Don't have an account? Create one!

The end of the world.

AuthorMessage
stuupid like a fox
Bleeding on the Floor
stuupid like a fox
February 17th, 2007 at 08:12am
i dont think there will be people in a billion years. by then war is gonna kill us becasue these country leaders can't just fuckin say sorry and lets be at peace.
no one will care about he end of the world because no one will be there to witness it
not_so_goth
Killjoy
not_so_goth
February 17th, 2007 at 09:11pm
Gattz_Ate_Gerard:

Mayan Prophecy? Did 666 happen? Nope. Why would the Mayan Prophecy have any more validity than the 6/6/06 'Prophecy'? The Mayans had to stop their calender at some time, they just chose a day in 2012, probably because all their astronomers died or something.

They also said that in the year 2000 all the computers were suposed to die down?? am I right?
porcelain-star
Fabulous Killjoy
porcelain-star
February 17th, 2007 at 09:21pm
well I'm quite freaked out at the moment because George Bush [allegedly] is in possession of a little black box, thus, at the press of a button the world would explode. Dudes, the future of mankind is in the hands of a man who can't pronounce nuclear! like, fuck the ice caps coz Bush is gonna incinerate the planet before the caps melt!!!!!!!1
stuupid like a fox
Bleeding on the Floor
stuupid like a fox
February 19th, 2007 at 02:24pm
i guess your right but isnt this bush's last year?!? prairie dog OOOOOOOOH YEAH!!!
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
February 19th, 2007 at 06:39pm
the world will not end - it just adapts. the dinosaurs, the ice age, global warming.

i see the earth as a living body and we are a parasite. so we abuse the planet and so it gets rid of us.

the world will not be effected by our demise - so the world willnot end - humankind will end
slafjdofheh
Killjoy
slafjdofheh
February 19th, 2007 at 07:36pm
[quote="x-tara-x"]
seven dollar bill:
But if not, the sun is always there in five million years. He's got our back.
The sun will burn out just like all stars do. It won't burn out anytime soon, but it will burn out eventually.[/quote

I had a dream last night that the sun burned out... it was scary.... i woke up crying...]
forbidden snowflake
Killjoy
forbidden snowflake
February 20th, 2007 at 08:00am
It's a fascinating thought: if that &*%#-comet didn't wipe out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, we wouldn't be here pondering about apocalypses and armageddons in the first place. The dinosaurs roamed our planet millions of years longer than we did. If it wasn't for the comet, they still would.
within every end looms the dawn of a new beginning.
lacey;;
Always Born a Crime
lacey;;
February 20th, 2007 at 08:49am
=sigh=

...yup, yup...it's possible that the human race will someday be extinct (just take a look at the dinosaurs for example, that's right!)...i mean, we are somehow destroyers of the planet, and every one of us will be destroyed in the future...

...we all know that we're really going to die...and it's not surprising to know...and in some way, we struggle just to survive...especially the ones who are afraid of death and dying...

...and i think it's possible for the world to rebirth...
diesel
Killjoy
diesel
March 4th, 2007 at 02:10am
The sun isn't going to burn out, well it is but earth will already have been incenerated by then. The sun is expanding, not shrinking. In around the next 5 billion years, the sun will extend out past earth's orbit as a red giant.

"the interesting thing is that in takes sunlight 8 seconds to get to earth, so we won't even notice the sun went out until 8 seconds later."

it's 8 and a half minutes, not seconds...
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 4th, 2007 at 04:27am
within every end looms the dawn of a new beginning.

^ Very wise, might I say

Clap

Hmm well. There are ALOT of ways the world could end

1)Global Warming (although the world will not END, it will be the end of us and other species

2) The sun explodes

3) We bomb ourselves with nukes

4) Another species of animal will become smarter than us and we will be THEIR pets

5) Aliens will come and steal the planet

6) We would of moved to mars or another planet anyway
loaded_gun
Jazz Hands
loaded_gun
March 4th, 2007 at 09:09am
Oh I think the world will end and I think the U.S will be a big contributor on it ending. Environment...
We're killing it. Slowly. I doubt that it'll end in our lifetime but in the next few generations. Bye Bye Earth.

You know I was watching the movie Dogma by Kevin Smith and I actually realized something.

Bartlebe says: "We came first! The angles! God gave these humans free will, control of a planet. He gave them paradise they left it, god gave them this planet, they destroyed it. He gave them life but some of them don't even believe he exists. But he has given them imminent fucking patience. When do we get our turn? It's unfair!"

I'm not a religious buff but if god does exists, he's got s point. I recycle and I check what I buy at the store for environmental hazards and whatnot. I want to take care of the planet. In the spring my family buys trees to plant in the back wood near our home. I just want people to be safe. Least we try to buy the tree...last two years we haven't cause we're lacking money. =/ But we try. =]
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
March 4th, 2007 at 11:45am
roses_and_requiems:
=sigh=
...yup, yup...it's possible that the human race will someday be extinct (just take a look at the dinosaurs for example, that's right!)...i mean, we are somehow destroyers of the planet, and every one of us will be destroyed in the future...
That's not a fair comparison. The dinosaurs didn't kill themselves like we are doing.

And someone else said that we will all die out and the earth will start again... that could work, but we have wasted resources that the earth won't get back.
This is all explained and the sixth extinction. All the first five were caused by nature, the sixth one is caused by humans. The ozone layer is fucked, were running out of oil, we're killing the trees. The earth probably won't recover from this extinction, it'll turn into a copy of Mars.
Shinori
Salute You in Your Grave
Shinori
March 4th, 2007 at 12:18pm
i don't think the world WILL end because at the rate scientists are creating new and better ways to try and save our planet I'd say we got about another 65 million years left but that is only an estimate cause you never know wiht the different people running the U.S. and they could have basically anything they want made like George Bush had a diet pill for fat dogs made and approved, so you really and say with the presidents but 65 million years sounds right.
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
March 4th, 2007 at 12:27pm
if you mean by this planet then of corse it will because eventually the sun will expand far beyond the solor system and then explode because this happens to every star that there is
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 4th, 2007 at 09:23pm
I think the way that people are saying 'the u.s and george bush' are ruining the planet is unfair.
Its not just the U.S.A, its Asia, Australia and Europe too.
Yes, George Bush dosn't know what he's doing with the war. But I think, the media have put this idea in peoples heads that everything he does is wrong.
I'm not american and I don't follow politics. But I'm pretty sure George Bush isn't pure evil. Hes just a dumbass in some situations.
Its not just him either, its other world leaders.
Even though, some of us mightn't of had such a big impact on the desruction of the earth as others, its going to take everyone to fix it.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 4th, 2007 at 10:49pm
yeah, of course the world is going to fucking end... just not now. and all of that bullshit about it ending in 2036? that's not going to happen, too many scientists are just sitting on their asses watching armageddon and the day after tomorrow.
Geesus.
Motor Baby
Geesus.
March 4th, 2007 at 10:51pm
i think the world will definately end
we (people) destroy it and the sun exploding.
but then even though scientists are thinking of a way to save it, it seems like they destroy it too. i mean look what they've done to the ozone layer by sending spaceships and satellites up there. but then i guess thy want to see if commets and stuff are going to hit and the weather....argh now i'm confusing myself.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 4th, 2007 at 10:53pm
PIXIEcorpse:
i think the world will definately end
we (people) destroy it and the sun exploding.
but then even though scientists are thinking of a way to save it, it seems like they destroy it too. i mean look what they've done to the ozone layer by sending spaceships and satellites up there. but then i guess thy want to see if commets and stuff are going to hit and the weather....argh now i'm confusing myself.

no no, you are making complete sense. and to be completely honest, i don't think the trip to the moon is real anyway.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
March 5th, 2007 at 02:11pm
Iero Love:
yeah, of course the world is going to fucking end... just not now. and all of that bullshit about it ending in 2036? that's not going to happen, too many scientists are just sitting on their asses watching armageddon and the day after tomorrow.
More than you ever did.

You're fifteen? I think they have gone to school a bit longer than you, and worked in the field of ecology longer than you.

At the speed rate that the deserts are growing and the poles are melting we'll all be covered in mud in thirty years.
demonicflame
Killjoy
demonicflame
March 5th, 2007 at 03:34pm
Longcindia.:

You're fifteen? I think they have gone to school a bit longer than you, and worked in the field of ecology longer than you.

At the speed rate that the deserts are growing and the poles are melting we'll all be covered in mud in thirty years.

Is this the end of the world or the end of humans? Because humans have been here next to no time and won't last that long. But some things will survive anything that happens unless something that hasn't been forwarned suddenly blows the Earth apart, in which case they won't know the exact time and date...