Don't have an account? Create one!

Prostitution

AuthorMessage
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:11am
bloodredruby69:
Bring back the brothels, I say. Brothels can be affordable, reliable, clean and safe, and watching a brothel is easier than keeping track of a dozen prostitutes individually.

Legalize prostitution as it is?

No.

Legalize brothels?

Yes.

I am in agreeance with you there.
Brothels are probably a lot safer, the prostitute isn't in any danger, because there is someone keeping track of every person. I also don't understand why they get raided, but then when the police pass a single prostitute on the street, they let is pass.
Can anyone explain that to me?
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
October 2nd, 2006 at 03:01pm
it shouldn't be legal. there are plenty of jobs around here so that means that it isn't necessary to get into prostitution. the people who do it are only endangering themselves and others just to earn living. you can earn your living without having to go to drastic measures.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 2nd, 2006 at 06:09pm
^I wasn't thinking for the job, so much as the services offered. Also, if properly conducted, prostitution endangers no one, benifits society, and is a clean, acceptable service to purchase or job to have.

Everyone plays a role in society, prostitutes included. By legalizing brothals, there would be a standard of prostitution, the cases of illegal pimping and desperate prostitutes commiting crimes would be drastically reduced, and the people once considered the dregs of a corrupt civilization would be shown that they too have some worth, their life has value and meaning.

It's win-win all around.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 2nd, 2006 at 11:04pm
Avenge.My.Ghost:
it shouldn't be legal. there are plenty of jobs around here so that means that it isn't necessary to get into prostitution. the people who do it are only endangering themselves and others just to earn living. you can earn your living without having to go to drastic measures.

Not everyone has that luxury. Some places, there is massive unemployment. And what if all the available jobs where you live are highly skilled and you didn't even finish high school? It might not be your fault. Most people wouldn't be prostitutes by choice, they do it out of desperation.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
October 6th, 2006 at 01:10am
I'm not really against it, i mean if they are in brothels not on the street then chances are they are clean and take good precautions, as bad as it is my stepmum used to be a receptionist in a brothel and she said they have the strictest conditions to adhere to and security so the girls don't get hurt. There are plenty of guys around who can't seem to find girls so why not let them go and pay good money for a good experience? Sure it's not as personal and intimate as a relationship is, but if these women are willing to do it why not get paid for it and make someone else's day happier? As long as you are clean and safe, why not.

sure its not for everyone but unless someone is in a relationship who cares if they pay for intimacy? I wouldnt care if my friends told me they paid for it, if they were happy, then i'm happy.
Turn To Grey
Always Born a Crime
Turn To Grey
October 6th, 2006 at 01:18am
I am for legalizing it because A) I think even though it's wrong, America is a free country therefore women over the age of 21 should be allowed to abuse their bodies however they want as long as it doesn't harm anyone, and B) By legalizing it it makes it monitorable, so they can have tests to make sure they don't have STDs or anything of the sort, and don't spread it on, and can alert the person who gave it to them.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 6th, 2006 at 03:43am
Legalize, deffintiely.

That way that can get tested for diseases and if they get sexually assulted by somebody they can go to the police and not be affraid to because what they're doing is illegal.
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
October 30th, 2006 at 09:45pm
Against it.
All it is is people who want/need money and will risk getting an STD for it.
Get a job at McDonalds.
Soon it'll add up.
I think...
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 31st, 2006 at 06:16pm
Not everyone has what it takes to work ar McDonalds. There are certain things you need, plus a level of credibility and trust.

Prostitution is almost never at the top of someone's list of dream jobs.

But it happens. And I would rather it be safe, clean, regularly checked and monitered than free style.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 2nd, 2006 at 05:13pm
I agree. And there is nothing wrong with prostitution. If someone wants to be a prostitute (which isn't very often), then fine.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 2nd, 2006 at 05:45pm
As crude as this may sound, prostitutes provide a service.
A service for which they then should be paid for.

I agree to legalise brothels. Keep it off the streets.
scissorglamour
Killjoy
scissorglamour
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:14pm
i personally, could not give you a straight answer.
if a girl (OR GUY) wants to be a prostitute, its up to them,
but the really sad thing is,
WHY do they want to be a prostitute?

i know a few girls who were sexually abused and now are wasting themselves away.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 2nd, 2006 at 10:30pm
Like it has been stated before, very few people actually want to be whores. Circumstances and unfortunate happenings, the need for money to feed your own mouth or an addiction, whatever, but rarely is it a sought after profession.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 18th, 2006 at 09:02pm
I am for the legalization of brothels. The majority do not intend for this to be the job they desire, yet in reality some just simply have no other options.

This is hypothethically speaking. If I ever had children, I would rather have them tested and performing a legalized surface.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 19th, 2006 at 12:20am
x-Hail Of Bullets-x:
As crude as this may sound, prostitutes provide a service.
A service for which they then should be paid for.

I agree to legalise brothels. Keep it off the streets.

people who dont like hookers and dont want to pay for sex then dont have to and anybody who does can legally and safely do so
im pretty sure its lega in australia and i think it is in las vegas but is illegal in a lot of teh states but making it illegal forces it underground where it gets worse as ruby has pointed out it would be mor beneficial to have it out in the open so to speak so its not as connected to other crimes
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
November 19th, 2006 at 03:35am
dream brother:

people who dont like hookers and dont want to pay for sex then dont have to and anybody who does can legally and safely do so
im pretty sure its lega in australia and i think it is in las vegas but is illegal in a lot of teh states but making it illegal forces it underground where it gets worse as ruby has pointed out it would be mor beneficial to have it out in the open so to speak so its not as connected to other crimes

Prostitution is not legal in Australia.
It never has been, and it probably never will be.

Please use proper grammar and spelling.
anna's just a kid.
In The Murder Scene
anna's just a kid.
November 19th, 2006 at 01:21pm
I wouldn't neccesarily say that I'm for it being legal, but if it were legal, then I think some girls would be safer, because when they go to the cops/hospital for something such as Sexual Harrasment, then they wouldn't be afraid. And they might not be afraid to get tested more often.
Mrs.Sanchez
Killjoy
Mrs.Sanchez
December 6th, 2006 at 12:23am
well ummm let me see peole that prosutue dosent have a life they do that 4 money what do u think if ur best friend is a prosutte??????
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
December 6th, 2006 at 04:11am
Thats true. Someone said further up that "there are other jobs". Let me ask, what job brings in $700 + a day? Because that is how much some of their drug habits are. Brothels themselves should maybe be legalized. I agree with almost all of the points put forth about legalization.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 6th, 2006 at 10:15am
Some girls don't want to whore themselves off. but if you need the money then whatever. i can not tell people how to live their life. I think it's a free country. If guys want to pay for the service, then let it be. Hookers need to eat and pay bills too. So what if they have a drug problem?