Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
Richelle-the-Ripper;
Joining The Black Parade
Richelle-the-Ripper;
July 12th, 2007 at 09:49am
i started listening to them when i was around 11.
and my parents totally tried to cut me off from them.
so i think if young people like it, let them listen =]
Skittles.Vampire.
Joining The Black Parade
Skittles.Vampire.
July 12th, 2007 at 02:26pm
Well, it's better than a 10 year old listening to something like...The Pussycat Dolls or something...at least mcr doesnt promote sluttiness or anything...
Well, that's just my opinion anyway
But I think that younger kids may have trouble understanding the lyrics..
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
Fabulous Killjoy
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
July 15th, 2007 at 05:49am
i understand the lyrics fine.
dinosore.
Bleeding on the Floor
dinosore.
July 15th, 2007 at 06:16am
I started listening to them when I was almost 12. But I understood them and all, it's just that everyone labels me a "teenie" or "wannabee" or they son't know about my obsession.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
July 15th, 2007 at 02:34pm
the younger fans might be first attracted to mcr cos of the music and how it sounds and stuff but they probably start to understand it more as they get older. and thats fine.

as theyre not a tEeN!3 i dont really mind..
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
Fabulous Killjoy
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
July 16th, 2007 at 12:09am
i think it's fully possible for a young fan to like them and not be a teenie or poser. Look at me for example. I'm neither.
As for the lyrics, concepts, and point of the band, I understand fully.
I also understand the point of dressing the way I do and liking the music I do. Maybe it's because I'm more mature-minded. But as you can see i'm apparantly not like most young fans. So for the people that think young fans are teenies, posers, and don't understand this band at all--first of all, i'm living proof you're wrong, and second of all, no one should judge people on their age.
I'm not nagging, this is just my opinion.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 16th, 2007 at 12:18am
I babysit 2 girls, 3/4 nights a week. Jessica is 11, and she's the most girlie girl you will ever meet, I see MCR come on Kerrang! or something and she's all like "Ugh I hate them, they're so lame" But I also babysit Katie, who's 6, she absolutely LOVES them, I got her obsessed I think haha. She knows every word to I Don't Love You and Teenagers. I'm so proud of her. She doesn't understand the lyrics or anything, but hey, she's a new fan. lol Mr. Green
Riff Raff
Killjoy
Riff Raff
July 16th, 2007 at 01:20am
Starlight.:
I think it depends on how mature the kid is, if they're mature enough then sure.

I agree with you.I've known a lot of kids that are very mature for their age
I think it is OK to like MCR if you are under the age of 13.I'm 12-years old and
I can understand the meaning of MCR's songs.
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
Fabulous Killjoy
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
July 16th, 2007 at 02:48am
^^ I agree completely as well. That was the whole point of my opinion.
It's Lyn-z!
Demolition Lover
It's Lyn-z!
July 16th, 2007 at 04:08am
the younger ones are annoying when they only know the hits

and when they sing along and dont know the words

and when they think they can relate to what gerard says
its like ummm no you dont , your 10, shut up
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
Fabulous Killjoy
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
July 16th, 2007 at 05:26am
as all you, my fellow INOians know, i'm not like that ^^....sorry for so many posts. Lol. Sometimes i feel like this is an offense, even though i'm not like the young fans you speak of. Lol.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
July 17th, 2007 at 03:41am
My ten year old cousin loves the band. She understands their lyrics and concepts very well.
Damage Control.
Salute You in Your Grave
Damage Control.
August 7th, 2007 at 04:00am
I really don't think it matters. If you can appreciate the music and the lyrics, what does it matter what age you are? I'm 13, but I can analyze the lyrics with the best of 'em. Whenever I'm on the computer and talking to other MCR fans and they can't see my age they usually assume I'm at least 17. So if you determine who should listen to what by their maturity level, age doesn't really count.
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
August 7th, 2007 at 04:09am
i babysit 4 kids from 2 different families one is 8 and he loves teenagers but thats it the other family of 3 has 2 girls 12 and 10 and they both love my chem and the 7 year old boy well he doesnt really kno what he likes but younger kids liking them doesnt bother me
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 09:00pm
I'm 13,I wonder if anyone thinks that's too young? I don't, I really "Appreciate" the lyrics and concepts. I think musically,as well as lyrically they are freakishly talented. I'm not sure what else I could say to defend younger fans,yes some of them just thing Ger@1d is hot and that Helena has a good beat. And if that's true then good for them,let them enjoy that. Truthfully I got into MCR because of INOIP and my friend kept talking about how hot Gerard was.)Of course I agreed with her Wink ). But when it reaches the point that you're crying over something and want to harm yourself,you turn on My Chem and it calms you down. Then I think that's the "true fan" time. No matter your age.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 7th, 2007 at 09:12pm
xxburyyourfriendsxx:
the younger ones are annoying when they only know the hits

and when they sing along and dont know the words

and when they think they can relate to what gerard says
its like ummm no you dont , your 10, shut up

Just because you can't relate to his lyrics doesn't mean you can't be a fan. I love Helena, but I've never had someone close to me die. Does that mean I'm not allowed to like the song?
And I never understood the concept of 'teenie'. Whether or not they know more then the hits does not make them any less of a fan. Being a fan means liking the band, liking their music, be it the ones everyone hears or not. Even if they tend to only talk about Gerard, that doesn't mean they don't like the band.

Actually, to be honest, Gerard's appearence is what got me into the band. Once I got past that, I began to really appreciate the music. Now look at me! xD

Back on topic, I think that it's definitely okay for younger kids to listen. It's perfectly fine. What is innocence anymore? There isn't any. Death is more apparent then anything.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
August 7th, 2007 at 09:43pm
... ... ...

I feel so old. At least, around here I do.

The youngest kid I actually know who listens to them (she likes their music, but isn't all gaga over them) is 12. However, at the show I went to, I saw people of all ages. Mainly they averaged between, say, 14 and 17 (which seems young to me, because I'm in my 20's), but I saw several kids younger than that - one little boy (maybe 10-ish) was with his older brother (maybe 13 or 14) and their mom, and one little, little girl (seriously, this child couldn't have been more than 6 or 7) with her dad. And then I also saw kids my age (yeah, I still think I'm a kid at 23 - hell, I think Gerard and Ray are still kids at 30) and older.

I think it's cool if they can get into it, whether just for the music (which is what first attracted me) or for the themes and lyrics, or just because they think Gerard Way is dreamy (because I feel certain some little girls feel this way, and that's okay... Because he is. Very Happy).

As long as what they're hearing isn't bothering them in any way (like the so-called "Emo" kids who use bands like My Chem to get negative attention, hurt themselves, etc.), and their parents don't mind them hearing this sort of language, then power to them.

I also think it's good for them to get a taste of music that's not just rap or R&B, which is so popular right now that it makes me want to puke. Besides, I find it far more disturbing to see a little kid getting into rappers who actually have criminal records and such (Honestly, just how many rap stars in the past few years have been involved in murder? Too many for me to count.) At least MCR's music tends to give you a sense of hope.
You Mother Franker.
Jazz Hands
You Mother Franker.
August 8th, 2007 at 01:53am
my sis is 11. but she only likes the new stuff. lol.
Starlite Decay.
Bleeding on the Floor
Starlite Decay.
August 8th, 2007 at 06:56pm
Well.
Im fine with the younger fans, because i got into MCR when i was 9 or 10, because i have older cousins, and they introduced me to a lot of the music i listen to.

but unfortunately, my obsession led my little 8 year old brother to start stealing my ipod and listening to them.
and now he likes them.
and i feel really mean/selfish/stupid for saying this, but i really wish he didnt like them.
because i have to share EVERYTHING with him, and MCR was the one thing that was just mine and now i have to share that with him too.

i dont mind if other people like MCR but its just my brother...
i dunno if anyone else feels like that...or if its just me..
MCRisforeversavingme
Killjoy
MCRisforeversavingme
August 12th, 2007 at 04:07am
i dont think people who are like 10 should listen 2 it unless they understand it or can at least understand what they r saying, i know i wouldnt have been able 2 when i was that age. my little sister shes 11, is starting 2 like them, and i dont lke it b/c shes like doing, litsening 2 everything i do. i wear converse, she wants some, i listen 2 mcr, she wants 2, i got an iPod for my b day and my mom is buying her a shuffle ( i got a nano, but its still an iPod) witch isnt fair b/c now im not gonnna be the only one who can bribe everyone 2 do stuff with it.