Don't have an account? Create one!

September 11th.

AuthorMessage
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 20th, 2008 at 05:36pm
At the time there was not much we could of done to prevent it and they are trying to prevent it from happening now with the securrity at airports. As to whose fault it was the people who planned/did it that is who to blame. only on my oppinion
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 20th, 2008 at 06:23pm
Although when it actually happened I didn't understand and therefore didn't really care what was happening (I was nine at the time) my heart goes out to all those who suffered because of it. I've been to ground zero, and it is almost awe inspiring in a horrible horrible way. It's literally a giant hole in the ground. The debris have been cleared away but other than that nothing has been done. I think the fact that no rebuilding has been done shows just how much our country was hurt by 9/11 and that we have still not recovered.

xfearsxofxfallingx:
At the time there was not much we could of done to prevent it and they are trying to prevent it from happening now with the securrity at airports. As to whose fault it was the people who planned/did it that is who to blame. only on my oppinion

The security isn't really all that better though. Instead of trying to make our country more safe we've been locked in a pointless war.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
September 21st, 2008 at 04:44pm
Nikki.:
(This has been said like 5937858286 times but I'll repeat it just to be annoying. This isnt' a confession thread, and if you lost someone in the attacks, I am DEEPLY sorry, because whoever died didn't deserve it at all. And please do not attack anyone's religion in here based solely on the religion of the hijackers... if that makes sense...)

Do you think America is responsible in some way (like Maggie Gyllenhaal said)?
Do you have any theories?
Was it our President's fault?
What can be done to prevent this from happening again?

Oh well, might as well go at it.
I think that a lot of the terrorist fractions (such as... mujahedins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen) have been created/boosted by decades of scewed foreign politics from American governments. For a long time, war has been supported, poor people have been supplied with weapons, as long as it has been in Americas interest. It has never been about creating democracy or peace, but more that the american government have tried to buddy up with regimes close to enemies like russia.
But when there has no longer been an interest for American politics, a lot of people have been left, in warzones, without support. This have, during years and years and during american funded guerilla wars, caused people to be bitter and hateful. And there is no better target for fundamentalists than the bitter hateful people who have lost everything.
So, yes, in a way, America plays a part in it..

In the future, working through the UN instead of funding guerilla wars, would make the US less of a target for fundamentalist people from warzones.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
September 22nd, 2008 at 05:59am
yes i think america is partly to blame, the government as with all governments do what is in thei best interests, thats why they have gone to Iraq and Afganistan, to make sure the oil situation doesnt turn nasty. Now dont say i dont know what im talking about with that, i have a military family who is jigh up in the ranks with top secret clearances, i know the facts, but i cant say any more than i do now cause that would be breaching the clearance, to the whole internet world.
The american government has invaded so many countries for their own interests and gone out just as soon as they were sorted leaving whole nations bitter, nad hateful. How would you fel if the military from another country/s just came in and took over?
To prevent it America need to be more aware of its actions and care more for other countries as well as its own interests, its the most powerful continent in the world and knows it, there was only a matter of time before all their actions backfired on them.
Please do not take any offence to what i have said, i am very sorry for anyone who has had people die in the attacks or anyone who sees me as being out of line please tell me, but back yourself up i dont want random pople asying im out of line for no reason.
oh i just noticed this the other day, but you know how the date is 9/11, do you think that has any connection with 911, the emergency number?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 22nd, 2008 at 09:02am
Oookay. Use your top secret goverment clearance to ask some higher-up if 9/11 has anything to do with calling 911.

Airport security has just gotten more difficult, without really getting safer. The last time I flew, I realized after I had already cleared the checkpoint that I had left my toiletries in my bag. Those are supposed to be left out for inspection. Nobody noticed. The worst part of that is that they say you have to have all liquids and gels in 3 oz or smaller container, so stores have started buying containers to fill. God only knows what people are putting in there.

You get through the security checkpoint and you're clear, you sit down at the TGIFriday's and order a steak, and they serve it to you with a steak knife. You're already past security, you can tuck that into your suitcase and no one will check it again.

America was given a huge black eye that day. We found out what can happen when other countries get fed up with what our foreign policies are pushed to the limit. But the thing is, we're only stronger than most countries, we certainly aren't smarter, and until we move from brute force into education for our people, we may very well find ourselves on the bottom.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 22nd, 2008 at 10:15am
I find it extremely annoying when people go on and on and on about what a gigantic tragedy 9/11 was. I am certainly not saying it wasn't a tragedy-I'm terribly sorry to anyone who lost friends or family in the tragedy-but look at it from a global perspective. Around 3000 people died in 9/11. Around 5 million people die every month from inadequate water and sewage in third world contries. And Jimmy Carter seriously thinks he has the right to start blocking off rivers to make more water for Atalanta because they have the right to "water their lawns every day".(a completely separate issue, but it angered me all the same). If Americans would take a look at how some of our choices affect the rest of the world...........
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
September 22nd, 2008 at 05:16pm
nevergetmealive:
oh i just noticed this the other day, but you know how the date is 9/11, do you think that has any connection with 911, the emergency number?

I noticed that at the last September 11, and I was kind of suprised. But, it makes sense, in a twisted way, you know?

Also, I've heard rumors that the American Government, early in President Bush's term, that they were warned of a possible attack, but, they did nothing to prevent it. Is that true?
[Sorry, I've always wondered this.]
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 22nd, 2008 at 06:13pm
The Truth in Cliche:
nevergetmealive:

I noticed that at the last September 11, and I was kind of suprised. But, it makes sense, in a twisted way, you know?

Also, I've heard rumors that the American Government, early in President Bush's term, that they were warned of a possible attack, but, they did nothing to prevent it. Is that true?
yes,there were multiple warnings.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
The Truth in Cliche:
nevergetmealive:

Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
The Truth in Cliche:
nevergetmealive:

blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
The Truth in Cliche:

I don't think that was ever verified. There are all sorts of conspiracies about 9/11.

Two of the most common:
LIHOP (let it happen on purpose) - suggests that key individuals within the government had at least some foreknowledge of the attacks and deliberately ignored them or actively weakened America's defenses to ensure the hijacked flights were not intercepted.
MIHOP (made it happen on purpose) - that key individuals within the government planned the attacks and collaborated with or framed, al-Qaeda in carrying them out. There is a range of opinions about how this might have been achieved.
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
September 23rd, 2008 at 07:42pm
Eponine:
The Truth in Cliche:

I don't think that was ever verified. There are all sorts of conspiracies about 9/11.

Two of the most common:
LIHOP (let it happen on purpose) - suggests that key individuals within the government had at least some foreknowledge of the attacks and deliberately ignored them or actively weakened America's defenses to ensure the hijacked flights were not intercepted.
MIHOP (made it happen on purpose) - that key individuals within the government planned the attacks and collaborated with or framed, al-Qaeda in carrying them out. There is a range of opinions about how this might have been achieved.

See, thats what I was thinkning, but, on the MIHOP. Why would they attack their own country? And seeing as the year before, they started a new term, it would be kind of bad if the truth got out.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 23rd, 2008 at 07:55pm
If we're going with the conspiracy theory, MIHOP happened so that the country would rally and go along with anything President Dumbass had to say. There was about 2 years immediately following 9/11 where we did NOT have free speech -- if we spoke poorly about the president, we were chastised and made to feel like dirt because we were "unpatriotic" and "were allowing all those people to die in vain."

Now we look past the fact that the government can tap our phones, read our emails, sift through our regular mail, even read what we post on message boards, in the name of Homeland Security. We have no privacy, we have lost our right to speak freely, because it could be interpreted as terrorist and we could lose everything.

Now we are on the cusp of an election and the candidates are neck and neck, but despite the Republican president leaving our economy in a shambles, leaving his people afraid to speak out, and leaving the man responsible for the 9/11 attacks alive and unharmed -- people are hesitant to vote for Obama because he is black.

Don't even get me started on the bailout. I thank God every single day that I don't have children, because they would be the ones to bear the brunt of this man's fallacy and poor politics and band-aid solutions. They don't care about the future because they won't be alive to deal with it.
Super.Ninja.1
Killjoy
Super.Ninja.1
September 23rd, 2008 at 10:42pm
I saw this movie, called ziegist, and it made me belive that the government planned the whole thing. They blew up the towers right before they fell, um... the "attack" on the pentegon, there was no evidence. There is an explaination to everthing. o.O
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 23rd, 2008 at 10:53pm
Super.Ninja.1:
I saw this movie, called ziegist, and it made me belive that the government planned the whole thing. They blew up the towers right before they fell, um... the "attack" on the pentegon, there was no evidence. There is an explaination to everthing. o.O

Yeah, I know a lot of people who believe that no plane ever hit the pentagon, it could have been a missile or some other explosive.
In the video of 9/11 you can tell that an explosion happens inside the building. (I think anyway) After the planes hit the towers were standing and not moving for a while and then you see the buildings shake and fall immediately after that.
Also tower seven was not hit with anything yet it still collapsed.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
September 24th, 2008 at 07:12am
I personally don't understand how it can be justified, in anyone's eyes. I think it was entirley the terrorists fault; they didn't have to kill thousands of people.
I don't want to recount it all here, because some of it isn't directly relevant, but you are welcome to read it
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
September 24th, 2008 at 02:25pm
Have anyone here tried to justify the 9/11 attacks?
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 24th, 2008 at 05:40pm
The Truth in Cliche:

[Sorry, I've always wondered this.][/size]

I know of at least one anonymous tip that "Terrorists were planning on using Jet Airplanes as bombs in terms of tall structures." Its to bad that nobody really looked into it, but I don't blame um really. Who could have known that it was something to spend time and money on?

Heybaberiba:

Not to get all paranoid, but I've reached the conclusion that there is a higher power than just the US government that runs all of society. 9/11 was a planned event that was used to justify two wars, and create a new sense of fear in America. Why exactly I cannot say but the evidence that more happened on that day then is publicly known is astounding.

I am not a gullible person, and I was quite skeptical of the whole "9/11 Was An Inside Job" campaign, yet after watching "Blue Print for Destruction: Architecture of 9/11 Truth" I have come to see the reality of the situation. I highly recommend the seminar to anyone interested, the information given is in my opinion irrefutable. The only problem I see with it is that the speaker giving the seminar (who started "the Architects and Engineers For 9/11 Truth organization) is not a great orator.

In short the following points are made:
~ It is widely accepted that the impact of the Airplanes did nothing to the foundation of the towers
~ Never before in history has a fire ever caused the collapse of a steel high rise building
~ Both the presence of molten steel and clean cut steal beams were present -at the bottom- of the wreckage
~ Bone fragments and shards of steel were found all over the surrounding area, not what you would expect to find if it had been a simple fire, and collapse
~ After Three Months, FEMA's official report stated best explanation for collapse was "fire even though this was highly unlikely"
~ 100yards from the Towers, Building 7 collapsed without being hit by an airplane with only fires on the roof.
~ Building 7 actually fell in a matter of seconds, starting at the bottom systematically working to the top. There is actual video footage where you can see the windows being blown out in sequence, exactly matching those from a building that had undergone a scheduled demolition
~ The Twin Towers were actually designed to resist any long term or serious damage in the case of a large air craft colliding with them
~ There are countless eye witness accounts of booms, flashes of light, explosions etc, that were taken on the day by the media, but for whatever reason never elaborated on or in some cases released.
~ Al Qeda alone would not have had access to the nessessary explosives nor to the buildings themselves needed to create such a systematic demolition.

A bit unsettling is it not?
Super.Ninja.1
Killjoy
Super.Ninja.1
September 29th, 2008 at 09:44pm
KingRex:
The Truth in Cliche:

[Sorry, I've always wondered this.][/size]

I know of at least one anonymous tip that "Terrorists were planning on using Jet Airplanes as bombs in terms of tall structures." Its to bad that nobody really looked into it, but I don't blame um really. Who could have known that it was something to spend time and money on?

Heybaberiba:

Not to get all paranoid, but I've reached the conclusion that there is a higher power than just the US government that runs all of society. 9/11 was a planned event that was used to justify two wars, and create a new sense of fear in America. Why exactly I cannot say but the evidence that more happened on that day then is publicly known is astounding.

I am not a gullible person, and I was quite skeptical of the whole "9/11 Was An Inside Job" campaign, yet after watching "Blue Print for Destruction: Architecture of 9/11 Truth" I have come to see the reality of the situation. I highly recommend the seminar to anyone interested, the information given is in my opinion irrefutable. The only problem I see with it is that the speaker giving the seminar (who started "the Architects and Engineers For 9/11 Truth organization) is not a great orator.

In short the following points are made:
~ It is widely accepted that the impact of the Airplanes did nothing to the foundation of the towers
~ Never before in history has a fire ever caused the collapse of a steel high rise building
~ Both the presence of molten steel and clean cut steal beams were present -at the bottom- of the wreckage
~ Bone fragments and shards of steel were found all over the surrounding area, not what you would expect to find if it had been a simple fire, and collapse
~ After Three Months, FEMA's official report stated best explanation for collapse was "fire even though this was highly unlikely"
~ 100yards from the Towers, Building 7 collapsed without being hit by an airplane with only fires on the roof.
~ Building 7 actually fell in a matter of seconds, starting at the bottom systematically working to the top. There is actual video footage where you can see the windows being blown out in sequence, exactly matching those from a building that had undergone a scheduled demolition
~ The Twin Towers were actually designed to resist any long term or serious damage in the case of a large air craft colliding with them
~ There are countless eye witness accounts of booms, flashes of light, explosions etc, that were taken on the day by the media, but for whatever reason never elaborated on or in some cases released.
~ Al Qeda alone would not have had access to the nessessary explosives nor to the buildings themselves needed to create such a systematic demolition.

A bit unsettling is it not?

That was pretty much what I saw in the zeigist movie. This show I recorded on my televison, showed little explusions right before they fell. And the fact that you metioned the molten steel, the fire was not hot enough to melt it. One plane from each building couldn't make something that huge to crumble. And near the pentegon, there were hotels that had video footage, but the government took them before they went out into the public. I really belive that the government planned the whole thing...
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
October 1st, 2008 at 09:46pm
Yeah, as unbelibealbe and unfortunate as it is, I will have to agree with you.

Jesus, and I thought the world was screwed up already...