Don't have an account? Create one!

The end of the world.

AuthorMessage
Priss
Fabulous Killjoy
Priss
November 5th, 2006 at 05:25pm
Well I do believe the world is going to end not with some sort of big explotion or a comet, the world it self can't keep supporting our style of life the poles are melting (there's no way denying it) and the atmosphere is just lost, besides all the means of water are getting polluted, the amazon is becoming expensive fourniture and africa in africa the sahara keeps growing every year, my guess is the planet will die and start all over again, it's a cycle, at least tha's what I believe.
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
November 6th, 2006 at 09:15am
I agree, but we will die a horrible death eventually...

The sun is expanding, in 5 million years it would have expanded so much that the Earth has turned into Venus basicly (temperatures and all liquid evaporaed sorta thing) and Mars will be an ideal temperature (as the sun expands the little ring of nice temp that were in moves out... when we fry Mars will be just right Very Happy)
spirigirly
Killjoy
spirigirly
November 6th, 2006 at 10:32am
I agree too, soon, the world will be exhausted with the way we're living on it, and it's getting warmer and warmer every year I guess.
Maybe moving to Mars in a couple of decades will save us all Wink
But I don't believe in the end of the world as in Jesus/god/who or whatever is going to judge the people living on this earth. (sorry im I'm not allowed to say that)
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
November 6th, 2006 at 10:46am
I must agree though...
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
November 7th, 2006 at 01:54am
I kind of agree with Priss17.
Dementorrr
Fabulous Killjoy
Dementorrr
November 7th, 2006 at 03:52pm
same here, i agree with Priss17.
milly-rose
Killjoy
milly-rose
November 7th, 2006 at 03:53pm
i had a big flap over it recently, cos there were a lot of stories in the papers of freak weather, then dogs randomly attacking people. i kept seeing signs that it could be the end of the world. but it didnt happen. but when it does, in some way, i'd like to be there. sounds crazy. but just watching it would be the most amazing, and last, experience. i'm a bit odd like that.
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
November 9th, 2006 at 06:18pm
With the way we are lving and misusing the environment, it is undeniable that the earth is eventually going to become uninhabitable for humans and all the other organisms be it flora or fauna which we share the planet with. And the sun is going to burn itself out one day, so if we haven't completely destroyed the earth by then we will all freeze to death then anyway.
i don't know if the world itself will end though, it could just be the end of human and life as we now it today living on the world, but some species may evolve which is compaable with what we are turning the world into.

i guess that is why NASA and all those astronautical people are trying to find out if humans could live on a nother planet because they can see that this one isn't going to last forever. Whilst i don't think that many of us will be around to see the world become uninhabitable, we are all going to suffer the consequences of destroying our world during our lives.
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
November 10th, 2006 at 03:05am
If we keep living the way we do, major cities will be completely underwater, moving the population that survived inwards, overpopulating the world, creating more problems...it's basically a vicious cycle that needs to stop.

and there are ways to slow the process down.
cut down your carbon dioxide emissions
-walk!! my country has an obsesity problem, it seems to me like we could kill two birds with one stone.
- unplug electrical devices when your not using them
-turn off your computer at night. There's really no need to leave up an aim away message at 3 in the morning...

those are just some easy ones. I don't think we can deny global warming any more, we need to face the facts and change our ways before we destroy the world for the generations to come.
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
November 11th, 2006 at 07:31am
the end of the world = the end of our life
seven dollar bill
Killjoy
seven dollar bill
November 11th, 2006 at 11:25am
Everything must come to ashes. And to be honest, we probably will bring our own demise. But if not, the sun is always there in five million years. He's got our back.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
November 11th, 2006 at 11:32am
seven dollar bill:
But if not, the sun is always there in five million years. He's got our back.
The sun will burn out just like all stars do. It won't burn out anytime soon, but it will burn out eventually.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
November 11th, 2006 at 11:41am
^
Hopefully, by the time our sun is about to die out, scientists have already found a way to get another sun or some artificial sun.

I believe that the apocalypse won't be happening. Not now, at least.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 11th, 2006 at 12:20pm
yes its estimated that the Sun will run out of hydrogen in its core completely in about 5 million years from now. I kind of like the idea that everything will be distroyed and then it will start over again, it seems to make sense to me.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 11th, 2006 at 02:19pm
I think they just say that to scare us in my opinion..
But yeah eventually the world will end I dont know how ..
But the world keeps multiplying because people having babies so We dont know exactly when the world will end though.

Thats the best I can do with my explanation and opinion so.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 11th, 2006 at 09:42pm
Inseresting thread, hmm. Well everything has to end, and at the rate we're going.. .. well you know.. .. the whole global warming thing..

Did you know that cows produce and 8th of the worlds green-house gasses? Ew

And humans probably won't last to the end. I mean dinosaurs didnt.. ..
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
November 11th, 2006 at 11:07pm
I do believe that the way we take advantage of our earth is going to make it give in.

You can tell already that it is.
seven dollar bill
Killjoy
seven dollar bill
November 11th, 2006 at 11:35pm
x-tara-x:
seven dollar bill:
But if not, the sun is always there in five million years. He's got our back.
The sun will burn out just like all stars do. It won't burn out anytime soon, but it will burn out eventually.

Ack I worded that badly. I meant the sun is always there to kill us, eventually, in that it has our back in that respect. Sorry about the mix-up.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
November 12th, 2006 at 01:42am
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
yes its estimated that the Sun will run out of hydrogen in its core completely in about 5 million years from now. I kind of like the idea that everything will be distroyed and then it will start over again, it seems to make sense to me.
Correction: Not 5 million years, 5 billion years. The sun has lived 5 billion years already. It's life span is 10 billion years. The sun's got a long way to go.

I think humans will be extinct within those 5 billion years, though.
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
November 13th, 2006 at 06:41am
personally, yeah, i think the world's going to end. either by a big giant boom boom (the sun) OR we'll exhaust all our resources.

BUT, if the world ends because of the giant explosion, it'll be millions of years later. if we exhaust our resources/ global warming and whatnot, the world may be gone within this generation.

make your choice =\