Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 5th, 2008 at 09:53am
Hello Gerard Way...:
I, for one, think pre-marital sex is wrong. Sex is only done after the holy union of Marriage, not just for one's own selfish personal fullfilment. You guys kept saying "if you love that person, then sure, have sex", but do you really know if it is Love?

But what if the person you have pre marital sex with is the one you do marry?

How is being in a serious, commited relationship different from being married?
Some people have been married before and know that they don't want to go down that root again, for whichever reason they see appropriate. For others, marriage isn't for them. But if you've been with your partner a long while and know you want to spend the rest of your life with them, why not?

I don't believe that sex is selfish unless it is used to intentionally hurt another for your own personal gain. If you believe sex is right for the both of you at the time you do it, that is not selfish since both partners know what they are getting themselves into.

If you marry someone who's already had sex, why should that make a difference about how you feel about them? Love is strong and the amount of sexual partners you've had should not affect it. I can see certain paranoia aspects to a person if their wife/husband has slept with many people but you should trust and love them not to do the same to you.

Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
January 7th, 2008 at 01:22pm
Painful Reality:
SO incredibly different that I cannot even begin to describe it. Suffice it to say, they are light night and day. But regardless, I agree with FrerardSex who said that a legal document should not be required for having sex.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
January 7th, 2008 at 06:22pm
I feel that yes pre-marital sex is wrong, but I also belive in living life to its fullest, and if that means making some mistakes along the way. I say go for it. You dont know what might happen tomorrow. but I will say this - be safe dont so anything rash. make sure its what you want befor you go out and just "do" anyone.
mcrjoanna
Killjoy
mcrjoanna
January 8th, 2008 at 05:17am
I think its ok as long as u know the person and it anit just a one night stand
metalslugx
Killjoy
metalslugx
January 8th, 2008 at 06:36am
i think its fine even having a kids. i don't know...im weird haha...i want to have a family before marry..lol
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
January 8th, 2008 at 02:02pm
tbh the way i've been brought up its kinda like the idea that sex should be saved for marraige was unimportant,
i mean i was born out of wedlock and nobody cared
my parents got married when i was three
and becuase they've now split up i think my mum really regrets marrying him,
she says she felt pressured by some of our more religious family members that because she had a kis with him she had to marry him
if that makes any sense

so i think that if people are against pre-maritial sex then its bad,
because even if they dont have a kid
its like pressure to make them get marriedd

^sorry if that made no sense Smile

xx
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
January 8th, 2008 at 06:39pm
Honestly,sex before marriage is bad because it could result in a unwanted pregnancy but people have urges.
Most people have sex before marriage.
In my religion its is bad. (catholic)
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 8th, 2008 at 07:40pm
Do you believe sex before marriage is good or bad?
I think it's fine, you don't have to be married to want to have kids. My grandparents still aren't married, and they've been together 60 years. So I personally believe it's okay.

Does your religion prevent sex before marriage?
No, because I'm very much so a believer in free taoism and independent thinking.

How do you think society impacts on young adolescents who have sex before marriage - and in what ways might they regret it?
Adolescents are a different story. You can still have sex before marriage, and you aren't necessarily 13. I do think having sex at an age where you are not responsible is a bad thing. However, a person can be responsible at almost any age, it's just an understanding of the consequences that might happen and the maturity to face it. I have a friend who is 16, and she is having a baby, not because she was stupid, but because she wanted to. Society looks down on her, but she knows she wanted the baby. She's mature, and has a plan worked out that will ensure her and her child's future. Not many adolescents have this maturity, which leads to a lot of regret and depression, I think. The regrets come in many ways, but I think the main one would be caused by society's excluding views.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
January 9th, 2008 at 01:50pm
Die Romantic.:
Honestly,sex before marriage is bad because it could result in a unwanted pregnancy
Sex AFTER marriage could also result in an unwanted pregnancy. I'm married but I would be in huge trouble if I became pregnant right now. My husband and I work way too much. We'd never be able to take care of a child, plus financially we cannot afford to have a family right now. A baby would seriously wreck havok on our lives. Just remember, before you judge, that unwanted children happen to married people too. Therefore, I think it's unfair to say premarital sex bad just because of that one reason.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 9th, 2008 at 01:59pm
Beeblebrox:
Painful Reality:
SO incredibly different that I cannot even begin to describe it. Suffice it to say, they are light night and day. But regardless, I agree with FrerardSex who said that a legal document should not be required for having sex.

Sorry, the point I was getting at was exactly that of 'FrerardSex', my question was just worded wrong. What I meant was: being in a serious, committed relationship and having sex is just as right as having sex whilst being married.
ALLIEmazing
Fabulous Killjoy
ALLIEmazing
January 9th, 2008 at 03:17pm
I believe that pre-marital sex isnt necessarily good or bad. I mean, if you know you love the person & youre planning on your relationship actually going somewhere, i think its okay. UNLESS you get pregnant, then i think the boy & girl should take responsibility for their actions and do something about it. I also think its bad because of the consequences you must face. Like: what if something goes wrong? you must have a plan or idea of what to do incase of mishap.
Beth.
Devil's Got Your Number
Beth.
January 14th, 2008 at 07:30am
I think that pre-marital sex is ok but I think it's best to wear protection because I think that children should be born with married parents.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
January 14th, 2008 at 06:05pm
I'm not particularly religious and don't really see why pre-marital sex is wrong, I'm not saying it's okay to sleep around and have loads of meaningless one night stands with people you hardly know but if a couple are in a loving relationship then why shouldn't they have sex?
I've been sent to a catholic school and we discussed this in year 11. The teacher was completely against it and used the typical argument of unwanted pregnancy etc
I agree with Beeblebrox on that one.
my opinion is why should a piece of paper dictate when a pregnancy is wanted/unwanted?
Some people would just rather not marry and are perfectly happy to have a family and live together without saying vows to prove their love to one another.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
January 15th, 2008 at 03:57pm
mcrxxlover:
dont be a whore

Yeah. Don't be incompetent and read the rules. Grow a brain cell or two as well.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 18th, 2008 at 08:08am
this is something im not too sure about.
i guess, id like to wait for marriage, cos id love to have saved myself for my husband, and my husband saved himself for me. i think itd be so sweet. but, i guess its up to the person. as long as they dont sleep around, im ok with sex before marriage,
but i still think in some form of a relationship is best.
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 19th, 2008 at 06:20pm
I think it's okay, as long as they don't have kids. Because the kid's view on their parents will reflect what they do. Plus, it's better to be in a serious relationship before having kids, like being married, and actually living in a place of their own. But other than having kids, it's okay.
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
January 19th, 2008 at 06:21pm
I think it's okay, as long as they don't have kids. Because the kid's view on their parents will reflect what they do. Plus, it's better to be in a serious relationship before having kids, like being married, and actually living in a place of their own. But other than having kids, it's okay.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
January 19th, 2008 at 06:53pm
^why do you have to be married in order to be in a serious enough relationship to have kids?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 19th, 2008 at 11:09pm
Sucre Vengeance:

Pfft, that's ridiculous in this day and age.

You don't need a contract to have a child. Being shamed because you have a child out of wedlock might have been "all the rage" in the 1950s, but nowadays it's prefectly normal. And it suits some couples to have children out of wedlock, because they may not want to marry. They may not believe in it.

Having children should not, and will not be, restricted to people who want to marry. Marriage after all is a religious ceremony [traditionally], and not everyone is religious.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 21st, 2008 at 07:05am
i personally think marriage or a long-term relationship is best for children. but as long as the couple are happy & willing... thats ok.