Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
June 23rd, 2007 at 04:36pm
My Chemical Romance saves lives, and I'm proof of that.
However, I agree that you have to take some credit for saving YOURSELF. It wasn't all MCR that saved me, but they gave me enough strength so that I could change the way I was living and in doing so, become the person that I am today. I credit them for that completely.
And also, if things ever do change with MCR, no matter what I will always possess the knowledge and the confidence in myself that they helped to foster.
So yeah, I think MCR does save lives.
P.S. Page claim. =D [/spam]
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
June 23rd, 2007 at 06:45pm
Well when I was really depressed,it wasn't exactly a song or songs that made me move on with my life......it was the message behind those songs and learning more about the actual band as normal men trying to make a difference in the world....it was their stories and their words and teachings that realy helped me...they helped me realize I wasn't alone with what I was going through adn to never give up cuz life is a beautiful and precious thing that should be taken care of and not to throw away cuz of one stupid prick. They just helped me take off the rose colored glasses and see life as it really is and to be the best person I can be and not to take shit from anyone because I'm different.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
June 23rd, 2007 at 11:20pm
I don't think they really saved my life, but they were there to channel my feelings to, and Gerard Way has inspired me A LOT as a vocalist.

So it's more they helped me push forward in my life.

I think it's sweet to hear that they have saved lives though
eslizard
Salute You in Your Grave
eslizard
June 24th, 2007 at 12:44am
I never endangered my life... so it never really needed saving...

but they did help me find who i was comfortable with. they were one fo the few bands that i can listen to, and like who i am...
Ludwig
Motor Baby
Ludwig
June 24th, 2007 at 01:43pm
Well, they saved me from depression by giving me something to believe in. A lot of times I felt like running away from home and I decided to bear with it because of them. I also had suicidal thoughts that they helped get rid of, but I was never really suicidal. Really it was a combination of MCR and The Secret that saved me.
rockgodess666
Killjoy
rockgodess666
June 24th, 2007 at 01:51pm
i would say yes they have an impact on saving people lives.
i know this from experince my friend went through a self harming patch then she found MCR. (she was the one who got me into them)
she told me the other month that there message was the main reason she stopped.
which i am thankfully for the guys everyday.
Chapstique
Jazz Hands
Chapstique
June 26th, 2007 at 03:09am
yep! just watch the beginning of lotms and u would see XD
and yes....they did for me! got me through my depression and stuff...
Motherfuckingwar
Fabulous Killjoy
Motherfuckingwar
June 26th, 2007 at 05:05pm
i was shocked to even see a thread like this on here ...
rebel-in-black
Killjoy
rebel-in-black
July 5th, 2007 at 09:57pm
they absolutley do. I know that for a fact because like people have replied. they saved mine. and it rlly pisses me off wen people think they are "emo" and they say they are lame and pathetic. and they like shit like 50 cent who was shot god knows how many times. lets see him save a life
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 15th, 2007 at 01:33pm
I dont know anyone who was saved and I wasn't not literally but figuratively

I ddint know who I was and I was going to lsip into the casualties of the world I was going to be one of "normal" people..but I heard Im Not Okay and I wasn't so I kind of took to it and I was hooked I got the 3 cheers for sweet revenge(burnt cd)..for my b-day and took to it and just found myself in the mix of all the emotion and buzzing of guitars and their solos...then it was down hill from there..for the world that is lmaoXP
blablabla12345667
Salute You in Your Grave
blablabla12345667
July 15th, 2007 at 05:45pm
LOL I was shocked too!!Shocked

They've saved nearly everyones life here. They've saved mine again and again. Even if I don't think about the message that the song gives, the actual music does it for me too.

rebel-in-black LOL I completely agree

xx
a line in a song.
Salute You in Your Grave
a line in a song.
July 23rd, 2007 at 08:19am
They did not save my life. They made a change in my life. Each and every one of those 5 people taught me something that changed my life and me personal way of seeing things. That I am able to be fucked up cause they're just 5 guys who are as fucked up as I am. That I can be sick of seeing my face because it's my fucking face. That a camera should be smacked if it is invading your personal space. That afro's usually cannot be straightened. And many others (which made me giggle).
They are the best band to me and I hold them in my heart.
x-MCR-rock-x
Really Not Okay
x-MCR-rock-x
July 23rd, 2007 at 01:19pm
They haven't saved my life but they sure help me alot.

When I first started listening to them they didn't but I kind of went down hill and they really do help me deal with problems. I am kind of going through a rough patch at the minute and they really do help me. It is not just the music, it's the guys themselves, their message and approach to life and knowing that they have been through the same thing.

I definately believe they save lives and I can understand why.
alex turner.
Salute You in Your Grave
alex turner.
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:18pm
They saved my life, no doubt. I discovered them with Bullets when I was really little, then I changed schools, and everyone liked rap and pop or whatever, while I didn't. My parents always fought, literally never a moment where they agreed. The only thing they DID agree on was that me being in a rock band was NOT a profession. I had a will written out [which, in retrospect, I should've kept in case I die by some freak death-by-spork accident] to keep hidden until things got really bad [which I was sure of]. I didn't have any friends, and I was pretending I was something I wasn't, then cried myself to sleep every night. But then Three Cheers came out. I remembered them from Bullets, so I went out and bought their CD. I took one listen to I'm Not Okay, and I knew that I had something to live for, that not EVERYONE has to fit in. So I threw out my will [note-to-self: Hello! Freak death-by-spork accident!] and I decided that my life was worth living. And they made me realize it.
dEMoLITIOnXXLOvErXX
Killjoy
dEMoLITIOnXXLOvErXX
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:24pm
they have helped me through a whole lot and i thank them so much for it!!! Songs Like cemetary drive and I;m not okay. It helped me realise its not a bad thing being an outcast and that killing myself is a waste of my time and more inportantly... my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
envy on the coast
Bleeding on the Floor
envy on the coast
July 24th, 2007 at 08:09am
I think so. Personally though, they haven't saved my life, but they definitely changed it for the better
Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
July 30th, 2007 at 10:13pm
I don't think MCR actually "saved" my life, but they definitely helped me out.
I first heard them when one of my friends was listening to them on the radio and we were talking on the phone. Got on youtube and looked them up. I wasn't so big on WTTBP, but it got stuck in my head, and I didn't know why. So I listened, and listened until I got it. The song made me think of my friend\ surrogate grandma that had died from a staph infection when I was ten, and I had never really gotten over it. The whole song just screamed to me "We get what you're feeling" So I looked them up, and found out that they had gone through something like that too. I got them on my iPod and started listening.

About three months later I was pretty depressed because of an my best guy friend who seemed to love me, but started ignoring me. I was listening to 'I Don't Love You" and the lyrics, once again stuck with me. Five hours later, at 2 in the morning I ripped up his little love notes, deleted his number, and I haven't had a romantic or sad thought about him since.

I think that they're a breath of fresh air in a music industry dominated by rap artist that treat women like meat. I'm not saying all rap artist do that, but quite a few do. I go LOTMS last night for my birthday, and when Gerard Way talked about spitting in the faces of "rock stars" that want girls to pull up your shirts, I remembered why I loved the band so much.

I LOVE MCR!
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:33am
They did indeed save my life.

I can write an enormous comment explaining it further, but I've already written it on Mibba so...

This explains it.
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:40am
yes, if i hadn't gotten into them when i did, i would have been in a really bad position in my life right now.
it feels so reassuring when you know you're not alone and that we have those five boys, and also that we've got each other to get through harder times. It's like we're one big family haha, i love it.
Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:43am
TRAGICAFFAIR?.:
yes, if i hadn't gotten into them when i did, i would have been in a really bad position in my life right now.
it feels so reassuring when you know you're not alone and that we have those five boys, and also that we've got each other to get through harder times. It's like we're one big family haha, i love it.

MCR fans are really sweet people. I've never been on a site before with people who are as willing to laugh, cry, and scream with you. It's the whole feeling of "You aren't alone"