Don't have an account? Create one!

Rape

AuthorMessage
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
July 4th, 2006 at 04:04am
That's not it. The reason why 23 year old can not sleep with a 16 year old, even if it is consentual because mentally speaking, a 16 year old is not mature enough to handle the aftermath of his/her actions, while a 23 year old is. And statatory rape is only tried if the parent of the younger party can prove the 23 year old slept with the 16 year old.

Molestation is the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children).
Resignation
Bleeding on the Floor
Resignation
July 4th, 2006 at 04:10am
I can understand someone having a problem with a 16 year old and a 23 year old, but what if they're only 17 and 19?

The elder shouldn't be charged with rape if the younger was willing and his/her parents decided they didn't like the boy/girlfriend. The youngest could have said no. However, if they did and the elder went on with it, then yes- it's wrong. (whoa runon sentence.)
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 4th, 2006 at 04:11am
Well, if a sixteen year old can handly having sex with an other sixteen year old, why can't she handle a 23 year old?

You know, that's not the smartest question in the world because everyone is different. Different people will handle things differently.
But I do think that sex is just so big with everyone in this day and age, and a sixteen year old has threesomes and this and that. So, I don't really understand whats the difference between 16yearold sleeping with 16yearold and 16yearold sleeping with 23yearold.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
July 4th, 2006 at 04:13am
You may not see a difference, but the goverment does.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 4th, 2006 at 04:18am
Obviously.
I also don't think that a 16yearold is going to tell her parents she's sleeping with a 23yearold. And I don't think she'll report him or anything, because she wants to sleep with him.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
July 4th, 2006 at 04:36am
Parents find out, thats why it gets reported. Some parents do allow it though, an ex friend of mine is dating a 24 year old and she is 16.

But that's off subject I think.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 4th, 2006 at 04:38am
x_Shiva_x:
Do you see the difference?
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
July 4th, 2006 at 05:09am
I've gone out with 20 year olds, so yes I guess I would see a difference. BUt I do understand where the goverment is coming from. Some 16 year olds should not be going out with 23 years, they lack the maturity and some 23 year olds are only out for a quick peice of ass and nothing more. You can't stop teenage on teenage sex, cause the goverment chooses to think that it doesn't exsist.
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
July 4th, 2006 at 05:34am
^^ you're right, but in USA you're not a minor when you get to the age of 21, correct me if I'm wrong, and in my country and many other european countries, you stop being a minor with 18 years. I'm 16 and i dated an 19-year-old. When we met, we didn't know each other's exact age, and he didn't ask because I look older than I really am. We didn't have sex, but if we did.....

I think the law should be more specific when it comes to this kind of issues.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
July 4th, 2006 at 04:57pm
You're a minor until you reach the age of 18 in America. You are legal to DRINK when you are 21.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
July 4th, 2006 at 07:57pm
x_Shiva_x:

Not in Australia,
In Australia, once you reach 16 you can have sex with whoever you want (as long as they are 16+)
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
July 4th, 2006 at 11:40pm
Behind My Crimson Eyes:
x_Shiva_x:

Not in Australia,
In Australia, once you reach 16 you can have sex with whoever you want (as long as they are 16+)

Actually, that's only in the states appart from N.T. and South Australia.
The legal age is 17+ for S.A. and N.T.
So, it's not illegal to have sex if you are sixteen, say, in Melbourne, but as soon as you do it in Adelaide [Neighbouring states] You can be fined and imprisoned, especially if one participant is older than 17, that is considered statutory rape.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
September 6th, 2006 at 10:01am
Rape destroys people.

People choose to ignore rape alot.
sonnie paranoia
Salute You in Your Grave
sonnie paranoia
September 7th, 2006 at 08:38pm
Anybody can get raped, even the elderly and it's true...and Yara's right most of the young age get raped by their family members or someone they know.

Rape is very hard to be prevented, men/women who have sexual urges should learn to control themselves. It is not about how a woman/man looks or how revealing they are. I don't exactly know what's going on inside a perpetrator's mind. Somehow, they just have these uncontrollable urges.

How can we prevent rape?
I don't know the answer for that. I think it's best to learn self defence and have the courage to report any kinds of sexual assault. If you report to the police or anyone, that could prevent any further damage that the perp has done to you or to anyone else.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
September 8th, 2006 at 10:50am
I think it's how vulnerable / weak the chick looks.
If the girl looks really tough and self defensive, the guy most likely isn't going to rape her.
Although, if she's weak he most likely will.
And also, if she is pretty, has a nice body, attractive.
Which I think is sickening...
Men that think like that....it's so sickening...
House of Dominique
Thinking Happy Thoughts
House of Dominique
September 9th, 2006 at 08:23pm
Three of my very close friends have been raped by members of their family. I really don't know HOW anyone could do that to a family member, and more importantly WHY would they do it at all?!

I just don't understand people.. I guess.
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
September 15th, 2006 at 04:49pm
I just think the people who do it are not right in the head. Its the worst kind of abuse. I and do think sometimes it is the person who got raped fault. But most of the time it is not. I really hate some one who would actually do that so some one. But most of the time no one really knows what happens Disgust
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
September 16th, 2006 at 08:12am
I agree, sometimes it is the victims fault but over all rape is still wrong...

Serial rapists should get their penis chopped off...
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 16th, 2006 at 08:18am
In my opinion a victim is NEVER AT FAULT. Its the most rediculous statement I have ever heard.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 16th, 2006 at 08:23am
Surrender to nothing;;:
Not many of you like the 'It's sometimes the womens fault' thing. but because you people are picturing Rape as one situation. Where an innocent victim get raped against there own will.

Okay... But let's say poeple at clubs. Some girl goes up to guy and is dressed a certain way. all of you have made it clear it's not the way they dress that is the cause of this. Which in many cases it just might be. But what about how they are talking to the guy? Or if they're touching or dancing with them a certain way? In other words, teasing. And then when the guy wants to the girl backs out and he gets mad and rapes her.

Now tell me, who's fault was it?

The guy who fell into the trap or the girl who teased?

So yes, some women do ask you for it. They push the guys buttons and then try and act like a victim when it backfires on them.

Now, as for people that have done nothing to deserve such a thing. That is just plain wrong.

But once again, this is my opinion on this subject. Blast me all you want for thinking this way.

Its simple, its the guys fault, he is the rapist! You can do what ever you want, if you clearly say "no" to sex then it is rape, clearly some people (the guy in this example) have control issues, I dont care how worked up someone has become, we all know right from wrong. I dont care if the girl got naked and ran around in front of him, if she did not consent to intercourse then he is in the wrong, it is rape and it is not her fault, and I think as a society we hold a disgusting bias against people who we think deserve crimes to be committed against them.