Don't have an account? Create one!

Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
July 10th, 2007 at 11:14pm
It was in an interview in late 2005.

Some reporter said to Gerard, "You've been playing a new song on the tour. Can you tell us what it's about?" or something.
And Gerard replied, "I think it's pretty obvious to work out who it's written about, and that's all I'm going to say", or something to that effect.

Not to mention that at this time people were speculating that it was about Bert - you know, cos it was still called "Shut Up & Play" then.
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
July 11th, 2007 at 12:40am
mccrack.:
I think they were soul-mates.
Not in the "omg let's get married sex sex sex" kind of way.
I think they were two men who just clicked. A pair of bestfriends who loved each other, as bestfriends do.
They were only friends for less than three years, and look how deep their relationship went.
Gerard was always happy and giggling when Bert was near him.
Bert would smile at him in a doting fashion - "Man, that guy makes me feel so good" (Bert about Gerard in late '04.)

And look at the songs they have written about each other.
Yes, Bert's are angry. But doesn't it show that he's still thinking about him? The fact that Bert references him so often, doesn't that prove that he constantly has Gerard on his mind?

And Gerard's songs about Bert: "We laughed so hard, it would sting". Doesn't that sound wonderful? Think about all those times you've been with your friends and they've made you laugh so hard, your drink came out of your nose. Aren't they lovely memories that make you smile?

Yes, I think they were soul mates, just like I believe my best friend and I are soul mates.

In conclusion;
"You're the one that I need, I'm the one that you loathe."
Gerard still needs Bert; Bert's pissed off at him. He might as well be singing, "Bert's the one that I need, I'm the one that he loathes."

It's sad that they cannot make up.
It's sad Bert won't forgive Gerard.
It's sad to think about happy they could be right now, if they just gave it another chance.

That. Was beautiful. Seriously. I'm like..on the verge of tears here.
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
July 11th, 2007 at 12:50am
i wish bert and gerard would just give it another chance
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 11th, 2007 at 02:45am
I'm sitting here crying in my cereal now. That was so beautifully tragic, Lik! Awww can't we just kidnap them both, tie them up together ala "The Ref" and refuse to let them out until they emerge again with love in their eyes?
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
July 11th, 2007 at 04:10am
Lik's theory > every other.

;_;
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
July 11th, 2007 at 10:20am
I'm really trying to keep faith that they will become friends again. Yes
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 11th, 2007 at 11:35am
BeckyxCookies:
mccrack.:
I think they were soul-mates.
Not in the "omg let's get married sex sex sex" kind of way.
I think they were two men who just clicked. A pair of bestfriends who loved each other, as bestfriends do.
They were only friends for less than three years, and look how deep their relationship went.
Gerard was always happy and giggling when Bert was near him.
Bert would smile at him in a doting fashion - "Man, that guy makes me feel so good" (Bert about Gerard in late '04.)

And look at the songs they have written about each other.
Yes, Bert's are angry. But doesn't it show that he's still thinking about him? The fact that Bert references him so often, doesn't that prove that he constantly has Gerard on his mind?

And Gerard's songs about Bert: "We laughed so hard, it would sting". Doesn't that sound wonderful? Think about all those times you've been with your friends and they've made you laugh so hard, your drink came out of your nose. Aren't they lovely memories that make you smile?

Yes, I think they were soul mates, just like I believe my best friend and I are soul mates.

In conclusion;
"You're the one that I need, I'm the one that you loathe."
Gerard still needs Bert; Bert's pissed off at him. He might as well be singing, "Bert's the one that I need, I'm the one that he loathes."

It's sad that they cannot make up.
It's sad Bert won't forgive Gerard.
It's sad to think about happy they could be right now, if they just gave it another chance.

That. Was beautiful. Seriously. I'm like..on the verge of tears here.

I am in fucking tears! Fuck... Jesus Christ...

(omg INO has a spell checker! That wasn't there before! Back to crying...)
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
July 11th, 2007 at 07:22pm
Lik's theory makes so much sense.
a lot of Lik's theories make sense.
i can remember GerKat...ah, back in the good old days. i loved that theory.
i've thought for a while that gerard and bert had something going on, beyond just platonic friendship.
ditto with the whole, they should try again, thing. but is it realistic to think it'll happen after all this time?
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
July 11th, 2007 at 09:25pm
Pray child! Pray!
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
July 12th, 2007 at 12:03am
Stolen Baby On Board:
Pray child! Pray!

oh, i will be Wink.

[cannot believe Lik got banned.
hmm.]
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
July 12th, 2007 at 12:35am
Lik's theory makes more sense than the "Bert and Gerard getting gay for each other" one, but it's still nice to think about..

and totally possible Mr. Green
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 12th, 2007 at 12:50am
I don't know, I lean on the Bert loved Gee theory. The boys made out when they thought no one was looking, yet they called it a staged relationship. Originally, Bert said that the boys were together until Gerard said that he was lying and just did things for fun.

We know that Gerard loved Bert as a friend. We also know that Bert took a serious interest in Gee, which elevated to the point of violent obsession after they stopped being "friends".

Another curious theory is that Bert loved Gee and Gee used him, which makes a lot of sense because of how popular MyChem got after being under The Useds wing. Gee was willing to follow with Bert's constant affection, and once Gee decided to get sober, he realized he didn't need him anymore. I see this one because Gerard even said that Bert was useful to him but that they "nneded different things".
I think there is enough to support all 3 theories, but I lean on mine..the one sided thing XD

HOW DID LIK GET BANNED??!?!
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
July 12th, 2007 at 01:26am
That makes sense too... We might not ever know, but I don't care what happened, I would just like to see Bert not so upset and hurt. Gerard saying sorry would be nice too.
FuckinDinoRawr
Banned
FuckinDinoRawr
July 12th, 2007 at 01:47am
Bert just needs to get over this and move on. He doesn't need to make statments about MCR like that. I just wish they were friends again.
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
July 12th, 2007 at 01:50am
It's the fact that he hasn't gotten over it that's troubling. I don't think it was just some bullshit disagreement between friends, he was obviouly hurt.
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 12th, 2007 at 10:44am
Yeah! How the fuck are you gonna get over something that means so much to you? If your dog died you wouldn't just say, "Damn, my dog died... Who cares! Let's go get another one!"

I lost a friend and I'm not over it. Whenever I think about it it makes me feel like shit so Bert can't just get over it.
Sophi17
Killjoy
Sophi17
July 12th, 2007 at 10:49am
oh dear i was like obsessed with gerard and berts relationship... he sounds like a total loser now... grrrrrrrrrrr... i think bert is secretly in love with gerard!!! hehe

maybe though he is just jelouse cause gerard was able to get off the weed and sober up and he just doesn't have the strenght to do it, he should be friends with mcr again and gee could help him through it as he has been through the same x
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 12th, 2007 at 10:53am
^^^Who looks like a loser? Bert or Gee?

I was already starting to get annoyed with Gerard's behaviour lately and this is just the icing on the cake. This whole Bert/Gerard thing... Disgust:
Sophi17
Killjoy
Sophi17
July 12th, 2007 at 10:57am
XKilling JarX:
^^^Who looks like a loser? Bert or Gee?

I was already starting to get annoyed with Gerard's behaviour lately and this is just the icing on the cake. This whole Bert/Gerard thing... Disgust:

bert...

i dont think its gerards fault about hsi behaviour i think maybe he's just messed up atm
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 12th, 2007 at 11:01am
Yeah I think Gee's messed up at the moment. I also think that TBP is a curse. The Patient's arrogance is accidentally sinking into Real Life Gerard. I hope that once TBP disappears that Gee will lose that arrogance etc.

But that's all I'm gonna say because I'm spamming! Oops: