Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 12th, 2007 at 05:51am
young mcr fans are great but i just fear the lyrics there listening to are too intense for them and the concept behind the songs
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
August 12th, 2007 at 10:06am
I saw a buch of kids with MCR Shirts at PR. It was great Very Happy
weakerthan
Fabulous Killjoy
weakerthan
August 12th, 2007 at 11:03am
I'm not sure what the question is asking. Are you asking whether it is right for them to be listening to it because of language, and concepts in general [including other things, not just MCR], or because they aren't old enough to understand the message that MCR in particular are trying to deliver? Or both?

xoxo
AprilViolence
Killjoy
AprilViolence
August 13th, 2007 at 01:15pm
I think it's okay for young kids to listen and like MCR, mainly because kids tend to really really appreciate music. However, I think the music and lyrics mean a whole lot more to the older fans who have been through a lot more in our lives and can relate (or think we're relating) to the music on a much deeper level.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
August 13th, 2007 at 01:31pm
I have no problem with that. Since I was one of them a couple of years ago. Cheese

I was hooked to their music when I was 11 or 12. :]
Phil Tayag
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Phil Tayag
August 13th, 2007 at 05:38pm
When I watch my nephews, I let them listen to MCR. They are between the ages of three and nine. Of course, they just like to shred air guitar and play invisible drums, they don't really listen to the words. If they do, they never ask about them, and when that time comes, I'll try my best to explain things.
rollertoaster
Fabulous Killjoy
rollertoaster
August 13th, 2007 at 06:39pm
I have alot of younger family members that like MCR, I don't see whats wrong with it personally

I got into MCR when I was... 10?

I didn't understand any of it, but I still loved them. Lol.
ciar.
Shotgun Sinner
ciar.
August 14th, 2007 at 12:37pm
Apart from the swearing and such. I think its fine. Im quite young myself, it's never affected me. My little sister [who's 6] likes MCR. At the concert in March there was a boy behind me about 7/8, playing air guitar. And further down the row from me was a girl who was about 8/9 screaming her head off.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
August 16th, 2007 at 09:24pm
i personally don't think there's anything wrong with it
it depends on the parents really,if they mind their kids listening to music with swearing and what not in at that age or not.
theresiahs.
Bleeding on the Floor
theresiahs.
August 16th, 2007 at 10:11pm
I don't mind actually... Well, it is very annoying if they don't know the meaning of the songs and the concept behind the songs, and all that... But, I'm fine with 'kids' liking MCR, as long it's what they really want to listen to... but still it's really, like, I'm not into listening to music without knowing the meaning/the concepts and all that... so... I find it... terrible.
Way1203
Fabulous Killjoy
Way1203
August 16th, 2007 at 10:26pm
The way i see it is you shouldn't listen to it if you dont' know what they're saying, if you understand what they're saying but you don't know the meaning behind it, cause i would'nt've at a young age. It's just like little ones who listen to Green Day and don't understand what it means.
helena24
Fabulous Killjoy
helena24
August 16th, 2007 at 10:51pm
I guess it all comes down to maturity, not the age. I mean, if they can understand the lyrics, the concepts and the meaning of MCR and not take it in a completely wrong way, I guess I'm fine with it. And even if they just like the beat of the songs that's fine as well. (as long you don't have you 8 year old cousin screaming 'teenagers scare the living shit out of me' in front of their parents)
Way1203
Fabulous Killjoy
Way1203
August 16th, 2007 at 11:25pm
helena24:
I guess it all comes down to maturity, not the age. I mean, if they can understand the lyrics, the concepts and the meaning of MCR and not take it in a completely wrong way, I guess I'm fine with it. And even if they just like the beat of the songs that's fine as well. (as long you don't have you 8 year old cousin screaming 'teenagers scare the living shit out of me' in front of their parents)

that too
weakerthan
Fabulous Killjoy
weakerthan
September 11th, 2007 at 05:02pm
I'm not sure what the question is asking. Are you asking whether it is right for them to be listening to it because of language, and concepts in general [including other things, not just MCR], or because they aren't old enough to understand the message that MCR in particular are trying to deliver? Or both?

xoxo
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
September 11th, 2007 at 05:25pm
Well gerard way said that he was up to encourage fans of all ages thats why he doesn't want age restrictions at their concerts.
I think its cool if there are younger mcr fans, I mean I think at that age you don't really understand the concept or the actual lyrics but thats something you learn while you get older and become more mature. As long as the younger child doesn't start shouting swear words or whatever because they had heard them in the songs and not really knew what they meant then yeah its cool. But also most parents should listen to the cd first to see if its appropiate for the younger child to listen to. It's up to the parents, after a certain age you become more independent and your parents wont feel the need to listen to the cd before hand because you're mature enough to listen to the content yourself.
deadinsideandout
Killjoy
deadinsideandout
September 12th, 2007 at 02:12am
My baby brother was watching the I Don't Love You video with me. Then he started singing it. And he's 3!!! I started loving it when I was 9. Now, I'm 12. And I still love them. Hell, I'm OBSESSED! But, my big brother gets really annoyed when I start telling him stuff about MCR though! Well, he's 16. And he's really groggy.
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
September 12th, 2007 at 02:23am
Raven of Azarath:
My younger sister, 10, could have chosen anything or anyone to do her PowerPoint presentation on for school. Whom does she choose? You got it, Gerard Way. So I was just wondering what you people thought about these young fans. Are they too young to be listening to the language and concepts in these MCR cds?

Some of the stuff they're saying I think is too.. not adult, but too heavy for younger kids. My little sister's (she's 10) eyes still get all big whenever she hears anyone swear, even though she swears at me. *shrug*
Malicia
Salute You in Your Grave
Malicia
September 12th, 2007 at 09:39am
I think I wouldn't want my kids to sing the swearwords and that kinda stuff in English if that was their mother tongue. My mom would look at me a bit strangely if she'd know what I'm singing.. Laughing But it really is different for me 'cause no one in our house except me understands those lyrics. It's great that very young kids like 4-8 like MCR. Maybe they get something we don't about the lyrics Very Happy
lessthanthree.
Always Born a Crime
lessthanthree.
October 4th, 2007 at 02:53am
I agree with most other people here, it just depends on the person.
I understand the lyrics and what they're about. I'm only 11, but I've always been smart for my age. Most of my friends (who are all my age) probably wouldn't understand most of it, they'd probably just think "oh, this is a song about some dead guy." My 9 year old sister says she likes MCR a little bit, but she thinks that every song is about death. She never really pays attention to what songs mean.
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
October 4th, 2007 at 03:00am
lyrics/concepts of mcr affecting young fans. i hope that they do! this world is going to shit, and the only ray of fucking sunshine i see anywhere is mcr who don't give a shit about what anyone thinks!!!!!! i wanna know who makes up what is right and what is wrong!!!!!!! fuck. four letters! who cares! shit ass damn bitch!! letters put into lyrics put into songs that change ppls lives! they stopped me from being suicidal and i have the scars on my wrists to fucking prove it!!!!!!!!!!