assiralc talc
June 5th, 2006 at 06:42am
^ That's nationalism, isn't it?
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
June 5th, 2006 at 02:43pm
OMG it's Jennie :0:
There is a political party in the UK which sounds like the Nazi party to me. They are the BNP (British National Party) and they believe that the UK is for the pure English only, basicly. Theoretically, if they came into power I don't think my school would exist anymore seeing as it is a Catholic school and almost everyone is Irish. The BNP are against everything non British and non Church Of England I think. The sad thing is, they win some regional elections around the country. It's disgusting.

i'm not being sly but that's one of the resons why i hate being called british when i live in northern ireland becuase of some of the british governments views like the war on iraq but that's a different matter.
and to the person who was called ginger even though she's blonde, tell those fuckers to come here and see a real ginger person and they'd get a good talking to.
i used to hate my hair and wanted to fully dye it but now, not so much.
inter-racial marriage i'm totally for, if people want to get married they should be allowed to and to tell you the truth those marriages are probably the one's that last
and Yara i'm sure you're parents would be really proud to see what you wrote.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
June 5th, 2006 at 04:01pm
clarissa:
^ That's nationalism, isn't it?

Nationalism is extreme pride in you country

This girl in my school is African-American but she's white. Her parents were both born in Africa and their famlies have been there since the late 1800s. She said this one day in class and alot of people got mad at her. They said that she wasn't black so she couldn't be African-American. One girl said that African blood didnn't run though her vains. This kept going until a black girl stood up and said that she wasn't African-American either which made everyone be quiet. Her parents were from the islands. After this people told she wasn't black and her black card was revoked.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 5th, 2006 at 04:47pm
starcrossedlovers:
Nationalism is extreme pride in you country

That's what I thought originally. But in the Racism thread someone said that racism meant thinking your race is superior when I just assumed it meant being prejudiced against other races. How come How come nationalism doesn't mean the same, but with nationalities. The English language confuses me.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 6th, 2006 at 10:04am
OMG it's Jennie :0:
There is a political party in the UK which sounds like the Nazi party to me. They are the BNP (British National Party) and they believe that the UK is for the pure English only, basicly. Theoretically, if they came into power I don't think my school would exist anymore seeing as it is a Catholic school and almost everyone is Irish. The BNP are against everything non British and non Church Of England I think. The sad thing is, they win some regional elections around the country. It's disgusting.

Nick Griffith (sp?) is the BNP leader and apparently at school the other kids used to call him 'Nick the Prick'. I think it's appropiate. Naughty
Smade
Joining The Black Parade
Smade
June 7th, 2006 at 02:09pm
well i don't agree with the bnp, and i know this is late but, i see nothing wrong with inter racial relationships, as my mom (who is white) and my dad( who is black) were together, but not anymore, but making my half-caste, i have had some rasicst comments made to me, but not for years, alough the school i go to has mainly white people, there is no rasism, but i do disagrre with any form of racism towards anybody.
DiE_bY_THR33S
Jazz Hands
DiE_bY_THR33S
June 19th, 2006 at 06:24pm
I'd just like to voice my opinion about it. I'm african-american, and I hate racism. I grew up in a racist neighborhood, and the police would arrest my parents for no reason, and even my first grade teacher was racist towards me. She would mess up my grades all the time, like she'd make make answers wrong when they weren't........and all the other kids would make fun of me.........plus, back when I was in kindergarten, this group of girls would refuse to play with me bcause I'm black........and now, I don't have much self-esteem anymore. I cry easily, and racism can do so much destruction. I remember all the racial slurs that went around my ears.....and it hurts, it really does.
What the worst part is is that most people don't even KNOW you when they think (or say) those awful things. At my school, the kids there have a problem with mexicans, I don't know why.There is practically not ONE single mexican kid in my school, yet all the kids there call them filthy......how can you call a mexican person filthy when you know NOTHING of their hygiene? Well, that's all I'd like to say, I hope I didn't offend anyone.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 19th, 2006 at 06:36pm
I hate how people call black people "African Americans/Candians".
I can guarentee not all of them come from Africa, or had thier ancestors.
Africa isn't the only place that has people with dark skin. It's just one of those things that irritate the crap out of me.

I think being racist is one of the lowest things anyone could ever be. So what if someone doesn't have the same color skin as you, or comes from a different country?Racism isn't that big an issue in my school, which I am entirely greatful for. There are a few black people, but no one really thinks any different of them.
I honestly don't think racism will ever be stopped. You can't always change the way someone feels about something.
One of the only times anyone has ever said anything racist towards me was when a Mikmaq girl called ma "cracker". Which was possibly the most stupid thing she could have ever said, because to my knowledge, "cracker" is what black slaves reffered to thier "owners" as because of the sound the whip made. I may be wrong, but that's what I initially thought.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
June 19th, 2006 at 08:40pm
r o c k s t a r:
I hate how people call black people "African Americans/Candians".
I can guarentee not all of them come from Africa, or had thier ancestors.
Africa isn't the only place that has people with dark skin. It's just one of those things that irritate the crap out of me.

I know that not all people who have a darker skin tone come from Africa but, some get mad when you call them black or don't call them African-American. I just try to avoid it unless I know the person.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 19th, 2006 at 08:50pm
My uncle is like a cop-type-thing, and when doing racial profiling, like when he arrests someone, if they have dark skin he has to put them down as African Nova Scotian, whether they're of African descent or not, which personally I think is stupid.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
June 20th, 2006 at 12:23pm
r o c k s t a r:
My uncle is like a cop-type-thing, and when doing racial profiling, like when he arrests someone, if they have dark skin he has to put them down as African Nova Scotian, whether they're of African descent or not, which personally I think is stupid.

that's really racist in itself [[i don't mean it's your uncles? fault]]
but if he works for the police or any other authoritarian society or whatever they should be the one's to inforce non-racist ways especially if they want to stamp out racism
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
June 20th, 2006 at 02:42pm
I'm black/syrian/indian and I don't appreciate racism from anyone. I've been called nigger, terrorist, savage, mutt, even cracker cause I look like I may be white. Racism isn't just from whites. It's from blacks, asians, hispanics ect. too. Someone said on here that all blacks say the n-word and think it's ok. I, being primarily balck, find that offensive. I believe that that word shouldn't be used by anyone. Too many people were killed over the use of that word. When someone says it I think that they're damning the dead who fought against or for the usage of it. Also, it pisses me off when people get stuck into stereotypes. I go to a school that's primarily black. Majority of them come from the projects so they act "ghetto". When white people meet me they're like, "You act like us. You act white." Just cause I don't listen to only rap. I listen to everything and happen to be obsessed with MCR. That makes me automatically white? Just cause I don't speak in ebonics and wear Baby Phat? That's crap. And the white kids that get picked on at school by the black kids go on websites like this to rant against all blacks cause they're rare on these kind of sites. Stereotypical white sites. It makes me sad that people are so easily persuaded that all blacks are "ghetto", uneducated, rude, and violent from their small sample.

P.S. I don't use slavery as a scapegoat either.
guran!
Shotgun Sinner
guran!
June 20th, 2006 at 02:50pm
I hate racism. it's wrong.

And people are stupid for it. A lot of raxism goes on here because of nationality. ifyou're not fully icelandicm then you're different, and being different is bad. I've heard bad jokes about peopel from other countries. and I got picked on too because I was half american.

racism is a fucking crime. and should be treated as one
cocorosie.
In a Bullet's Embrace
cocorosie.
June 20th, 2006 at 03:00pm
I hate racism. I've been a victim of it too, just because I'm Honduras (Latin) and I travel to another country I get called "Frijolera" (beaner) a lot, and that annoys the living crap out of me. And here in my country, because I look white I get called Gringa...
I hate it, I'm always excluded one way or the other.. x_x
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
June 21st, 2006 at 08:42pm
There is a lot of black racism in my town (more blacks who hate whites than whites hating blacks) and a lot of the white kids get kicked around and stabbed a lot. I wasn't racist before I moved here, and I'm not really now (I do have black friends) but because of the race violence, I tend to stick to my own "kind."

My aunt is Indian (INDIAN not Native American) and right after the 9/11 attacks, she and her children with persecuted and treated badly. A waitress at Denny's actually refused to serve her because she was a "terrorist."
I love my aunt to death. She is an amazing woman and I cannot stand it when racist are cruel to her and her daughters.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 23rd, 2006 at 08:46pm
What are your thoughts and opinions on "positive racism"? For instance...

"All Chinese people are wonderful orchestral musicians."
or
"All Kenyans are excellent runners."

Well?
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:51pm
Its better than non-postive racism but your still basing something on the color of the person skin
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
June 24th, 2006 at 08:19pm
Racism is stupid. I hate it. NO one is better than anyone because they don't act or look like they do.
dRowNingInmYsorRowS
Thinking Happy Thoughts
dRowNingInmYsorRowS
July 2nd, 2006 at 03:23pm
Can I ask something? Why is everybody talking about racism against African Americans and people of that type? (I dunno, I skimmed this whole thing b/c I had to get off the computer, but basically, I saw a lot of 'racism...black people versus white...dadadda..) I mean, yeah, some people down in the 'old South' are kind....racist, and I'm sure there are a lot of black people in the world being discriminated this very second, but they aren't even close to being the majority of it. The whole slave thing with African Americans was pushed out a long time ago - and most of the ignorant discriminaters with it. I mean, sure, there are a lot of black people being discriminated right now, but for me, when I think about discrimination, I tend to think of different cultures. Maybe you guys aren't aware of it, but mostly, I think, since 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and a lot of other things, Asians are the majority, the center of all the racism. I'm Asian myself, so I would know - living in America had been a struggle for me, not only for the days I'm being talked about for my ethnicity, but for the days I hear jokes about my ethnic group. Maybe you guys all have different opinions about who gets discriminated the most, or how unfair it is, but can I ask of you people to look at the bigger picture? How many people with dark skin have been attacked for 'being associated with 9/11'? How many Chinese jokes are there about people with eyes slightly pointing up? I'm not trying to preach here, but the truth is, I've seen a lot of ugly things in my life, and most of it is discrimination. Even in middle school, where I thought people would grow more mature about this kinda stuff, I heard jokes...And worst of all, my so called friends making those jokes. I'm sorry for writing such a long paragraph (I don't think anyone will read this, at all, actually), but I kinda just wanted to vent out all the anger and maybe inform you guys that the black vs. white thing isn't the only form of racism.
Sora
Fabulous Killjoy
Sora
July 2nd, 2006 at 03:41pm
I completely agree with you. I'm half spanish, half Iranian, and people are either calling me a beaner or wetback, or better yet, a raghead. Asians, Latinos, Persians, Arabs, etc. are all being discriminated against. Not just the blacks, but that is the main focus with some people. I don't mean to be rude, but that is just a small part of the problem.