Don't have an account? Create one!

Magic, Magick, Ghosts & the Supernatural

AuthorMessage
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
February 11th, 2007 at 08:35pm
hmm the best way would be to create a protective circle around you before you do anything - there are many books out there that tell you how to do this - and then you could call upon them to be present and see if they have any messages for you? Try googling and looking this topic up in books to see because there are many ways to contact them.

I wouldn't recommend ouija boards though as you won't get a clear response because tricksome spirits like to play with people through these.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
February 13th, 2007 at 08:56pm
I believe there still "lost souls" in the Earth.
But, I don't know!
Im not sure if people even have "souls".
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
February 14th, 2007 at 07:50pm
hmm bit contradictory there you believe in lost souls but then not sure if you believe in souls? what do you mean?

If we don't have souls how do we explain our personalities, how we are all different, what happens when we die?
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
February 14th, 2007 at 08:28pm
Reinforcing The Rules

1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until I come online and deal with it.

Now, reinforcing is being made since it has been brought to my attention that mounds of petty posts and useless ones at that are being made. This will be posted on every thread. Yara had this Discussion Board spam free and I would like it to be in that order again.
xxkatiexx
Killjoy
xxkatiexx
February 15th, 2007 at 09:45am
the difference between magic and magick is magic is bunny in a hat thing, magick is earth worship and stuff....sum1 asked...
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
February 15th, 2007 at 12:22pm
have you ever had anyone close to you die and then started to belive in ghosts and things ?
thats what happened to me after something happend to me started to belive i was going to see there ghost i started to it and after a while i realised it was me imaging i was seeing there ghost and i eventually gave up
so ghosts can be real if you really want them to be and if you dont want to belive there real then dont as for magic in my opinion its a load of old text in old latin that were once used but are no good now this world aint harry potter!!!!
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
February 15th, 2007 at 06:42pm
most magick is not in old latin, movies do that to make it seem more spectacular but most magick can be done with a few simple gestures and words in any language, as long as you have the faith to do it you can say what you want. no guarantees what will happen if you do that though! lol!
stuupid like a fox
Bleeding on the Floor
stuupid like a fox
February 17th, 2007 at 09:12am
i am sorry to say that i don't really believe in magic but i do believe in the super natural and stuff
i so believe in vampires and ghosts and ware wolves
i think if believe in stuff like that then nothing can scare you
i can be in the dark alone because i think that the is such things as ghosts
just like vampires; ghosts will never hurt you
they are just looking for some entertainment
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
February 18th, 2007 at 06:36pm
MistressRhi:
^really? how do they do it in a lab?

XxXAwAkenAnGeLXxX:
i 10000000000000000% dont belive in magic!!its a load of crap!and its all fake!!but ghosts and the supernatrual i do belive!!!for many reasons!!!i think illusionist are trying to scare you are just make you belive i hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a difference between illusions and magic/magick. the magic/magick that this topic is about is referring to spells etc.

Manipulation of magnetic fields i think. I couldn't find the article again, but if I do i will post it.

#--------- Some researchers suspect there might be a quantum connection. Unpredictable, often bizarre effects have been documented in the world of subatomic particles, ruled by the perplexing laws of quantum mechanics. Are our minds capable of directing subatomic particles and energies in a way that results in PK phenomena?
#------ One theory is that psychokinesis is the manipulation of a sort of human "magnetic field" around the body, which can be concentrated in a specific area. For this to work, they say, you must be able to relax completely and focus your attention without distraction

Two theories..
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
February 19th, 2007 at 12:45am
LVFD:
MistressRhi:
^really? how do they do it in a lab?

XxXAwAkenAnGeLXxX:
i 10000000000000000% dont belive in magic!!its a load of crap!and its all fake!!but ghosts and the supernatrual i do belive!!!for many reasons!!!i think illusionist are trying to scare you are just make you belive i hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a difference between illusions and magic/magick. the magic/magick that this topic is about is referring to spells etc.

Manipulation of magnetic fields i think. I couldn't find the article again, but if I do i will post it.

#--------- Some researchers suspect there might be a quantum connection. Unpredictable, often bizarre effects have been documented in the world of subatomic particles, ruled by the perplexing laws of quantum mechanics. Are our minds capable of directing subatomic particles and energies in a way that results in PK phenomena?
#------ One theory is that psychokinesis is the manipulation of a sort of human "magnetic field" around the body, which can be concentrated in a specific area. For this to work, they say, you must be able to relax completely and focus your attention without distraction

Two theories..

I agree with #2. It's been proven that there is an "aura" around everything living..... sort of like a magnetic field and that if you can harness your energy, magicks can exist.
Not Afraid Anymore
Killjoy
Not Afraid Anymore
February 20th, 2007 at 07:56pm
I believe in spirits, ghosts, and poltergueists [sp?]
To me:
spirits= just randomly here for no reason, or are here to protect us.
ghosts= here for a reason, perhaps something needs to be avenged
poltergueists= either dangerous michevous beings or really pissed off ill-willed beings.

My friend has an ill-willed spirit in her house. I can't be by myself in her house alone. It actually follows her around like at school and at others houses. but not at mine. I think it's because my Dad's spirit is protcting my house and me and my mom.

I know there is a different conversation going on, but someone had said something about ghosties, so i wanted to put in my two cents. =]
My-Chemical-Gumby
Killjoy
My-Chemical-Gumby
February 20th, 2007 at 09:15pm
Hey i'm a christian and i believe in Jesus and stuff like that, BUT, i also think we have a place we go to before we move on to Heaven and Hell. What do any of you think about that. is it right to believe in one religion and create some stuff of your own?
Miss Zacky Vengeance
Joining The Black Parade
Miss Zacky Vengeance
February 21st, 2007 at 05:36pm
my aunt is a wiccan
she took me to this awsome store in toronto or somewhere and they had all theese books on the aicent arts of witchcraft and ground stones (including diomond which impressed me)
abcdef...Gee!
Bleeding on the Floor
abcdef...Gee!
February 21st, 2007 at 07:46pm
i dont know wat 2 believe b/c i saw this thing on TV that claimed it was true and it was pretty convincing. but i still dunno b/c nothingg ever happened.
three_oh_three
Joining The Black Parade
three_oh_three
February 21st, 2007 at 08:35pm
yeah i saw something on oprah that had a woman talk to this dead lady
the medium didnt know how the lady died but by the end of the convo, she identified how she died and stuff. it was convincing and that woman is who the shows Medium is based off of
does anyone watch Supernatural? i love that show
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 22nd, 2007 at 12:54am
'tis all gobble-goo.
elixireleven
Killjoy
elixireleven
February 23rd, 2007 at 12:09am
Erm... On this whole "magic" versus "magick" thing...

The guy who supposedly brought Wicca into the mainstream about fifty years back (Gerald Gardner - hence the Gardnerian tradition in Wicca - it's named after him) added the "k" to differentiate "magick" (the manipulation of energy) from sleight of hand and parlour tricks.

The basic premise is that everything posesses some sort of energy, you can call it life force, or field, or akasha, or whatever equivalent you can think of - but the basic idea is that through will, it can be manipulated and sent out into the universe to enact change in the self and one's surroundings.

(How textbook is that?)

Literally, though, it's just the spelling. I still refer to the art of change as "magic" without the k. (Mostly because I've disassociated myself with Wicca the religion, and focused on the practice as it appears in different geographic areas. New Orleans' hoodoo in particular. I think it's fascinating.)

On another note, saying it's "gobbledegoo" suggests that you think the "Big Three" are "gobbledegoo" too. Most of magical/magickall practice draws from the same vein of ritual practice as Christian or Jewish ritual tradition. The emphasis is on just that - the ritual - and transubstantiation? Turning the host into the "body of Christ" or wine into "His blood"?

Same idea. Different format. Different faith.

Still "changing things."

(All said very respectfully, of course. No intention of being inflammatory here.)
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
February 24th, 2007 at 12:03am
I don't think most psychics are really true to form.
How can we know though?
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
February 26th, 2007 at 11:52am
I didn't believe in ghosts / hauntings until my family moved into a house that was haunted. It was a frightening experience and we eventually moved out. We saw and heard so much that was outside the scope of "normalilty" that I don't expect other people to believe it. It's something you cannot truly understand until you've had a personal experience.

After talking with paranormal experts and a minister, we came to understand more about ghosts and spirits. We learned that "residual ghosts" aren't real ghosts. They're just leftover images that play back over and over again like a videotape. Experts call them the result of discharged personal energy of a person, imprinted on the surrounding environment, most commonly at or just after death. It's scientific in nature, not paranormal.

The other type is the "intelligent haunting" where the ghost is a real ghost of a departed soul that is trapped in our world. They can interact with you, lift small things, make noise.
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
March 18th, 2007 at 11:42am
First, yes. I believe in ghosts.
Second, does anyone else have questions about the Magic vs Magick thing? I'd be happy to answer.
TheSleepless:
I don't think most psychics are really true to form.
How can we know though?

I wish I could answer your question...I don't know how we can know. But is your question about Magick or ghosts?

*Sakura-chan*