its the same way a three year old wont touch his spinach

its not racism

its the fear of anything different

the fear of not knowing
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
May 8th, 2007 at 07:24pm
At my school its the popular kids who are racist against white kids not all of them but today something really struck me. A random kid in the hallway was saying theirs nothing wrong with being white and a girl in my class turned to him and said "Yes there is and for so many reason do you want me to list them?" But when you dont give them their way they freak out and say that your racist I find this very offencive (Im a crappy speller)
konton.
Always Born a Crime
konton.
May 10th, 2007 at 12:05am
I really hate it when my schoolmates tell me things like "Go back to Japan" and shit like that, and then they laugh about it and say it's just a joke.
That's just plain wrong.
Racism shouldn't be taken as a joke.
Perversion 99
Motor Baby
Perversion 99
May 10th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Racism is racism. Theres no changing it. You could speak out about it all you want but its still going to exist no matter what. Its human nature. I'm not saying im not racist, and im not saying i am. What im saying is, its really just ones opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
And mostly racism is usually toward one race. White/black/ brown/yellow/red power is the belief of supremecy over all other races.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 11th, 2007 at 07:11am
theres a really good book related to racism called noughts and crosses...a lotta people have probably heard of it i guess. its like an alternate world and noughts are the lower class and crosses are the higher class. its actually really closely related to real life. a real eye opener.
emotional_freak
Killjoy
emotional_freak
May 11th, 2007 at 10:40am
i have ginger hair and when people pick on me cause of it some of my friends call it racisum but its not just evil and stupid. what do u think?
Perversion 99
Motor Baby
Perversion 99
May 11th, 2007 at 01:51pm
emotional_freak:
i have ginger hair and when people pick on me cause of it some of my friends call it racisum but its not just evil and stupid. what do u think?

No its not racism. Its really just teens being moronic.
Racism is based off a persons skin color.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
May 11th, 2007 at 04:54pm
ActxOfxCannibalismx:
emotional_freak:

No its not racism. Its really just teens being moronic.
Racism is based off a persons skin color.

No, you're both wrong, it's based off a peron's race.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
May 11th, 2007 at 04:55pm
there is no excuse for racism.
ive had it alot and i just learnd to ignore it. they gt bored after a while.......
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
May 13th, 2007 at 11:01pm
Racism sucks. But my real problem with it at the moment is this..

1. Hollywood calls movies with mostly black people(like "Coach Carter", "Akeelah and the Bee", "Woman Thou Art Loosed" ect) "black entertainment. Good Lord! Did we really make much a difference after the civil war when 150 years later we're calling movies with black characters black entertainment?

2. It is praised and celebrated when a black person runs for president, vice president, ect. Does the possibility of having a black president make me want to vote for someone I totally disagree with? Not really. It doesn't matter what his skin color is! It should not be treated the same as say a mentally ill person being president. It just means his skin his dark.

3. People constantly stereotype blacks as gangsta, ghetto ect. Come on people! I mean, there are a good amount of uneducated blacks, but that doesn't mean every black in existence lives in a big city, sells drugs and lives a life of crime.

4. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that whenever I encounter a black person online, and we might get into a fight or something, and I say something I would say to ANYONE, they say "you're saying that because I'm black LOL !!111one". I don't even know if they're black or not and they say that.. =/

I remember once a long time ago when I was watching the news, and it was talking about an epidemic or something(I don't remember) and it had a display of how many people where treated, and the fricken' separated the amount of blacks treated and the amount of whites treated. WTF? That made me angry. Well, it does now, at the time I didn't get what they meant by white and black.

It sickens me that some people are still in the KKK...
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 13th, 2007 at 11:23pm
Hannah!:
Racism sucks. But my real problem with it at the moment is this..

1. Hollywood calls movies with mostly black people(like "Coach Carter", "Akeelah and the Bee", "Woman Thou Art Loosed" ect) "black entertainment. Good Lord! Did we really make much a difference after the civil war when 150 years later we're calling movies with black characters black entertainment?

2. It is praised and celebrated when a black person runs for president, vice president, ect. Does the possibility of having a black president make me want to vote for someone I totally disagree with? Not really. It doesn't matter what his skin color is! It should not be treated the same as say a mentally ill person being president. It just means his skin his dark....

This is the thing that irritates the bejeesus out of me. It's essentially racism, but being committed against whites - and nobody cares because if anybody said anything about it, they'd get called a monster for being so racist. I'm pretty sure I posted a similar thing earlier, but yeah - if we called a TV show or a movie 'white entertainment', OH MY GOD, there'd be an outrage. If whites had college scholarships just for caucasians, we'd be racists. If caucasians had 'white pride' marches, we'd be absolute monsters.
Why is it okay for black people to have all these things, and it's not racist, but if caucasians had the exact same things with the exact same intentions, we'd be racists?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 14th, 2007 at 03:18pm
It's not politically correct to have white pride, but it's okay to have pride in whatever specific country you're from (Irish pride, Italian pride, Polish pride), etc. But most black people don't know what part of Africa they're from, so they just say 'black pride'. It all means having pride in one's heritage. My heritage is Irish, so I wouldn't identify in that way with a German person. A person of Rwandan descent probably wouldn't identify with a person from Togo, but most black people don't have a choice in the matter. Really, there's no difference in saying 'Black Pride' and 'Greek Pride'; the Greek person just has the advantage to be more specific.

That's my take on it. Of course, it also has to do with the fact that white people are in the majority and probably have some degree of advantage over minorities - if not socio-economically, then by the simple fact that they don't have the same kind of generalizations attached to them that people are wont to make. Racism still exists, and until it doesn't, white people tend to come out on top.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 15th, 2007 at 12:00am
^ I can understand what you were trying to get across, but I kind of beg to differ. I know that my ancestry is Danish, but I don't know a goddamn thing about Denmark or Danish customs or anything to do with that area. I'm still proud of being white, though, so does that mean I can't have any pride in myself because I'm not an expert on Danish tradition and custom?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 15th, 2007 at 04:02pm
Well, you're assuming that the people who have pride in their heritage actually know anything about their heritage, which a lot of them don't.

But anyway; you're talking to the wrong person about this. I don't understand why people are so proud of their background. My family's Irish. That means they lived on scabby bits of land eating potatoes and getting screwed over by the British. I don't see how that's something to be proud of, something that makes me any more special than anyone else. I see my heritage as something that connects me to other Irish people, not something to raise my self-esteem.

What's there to be proud of for being white (or black, or Hispanic)? Being proud of yourself as you are and the way you look is self-respect and confidence, not white (or Danish) pride.
I_dont_love_you13
Killjoy
I_dont_love_you13
May 15th, 2007 at 04:22pm
I am completely against racism...but sadly it continues throughout the world. The truth is that there could be a million people that are against it...but there are 2 million that support it...
Xx.Bury.me.xX
Killjoy
Xx.Bury.me.xX
May 15th, 2007 at 04:27pm
Becky:
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Im not racist, im honest. Some things people say that end up racist are true. Like how some (not all) black people start up with thier ancestors being slaves and blah blah blah. Stop hiding behind slavery! If you want "equal rights", then you can help and stop using that as your excuse. Sorry if i offended anyone, but its not racist, it is true (in some people, not all).

yeah sometimes i think that way too, but alot of them use that excuse because thats what some parents teach them, they grow up with their parents, grandparents ext. talking about what happened to their ancestors
so automatically thats the exuse that they use.
but basically what i think about racism is that its just ridiculous, people should just stop being racist but i know thats its not going to happen. that there will always be a kkk and hatred towards races whether its for black people, white people or hispanic people (me being hispanic i know) but i guess ill always have hope for it.
Yeah, i meaan we are all equal!
even though some ppl have different color skin than urs or other ppl doesnt mean we cant do things with them... we are all equal Very Happy
I
poopiepeople
Fabulous Killjoy
poopiepeople
May 15th, 2007 at 04:40pm
Resurgam:
Well, you're assuming that the people who have pride in their heritage actually know anything about their heritage, which a lot of them don't.

But anyway; you're talking to the wrong person about this. I don't understand why people are so proud of their background. My family's Irish. That means they lived on scabby bits of land eating potatoes and getting screwed over by the British. I don't see how that's something to be proud of, something that makes me any more special than anyone else. I see my heritage as something that connects me to other Irish people, not something to raise my self-esteem.

What's there to be proud of for being white (or black, or Hispanic)? Being proud of yourself as you are and the way you look is self-respect and confidence, not white (or Danish) pride.

Spam: "My family's Irish. That means they lived on scabby bits of land eating potatoes and getting screwed over by the British."
That made me laugh pretty loud.

Back to topic...

It's okay to have national pride, but hating someone for having a different heritage, skin colour, etc is plain wrong.

To sum it up with the help of my great freind Shylock...

"I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction."
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
May 16th, 2007 at 10:07pm
It would be nice if people could be proud of themselves as individuals as well as their heritage without being so ethnocentric.
Today in class I just happened to blurt out to my friend that "Im glad Im white" and of course I got dirty looks for it. A girl, that hasn't liked me since she laid eyes on me started cussing me out and raving about me being a "stuck up white bitch" and blah blah blah. I laughed at her, not to antagonize her, but because I didn't know what else to do I was ashamed that something I said had been taken that way, but I was also pissed. But I didn't want to argue and make things worse
I see nothing wrong with what I said. Hell the girl I said it to is half black half asian, why would I just blurt out something rascist to the first person of color I saw. people just can't seem to get it through their heads that there's such a thing as being proud of who you are and your race without having to put another race down.

Now Im gonna get my ass kicked unless I kiss someone elses which Im not.
Casimir Pulaski Day
Shotgun Sinner
Casimir Pulaski Day
May 16th, 2007 at 10:25pm
Our prejudices are made. We can stop racism if we are brought up without hate like that. And, that will most likely never happen.
Elle_Vie
Killjoy
Elle_Vie
July 3rd, 2007 at 07:51pm
Yara; wtf...:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

Im new to the board so I dont know how many people have anwered to this already, but my take on this is, that black people, and I also feel that white or other races haven't gone through what Blacks have to have the freedom to say nigga. Its just like doing all the work on a project or something of that sort and others getting the benefits from it. That word came from something ugly and blacks feels like they have overcome that word so they have turned it into something good.

I also think that if you are not black then you shouldn't say nigga, because you dont really get the history or the feel of the word, it seems like other races mostly whites just wanna say the word because they think its cool or something. ITS A HUGE ISSUE AND IT GOES BACK ALOT OF YEARS.

I hope I explained my point clearly lol