AttentionReader
Fabulous Killjoy
AttentionReader
June 2nd, 2006 at 08:52am
Cut My Wrists:
i don`t understand why it`s okay for a black
person to call another black person,the N-word
but if a white person,etc calls them that,they
want to kill you. what`s the difference?

I agree 100% with that. If something is wrong, it is wrong for everyone. Not just specific types of people. But, I don't agree with racism at all. My step-grandfather was black, and he got alot of crap from people b/c he married my grandma who is white.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 2nd, 2006 at 09:17am
*FeelingYoungAndReckless*:
^I've heard about geneology, but I'm really not sure what it is.

It's just tracing your family's history - like...your grandparents, their parents, THEIR parents, so on and so forth, finding out where each generation was from and how they got here, things like that. Tracing your genes, in short.

You could look up your last name and find out its language of origin.

And you know, you did make me think. Racism is a terribly negative thing. And putting so much attention on race directly feeds that fire. But on the other hand, racism can make people look at their race and think, "No, I'm PROUD of who I am."

I still think it's just an evil and that race should never be an issue, but now I understand why some people would rather acknowledge race.
Beatleofdark
Killjoy
Beatleofdark
June 2nd, 2006 at 11:51am
In my opinion I think we all have to think twice before talking. i live in a neighboorhood where every one had something to say about me being brown. I think that people don't understand sometimes what it feels to walk down the street and feel people looking or saying things because your "different". I think that life has given us the gift of making us all different so we should all be thaknfull! I am glad to know that everyone who put a comment here didn't express bad attitude to this. I thank you's.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:11pm
I hate racism.
It's wrong.
It isn't like anyone chooses what color they are. (to a certain extent anyway.)
I also really hate when people say "white" or "black", because few peoples skin is really that color. (where I live anyway.)
SuperBecky2410
Salute You in Your Grave
SuperBecky2410
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:44pm
I live in a small town that's 50% white people, and 50% native american's. I'm against racism, but I hate it when the native's have a brand freakin' new truck with a licence place that says "white man bought me this". That pisses me off.
Sweet.Sorrow
Motor Baby
Sweet.Sorrow
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:15pm
I think racisim is stupid. I don't see why people make such a big deal about the color of anothers skin or their religion or sex or any other things that make people different. It really bothers me. I remember when someone that I knew said something about a tv show, they said: The black person should be picked because a black person hasn't been picked yet(something to that effect). It kind of made me made. Like, why should that matter what color their skin is? They should pick the person who is the best. But if everyone was the same race people would just find other ways of outcasting people. It's just what humans do. I think it's terrible.
kids
Salute You in Your Grave
kids
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:26pm
I don't mean to be racist, but I know sometimes I am =/.
But I'm really totally against it.

& I really get pissed when people talk about interracial marriages being wrong.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:29pm
How do you feel about inter-racial marriages. Will a child that is born in such a marriage have disadvantages in life?
kids
Salute You in Your Grave
kids
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:38pm
I know a couple of kids that go to my school whose parents are an inter-racial couple.
They're treated just like anyone else =/.
But in other schools, like maybe at Loy Norrix, or somewheres in New York, ya know? Heavy populated African American schools, I think maybe they'd be socially outcasted a little bit more. Same goes for maybe upscale mostly-caucasian schools.
kids
Salute You in Your Grave
kids
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:39pm
Well oops I forgot other races when I made that comment.

So I'm just going to pretty much say what I said before, that I don't really think they'd get treated differently, unless some certain circumstances.
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:43pm
Yara:
How do you feel about inter-racial marriages. Will a child that is born in such a marriage have disadvantages in life?

I say, if they want to get married, LET THEM.
And there shouldn't be a single insult thrown at them.
(I have no opinion on the child as of yet)
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
June 4th, 2006 at 09:35am
My best friend has inter-racial parents. Her dad is black and her mom is white. She doesn't get any shit from any race because around here, most people are mixed-race,, so if you siad something then half the community would be on your ass. I get a lot of racial abuse, being chinese, but it doesn't bother me, because i know they're just ignorant. a lot of people around here are scared of difference and change, and i guess me not being white scares them. racism should NEVER be tolerated by anyone.
brendon urie.
Full of Ephedrine
brendon urie.
June 4th, 2006 at 11:53am
Yara:

I think that the child shouldn't have any disadvantages in their life, just because their mother is black or white and vise versa for their father.
It's that way for me. My mother is white, and my father is black. Even if I don't know him, I can tell by my skin colour.
My friends question my race- they don't know if I'm white or black. I just mostly tell them that it's either none of their business, or it's nothing that they should worry about.

I hate that children are treated differently because of their parents, it's no excuse to treat someone differently than you would treat your own friends.
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
OMG it's Jennie :0
June 4th, 2006 at 12:42pm
There is a political party in the UK which sounds like the Nazi party to me. They are the BNP (British National Party) and they believe that the UK is for the pure English only, basicly. Theoretically, if they came into power I don't think my school would exist anymore seeing as it is a Catholic school and almost everyone is Irish. The BNP are against everything non British and non Church Of England I think. The sad thing is, they win some regional elections around the country. It's disgusting.
teh Paigerzzz!
Fabulous Killjoy
teh Paigerzzz!
June 4th, 2006 at 01:20pm
Nearly everyone in my town is racist against blacks/mexicans. I live in a town with a population of 700+, in Arkansas. I remember that we got 3 black kids at our school once, and they got so many death threats from other kids at our school that they moved. I think it's just dumb.

I am not racist though, and neither are my friends, so we win!
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 4th, 2006 at 07:29pm
Today I found out something a little disturbing. We had this african american family move in four months ago. They left one month ago. I figured their lease ended, but I was wrong. The neighborhood (excluding mine and some people that live deeper into the neighborhood's families) asked them to leave. And then another african american family in my neigborhood had a burning cross in their lawn. My neighborhood is so racists.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
June 4th, 2006 at 07:33pm
what is really creepy is when my dad and mom moved into the house we used to have in toronto a guy came up to them and hugged my dad and said, "thank god you're white."
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 4th, 2006 at 07:39pm
Racism makes me very sad.

No one should have to go through such ridiclue and persecution for something they can't change. No one.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 4th, 2006 at 07:44pm
I'm from Iraq, but nobody can really tell by the way I look. I don't have an accent, so that doesn't give it away either.

My mom however looks very foreign. Most people absolutely love her, because she's very motivated, confident and funny.

This one time when we went to the grocery store, her credit card didn't want to work at first, and the lady that was working there got really pissed off, and kept giving my mom a dirty look. Sadly I was only 15, and didn't know what to do about it. Had it happened now, I would've slapped that bitch.

My mom and dad moved to Sweden back in 1985 because my dad was a soldier in the Iraq/Iran war. They struggled to get to where they are now. They learned the language. They got their educations. They started at the bottom.

Now my dad is on the top 200 list of people that make the most money in the city they live in. Nobody helped him get there, he did it himself. My mom is the best interpreter in Sweden, everyone wants to hire her.

They still experience racism because of their names, the way they look and because they have tiny accents. It angers me so much. My mom and dad are amazing people.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 4th, 2006 at 10:34pm
They sound like amazing people, Yara. If I knew your parents, I'd respect them so much after reading that.

Is it possible for white people to be rasict to white people?

Some kids at my school give me shit, becasue some of my family come from Ireland.

They used to call me leprechaun and "Ginger". I don't even have red hair! I have blonde hair!