Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
the_murder_scene
Killjoy
the_murder_scene
November 29th, 2006 at 03:12pm
its a political song about teens these days

he thinks that they are abusive and shit!!!

THATS ONLY THE CHAVS

NORMAL/UNIQUE people (like NON CHAVS) arnt realy abusive!!

deriously if they did a survey on who has the most asbos, chavs or rockers, IT WOULD BE THE FUCKING CHAVS!!!
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
November 30th, 2006 at 02:33pm
What I get from this song, is that it is more telling a story from an adult's POV as opposed to it being a teenager OR Gerard.
Yet again, this is what I GET from the song. What the song means to me.
This song, I think, it telling kids it is okay to be yourself. Do what you feel is right. Stick up firmly for what you believe. Don't let other people push you around. That kinda thing.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
November 30th, 2006 at 03:43pm
This song is about how Gerard all of a sudden, as a teen, became very insecure and afraid. He said he wrote this song because it made him try to think back as a teen and remember how he was different compared to other poeple and that people stared. When he first wrote the song everone thought he was carzy but then they just tried it out. And so he tried to send that mesage that its ok to be urself .
Deadnought
Killjoy
Deadnought
November 30th, 2006 at 10:13pm
Blackcherry:
This song is just like I'm not okay, but at the same time it's really diferent (Confusing..I understand myself, tho. XD!) But, this song is worth hearing without stopping to even go to the bathroom! =D!

I agree with that.

Or maybe:
So darken your clothes,
And strike a violent pose,
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me.

He's trying to stay away from a bully and look like a (vengeful,) angry teen. (?)
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 05:09pm
Des Disenchanter:
Blackcherry:
This song is just like I'm not okay, but at the same time it's really diferent (Confusing..I understand myself, tho. XD!) But, this song is worth hearing without stopping to even go to the bathroom! =D!

I agree with that.

Or maybe:
So darken your clothes,

He's trying to stay away from a bully and look like a (vengeful,) angry teen. (?)

hahaha me too!
mkl224
Killjoy
mkl224
December 2nd, 2006 at 07:25pm
One part of this song realy speaks to me

So darken your clothes,

To me this means you can go ahead and be part of the crowd, and loose yourself, but i never will. Its kind of like he is saying its okay to be you, and if people hate you for it screw them.
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 3rd, 2006 at 04:47pm
I agree with your idea Idea mkl224.

It's surely much easier to give up your own identity by subordinating to the rules of a certain group. However, if one is darkening his clothes, this won’t change his personality all of a sudden; so if he’s still a kid who won't stop thinking for himself and is otherwise different, he will still not fit in with the popular ones who have chosen a certain lifestyle only because its popular…if this makes any sense
But in the end, to develop an own personality, I think it's better to stay true to yourself even if it means that they won't leave you alone..
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
Killjoy
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
December 11th, 2006 at 05:09pm
I always imagine teachers singing, 'Teenagers scare the living shit outa me'
It's not about "Emos" it's teenagers in general.
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 11th, 2006 at 06:01pm
Teenagers is about violence in between teens. Yeah. It is totally true too. I mean take Colombine for instance. Um, this is reality people.
I'mAlreadyDead__x
Killjoy
I'mAlreadyDead__x
December 13th, 2006 at 01:50pm
ImNotOkay_TrustMe:

Yeah, me too! Tbh it's not really surprising, considering some of them. It is kind of degrading though, because there are some of us who are respectful enough to not be treated like dirt. But yeah, it wouldn't be "Emos" anyway. The "Chav" people are the ones that scare people. They scare me! And Gerrard does right to give the impression of him refusing [in a way] to give them what they what...him to change.
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
Killjoy
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
December 13th, 2006 at 04:08pm
I'mAlreadyDead__x:
ImNotOkay_TrustMe:

Yeah, me too! Tbh it's not really surprising, considering some of them. It is kind of degrading though, because there are some of us who are respectful enough to not be treated like dirt. But yeah, it wouldn't be "Emos" anyway. The "Chav" people are the ones that scare people. They scare me! And Gerrard does right to give the impression of him refusing [in a way] to give them what they what...him to change.
Exactly.
Mostly Chavs or gang members.
Not Emos.
Hand In Mine.
Killjoy
Hand In Mine.
December 13th, 2006 at 06:02pm
I got this off Wikipedia but it is a good representation for my views on Teenagers
(wikipedia kicks #ss for black parade song meanings, it maps out all of the patient's story)

"Gerard told Revolver that the story was about how, when he was living in New York, he had to take the subway to and from the pratices every day, and how he was scared of all the teenagers riding the subway home (hence: Teenagers scare the living shit out of me"Wink, because he wasn't sure of their reaction. Eventually, he told AP, he realized that these were the kids that were listening to his music and it made him less fearful of them'
mcr;love?!
Killjoy
mcr;love?!
December 13th, 2006 at 07:22pm
Yo, kay.
This song is about gun violence in schools.
GERARD SAID IT ON MUCH.
This shouldn't even be here if he's said it already.
My god.
=]
withered waste
Killjoy
withered waste
December 13th, 2006 at 10:08pm
also Gerard said that he was on the train and he saw all of these teenages and so a song came in his head them wrote it down and said to the others that he wants it to be on the album!

love the song Smile
x.ilu.x
Killjoy
x.ilu.x
December 16th, 2006 at 05:53pm
scissorglamour:
NONONONO.

im watching them on much music right now.

Gerard said Teenagers is about gun violence.

SOLVED.

yeah because when it says " What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did " it means like hiding a gun under your shirt and then killing someone with it.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
December 16th, 2006 at 11:13pm
Wow, that's weird to read that Gerard wrote this as a way to express how teenagers scare him and he doesn't relate to them. I figured it was the other way around.

The first part of the song seems to be about how adults seem to be willing to do anything to change teens and dominate them. The second part sounds like Gerard encouraging teens to be themselves and not let the cliques and populars push them into violence.

And I thought the "Teenagers scare the living shit out of me" part (amazing line, btw, it's both hilarious and true at the same time) was sort of his sarcastic way of looking at things from an "adult" point of view.

Guess I was wrong.

Huh. Ya learn somethin' new everyday.

This is one of my favorite songs from the album, by the way. It immediately skyrocketed to the 2nd most played song (out of 400) on my iPod. It's like Stevie Ray Vaughn on acid, I love it.
Ms.CarolineWay
Killjoy
Ms.CarolineWay
December 19th, 2006 at 05:03pm
well if this iss about Gerard being scared on a subway and what he said in that interview about him not feeling connected to us then i'm kinda sad =[

i mean only some teenagers are like that the rest of us are just made to feel invisible.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
December 19th, 2006 at 07:33pm
i read somewhere that gerard wrote this song
cause he used to catch the train
and all the teenagers on the train scared him.
Charliebitmyfinger.
Salute You in Your Grave
Charliebitmyfinger.
December 20th, 2006 at 08:10pm
"what you got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things that they did"

Ive wondered how many diffrent things or meanings that sentence can have..

What do YOU think it means?
( a gun?)
Emo Dirtbag
Killjoy
Emo Dirtbag
December 21st, 2006 at 11:58am
I think the song teenagers is just about what life was like for them when they were teens I LOVE THAT SONG Clap