decent familys that live in Pingelly and they have jobs and their kids are very civil and nice.

I don't try and start things with any of them, I dont make comments about their 'colour' or race. I generally ignore them, unless they have something in for me.
And even when I hate them and were having a 'bitch-off' I'll never tell them there bad becasue there black.

Well, theres my two cents worth.
But think about how I feel before you scream at me for being a "racist white pig'. I had to live across the road from Aboriginal Drug dealers who dont even try to be descreet.
They hated us for no reason and would have parties at any given hour.
They brought dogs and would starve them and the DOGS would DIE.
They threw curses at all of us and even used "black magic" (No pun intended) on my whole family.
I have nothing against them, I just with they would use government money well and try and attempt to get a job.

And if you feel like arguing with me, PM me. :3
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
July 4th, 2006 at 03:27am
M!lly:
I would have to say Im against racism, but sometimes I'll just be lead to believe that all the Aboriginals here are bad.

Well, theres my two cents worth.
But think about how I feel before you scream at me for being a "racist white pig'. I had to live across the road from Aboriginal Drug dealers who dont even try to be descreet.
They hated us for no reason and would have parties at any given hour.
They brought dogs and would starve them and the DOGS would DIE.
They threw curses at all of us and even used "black magic" (No pun intended) on my whole family.
I have nothing against them, I just with they would use government money well and try and attempt to get a job.

And if you feel like arguing with me, PM me. :3

Sorry, I'm not PMing you.

I live in Australia too, and it's not just "you're black or you're white".
You'll find that Australia is one of the most multicultural countries in the world.

See, you've only had experience with the "bad" type of Aboriginals.
I've met Indigenous Australians, and they're the most civilised people I've ever known.

What you're saying is because of your experience with Aboriginals, ALL of them are bad. You'll find that "white" drug dealers can act EXACTLY - if not worse - the same, as those that you lived across. But I bet you wouldn't go around saying how "you're led to believe that every white Australian is bad."

Get my point?
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
July 4th, 2006 at 12:19pm
MadHatterMCR:
EVERYONE seems to ignore the fact that there are, in America, more black racists than there are white racists. Its a fact that I am not making up.

Do you have any evidence for this?

MatHatterMCR:
The blacks where I live (the racist ones, not the cool ones) keep whining about how they hate us white people because we enslaved them.

Well, my great gramma was a slave in Sweden and I don't hate the Swedes.

But the Swedes didn't enslave millions of your race, did they? Or did they?

[Stella[R]XGirl*<3:
and some people DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE HONDURAS IS!!!

Embarassed
I don't know where Honduras is... I've heard of it. Is it in Latin America? *goes hunting for atlas*
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
July 4th, 2006 at 12:23pm
MadHatterMCR:

I believe that, but in the south where I live, there are way more white racists peoples than the black racists or any other races being racist. Alot of them are due to slavery. But being as the more of the racist whites are growing older and dying, there arent as many of them.
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
July 4th, 2006 at 12:25pm
I agree with the maddhattermcr, there are many of black racists...I can understand the older generations hating whites for enslaving them, but what do the younger ones have to do with it?!

It isn't fair that the older ones affect the younger ones with their hatred.

Maybe we should just face it- we will NEVR live in peace. There will always be someone hating someone else.

I don't consider myself racist. I don't care what's your skin color, what I'm interested in is your personality. As simple as that.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
July 4th, 2006 at 12:32pm
angel_of_unknown:
I agree with the maddhattermcr, there are many of black racists...I can understand the older generations hating whites for enslaving them, but what do the younger ones have to do with it?!

It isn't fair that the older ones affect the younger ones with their hatred.

Presumably because it's an inescapably huge part of their heritage. I can understand the feeling of resentment but I don't think we should be blaming anyone. The Slave Trade happened centuries ago; no one alive today had anything to do with it.[/quote]
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
July 4th, 2006 at 12:44pm
Exactly. I'm going through the same thing at home. My grandparents hate our neighbor country because they tried to overtake the power. That happened 16 years ago, and I went through it along with them, but I can't hate my generation for it. We didn't do anything.
Yeah, many peopl had died in vain, but we didn't start it, why should we resent each others?
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
July 4th, 2006 at 01:08pm
Why indeed?
Unfortunately not everyone can not hate. We shouldn't forget what happened, but we should stop apportioning blame.
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
July 4th, 2006 at 01:17pm
my point exactly...Like, okay-it happened...I won't forget those who died for my country and why they died, but I can't and I won't hate someone for their nationality.

The same can go for the jewes and the germans.
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
July 4th, 2006 at 01:46pm
clarissa:
Do you have any evidence for this?

I read it in an article in the paper a while ago. I don't have it onhand, but I will find it as soon as possible. I wasn't making it up. It may not be true in all areas, but especially in the south and in larger cities, it is.

clarissa:
But the Swedes didn't enslave millions of your race, did they? Or did they?

Not millions, but a lot more than they should have. I don't think that really matters. Evey black person who has yelled at me has always screamed "MY great blah blah" or something. People are selfish; they care only about their immediate family.
They only care about the millions of their bretheren when its convenient.
(Of course, that is excepting the great people who spoke out against racism for all of African Americas, Dr. King being most famous obviously. Once again, I'm generalizing.)