Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 27th, 2007 at 11:35pm
[quote="Skystiles."I agree. "Affirmative Action" or some similar program would be much less controversial and much more effective for everybody if it were based more on class and financial situation. Not necessarily race. [/quote]

EXACTLY. Giving AA to people of color is racist. Giving to it to the poor, REGARDLESS of sex or color..THAT'S right.

I am deeply against AA based on race. MY family suffered at the mercy of Hitler and came to America only to get pissed on. My dad spent his childhood in a home with dirt floors, and the only reason we have money today is because we earned it. My dad rose against oppression that he recieved, and so did my grandparents and mother. They never asked for anything because of their race (Gypsy..I guess that's a race, but wherever they went, they were concidered river rats)

These days, racism doesn't exist in America on such a grand scale. AA helped that, but it's about time that they keep the playing field as leveled as they made it years ago. I know people who have lost jobs to less qualified Mexican/black folk because the company needed to make a quota. Same with college. Why should a black C student get taken into Harverd over an A student white kid just because of their race? When it comes to jobs, schools, etc, everything should be earned.

I do feel however, that financial aid should be given to the poor. I feel very strongly about that. A smart person born into a poor econamic situation should be allowed to get into a school or get a job regardless of their status, because money keeps people down these days less then skin color. Much less.
thedevilsnightmare
Jazz Hands
thedevilsnightmare
September 7th, 2007 at 07:20pm
racism is such a disgusting thing. I cant even believe that it's still an issue. It's just skin color. And some of the people you see being racist are people who actually go to church and all of that stuff. Now, I dont believe in God but who do they think created black people? If it says in the bible that God created all of man kind, so they shouldnt judge people by the color of their skin. Now dont think Im saying all church going people are racist I'm just saying most of the ones I've met are.
Way1203
Fabulous Killjoy
Way1203
September 18th, 2007 at 02:20am
The way i see it is that it's not as blatant as it was several years ago. Now, there's only subtle racism instead of blatant.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 22nd, 2007 at 10:25am
Racism is one thing that can never be removed. But that doesn't mean that you should practice it. Everybody has equal rights, like africans and americans. Remember, we are all humans. Don't treat people from other aliens like they are aliens from another galaxy.

As much as possible, if you don't like them, try and stop making negative comments about them.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
September 23rd, 2007 at 02:42am
^ i totally agree with you and i will say this much, you dont have to be whit to be racist. i say this because at my school thats all i ever hear "whit ppl are so racist...that white bitch...white this.... white that... white! white! white!" its so stupid, skin color has nothing to do with it. scientists have proven that there is no genetic difference among the races, its only skin deep
Wil Francis
Joining The Black Parade
Wil Francis
September 24th, 2007 at 01:38am
^yeah i understand what your saying. In jr high i was called white bi@%
racism is totally unessicery if you don't like the color os skin keep it to yourself no body wants to hear the BS.
black,white,yellow,tan, etc dosent matter we all are people and beautiful in our own ways. skin shouldnt matter
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
September 24th, 2007 at 07:50pm
Yeah, racism sucks... but seriously we are all guilty of watching or listening to something that can be racist right? How many comediens I hear talking about the difference between white and black people. Or even most people will refer to just about any Asian person as Chinese. Not all people who speak Spanish are from Mexico. Not all Sicilians are in the mafia. Not all Irish people are drinkers.

This day in age we are all so mixed with different races (some that can be traced and some that cannot) that we really can't afford to be racist. I mean, in this age even with family records, do we really all know where our ancestors are from?
x_xbethx_x
Killjoy
x_xbethx_x
October 16th, 2007 at 02:58am
racism sucks. on oct. 20 at our county fair the kkk's are comming. all my friends said that they are going to go but i dont wont them to. because i dont wont them to get hurt. i think that it has somthing to do with the freedom of speech act/day or whatever it is.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 17th, 2007 at 10:50am
Some would argue even using the term 'race' is, well, racist. In fact, that terminology was coined by people who, by today's standards, would be considered racist. I remember reading about it in highschool...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:23pm
Just Tara:
Yeah, racism sucks... but seriously we are all guilty of watching or listening to something that can be racist right? How many comediens I hear talking about the difference between white and black people. Or even most people will refer to just about any Asian person as Chinese. Not all people who speak Spanish are from Mexico. Not all Sicilians are in the mafia. Not all Irish people are drinkers.

People seem to never think of that as racism though.

That type of racism doesn't bother me though.
Being half cast, I've always had Taliban jokes and such directed at me.

I managed to laugh them off.
I know other people won't be able to take it like that.

Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 07:17pm
again i think that racism is the most stupid thing in the whole entire world. like i have said before i am dating a mexican! i love him to death regardless of his skin color. he treats me like a princess and he is gorgeous. i love him! i think that anyone who is racist is pretty ridiculous! because whether or not we have the same color of skin we all are ppl. God created us all equally! and anyone that is racist really needs to take a good look at themselves and realize how stubborn they are!!
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 07:17pm
again i think that racism is the most stupid thing in the whole entire world. like i have said before i am dating a mexican! i love him to death regardless of his skin color. he treats me like a princess and he is gorgeous. i love him! i think that anyone who is racist is pretty ridiculous! because whether or not we have the same color of skin we all are ppl. God created us all equally! and anyone that is racist really needs to take a good look at themselves and realize how stubborn they are!!
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 19th, 2007 at 02:02am
^It's hard for people to "take a good look at themselves" in regards to racism, because a lot of racists don't actually see anything wrong with themselves. They see themselves as being normal people with normal lives. To them, racism is the norm. I'm not saying it's right, but that's how they see themselves.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:27pm
I_luv_Gerard_03:
God created us all equally! and anyone that is racist really needs to take a good look at themselves and realize how stubborn they are!!

When you say stubborn, are you saying they are stubborn for not accepting people of other races?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 19th, 2007 at 10:40pm
I_Love_Carlos_Fabian:

I have noticed you need to mention you date a Mexican in like..every thread youhave posted on...

Do please note...it's not just white people that are racist. Most of the racist kids in my area ARE Mexicans...
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 20th, 2007 at 04:22am
racism is awful, i'm completley against it. everyone is equal, we are all brothers and sisters and we should treat everyone with respect, no matter what anybody's skin color is.
Emmii_MCR
Killjoy
Emmii_MCR
October 20th, 2007 at 04:40am
Has anyone seen the movie 'to sir with love'? Pretty much a black man starts teaching at a white school with rejects from other schools, it's a lovely little film.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 20th, 2007 at 04:52am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

Do please note...it's not just white people that are racist. Most of the racist kids in my area ARE Mexicans...

That's true for me too, actually, even here in Australia. The most racist person I have ever met in my life was Mexican, and he didn't just hate white people. He hated Asians as well as Africans. I'm not saying all Mexicans are racist, but it's just an example of the fact that it's not just white people who are racist.

[oh and by the way I_Luv_Carlos_Fabian, I also have to agree with DIE! DIE! DIE! on the fact that you always mention your boyfriend. Okay, we get it. Get over it.]
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
October 22nd, 2007 at 03:51am
Racism sucks. What more can one say? But the problem now is that it's starting to come back. Whenever someone does something to some one and the other person happens to be the oppisite color, a lot of people automatically consider it racism. And the media doesnt help either, promoting every little thing that happens and calling it racism.

I dont understand why. We're all people. We all have the basic needs. Food Water and Shelter
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 23rd, 2007 at 02:37pm
You know what I hate about the media.

Say if there's a murder, and the murderer is a muslim, it WILL get mentioned.
But say they're a Christian, they probably won't mention it.

Why?!