Don't have an account? Create one!

Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
bringmoreknives_x
Fabulous Killjoy
bringmoreknives_x
May 19th, 2007 at 12:37pm
my dad is fine with me going to concerts because he has been to thousands, and knows if you're careful that there is really no danger. i suggest going with a friend. tell your parents that there is safety in numbers. explain to them what a concert is like and try to make it sound as harmless as possible :]. possibly go and check out the arena, and make promises that you'll be responsible. or uh, let them wait in the parking lot during the show if it makes them feel better. it really depends on why your parents won't let you go. the crowd at MCR concerts are usually kind and helpful, by the way. Very Happy
thecalling
Killjoy
thecalling
May 19th, 2007 at 06:08pm
Another one from the flip side - I took my 10yr old daughter, 12 yr old son, and my wife with me (yeah, me, I'm the biggest MCR fan in the house...Daughter's a close second and passing fast) to the Thursday show here in Edmonton.

As soon as we got the tickets, I had to get a second copy of the CD so we could all listen. I didn't hide any of it, and it's not the "clean" version...the kids are very responsible, and know the line between what they hear and what's appropriate to say, and we don't believe in hiding the world from them...so long as they keep being responsible about their experiences.

When the kids have been to a few more concerts with us, and they're a little older, we'll easily be willing to let them go on their own...again, as long as they're showing they're responsible enough to handle it. They know well enough to stay out of the mosh pit until they're quite a bit older...and bigger.
xtrinketx
Fabulous Killjoy
xtrinketx
May 19th, 2007 at 09:31pm
i would say would your rather my go to a concert or start doing drugs... b/c there is worse things you could be doing then going to a show
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
May 20th, 2007 at 03:21pm
I guess I'm very lucky. My mom never stopped me from going to a concert. She went to them when she was a teenager so she let me go. And she can't be a hypocrite when she kept the ticket stubs. If I lived with my dad (who is a HUGE hypocrite and would never let me go) I'd just not tell him about the concert and say I'm going to sleep over a friend's house for the night. He'd believe it but this trick could backfire if your parents aren't idiots.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
May 20th, 2007 at 03:57pm
well my mum is fine with me seeing shows as long as they are either on friday or saturday (this is because i dont have school the next day) if its in the holidays it obviously doesnt matter
when mcr first gave out their tour dates and wembley was on a thursday i was like yes! at first then i told my mum and she was like ermmmmm what about school the next day and how are you going to get down there after school blah blah blah
so yeh i couldnt get presale because she was still deciding whether i could go or not so the next day came and then someone i knew emailed me saying she had got tickets and she started rubbing it in so i told my mum and she felt sorry for me and let me go Very Happy woohoo!
and of course the friday after the show i was still hyped up from the concert i wasnt tired so hopefully she will let me go to concerts during the week again so i dont miss out..
my dad is fine with me going to concerts because he says "you have to do these things" he regrets not seeing queen so yeh wants me to go to as many concerts as possible so i dont have any regrets.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
May 20th, 2007 at 07:18pm
my mom is like okay you can go as long as its alright with your dad.i ask my dad and he asks for detail.where,and when.so the when part is always okay with him.but when its where its an issue.i can go to concerts by myself im old enough to,but i have over protective parents and i cant change my parents so i just have to do as they say no matter how much i know i'll regret it.now my friends and i are all going to concerts and travling this summer together.so i hope i go to concerts with my fathers approval of where it is.because my dads afraid of the causes of concerts weather i'll get there on time,traffic,how far it is.i dont know why he's so concern but he says "i used to go to so many concerts and my mom was like okay but when something happened i had to deal with it". so i guess his wisdom is wise
last summer.
Joining The Black Parade
last summer.
May 28th, 2007 at 12:48pm
I really wanna go to a mcr concert next week and i wanna go with some friends. but my parenst dont allow me to go. i tried almost everything people said in this thread, but nothing will help Sad
anyone any ideas?
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
May 28th, 2007 at 06:20pm
murderxxscene7:
I really wanna go to a mcr concert next week and i wanna go with some friends. but my parenst dont allow me to go. i tried almost everything people said in this thread, but nothing will help Sad
anyone any ideas?

just tell them you'll be responsible when you go to the concert,that your oold enough to go and that its the concert you've been waiting for forever and you really dont want it to go by.try that out.
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
June 1st, 2007 at 02:42pm
Ugh. I want my mum to drive me to Wembley when they come back here but she's too fricken scared she's gonna damage the goddamn car. So we now have no-one to take us [me and my friend] cos her dad already took us last time and he wont do it again...and my mum wont let me and my friend get the train..and God...
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:03am
My dad is pretty cool with things like this, I ask him and he’s usually like “its fine with me, but u have to ask your mum”. Mum is seriously over protective, trying to convince her to let me go to TOC is really hard. Im like “but Laura is going” (Laura is a friend from school). This doesn’t work either. Im trying to be really nice to them, but its still not working.
When green day were on their world tour, with MCR, they wouldn’t let me go. But back then I was still a (little) kid. But I gave up too easily, coz I thought I would never be able to convince them.
In march, this year, I managed to convince them to let me go to the fall out boy concert. My dad took me and my friend. It was all good. And there was this little girl who was probably about 5 or 6 who was like really small and she was there, (with her parents of course). She was all gothed-up,(it was kinda scary. She was more hardcore than half the fans there. Lol.) So now when they don’t let me go im like, “yeah, but that little kid was there…”. (Lol.)
They kinda know now that if MCR or FOB come back here, I have to go. They know I will die if I don’t. FOB are coming on September 28, and I have told them already that MCR are coming at the end of the year (we don’t actually know if its true or not), but at least if they say “yes” now, I don’t have to worry about it later. So, im kinda just assuming that I will go.
O well
acid pops
Always Born a Crime
acid pops
June 4th, 2007 at 04:08pm
xtrinketx:
i would say would your rather my go to a concert or start doing drugs... b/c there is worse things you could be doing then going to a show
Hehe I should try that.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
June 18th, 2007 at 11:14pm
lol when i went to the concert with my mom , she said that she had a bad time because of this two teenagers in front of us , she got into a fight with them ,after the concert,she said when are they comin back???

maybe you can find a way to convince her how great they are.....or say that its your b-day gift for the next two years,(thats how i got to the concert and my guitar)
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
Fabulous Killjoy
XxFrankieXxJuniorXx
July 3rd, 2007 at 06:27pm
my mom usually is cool with these things...she even thinks Gerard is pretty cute as well...sooo...hehehe I went to an MCR concert in April....and I'm going to Projekt Revolution in August
if you parents say no, bug them every day. I was so excited I bugged my mom every day even though she said she'll try to take me...haha...i wasn't actually excited (whispers in ear) I didn't want her to forget about it...LOL
btw, about Gerard's...sexualness...haha....sometimes he actually DOESNT do things like that. He didn't do it at mine (I was actually hoping he wouldn't, because it's very uncomfortable when you're right next to your mom)...and i'm only 11 really so i cant understand y'all's parents!!! ^__^
MCRvampire27
Killjoy
MCRvampire27
July 4th, 2007 at 05:06pm
i went to a MCR concert in march and it was a tuesday on a school night, my dad actually let me go!
normally he wouldnt let me go but here's what i did................
i bought the tickets at hottopic with out telling him and then a couple days befor the concert i told him i already bought the ticket and it would be a wast of money if i didnt go, so.............................................
he let me go! it was awsome!

surprisingly he's also taking me to project revolution in july!
The Argyle Trombone?
Killjoy
The Argyle Trombone?
July 14th, 2007 at 01:26am
I go with my best friend's older brother who's 18, and I say that he is a responsible adult (yeah right). And say that he'll keep me out of trouble (yeah right) and drive me there in his expensive car, listening to Bach (yeah right).

Yeah but my mom won't let me go to the warped tour because its all the way out in the gorge (all the way across state) and that I'm going to camp anyway so...
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:34am
Well this si the first concert I'm attending..but my mom didnt care...as long as I have a ride there and I giver her details....but I she got my tickets for my B-day which was months ago! So i dont know if she'd pay if it was just a whatever date like in Feb...but hen I could say its an early b-day present....so I guess I could go to any cocnert as long as i have someoen to go with and a way there and back

[HURRAY FOR BIRTHDAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR]
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
July 26th, 2007 at 04:51am
Xx_mcr_saved_me_xX:
i hope crying works for me

Honey, that didn't work for me.
I wouldn't advise it, it just p-ssed her off. But then, my mom seems like she's PMSing every day.

Neutral
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
July 26th, 2007 at 10:38am
My mom doesn't care. She's never had any concerns beforre =]
gerardislove
Fabulous Killjoy
gerardislove
July 26th, 2007 at 10:34pm
my mom doesn't really care...
MyUsedRomanceBoy
Fabulous Killjoy
MyUsedRomanceBoy
August 1st, 2007 at 11:14pm
I cried ,begged,pleaded and used the fact that my mom enjoyed another concert she took me to.But it all came down to finding awesome seats on ticketmaster and then she let me buy them,There's 16 days before the show