Don't have an account? Create one!

September 11th.

AuthorMessage
Slacker
Killjoy
Slacker
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:19pm
I think anybody that thinks the US Government had even the tinniest part in 9/11 should go have their minds checked - sersiously. Its just rediculous.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
December 22nd, 2006 at 08:07pm
Jordyng:
We had it coming.
With us electing a president that had connections with the Bin Ladens.
Bad move on our part.

The Bin Ladens are actually a very established family in Afganastan. A couple of Osama's cousins live in the states and are ctizens who had no part in his affairs. The Bin Ladens really aren't the terroist: it's the TALIBAN. There's a difference.
Jordyn
Fabulous Killjoy
Jordyn
December 22nd, 2006 at 09:24pm
Erry Ishmas:
Jordyng:
We had it coming.
Bad move on our part.

The Bin Ladens are actually a very established family in Afganastan. A couple of Osama's cousins live in the states and are ctizens who had no part in his affairs. The Bin Ladens really aren't the terroist: it's the TALIBAN. There's a difference.
Good point.
But I do still believe we had it coming.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
December 22nd, 2006 at 09:27pm
PunkerThanThou:
XD
Just so everyone knows, this is basically the definition of spamming.
Me-ninja
Joining The Black Parade
Me-ninja
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:35am
bad.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 1st, 2007 at 09:41pm
9/11 was tragic.
and i will never forget it.
it was a big turning poin in the future of this country.
im not saying its all bush's fault.
i mean you can't just slam all the blame on him.
but his performance could have been a little more professional i would say.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 1st, 2007 at 10:40pm
Human Wreckage xx:
9/11 was tragic.

I can slam most of the blame on him.
He didn't prevent it.
He was elected to serve the people and he failed.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:58pm
druscilla_way:
Human Wreckage xx:
9/11 was tragic.

He didn't prevent it.

He was in for an entire what?
8 months before 9-11. Now, he isn't exactly my favorite person.... but there is not much he could have done. WTC was attacked before Bush also, so its not like it was the first time.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:08pm
mindfreak:
and even know years later bush wont accept the fact that while the troops are over in Iraq that Asama Bin Laden isnt going to come out of wherever hes hiding. i think Bush is the biggest hypocrit in the world because he was all sad when the thousands of innocent people died over here so thats supposedly why he started the war, but did it ever occur to him that his troops have killed and tortured thousands of innocent people over there?

Oh yes. We tortured them. A dog barked at them while they were blind folded nude.

Meanwhile, those same people are out hacking reporters heads off, blowing up their own people with car bombs filled with home-made shrapnel (sp?), and dragging burning coalition (not just American) soldiers' bodies through the streets... But at least they didn't make them take their clothes off.... Rolling Eyes

Nobody is torturing thousands of innocent people.... neither the terrorists or soldiers... Also.. THEY kill more of their own people then we do with their car and suicide bombers

Also, everybody seems to hate America until they have some sort of disaster...
Then they want our help... When is the last time you saw a British, French, Polish, Canadian, whatever country you want... convoy in America giving aid after some sort of disaster? Never. Why should we help other countries when they are so ungrateful (Not talking about Iraq or Afghanistan).

Darfur (sp?) is a great example... You'll see a commercial saying America should worry about itself, followed by "President Bush: Stop The Genocide!"
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:33pm
LVFD:
Oh yes. We tortured them. A dog barked at them while they were blind folded nude.

Meanwhile, those same people are out hacking reporters heads off, blowing up their own people with car bombs filled with home-made shrapnel (sp?), and dragging burning coalition (not just American) soldiers' bodies through the streets... But at least they didn't make them take their clothes off.... Rolling Eyes

Nobody is torturing thousands of innocent people.... neither the terrorists or soldiers... Also.. THEY kill more of their own people then we do with their car and suicide bombers

Then they want our help... When is the last time you saw a British, French, Polish, Canadian, whatever country you want... convoy in America giving aid after some sort of disaster? Never. Why should we help other countries when they are so ungrateful (Not talking about Iraq or Afghanistan).

Darfur (sp?) is a great example... You'll see a commercial saying America should worry about itself, followed by "President Bush: Stop The Genocide!"

Uhm. Okay. First of all, the Abu Ghraib scandal wasn't just about "a dog barking at them while they were blind folded and nude" (and also, to point out, I think in Islamic culture especially there's more of a stigma about men being nude in front of each other). It also included quite a bit of sexual abuse (with, to be polite about it, sodomizing), urinating on detainees, dragging them around naked, pouring acid on detainees, and beating wounded detainees so they wouldn't heal properly. Oh, and it's estimated that 90% of the people there were actually innocent. So these weren't "the same people out hacking reporters' heads off". And even if they were, we, as Americans, are supposed to know better than to sink to that level. Liberty and justice for all, anyone?

Not all of the claims have been validated, but there was torturing at Abu Ghraib. We messed up big time. There's no denying that.

About the second part; do you mean why doesn't say, Britain, give us aid after we have a disaster? Because we are the most powerful country in the world, we sort of should have the resources to deal with whatever mother nature throws at us. Besides, altruism is nice.

But anyway, moving on to things more relevant to this thread, I have to agree with you about September 11th. It wasn't entirely Bush's fault, and it probably would've happened if Gore was in office. However, Bush did push through the Patriot Act afterwards, and he sort of did use public feelings about 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq, both of which were pretty bad ideas.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:38pm
Resurgam:
LVFD:

Uhm. Okay. First of all, the Abu Ghraib scandal wasn't just about "a dog barking at them while they were blind folded and nude" (and also, to point out, I think in Islamic culture especially there's more of a stigma about men being nude in front of each other). It also included quite a bit of sexual abuse (with, to be polite about it, sodomizing), urinating on detainees, dragging them around naked, pouring acid on detainees, and beating wounded detainees so they wouldn't heal properly. Oh, and it's estimated that 90% of the people there were actually innocent. So these weren't "the same people out hacking reporters' heads off". And even if they were, we, as Americans, are supposed to know better than to sink to that level. Liberty and justice for all, anyone?

Not all of the claims have been validated, but there was torturing at Abu Ghraib. We messed up big time. There's no denying that.

About the second part; do you mean why doesn't say, Britain, give us aid after we have a disaster? Because we are the most powerful country in the world, we sort of should have the resources to deal with whatever mother nature throws at us. Besides, altruism is nice.

But anyway, moving on to things more relevant to this thread, I have to agree with you about September 11th. It wasn't entirely Bush's fault, and it probably would've happened if Gore was in office. However, Bush did push through the Patriot Act afterwards, and he sort of did use public feelings about 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq, both of which were pretty bad ideas.

A lot of that is true...
And also, ALL politicians use firefighters, police, 9-11, etc. for political gain... Sadly people buy it.

I wonder what Gore (The same person who came on MTV to say he was bringing sexy back) would have done during 9-11..
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 3rd, 2007 at 12:01am
LVFD:
druscilla_way:
Human Wreckage xx:
9/11 was tragic.

He didn't prevent it.

He was in for an entire what?
8 months before 9-11. Now, he isn't exactly my favorite person.... but there is not much he could have done. WTC was attacked before Bush also, so its not like it was the first time.
When your president spends most of his time on vacation and ignores important threats about 9/11, yes, you can blame him.
He watched the first plane hit.
He knew.
RAVE on my grave
Bleeding on the Floor
RAVE on my grave
March 3rd, 2007 at 04:44am
Jordyng:
We had it coming.
Bad move on our part.

Maybe you should read the book "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore if you think Bush was the President of choice for US citizens. Thief in chief, anyone?
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:08am
Drucilla: If my memory serves me correctly, he was reading a book to kids in an elementary school when the first plan hit O.o;;;
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
March 3rd, 2007 at 07:05am
I'm not sure if anyone has already said this,

My brother has this theory that it was all something to do with the oil in Russia or somewhere.
Can anybody explain this, or is it just my brother playing up?
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
March 3rd, 2007 at 07:06am
Fer Suuure Jenni:
Drucilla: If my memory serves me correctly, he was reading a book to kids in an elementary school when the first plan hit O.o;;;

^^That is true
nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
March 3rd, 2007 at 07:30am
I wanna ask this question. Would Islamic fundamentalists do this sort of terrorist
attack in the US without provocation?

No. America has for years and years and years, long before president George W Bush,
been attacking the world. Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia. The list is long.
When you pretend to be a world cop, killing for oil and personal gain, you'll get hit.

But don't get me wrong, there are no excuses whatsoever for that attack. At all.
But over 600 000 people have died in Iraq alone since Americas war "against terrorism",
I don't see anyone getting all "omg" over that. . .
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
March 3rd, 2007 at 07:50am
I love foriegn media.
I am not saying America is land of the pure and innocent. Heavens no. I will even go as far to say we are morons. And I am not justifying our actions. But we don't "attack" the world as you say. Presidents with their own ideals start meaningless wars for money. And we weren't the first, the only, or the last country to elect of have leaders who do this. Russia, Britian, France, Germany, Japan, China, Greece, Spain. Need I say more?
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
March 3rd, 2007 at 12:14pm
It's awful.
It's 100% the terrorist's fault.
If we had a candle for every single person who died in war and terrorism in the hstory of the world, we wouldn't need electric lights.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:37pm
Aliss Is Dead.:
Fer Suuure Jenni:

^^That is true

He stated twice that he saw the first plane hit.
The media never saw any but the second plane hit.
Bush saw the first.
They knew it was coming.