Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
Ragdoll_Physics
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ragdoll_Physics
May 24th, 2007 at 02:56am
I think kids should be exposed to things that most people find inappropriate for young kids that's the way i grew up and I'm so glad i was it just makes growing up not so confusing and a lot easier. It might not be good for a lot of kids but i just think parents are to paranoid about what there kids see/listen too i mean they got to learn sometime and the sooner you see stuff the more time you have to learn and understand it. And I'm talking about anything from music to suicide or even eating disorders.
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 24th, 2007 at 02:59am
Erm younger kids like between the age of like 7-10 probably wont understand the concepts...but that shouldnt stop them from liking and listening to MCR...
operator sex.
Fabulous Killjoy
operator sex.
May 24th, 2007 at 12:21pm
it's such a embarresment to see like, 10 year olds liking them.

thats just my opinion.. it really pisses me off..
Rolling Eyes
bringmoreknives_x
Fabulous Killjoy
bringmoreknives_x
May 24th, 2007 at 10:34pm
nah, i don't think there is anything wrong with younger fans. i'm sixteen now, but i've been listening to them since I was twelve. my friend shyann, her sister is only four, and she loves MCR. she even met them in fresno and got to sing FLW to them. you may have seen it around youtube. :]. her name is Maddison
x Plastic Hearts.
Joining The Black Parade
x Plastic Hearts.
May 24th, 2007 at 11:49pm
i think it doesn't matter what age for you to like their music.
but it definitely matters what age to say that they saved your life.
and to understand the concepts and the lyrics and that.
because when i first heard mcr when i was 12 i think, i didn't totally pay attention to their music until later in the year when i was 13 and i matured more.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
May 25th, 2007 at 01:59am
I don't think a lot of the younger kids really grasp the content of the music. That doesn't mean they are less of a fan. I think they are still inspired in different ways. My younger cousin knows what the lyrics mean, but she doesn't connect with them (as most kids her age, wouldn't). She likes the band because they inspire her to become a better person and to do the things she loves without having to worry about what other people think. They are looked up to in so many ways, it's really amazing.
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
May 25th, 2007 at 02:08am
Well I was 11 when I first started listening to them. I had no idea what they meant, but I liked them. In a way, younger fans tend to be in it more for the music than the looks. So I like the little ones. Very Happy
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
May 25th, 2007 at 04:04am
my sister is 4 and she likes mcr. she loves 'Mama' and tries to sing it although she doesnt know english. Very Happy
rebel-in-black
Killjoy
rebel-in-black
May 25th, 2007 at 08:25am
thats kinda tough, i mean music is somthing alot of ppl relate too. i mean in my opinion. it dosent matter as longs is it makes ther person happy.
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
May 25th, 2007 at 08:27am
Lethal!!!Rejection:
Erm younger kids like between the age of like 7-10 probably wont understand the concepts...but that shouldnt stop them from liking and listening to MCR...

thats what i think
OMFG DAN!
Salute You in Your Grave
OMFG DAN!
May 25th, 2007 at 10:45am
XD I'm 11 and I started to listen to MCR when I was 8 or something and I actually understood most of the songs! My 6 yr old brother LOVES them and he also understands.
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
May 25th, 2007 at 11:14am
I have nieces who are 4 and 6.
They listen to My Chem but they dont really like it; mainly because it's a bit aggressive and they dont fully understand the concept of life and death yet. Though they have the same tastes as me. Im the music buff in the family, so Ive exposed them to all kinds of things. They love Green Day and Reel Big Fish right now, along with Black Eye Peas, Justin Timberlake and Gwen Stefani.

I think your never to young to listen to MCR or any type of music. How are you gonna know what you like until you try it?
Joey Ramone
Motor Baby
Joey Ramone
May 25th, 2007 at 03:55pm
i dont mind your age as long as you get what mcr is talking about, if you know what the meaning is of his music is, you know??

that always makes me mad when people listen to music and dont get the lyrics at all, they just say something like "it has a catchey tune". ughh!!! i can bang a chicken against the wall and make it catchy

music doesnt mean anything if you dont listen to the lyrics and understand why they wrote that song
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
May 25th, 2007 at 11:06pm
There are over dozens of young kindergarten fans here in my school...There's more 5 year old fans than 12 year olds here in school,sometimes it freaks me out when a kindergarten kid acts like an emo and sings My Chem's songs out loud...oh well...Shocked...

hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
July 12th, 2007 at 05:47am
x_early_x_sunsets_x:
My little sister is 9 and she says she loves them, but I think it's just because I like them and she copies almost everything I do. It's kinda sweet, but kinda annoying too.

i know what you mean but my sis is 9 and she wears an mcr tee to sleep almost everynight and cried when my mom told her that she couldent go to the concert Crying or Very sad im so proud
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
July 12th, 2007 at 05:49am
xoXtheseanceXox:
I think kids should be exposed to things that most people find inappropriate for young kids that's the way i grew up and I'm so glad i was it just makes growing up not so confusing and a lot easier. It might not be good for a lot of kids but i just think parents are to paranoid about what there kids see/listen too i mean they got to learn sometime and the sooner you see stuff the more time you have to learn and understand it. And I'm talking about anything from music to suicide or even eating disorders.

i totally agree with you like bad words kids will eventually hear it anyways
bobrox
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bobrox
July 12th, 2007 at 05:54am
i dont think its bad they send out a good message
as long as the kid isnt singing teenagers as loud as she can at school i think its ok
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
Fabulous Killjoy
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
July 12th, 2007 at 06:02am
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Umm I'm only saying this cause I'm quite a young fan, lol. But I cuss myself and I act much older than I am like I'll randomly say KINDERSEX...when I shouldn't talk bout that stuff...*ahem*...
Godzilla
Banned
Godzilla
July 12th, 2007 at 06:52am
I think kids of a lot younger age do understand it more now than say if they were kids in the 90's. I say that because of 9/11 and the war. Death is a lot more real and out there for kids to see than when the majority of us grew up in the 80's or 90's.
FuckinDinoRawr
Banned
FuckinDinoRawr
July 12th, 2007 at 08:59am
I have a brother that's 10 and he listens to it. It isn't really bad, I usually just tell him to NEVER say those bad words until you get to my age XD