Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
May 3rd, 2007 at 05:25pm
in a way they did.
some people think its creepy but...when i listen to their music i feel like they're like me and im not alone. i feel like im talking to them when i listen to their music....
they're like the best friends i've never met.
i love them so much and it makes me never wanna die so i never have to stop listening. all i want in life is to meet them..more than anything on this earth.
hiddenn.
Salute You in Your Grave
hiddenn.
May 3rd, 2007 at 05:34pm
suicide is your choice.
it may feel like you were saved, but maybe they just helped you get through it.
they just taught me how to live. -shrug-
i used to think that they had saved my life, but they weren't actually there, taking the gun out of your hand.
i guess they just talked most people out of it.
Prison Sex_CowBoys
Joining The Black Parade
Prison Sex_CowBoys
May 3rd, 2007 at 06:52pm
Well, they have saved my life.
I mean I dont know what it is that the fact I can listen to a song when I feel like Im gonna do something stupid and all the fucking suicidal shit goes away.
I guess its because their music has a message telling me "Im not Alone"
Sure I may never be okay in my life, but Im happy when I listen to them they make me feel accepted.
fmacgrs
Banned
fmacgrs
May 3rd, 2007 at 08:20pm
NOOO!! CHICKENS DOOOOO!!!

rock on chickens, rock on!!
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:13pm
^WTF?

Anyways, aw, how nice would it be if they could read some of the nice things people have written in this thread. And if they ever get tired of all this, the fame, the business, they could look back on it and remember why they are doing it.
grr...weee!!!
Killjoy
grr...weee!!!
May 5th, 2007 at 02:56am
Damn it! I didn't even know who they were when they saved my life! I know that sonds weird but they did! check my profile! i gotta go its almost six am. ive been at this all night.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 5th, 2007 at 04:00am
they helped me through all my hard times.. times when I felt like I would never make it through, days when I felt like "this has to be the last day I'm living, i won't make it" and when I feel like hurting myself I just put on like I'm not okay or something.. and then I always start thinking "it's ok, you're not going through this alone"
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 5th, 2007 at 04:00am

Yes they do..when people hear that they think that its weird and not true...but they are wrong..mcr wanted to save lives and they did and still do..i know heaps of people who have been saved by MCR including myself...id have to disagree if people think that they dont because they truly do..
The messages they give to us fans is always positive and helps..their lyrics also have a big part to the equation too..
MCR saved my life
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
May 5th, 2007 at 06:19am
"It's okay to be messed up, because there are five dudes who are just as messed up as you."- Gerard Way

I don't want to delve into why, I'll just say that last year, I didn't really feel like I could talk to or relate to anyone about life and some certain things that were going on with myself.

And then I started thinking about what I could do about it. I knew I couldn't talk to anyone about it, and I just...

And then I thought about suicide. I just thought of it and thought of it. And I stood at that ledge many times, barely able to pull myself back.

So I finally decided to do it. One day, I just told myself that this would be it. I wrote my note. I had it planned. And so I waited for that night to come, like I had so many others, because I couldn't imagine doing it in front of anyone in mid-day or anything of the sort.

But that day, I went out and bought what was supposed to be my last round of CDs. It included the Life on the Murder Scene set. I put it in the DVD player, and it was only like a minute and thirty seconds into it that I heard that quote I put at the top, and I realized "holy shit." And I stopped myself and said "fuck this, I'm going to keep on going."

Say what you will about how lame it is or whatever, but the point is, that when you're sitting there, ready to die, and someone pulls you out of it, and it doesn't matter if it's a quote, a song, your best friend, you girl friend, your dog, they pulled you out of it. Gerard may not have physically grabbed me when I was about to jump, but he kept just far enough from that ledge to keep going. I count myself among the many who say, with no "almost"s, or "in a way"s, that My Chemical Romance saved my life.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
May 5th, 2007 at 10:20am
Yer they Do
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
May 5th, 2007 at 11:42am
Fuck yeah, they save lives!

It feels like someone understands me, as if no matter how shitty I feel, they're there when no one else is. They're better friends than anyone I've ever met. And even if they break up, they'll still be important to me.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 5th, 2007 at 11:21pm
Yes. They certainly do.
I was on the brink of suicide,and I thought they wouldn't want to lose a dan over the stupid shit I did. So they kept me from doing that three times.

I owe them a shitload for that.

Quote from a magazine.
"Singer Gerard Way opens a vein and spreads his arms and sucks in as many broken souls as he can handle,while his band turns screamo into an orchestrated spiral or punk-goth,classic rock,Salvation Army bands,and high school musicals."
Gah.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 13th, 2007 at 08:48am
There is living proof that MCR has saved lives. No doubt about it.

Through their music, people have come to realize that killing themselves will not help change the world.

Since I'm Catholic, I've learned that when you suicide, you go to hell...

I'm not sure that's such a good turnout, you know...

That's all I have to say, really. MCR really is an impacting band, and there's nothing else to say about it.
Amypunk
Killjoy
Amypunk
May 21st, 2007 at 03:32pm
yeah... i am agree... they saved my life...i was pretty suicidal and i felt like no one understood me, and all that depression thing, i was near too kill my selfe, but then i started to pay attention to what they sang about... and i finally felt like someone understood me and thanx to them im still here.. and cause of them found this amazing website with all you amazing people... so Tanx MCRSmile
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
May 21st, 2007 at 04:46pm
I'm putting in my vote for they do.

I love them for it. <3
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:41pm
yes yes and yes

they saved mine. my friend (amber <3!!) 'corrupted' me and for that i love her. but seriously, i was really depressed and suicidal for about 2 years and when i watched life on the murder scene, i could really relate to what gerard was going through. the line that really hit home was 'its okay to be messed up because there's 5 dudes out there that are just as messed up as you.' because of that i realized what i wouldve done to everyone around me if i wouldve gone through with it. then i found this site and noticed that im not the only one that went through this kind of thing.

thank you mcr. i will love you until the end of time.
chloeBAM
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeBAM
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:50pm

they're saving mine as we speak.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:26pm
i dont know:S/
they helpt ALOT ,,but i wasnt suicital(not gonna kill my self ,,cant write it)
but there were times i thougt of it ..
but they gave me curige to be my self and dont take shit from people
i totaly did i took shit form evryone ,, now i just walk up to them and tell them who the fuck i am ..to quote Gerard Way
and that gurige and selfconidance relly help to form feeling shitty
like i did :p
but not anymore,,and i think i have them to thank
but i saved my own life from help mcr ..
to quote my friend
the only one that can help you is your self..
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:36pm
ANM_92:
I dont see many MCR fans that dont say that mcr saved there lifes. This is a little strange cause most of My chem's songs are not inspiring and a couple are actually about commiting suicide/Murders.

then abuviusly you havent listent to the lyrics,,
and its not always there songs that are inspyering ,,
just knowing that the guys have gone trough shitty times and lived trough it and are a idol to fucking millions kids now and have saved most of there lives
but listen to the lyric of WTTBP now thats what you call inspyering ,.,,, i get goosebumps when i here some parts of it:$
Stoked13
Fabulous Killjoy
Stoked13
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:12pm
Ipromise:
ANM_92:
I dont see many MCR fans that dont say that mcr saved there lifes. This is a little strange cause most of My chem's songs are not inspiring and a couple are actually about commiting suicide/Murders.

then abuviusly you havent listent to the lyrics,,
and its not always there songs that are inspyering ,,
just knowing that the guys have gone trough shitty times and lived trough it and are a idol to fucking millions kids now and have saved most of there lives
but listen to the lyric of WTTBP now thats what you call inspyering ,.,,, i get goosebumps when i here some parts of it:$

I agree witrh you. They have had some bad patches that they have gotten through. I think that they do save lives. Maybe in one way more than others. Some people may not agree with their lyrics but they could try to listen to some of the things that they have said in some interviews or something like that.