Don't have an account? Create one!

Blaming Music

AuthorMessage
je t'aime
Killjoy
je t'aime
December 9th, 2006 at 05:36pm
Really? How are you so sure? So you are going to sit there and tell me that I want to control my children and brainwash them?
I feel very sorry for you Honny. I really do. Do some research before you tell me things that I know more about than you do Honny. I have not been a parent for 7 years to have some 14 year old kid to tell me how I treat my own children.

people have differnt opinions but this is my one.some parents might not be like that but i dont really no coz i only have one mother
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 9th, 2006 at 05:44pm
I am also a single parent. But still, I do not controll my children, their friends, my family, my friends or anyone else honny.
You have to rephrase what you say at times. You might offend some people.
je t'aime
Killjoy
je t'aime
December 9th, 2006 at 05:46pm
i am sorry if i offended you i just wanted to say my opinion
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 9th, 2006 at 05:49pm
That's quite alright Honny. You are intitled to it. But just have to reprase sometimes. xx
xxTearsxOfxBloodxx
Jazz Hands
xxTearsxOfxBloodxx
December 10th, 2006 at 09:43am
My_only_fan_is_me:
I think what a child does has nothing to do with what music they listen to. If a parent wants to know who's to blame, they should look in a mirror. Music is music is music. It can change your view on the world, but it can't tie a rope, buy a bullet, or swallow a pill. A lot of times, a parent should pay attention to what their kid does. Signs are there. But, anyway, back on the subject. Music is not to blame. Not at all.

^^you try telling that to my parents, as far as they are concerned, its the music I listen to that gives me ideas on previous mistakes, for eg
cutting addiction has been blamed on cemetery drive by MCR coz of its line " singing songs that make you slit your wrists"
painkiller addiction been blamed on Marilyn Manson
Attempted suicide blamed on MCR's 2nd and 1st albums
but I made those mistakes, not the music, the music isnt to blame
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 10th, 2006 at 09:49am
Some parents do that Honny. I am from the end of the 70's and am a 80's child. I just happen to have 4 kids. I know how my parents used to blame mine and my sister's mistakes and bad habits on everything and anything. But it was them that let me smoke weed, it was them that let me drink booze, it was them that let me smoke cigerettes, it was them that let me go out all hours of the night. yet it was the music and TV that corrupted my mind. Give me a break.
lexie
Bleeding on the Floor
lexie
December 10th, 2006 at 09:59am
i dont think parents ALWAYS harm their children but I do think there ARE parents out there who didnt really want any - just the quick thrill they got when creating them and then they treat their kids like an inconveniece. I dont mean ALL parents - of course not but you have to admit there are parents out there who clearly dont look after their kids!
Anyway the point here is that MUSIC does not define how you react etc in life - it does when as a child you are already faced with issues but not if you are a happy well adjusted kid who understands the difference between right and wrong.Most parents are decent but when a child is goes through problems at home the music intensifies their already fragile state.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 10th, 2006 at 10:07am
I can agree with some of that yeah. But in the beginning it is their parents, caregivers who influences them.
Jo;Eating Donuts
Salute You in Your Grave
Jo;Eating Donuts
December 10th, 2006 at 12:15pm
Why blame music? I think parents have to look back on themselves. First of all, if a kid knows what's right and what's wrong, he/she wouldn't be affected by such musicians. If a kid has followed a famouse musician's steps, who committed suicide, it means that he/she didn't know that it was wrong to kill himself. It's the parents' job to lead the kid to the right way..
xXEmo_MCR_Vampire.x3
Really Not Okay
xXEmo_MCR_Vampire.x3
December 10th, 2006 at 12:36pm
it is a 10/10 percent chance it was the parents that raised the child that way. although, music like mcr has tought me to b different and sorta got me the way i am, but the whole thing is i finally found who i want to b. mcr saved my life not destroyed it. i dont care if my parents dislike my music or dislike me in general. my music is my music and im me. so if they cant take that, fuck them.
Jo;Eating Donuts
Salute You in Your Grave
Jo;Eating Donuts
December 10th, 2006 at 12:53pm
My_Cemetery_Drive:
it is a 10/10 percent chance it was the parets that raised the child that way. although, music like mcr has tought me to b different and sorta got me the way i am, but the whole thing is i finally found who i want to b. i dont care if my parents dislike my music or dislike me in general. my music is my music and im me. so if they cant take that, fuck them.

AGREE
As you said, actually some band taught me a lot and in case of MCR, they SAVED MY SOUL..
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 10th, 2006 at 01:11pm
To My_Cemetery_Drive
Why would you disrespect your parents on a community board?
Some parents look at the way the kid treats them too. Don't think it's justhe parents. I's the kids attitude too.
x-crimsonregret-x
Killjoy
x-crimsonregret-x
December 10th, 2006 at 04:46pm
I dont think you can blame parents or music for mistakes we make. If somebody decides to shoot someone thats their decision. Music and parents can influence us though but in the end we are who we are and we've only got ourselves to blame or thank for that.
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
December 11th, 2006 at 03:41am
ok all of a sudden im sad a not really depressed just never really in a good mood and everyone keeps telling me its because of my music.
Music has no affect on your actions.It does on the other hand ffect your mood,like i can be pissed and listen to LEATHERMOUTH or FFTL and get in a better mood or be down and listen to MCR then be cheerfuler.Just because i might hear a song about commiting suicide doesnt mean im going to.
My best friend freaked over the lyric
"would'nt it be grand to take a pistol by the hand and wouldn't it be great it we were dead?"
yeah she had a cow.Now she is convinced im going to shoot myself and everything.
No.im not.You control what you do,now the music,not your parents,not anyone but you.
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
December 11th, 2006 at 09:25am
I think if music is used in the wrong way, it can cause problems. I mean everyone listens to music everyday. If it is used the wrong way, you can blame that particular song.

I couldnt believe when I heard that MCR was being accused of making people cut themselves! I was like what? I think its the opposite. I think people blame music because its easier to blame that, than blaming yourself etc.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
December 11th, 2006 at 05:56pm
spuddy:
you hear of parents blaming music for their childs actions all the time.
eg marilyn manson was blamed for drugs

Anyone seen Bowling For Columbine? Manson was blamed for the shooting just because the shooter listened to Marilyn Manson.
Which I have to say has to be the biggest load of crap ever.
The USA has some ridiculous figure for gun related deaths in comparison the rest of the world (sorry, cant remember it & it's too early in the morning to here to go looking for it), yet we still all have the same music, the same violent movies & video games - it really just has nothing to do with it.

Personally, as I've seen mentioned a few times in this thread, I blame the parents.
I see it happening over here alot as well, where parents just don't care about their kids and let them do whatever they want.
As much as I hated it as a kid/teen, kids need discipline or they'll never learn.

[I may have gone off topic, sorry!]
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
December 11th, 2006 at 06:01pm
x-Hail Of Bullets-x:

Personally, as I've seen mentioned a few times in this thread, I blame the parents.

I say that too.

I mean, music doesn't put things in kids head if parents tell them what's right, and what's wrong.
I listen to alot of songs that have to do with murder, hate, and revenge (basically metal and some heavy rock) but I don't go around hating people, or wanting to kill the people I don't like.
I know I may be a little young to say this, but I think kids look too deep into the lyrics of a song, and take them litterately. If the parents just told the kids what is right and wrong music wouldn't be blamed.
bothersome-faces
Killjoy
bothersome-faces
December 11th, 2006 at 08:15pm
i think everything you do effects you in some way
including music
weather it inspires you or deppresses you
but i don't think people should be blaming any one thing for anything.
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
December 11th, 2006 at 10:54pm
Okay, In my opinion I would have to say its the child's choice to harm themselves. Whether or not they are thinking correctly at the time is a huge factor here. I have a friend who is on INO and in real life, she harmed herself, she was put in the hospital for reasons I am not to release. She is fine, but she wasn't thinking straight. Being depressed changes the way you think, sometimes you think of suicide or how the world really is screwed up. Then again in certain factors you may blame the parent, if the child is dealing with domestic abuse, verbal abuse, and/or physical abuse. Its not just abuse either maybe a kid lives in the perfect neighborhood and has the perfect life. You cannot just blame the music. I listen to music ith suicide references/drugs/and a depressing life. Personally when I am down and out this music helps me become happier.
Beast And The Harlot
Salute You in Your Grave
Beast And The Harlot
December 12th, 2006 at 07:51am
Sammie:
I think if music is used in the wrong way, it can cause problems. I mean everyone listens to music everyday. If it is used the wrong way, you can blame that particular song.

I couldnt believe when I heard that MCR was being accused of making people cut themselves! I was like what? I think its the opposite. I think people blame music because its easier to blame that, than blaming yourself etc.

I agree with you 100% If music is used in the wrong way then it can be blamed! But saying that, if someone decides to harm themselves its their own choice! They've made the decision to do that themselves.

And i too was shocked when i heard MCR was blamed for making people cut themselves. I mean wtf??? If someone cuts themselves, dont blame the music! Blame them, its their choice to do it, so their to blame!!!