Jazz Hands
mcrafi4eva
May 31st, 2007 at 03:42pm
x.FaMoUsLiViNgDeAd.x:
mcrafi4eva:
the line i don't get is when it says "But if you’re troubled and hurt,
What you got under your shirt,
Will make them pay for the things that they did"

that line means that if you don't like the way you are treated, you can pull a gun from under your shirt and resort to violence, which is a dumb way to go about it.

thanks that helped a lot and agree that is a dumb way to deal with your problems
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 31st, 2007 at 09:58pm
likepixiedust:
So, was The Patient involved in a school shooting, or did he think about shooting up his school? Or is it simply that he's afraid of teenagers? In that case, why is it so strong that he thinks about it when he dies? I don't really understand how it fits into the concept.

i think its just being afraid of teenagers.....i if you watch the video clip it like shows the band being tranpled by teens....so yup...if that helps..=]
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
May 31st, 2007 at 09:59pm
Teenagers have two main areas

The first few stanzas/verses

The referance to the 'emo' teens of today, MCR's main fans, ''Because the drugs never work'' is Gerard trying to, as always, be anti-suicide.
''So they can watch all the things you do''- this is society doubting us & wondering if were all crazy & depresso's.
''The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid''- How were never going to fit in, no one cares not those 'boys n girls in the clique' as many 'emos' are bullied & called names. That verse is about us.

Then, the most obvious part, ''But if you're troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did'' is the gun under a teenagers shirt as violence goes to schools to kill this 'clique' & the name-callers.

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me
repeated a few times after to reinforce that we shouldn't change for anyone, so we should keep darkening out clothes & scareing the shit out of people.
GerardthePatient
Killjoy
GerardthePatient
June 2nd, 2007 at 02:30pm
It's about kids who kill each other in school. Around the time Gerard was at SVA, that's when Columbine happened, so that's the idea for the song.
xmcrxprincessx13
Killjoy
xmcrxprincessx13
June 2nd, 2007 at 11:15pm
Teenagers is about how kid s that were like MCR in high school (outcasts) how they will never be accepted by people.(The boys and girls in the clique The awful names that they stick You're never gonna fit in much kid) and then how nothing can fix it even if you think that drugs are your escape (Because the drugs never work) But you can get through it by acting tough (And strike a violent pose,) and I could pretty much explain every line for you.
VoT4lL_Bryre
Killjoy
VoT4lL_Bryre
June 3rd, 2007 at 04:48am
i think its about a voilence its this day.
teenagers thinks that drugs can solve their problem.
who think im right??
MCR_SAVED_Mi_LiFExo
Killjoy
MCR_SAVED_Mi_LiFExo
June 3rd, 2007 at 10:08pm
Text it's about Teenage gun violence. The video is AWEOME!
guiltfeeder
Killjoy
guiltfeeder
June 4th, 2007 at 04:03am
What gun violence? Do they approve about it or not? Well, I think they don't agree about it.
Maybe the song is about those teenagers that thinks that being violent is the only way to get respect or be.. famous
Magick_x
Killjoy
Magick_x
June 4th, 2007 at 01:56pm
Teenagers means That How Gerard Feels about getting older and Not understanding Teeange Cultre.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
June 5th, 2007 at 07:43pm
Growing Up is a myth of Society, humans remain Children Forever!! Teenagers should all recognize: if it seems like your Smarter, it's probably because U R ! Laughing
FellDownFromPlague
Killjoy
FellDownFromPlague
June 9th, 2007 at 12:18am
so we all agree? this song is about teens and gun violence. i honestly see where there coming from. i even noticed while listening to it. it reminded me of columbine there for a minute.
domDisaster
Killjoy
domDisaster
June 10th, 2007 at 09:42pm
I tottally agree with everyone else, but i think it may also be about the fans that My Chem get, and the teenagers running to get a signature or something, from the band, and how it scares them cause' they have all these teens chasing them.
But i'm not sure. :]
Thats just my opionion.
:]
x
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
June 11th, 2007 at 05:04am
I finally saw the video on MTV the other day and I found the words that they chose to censor quite interesting. I posted this on my facebook.

........................But if you’re troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did
They edit out shirt right there,I guess because it makes you think of a gun under their shirt. They also take out pay,because it sounds like you'll shoot 'em for being jerks.

And then gun and murder is edited out,which is slightly funny because when Gereard goes "Another cog in the Murder Machine" It zooms in on his face and you can totally tell what he says lol.

So I guess I'm just commenting on censorship. Which I"M very into debating,although I haven't completely formed my opinions yet.
I know because of the Virgina Tech,the fact of the video coming out was in question. But Gerard said in interviews that basically the video was even more important now,because teen violence is a real current issue and the song addresses that.
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:22pm
it sounds like those old guys who are terrified of us and try and suppress us cuz they think that they can stop one of us from blowing up and killin people when really thats probably what caused it eg "Teenagers scare the livin' shit outta me" then goes onto "They could care less as long as someone will bleed" Can either meen the adults think that we're all about violence and hate or it could mean that the adults dont care if we get hurt as long as they keep us in line....F*** conformity!!
and yeah, it sounds like when kids resort to violence to deal with there problems...the quickest way, but not ALWAYS the BEST way.
raynebeax
Jazz Hands
raynebeax
June 11th, 2007 at 08:00pm
i always thought it was how adults are scared of teens because they dont understand them...
Evil Flying Panda :P
Killjoy
June 11th, 2007 at 08:15pm
i think teenagers is about how much more messed up and violent the teenagers are now than when he was a teen.
Killjoy
June 11th, 2007 at 08:16pm
raynebeax:
i always thought it was how adults are scared of teens because they dont understand them...

that makes sense
raynebeax
Jazz Hands
raynebeax
June 11th, 2007 at 08:23pm
GerardWayeatscookies:
raynebeax:

that makes sense
Id like to think so...
haha
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 12th, 2007 at 04:00pm
raynebeax:
GerardWayeatscookies:
raynebeax:

that makes sense
Id like to think so...
haha

*shrugs* That was my NEXT guess. good point tho.
utterlyempty
Really Not Okay
utterlyempty
June 12th, 2007 at 06:58pm
I put this video together from movie clips. It is sort of how I see the song.