Don't have an account? Create one!

September 11th.

AuthorMessage
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
August 28th, 2006 at 05:23am
1. Being American does not mean that you know everything about America. I'll agree that Americans have more freedom than most people in the Middle East, however its wrong to say that America is the "Land of the Free" when it isn't. Bush effectively ruined the Dixie Chicks' career when they opposed him a few years ago. They're back now, but then it looked like it was over for them.

2. I am sorry if it came across as my meaning that the American people. I didn't. But I do think its naive to think the US can pull out now. What are they going to do? Leave Iraq to flounder? And yes they could have helped Africa. Africa was asking for help and didn't require military assistance - it would have been far easier and more effective.

Point taken, about being after 9/11. But at the same time, whats in the past is in the past. And how we continue affects the future.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
August 28th, 2006 at 11:48am
1. How did how did he ruin their career. If memory serves me correctly it was the media and some ignorant close minded people that tried to ruin their career.

2. If Iraq doesn't want us there, why should we stay there? The people have no faith in us anymore, and frankly the Americas are getting pretty annoyed with Bush ourselves. But we aren't pulling out, don't you worry about that.

This is a debate about 9/11 and the events LEADING up to it. Not about what happened after- theres another debate about that.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
October 30th, 2006 at 04:56pm
Jenni has a life:
1. I am an American, and I have yet to hear of Bush persecuting people because of that. I am not saying he didn't, but I strongly doubt it. Also, this was planning WAY before Bush was president, so this wasn't about him. And we DEFINATLY give more freedoms than the people in the middle east, who treat their women like property.

2. And you keep saying the US, too bad the US is only following what their president is saying. We don't even know why was are in Iraq except that it has oil, and that's all Bush wants. Do you even think we WANT this war? No, we don't. Even the republicans who have followed Bush want to pull out. And you know, us going into Africa wouldn't do anything- we would just be that "nation who keeps sticking their faces in other peoples business."

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. Bush AND the government are perscuting people. Homosexuals. Think about it, if you look at the steps to Genocide according to Genocide Watch's president, Gregory Stanton, Bush's AND the government's stance towards homosexuals were is at stop six of eight, right above extermination and denial. (Link- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide#Stages_of_genocide_and_efforts_to_prevent_it)

Any way, the terrorists are to blame, that is common sense, but when you look at more closely the United States brought it on themselves. Reason being is becaus ethe United States too often gets involved in international affairs were they're not need. Back when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, we gave weapons and money to Bin Laden to defeat the soviets due to the Red Scare but in turn angering Bin Laden by meddling too much into Saudia Arabia's affairs with our military plane bases he turned against the United States. Because of our involvement with Bin Laden and a Brotherhood of the Middle East that soon joined forces with Bin Laden, Al Qaida was created. Let's not forget that the United States disposed of the the leader in Iraq before Saddom and placed Saddom in powere, ultimately leading to the deaths of millions of people.

And you are only bringing up issues that happened AFTER the fact. 9/11 was not about Bush, not about Americas arrogance. It was about our way of life conflicting with theres. Period.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
October 30th, 2006 at 04:57pm
^ What happened?!?
The first two points are Jenni has a life's and the bottom paragraph.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
November 1st, 2006 at 10:24am

Okay, you can say "the president" this, and "the president" that until you're blue in the face, but, really, when you get right down to it, the president is just a scapegoat. In the end, his only job is to be the spokesperson for whatever the majority of his cabinet decides.So it's his people, not him.

And you can also say that we should have paid more attention to the threats, and that's very true, but how many times before that, and after, have there been threats that actually came through? Yes, everything that happened could have been prevented if someone, somewhere would have paid closer attention and given creedence to the threats, but they can't go all out and raise our alerts and heighten security everywhere every single time there's some kind of threat.
BlackTangledHeart
Killjoy
BlackTangledHeart
November 21st, 2006 at 09:14pm
I remember coming home from school (i was in 4th grade), and my mom was home, watching the news that had the footage of the WTCs falling. It was almost surreal. I don thtink that anything could have really prevented it, but I do feel that we should have taken bigger precautions towards it. The bombs in the Ohio, i believe, buildings basement should have been a warning that we arn't ever safe. I think it wasnt really anyones fault, but if anyones, obviously the terrorists. They were taught and raised that it was the right thing to do, and therefor cannot be blamed for this, though.
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:45pm
I fell sorry for the people who died then and 1 thing I hate about the attack ... that people are laughing about it! One person said to me that he thought the attacked were funny so I hit him good and fucking hard. Laughing about it! Fucking harsh!
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 22nd, 2006 at 03:08pm
There was nothing funny about September 11th. I totally agree. Loads of innocent people died just because they were white. Blatently NOT funny..
lover of others
Bleeding on the Floor
lover of others
November 23rd, 2006 at 09:48am
I don't think we can stop terrorism. The whole planet is really fucked up. People are being killed for nothing, people are starving, freezing, being sold (trafficking)...And it doesn't happen only in U.S.! Terrorism is everywhere, and it has been everywhere for more than 20 years (since all those incidents in europe). And today it's only stronger. I dare to say I'm scared, because I think things can only go worse.
And I don't think terrorists are the only ones to blame! We should also blame the people that provide them with money and weapons...
And the war in iraq isn't a solution, especially since only 1 or 2 terrorists blamed for 9/11 was from Iraq. People are shocked because of their fellow-americans being killed, but they approve the killings of civilians in Iraq. That's hypocritical. Revenge isn't the solution.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 24th, 2006 at 01:17pm
I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 24th, 2006 at 03:36pm
America is kind of at fault. If we didn't brag 24/7, maybe we wouldn't have so many enemies. I don't think America had any serious rolls in it, but we did sort of play a part. I think that the way we've taken this whole thing is a bit stupid, just because someone is from over there doesn't mean they are a terrorist. We have every right to be suspicious, but we don't have the right to discriminate and not allow people who we 'believe' to have been involved with Alchida (sp?) to board planes. That's stupid.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 24th, 2006 at 03:51pm
I-love-you-blonde-gw:
We have every right to be suspicious, but we don't have the right to discriminate and not allow people who we 'believe' to have been involved with Alchida (sp?) to board planes. That's stupid.

Actually, TSA has no right at all to pull out anybody, no matter what they look like, unless they have something dangerous or the coponents to a bomb [or something as equally dangerous] in their carry-ons.
I could go on much more, but ive already said too much.
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
November 25th, 2006 at 03:08pm
Don't people realise that the innocent kids of now get shit when they are adults because this terrorsim carries on when all us kids did was fuck all? And when they do these attacks, alot of them are to spite the government or religon so why does the innocent suffer, All I can say to religon is I don't belive and if you don't belive your less likely to be targeted but thats not why I'm against it.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 25th, 2006 at 03:37pm
^Please don't swear. Profanity is prohibited in the Discussion Board.

September 11 was horrid, traumatizing and a waste of thousands of lives.

However, I feel that it was inevitable. When you present a big enough target, you shouldn't be surprised when you get hit. Due to the current state of things, the fundamentalists and the ways of the government, it was going to some to a head eventually.

All I can say is that I am profoundly glad that it was only planes, and not anything along the lines of a nuclear bomb.
freakgrl
Killjoy
freakgrl
November 27th, 2006 at 04:41am
September 11 was awful,
Yes,
Terrorism is awful.
3000 people died.
They shouldn't have.

But then,
do you think it's worth it
When 9000+ are killed in the massacres in Iraq?
Should they be blamed for the government?
They are a different culture yes, but they are still good, kind, innocent for all we know, human beings that deserve life.

We can't have it both ways, Bush.
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
December 4th, 2006 at 03:16pm
First, I think any of these theories that America cause 9/11 are...completely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but what would we gain killing thousands of people, ruining the air quaility in New York? It isn't all for oil. That's too drastic of a measure just so our gase prices could go down a couple of cents.

Second, I know a lot of comments have been made regarding how Bush could of prevented this from happening if he would of listened to the warnings. I agree, that's true, the facts are there before us.
But hindsight is 20/20. We've defeated those countries before in recent wars. Not many people in Bush's position would have taken the threat seriously considering our past dealings with the middle east.
Now, I'm not saying everyone would, and yes, people should of looked further into it, but now, it's easy to look back and go, "how could you miss those warning signs!"

Now, the aftermath of 9/11 is where America becomes at fault. But I won't go into that, because that would be off topic.

But finally, to address the comment that America doesn't give their citizens freedom, it's true.
Time, Place and Manner restrictions and censorship are two prime examples of infringements on our first amendment rights
Or how about the fourteenth amendment that states: No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States
yea, then what about those gay marriage bans that practically every state are passing..that's definately not giving all the citizens their freedom.
It doesn't say every citizen as long as your straight
In the opening of the Declaration of Independence, it states "all men are created equal," and we live in country where that is certainly not true

but I'll stop there before I get too far off topic.
All we are is here
Joining The Black Parade
All we are is here
December 21st, 2006 at 08:18am
I watched today Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11..that movie really make me think those things...
I'm not American I come from Finland where everything are just good... I feel little bit shame 'cause I believed in Bush, but now I know better. I hope you get someone better to lead America.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
December 21st, 2006 at 10:46am
Forward Katie!:
First, I think any of these theories that America cause 9/11 are...completely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but what would we gain killing thousands of people, ruining the air quaility in New York? It isn't all for oil. That's too drastic of a measure just so our gase prices could go down a couple of cents.

Second, I know a lot of comments have been made regarding how Bush could of prevented this from happening if he would of listened to the warnings. I agree, that's true, the facts are there before us.
But hindsight is 20/20. We've defeated those countries before in recent wars. Not many people in Bush's position would have taken the threat seriously considering our past dealings with the middle east.
Now, I'm not saying everyone would, and yes, people should of looked further into it, but now, it's easy to look back and go, "how could you miss those warning signs!"

Now, the aftermath of 9/11 is where America becomes at fault. But I won't go into that, because that would be off topic.

But finally, to address the comment that America doesn't give their citizens freedom, it's true.
Time, Place and Manner restrictions and censorship are two prime examples of infringements on our first amendment rights
Or how about the fourteenth amendment that states: No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States
yea, then what about those gay marriage bans that practically every state are passing..that's definately not giving all the citizens their freedom.
It doesn't say every citizen as long as your straight
In the opening of the Declaration of Independence, it states "all men are created equal," and we live in country where that is certainly not true

but I'll stop there before I get too far off topic.

I do agree with you on the last part, but that doesn't mean America doesn't give their people freedoms at all. There are countries were its legal for men to kill their wives if the rice is too cold. There are countries where women are considered property and not humans. Hell there are countries out there that don't even allow you to speak ill of their leader! Why do you think people keep running to America? Because of the scenery? No, because despite our limited rights, we give a hell of alot more freedoms than other countries- we give people a chance to make something of themselves. America is one of the few countries were you can go from being homeless to being a millionare, or from being a lowly car salesman, to the mayor of New York City. There are some problems, but every country has their problems: Canada, England, France, Germany, China. We weren't the first country to choose a bad leader and make a mistake, and we certainly will not be the last.

You're right, it wasn't about oil or even Bush. This was in the works WAY before Bush was even in office. Infact, the Bin Ladens and the Bushs are best buds, and when Bush Sr was in office he SUPPLIED the taliban with the guns to fight off the Russians! But that's besides the point, 9/11 was about them hating us. Hating us for our "We are the police of the world haha" and for the freedoms we actually do grant. They attacked innocent people, the stole the two towers that blessed New Yorks vibrant skyline, all for what? Hatred?

I do dissagree with us going into Iraq, it was something Bush wanted to do, not America as a whole.(and the only reason why he was re-elected was because normally during times of wars, people don't want to change their leaders. IE: FDR, but he was a better president.) But my english class has this theory, Bush will pull out the troops right before his term is over. Why? So he will be remembered as the "Man who ended the war in Iraq!!!111oneone!!" And that's how the history books will remember him.
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:10pm
XD
Jordyn
Fabulous Killjoy
Jordyn
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:13pm
We had it coming.
With us electing a president that had connections with the Bin Ladens.
Bad move on our part.