Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
MCRbabe...
Killjoy
MCRbabe...
July 4th, 2007 at 05:52pm
i think it means that teenagers cant really get along and are always fighting and are violent .....
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 4th, 2007 at 08:23pm
I read somewhere that Gerard said that it's about teenagers' treatment of those who are different.
abovethepull
Killjoy
abovethepull
July 4th, 2007 at 09:26pm
the song is about teenagers and the problems that they have with their parents..... duh. =P
your grandmother
Jazz Hands
your grandmother
July 5th, 2007 at 02:56pm
maybe, it means, teenagers scare the living shit out of gerard, XD i' just kidding, it probly talks about the crazy sanity of our teenage lives.
My chemical romantic
Killjoy
My chemical romantic
July 7th, 2007 at 12:34am
I think its about how when teenagers do somthing that makes them stand out from the crowd and making their peers think they'er freaks exluding them hense "the girls and boys in the cliques the awful names that they stick your never gonna fit in much kid" leaving the person feeling broken and hurting and wanting to get back at them and I wanna say that what they mean by "and if your troubled and hurt what you got under your shirt will make them pay from the things that they did" is like them about to kill the people who were mean or somthing... and that If you dont do that then just try to scare them and they will turn blind eye on you but even if your like that then MCR will never turn their back because we are their fans?

I don't know Im prolly reading to much into this...
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
July 7th, 2007 at 10:01am
The first verse is addressed to the way teenagers are treated by society. " Cause the drugs never work, they gonna give you a smirk, because they have methods of keeping you clean" How they drugged us up to be better. " Rip off your heads, your aspirations to shred" They tell us we can't amount to anything.

Second verse is how we treated each other and how we want to be individuals in a society where everyone wants to be the same.
sonia say's what!?
Killjoy
sonia say's what!?
July 11th, 2007 at 08:38pm
didnt gerard say that he wrote this song because he was scared to death by some kids on the subway...
this songs not too deep but the fact that they delayed the video because of virginia tech (plus censored most of it) got me a little mad.
i do enjoy this song though i think it applies to the phases kids r going through now
Worship thy Gerard12
Killjoy
Worship thy Gerard12
July 11th, 2007 at 11:49pm
I think that it is about teen violence and teens bullying other teens by being cruel and immiture and making the bullied teens so angry or upset that they resort to violence ( " and if you're troubled and hurt; what you've got under your shirt ; will make them pay for the things that they did" ) or drugs ( "because the drugs never work; "Wink which is hardly ever true
solonghelena
Killjoy
solonghelena
July 12th, 2007 at 12:27am
I think that this song is saying that the band is always attacked by fans that are teenagers, and that they swarm and never leave you alone, like meVery Happy
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 12th, 2007 at 05:28pm
Yeah, you're right. I was listening to this in ny living room, and that's what I thought when I heard the lyrics. I thought it was about him when he was a teenager. Like in his quotes, he said that everyone in school bothered him, so he was probably saying how teen mean teenagers are and how they scared the shit out of him because he was probably picked on. Then, the person in the song took out a weapon, to kill their sorry asses, which was probably what he really felt like doing in real life. I'm not saying it's good to kill people.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
July 14th, 2007 at 01:39am
What I don't get, though, it what Teenagers has to do with the story of The Patient. how is it at all related to The Patient's story of cancer and death?
ShippinaWolfOfFire
Killjoy
ShippinaWolfOfFire
July 14th, 2007 at 10:22pm
I'm just throwing shit out here but this is what I think the Patient has todo with Teenagers. Maybe when he was alive he remembers witnessing a school shooting at like a highschool or something along thoes lines. Maybe during that portion of the album he's pondering his memories. This is what I think but if any of you have a better idea let me know.
mymcrme
Killjoy
mymcrme
July 15th, 2007 at 01:05am
i think its about gun crimewith small maggoty 'gangstas'
solonghelena
Killjoy
solonghelena
July 15th, 2007 at 03:52pm
In the press conference, Gerard said that The Patient has the memory of when he was a little kid, and being a teenager is a stage of being a kid, because you're not an adult yet, and something at his school could have really affected how he grew up, yaknow. Just an idea
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
Fabulous Killjoy
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
July 15th, 2007 at 11:12pm
one of my friends told me it was about government corruption...u kno like how they wanna take ovr and the best way to do it is to get to kids cuz the adults can already decide for themselves and teens are still molding their minds and opinions u kno and in the video in the beginning when the teenagers are all sitting their with their hands on their laps looking bored that's supposed to symbolize for the way the government wants us to act and then at the end when they all get up and start running and throwing themselves on Gerard that is the way they reely act and they wanna act...just a suggestion!!!
Fairy Gothmother
Killjoy
Fairy Gothmother
July 16th, 2007 at 01:10am
teen vilence
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
July 16th, 2007 at 04:38pm
Im listening to it right now, I love this song, I thought that the song had to do with teen violence
SlitForFallenAngel
Killjoy
SlitForFallenAngel
July 16th, 2007 at 09:29pm
I think the song is about teen violence and relationships between teeenagers and adults....
It's Lyn-z!
Demolition Lover
It's Lyn-z!
July 17th, 2007 at 04:26am
after reading these pages i still dont understand exactly what it means

the song in general confuses me
actually_im_a_broom
Killjoy
actually_im_a_broom
July 20th, 2007 at 11:12pm
world inferno.:
scissorglamour:
NONONONO.

im watching them on much music right now.

Gerard said Teenagers is about gun violence.

SOLVED.

She's right.. Gerard said Teenager's is about gun violence in teens and shit.

I thought it was about a kid taking out years of bullying on the students. Like a shooting.
"What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did."

It's pretty straightforward.

[color=red][size=80] Yeah pretty much....and also "so darken your clothes." i kindof thought that he was talking about the kids that feel left out so they start trying to be emo although their not? just a thought