Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:48am
exaclty! its amazing
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
December 1st, 2007 at 12:37am
MCR saved my life. They are saving me right now at my hard time. They are honestly saviors, in my eyes. I wouldn't be here without them.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
December 1st, 2007 at 12:51am
Hmm. This is really hard to explain..
I don't know how to word it. >_<
They probably did save my life, yeah. Or more, changed it for the better, if thats the right way to put it.
Without them I probably wouldnt be here =/ Or I would be a completely different person..
And I'm so grateful to them, so grateful. Beyond words grateful. They are the most important people in my life.
So yeah, they did save/change my life, so much.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
December 1st, 2007 at 05:16am
hmm. i think saving a life can be done by much more than just keeping someone from suicide or depression. maybe they inspired somebody to branch out creatively and try new things. maybe it taught someone open-mindedness and they were liberated. mcr has many messages, one of the most important being that suicide is bullshit. but they also say that typical rock n' roll anthems (note: sex, drugs etc) isn't required to still rock. They don't agree with racism, sexism, or homophobes. They promote free-thinking and speaking for oneself. They've said in songs and during shows to stand for yourself and to never take anyone's bullshit. This is much more than some bands say. Some just sing about their last heartbreak (mind you, it's not a recipe for bad, after all, sea change is a great album), but mcr went far past emotional bullshit. They aren't pompous even though by now they're rich, famous and powerful. They can almost do whatever they want, but they don't. They don't just keep kids from hanging themselves, they keep kids from close-mindedness, being fake, being immature, becoming mainstream, etc etc. They've done quite a lot for their fans. In this, I think they can save lives, more than other bands.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
December 1st, 2007 at 05:19am
oh, i forgot to add. i think the most important reason they save lives is their message; "It's okay to be fucked up, because there's five dudes that are just as fucked up, and we've overcome that in order to do what we do." They gave promise to the kids who were suddenly being shit on by the older generations for their music taste. They assured us that our problems only helped create the people we are. They promised that it was okay to be who you are.
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
December 1st, 2007 at 05:48am
I wouldn't say the MCR has saved my life in the sense of my contemplating suicide or anything like that. But the way they have saved my life was by showing me that you can't take crap from anyone and that I'm nott the only one in the world who is messed up.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
December 1st, 2007 at 06:14am
MCR hasn't literally saved my life. I'm not suicidal or anything but they certainly changed it. In a good way. They made me a lot happier and are helping me accept myself for who I really am. They also showed me that I'm not alone and that there's hope. I do believe MCR does save lifes and change them for the better.
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
December 1st, 2007 at 08:27am
They save lives. They saved my life. Their music just kinda calmed me down when I thought that suicide was the ultimate answer. It inspired me when I wondered what the point was anymore. They've been through all the stuff that I was feeling, so I guess that made me feel like I wasn't alone.
I reckon it's more what they've already said that saves lives and even if, God forbid, that they break up, that stuff will still be there and it'll still deliver the same message over and over again.

My personal favourite quote: "I think when you start seeing (suicide) as an escape route, that's when it gets serious."
little monster.
Full of Ephedrine
little monster.
December 1st, 2007 at 06:02pm
sandersidle:
MCR hasn't literally saved my life. I'm not suicidal or anything but they certainly changed it. In a good way. They made me a lot happier and are helping me accept myself for who I really am. They also showed me that I'm not alone and that there's hope. I do believe MCR does save lifes and change them for the better.

same goes for me

they made my life a lot easier and happier
A_Shadows_Kiss
Thinking Happy Thoughts
A_Shadows_Kiss
December 1st, 2007 at 07:00pm
Personally I don't think they 'save lives'.
They inspire people and give hope and stuff like that. They did that for me too so I'm not saying that it doesn't mean anything like that. I mean, they've inspired me, gave me hope and now I actually dare to stick up for myself. I do what I want to do and not what I'm told to do anymore. I actually have real friends now and a lot has changed for me, in me, since I first heard them and I own them a lot.
But I don't think they save lives, I don't think any band saves lives like that. What I mean is, are they the ones who take your razor blades away? There is only one person that can save your life when you're suicidal, that's you. If they give you the strenght to do so, that's good, great even. But it's all your doing, you stop hurting yourself and you live on, it's impossible for them to do that for you.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
December 1st, 2007 at 08:16pm

They don't save lives.

They didn't restrain you and stop you from self harming or killing yourself, you did.
They didn't come over to your house and make you reach out, you did that on your own.

Sure they help a lot, and I mean A LOT, but no, they dont save lives.
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
December 3rd, 2007 at 03:10am
I believe, in a way, that they can HELP save people's lives. They give people somewhere to turn and something to relate to, and let them know that it's okay to have issues and be "different", because they're just like that too, and they've stayed true to themselves and have still become extremely sucessful.
I also think that their lyrics are so sincere and original and unique that they really get through to people and help them relate to something or get through something.
The band's life before the band and their experiences are something that I think people are drawn to as well. None of them are into the "rock and roll" lifestyle, like they've said themselves. They're really modest people that are honestly just around to make great music and hopefully affect people and make an impact. Everything that these five guys have been through is also something that people can relate to and understand that they are real people and that it's okay to be messed up, like they've also said.I think they're just unlike any other band out there right now, and that they're able to connect with their fans in a much more personal way than other musician's are able to
ryane clowe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
ryane clowe.
December 3rd, 2007 at 03:38am
geegasm.:
MCR saved my life. They are saving me right now at my hard time. They are honestly saviors, in my eyes. I wouldn't be here without them.

same goes for me. i've been depressed before but probably in october is when it got the worst it's been. i think i had just started listening to them and they really saved me. they save me everytime i listen to them. when start to think "wow if this band didn't exist i'd be dead" it's a scary thought, they pulled me through. they do save your life, they saved mine.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
December 3rd, 2007 at 03:52am
I think they do. Admittedly, My Chemical Romance didn't save my life, at least not in the literal sense, but my life has never been at the point where it needed saving. The people who say it's YOU that saves your own life, and that My Chem just inspired you to do save yourself talk a lot of sense, and in a way I agree with you. But I also think that they have literally saved lives by inspiring people to not commit suicide, and to not harm themselves. Without them, would that person have had the strength to keep living? Possibly not. So, in that sense, My Chemical Romance has just saved their lives, because they've given that person the hope and the courage to face another day. Without them, that person might have died. It's like if you're sick and you take medicine for it, and the medicine helps you get better. Your body had the tools to defeat the infection on it's own, and the medicine gave it the strength to do so.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:05am
i dont believe they can literally save peoples lives. they can change them and inspire people to change them but not literally stop someone from killing themselves.
if someone really wanted to kill themself, they wouldnt like turn on the CD player just before they do it and then decide not to.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:15am
I don't think you can say that they saved your life. Because unless they pulled you out of a burning building, or out of the way of a Mack Truck...I don't think you can say that they saved your life. What MCR are, though, are life-affirming. And that's even better.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:18am
A Demolition Romance:
TRAGICAFFAIR?.:
yes, if i hadn't gotten into them when i did, i would have been in a really bad position in my life right now.
it feels so reassuring when you know you're not alone and that we have those five boys, and also that we've got each other to get through harder times. It's like we're one big family haha, i love it.

MCR fans are really sweet people. I've never been on a site before with people who are as willing to laugh, cry, and scream with you. It's the whole feeling of "You aren't alone"

damn straight! MCR fans are the nicest people ever.
i went to their concert a few days ago and i was by myself and people near me in the line were just like "are you by yourself? join our group!" it wasnt just me that it happened to. by the end of the night, everyone who was there by themselves had made atleast one new friend.
harrystyles
Salute You in Your Grave
harrystyles
December 3rd, 2007 at 05:30am
^thats so cool!

yeah i think mcr are there to help you through a tough time. but they arent the ones who physically stop you from killing yourself. i think they inspire people to keep on living. i think thats their main thing, inspiration. you can do whatever you wanna do, you're not alone, its okay. so mcr's music can help but its not, like, the only thing.
howrie
Killjoy
howrie
December 3rd, 2007 at 06:43am
yeh they saved mine...rather not say what my problems were....but i know their music definatly helped me majorly
DISENCHANTED23
Killjoy
DISENCHANTED23
December 8th, 2007 at 06:34pm
well i have never wanted to kill myself.
and i used to think that that "saved lives" was a bunch of crap cause how can a band save a life. but anywho. reading these makes me realize that they could save a life. I mean they do make you feel like your not alone when you go trough hard times...