Don't have an account? Create one!

September 11th.

AuthorMessage
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
September 4th, 2007 at 04:18am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
9/11 was an extremely hard thing for me to watch. I live in Brooklyn, New York which is right next to NYC.
my dad works in NYC,my uncle does too,and so does my best friend.
out of these three people i've lost two my uncle and best friend because my uncle worked in the towers, and my friend at the moment was visiting nyc and decided to go in the towers.
When i heard they died in the towers i cried everyday.
also because the day the towers collapes i was showing my friends family around the state and we were at the port in brooklyn that overlooks the city. So the towers fell in front of my eyes.and my friends parents were video taping it.

The governent should have always been perpared whats there excuse of the attack is what i wanna know. Why the citys denfense was never strong.How come this attack wasnt stopped.

Even after 9/11 is to this day everything has changed not only because of the lost lives but because of the laws.so many rights are and were threatened.

What Rights Are Being Threatened?
*First Amendment- Freedom of religion, speech, assembly, and the press
*Fourth Amendment- Freedome from unreasonable searches and seizures.
*Fifth Amendment- No person to be deprived of life, liberty, or property with out due process of law.
*Sixth Amendment- Right to speedy public trial by an impartial jury, right to be informed of facts of the accusation, right to confront witness and have assistance of counsel.
*Eighth Amendment- No excessive bail or cruel and unusual punishment shall be imposed
*Fourteenth Amendment- All persons (citizens and non citiznes) within the US are entitled to due process and equal protection of laws.

Not only are these rights been threatened but more has happened due to the USA Patriot act that was passed after 9/11 to "protect" America if another attack like this happens (god forbid)

The governent should have always been perpared whats there excuse of the attack is what i wanna know. Why the citys denfense was never strong.How come this attack wasnt stopped.

vs.

USA Patriot act that was passed after 9/11 to "protect" America if another attack like this happens (god forbid)
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
September 4th, 2007 at 10:25am
As much as I dislike Bush and would love to be able to push another thing on him, I can't.
This is in no way his fault.
I don't think there was anything we could have done.
We cannot go back in time, so I don't think that saying "this could have been done" isn't a good idea.

Both good and bad things have arisen from this.
We now know that if we don't keep our security up, then another tragedy like this could occur.

I don't really know if this is America's fault.
I think that if we tried to connect and improve other countries (WITHOUT WAR!!!) then maybe we'd be on better terms with a lot of ethnic groups from different countries.
But I think China's economy is just as good as ours, and they aren't getting attacked by terrorists, so that's not really what we can blame it on.

I think the only things we should be thinking about concerning this topic should be about the future.
it's the only productive thing.
iCaNtasteTHE:winter:
Killjoy
September 5th, 2007 at 02:55am
i dont believe its bush's fault. i really think it was uneviodable.
but im not to sure on this subject.
now im trying to critisize anyone or be rude in aNYWAY.
but i keep hearin gppl say that we should stay home from school and work or w/e on 9/11.
well sure it highly effected our country, so did pearl harbor.?
yes it did kill many people. we suffered greatly because of it. but there are so many other days and events that maybe worse or similar things happened. but i dont hear anything about those events??

just thought id input ^.^
xSamsKa
Killjoy
xSamsKa
September 5th, 2007 at 04:21am
What about 11M (Spain) & 7J (UK)?
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 5th, 2007 at 04:46am
no way in hell can i say that it is bush's fault... but the whole entire US government should have been prepared for ANY set attack like this. it just goes to show that they like to take everything lightly... which was not the case on 9/11.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 5th, 2007 at 07:09am
iCaNtasteTHE:winter::
now im trying to critisize anyone or be rude in aNYWAY.
but i keep hearin gppl say that we should stay home from school and work or w/e on 9/11.
well sure it highly effected our country, so did pearl harbor.?
yes it did kill many people. we suffered greatly because of it. but there are so many other days and events that maybe worse or similar things happened. but i dont hear anything about those events??

just thought id input ^.^

Well, it is pretty much the defining event of this generation. Other generations had Pearl Harbor and Kennedy being assassinated. Eventually 9/11, like those days, will fade in the public memory, but at the moment, it's the unifying tragedy of the times. I don't really agree with not going to school or work on 9/11 - it's far more likely kids will actually be doing anything resembling commemorating the dead if they're in school than if they spend one Tuesday at home doing nothing. But the sentiment behind it is understandable.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
September 6th, 2007 at 12:21pm

How can you blame the military or George Bush for this?
What could they have possibly done to stop a passenger plane that was already in the air from being hijacked?
Once it was hijacked, how could they possibly stop it from being run into the world trade centre?
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
September 6th, 2007 at 12:31pm
xSamsKa:
What about 11M (Spain) & 7J (UK)?

Exactly. 7/7 & the Madrid one (Don't know the abbreviation of that one) were just as important as 9/11. There's no movies on those, & I doubt Americans show documentaries over there on 7/7. Frankly, we should move on. 2 minutes of silence is fine, but should the whole world stop for something that happened some time ago? No.
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
September 9th, 2007 at 11:00pm
I don't think 9/11 should have happened, but I don't think we should "get back" at whatever country for bombing us by bombing them, if that makes any sense. Like, an eye for an eye? If this country bombs another country, then the other country bombs this country to get revenge, it would never ever stop. Or, it would, once everyone was dead.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 10th, 2007 at 04:28am
savethetrees:
I don't think 9/11 should have happened, but I don't think we should "get back" at whatever country for bombing us by bombing them, if that makes any sense. Like, an eye for an eye? If this country bombs another country, then the other country bombs this country to get revenge, it would never ever stop. Or, it would, once everyone was dead.

and that is the whole idea of war now, isn't it?
and the whole war is not just about terrorism, it is about oil and getting the iraquis to learn how to live with their own government. personally, i think we should have just bombed their whole country, because een to this day, four or five years after this war started, they cannot come to an agreement on a government. and now we have bin laden and his new video out attacking americans and telling us that we should convert to his religion, and he's attacking american captialism.

i think these are all signs that the US needs to start withdrawing troops; britian did. i think we should start as well.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
September 11th, 2007 at 01:20pm
Do you think America is responsible in some way (like Maggie Gyllenhaal said)?
No. America is known to be a powerful country in it's own right, look how far it's gone and it's still only a young country compared to that of the UK, or any other country in the EU.

Do you have any theories?
Like the military knew and didn't do anything about it? I don't believe that for a second. What's done is done, it's a tragic event that will haunt us until we die, along with the other more natural tragic events too.

Was it our President's fault?
Since I'm not an American I really can't comment, but it wasn't Bush's fault.

What can be done to prevent this from happening again?
Sadly, aside from the tight restrictions on the airports and all the security measures not much. In the end if someone is determined to hiighjack a plane they will manage it. But not it's after 9/11 we are finding out how much disaster is being averted.

9/11 isn't going to go away, I know we can say what about the Madrid bombings or the London bombings, which were all tragic in there own right; however 9/11 was when those two structures that were thought to be able to withstand the force of a terrorist strike both came crumbling down to the ground. It wasn't just the loss of American life, there were other people of other nationalities there too.
The day 9/11 happened was probably the day when we all realised that America wasn't invinsible, it had flaws like the rest of us; and it had suffered a harsh blow. Everyone rallied around US though and was supporting it and put down the extreme act of terrorism that had been done.

The going to war is nothing to do with it, but that's another topic on it's own.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 12th, 2007 at 12:34am

Yes i do believe its americas fault because america should have always been prepared for any situation that involves terrorists. There is no excuse because after the 1st plane crashed americas military had a 1/2 hour to stop the other plane from crashing thus making both the towers fall (if you look at the footage the second plane made a bigger impact then the first plane).
Also the Hijackers put in fake passports and carried 4 inch blades in there bags. How come the airport security was so neive that they didnt un zipper there bags and search for these items.How come the airport officals didnt recognize the fake passports?

It wasnt the presidents fault in whole but the governments fault too. If Bush was alerted that the North tower was hit why didnt he get up and do something about the south tower like i said he had a 1/2 hour to stop the second crash.
The Governments fault because they didnt put enough money into its defense. What i mean by "enough money" is they didnt put the greater amount of money to secure this nation from all attacks.

Honestly what wasnt done before. otherwise
*More security
*Better airport searches
*An upgrade in airport security and plane pilots.
*More Defense
*Better government
*More warnings
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 12th, 2007 at 01:44am
in some way or another,america was to blame in my eyes. we should have been better prepared for any set attack like this one, terrorist or not (even if this was caused by terrorists)

Do you have any theories?
i believe that somehow the military was involved in the attacks, and somewhow the united states government knew more about it then what we are led to believe with it. that is how i feel.

not entirely, since he isn't the only one that makes up the US government, no?

keyword: security issues need to be better paid attention to.
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
September 12th, 2007 at 02:08am
screenager.:
savethetrees:

and that is the whole idea of war now, isn't it?
and the whole war is not just about terrorism, it is about oil and getting the iraquis to learn how to live with their own government. personally, i think we should have just bombed their whole country, because een to this day, four or five years after this war started, they cannot come to an agreement on a government. and now we have bin laden and his new video out attacking americans and telling us that we should convert to his religion, and he's attacking american captialism.

i think these are all signs that the US needs to start withdrawing troops; britian did. i think we should start as well.

I agree with you in the sense we should withdraw troops, but I think that if that as long as they aren't attacking us, what do we care if they kill each other? I know that sounds really awful...
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 12th, 2007 at 03:20am
savethetrees:

I agree with you in the sense we should withdraw troops, but I think that if that as long as they aren't attacking us, what do we care if they kill each other? I know that sounds really awful...

to me then that is almost like saying you don't care about the troops and whatnot. i know that is how you don't come across, but that is how it seems to me.
our troops did what we had to do, and now it is time for their government to work on their own. they aren't babies.
Bert McCookies
Fabulous Killjoy
Bert McCookies
September 13th, 2007 at 03:04am
I cannot beleive it was 6 years ago. It does not seems like 6 years ago.
I was in third grade so I was 7 when it happened. But I still remember it clearly. I guess there are somethings you can't forget.

I don't blame it on Bush. As much as I would want to, I can't because it had nothing to do with him.
Yes, we should have been more prepared, but who could have imagined this happening before it did? How could we have been prepared for something like that? I guess it doesn't matter now. I think we are prepared now. At least I hope we are. With all the new plane rules and everything. Or maybe that's just me being naive.
As for theories, I think the government did know maybe a little something, but didn't take it serious enough to look into, or something like that. But I don't think it was a big conspirecy.
No offence but the people like that creep me out in extreme amounts.
I once had someone tell me,seriously, that they thought Bush planned it himself to scare people into war. Now that is wrong. I don't like him, but come on. Really, how could you accuse someone of that? No
Killjoy
September 13th, 2007 at 03:41am
a nation wide tragedy.
none of those people deserved to die. >.<
<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xDh_pvv1tUM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xDh_pvv1tUM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>
Killjoy
September 13th, 2007 at 03:42am
oh wel heres link instead Very Happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDh_pvv1tUM
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
September 13th, 2007 at 02:25pm
I agree to the people who said there's nothing the military or Bush could have done. It wasn't something that had a warning for the attack or a blackmail or something. Just as shocked as we were, they (the government) were too. Everything happened very fast and totally unexpected.

Also, nobody deserved to die, the world, once again, has been unfair to itself.

But this serves as a warning to, not only the government, but also to us and our future actions.
I won't blame the government, nor anyone, for this tragedy, because this is the past, there's no point of putting blames on people... but definitely we have the right to oppose the government if they don't do any action about it, if they don't raise the assurance of safety of America, and if they don't correct the things that have caused this tragedy.

What happened were caused by our own hands, but what will happen is what we still have on our hands now, to the future is where we should focus our eyes on, and where we should pour out our concern.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 13th, 2007 at 09:00pm
specks of crimson:
I agree to the people who said there's nothing the military or Bush could have done. It wasn't something that had a warning for the attack or a blackmail or something. Just as shocked as we were, they (the government) were too. Everything happened very fast and totally unexpected.

actually not all of the attack was unexpected i first plane that hit was seen by the military,and air force but they couldnt do anything at that point.
but the second plane was a half hour away from hitting the second tower the air force picked up the signal and yes they said it was a half hour until that plane would hit the second tower. They could have done something in that half hour but they didnt.
so my question is with all that time why didnt america do anything about the second plane (which caused a harder impact)?