Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 26th, 2007 at 09:26pm
I mean I guess the songs can inspire you, make you feel better, but is that really what kept you from going over the edge? Why? I'm sorry but if a band is pretty much what's keepin' you from going over...you need to find some stability in your life. Bands break up(GOD FORBID), shit happens, what will you do then? No, I'm not mocking anybody who says the band saved their lives...I'd just like some insight.
Yaoi Owns You
Jazz Hands
Yaoi Owns You
February 26th, 2007 at 09:44pm
because sometimes people thinkk they're all alone in the world. They're afraid and they're disconnected from their families, classmates, etc. Its tough being alone and being different. When you find yourself at the edge, you can't think of everyone you'll leave behind, you can't think about getting help, all you know is that knife (pills, beer whatever) you have in your hand and the "escape" you'll get once the deed is done.

But then you find out that you're not alone. That someone somewhere knows exactly what you're going though. You know you can make it though because you know they're there right beside you. You can survive because someone somewhere knows what its like and knows you can get through it.

When you think about it, My Chem does save lives, because if it wasn't for them, I would have taken that extra step, I would have killed myself.

They're my own personal angels. They saved me. And I continually thank whoevers up there in the sky for bringing them to me everyday
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 26th, 2007 at 10:15pm

They saved mine.
I'm Not Okay made me fall asleep when I was going to end my life.
No joke.

x-broken-x
Joining The Black Parade
x-broken-x
February 26th, 2007 at 11:50pm
Yaoi Owns You:
because sometimes people thinkk they're all alone in the world. They're afraid and they're disconnected from their families, classmates, etc. Its tough being alone and being different. When you find yourself at the edge, you can't think of everyone you'll leave behind, you can't think about getting help, all you know is that knife (pills, beer whatever) you have in your hand and the "escape" you'll get once the deed is done.

But then you find out that you're not alone. That someone somewhere knows exactly what you're going though. You know you can make it though because you know they're there right beside you. You can survive because someone somewhere knows what its like and knows you can get through it.

When you think about it, My Chem does save lives, because if it wasn't for them, I would have taken that extra step, I would have killed myself.

They're my own personal angels. They saved me. And I continually thank whoevers up there in the sky for bringing them to me everyday

I agree with everything you just said and i could have said itbetter myself Clap
MCR_Owns_Alex
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_Owns_Alex
February 27th, 2007 at 12:09am
Not so long ago I really wanted to end my life.
I was really depressive and suicidal (i still am though), I thought I was useless to everyone. My parents and my (ex)boyfriend were not helping me, they were all thinking that I wasn't serious...

I was, and I still feel alone in this world. But there is one thing that keep me alive, and its music. And among all the bands i listen to, AFI and My Chem are the most significative.

I was lisentening to Welcome to the Black Parade while I was having very dark thoughts and then the lyrics sounded sort of different to me.

The disappointed faces of your peers
I was and i'm still feeling misunderstood by everyone around me. People think either i'm stupid or that i'm always doing wrong choices.

[...]

Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all
Do or die
You’ll never make me
Because the world will never take my (heart)
Go and try; you’ll never break me

''No matter what shit people say about me, I must be stronger and smarter than them. They'll never get me, i'll never break out in front of them'' (that's what i kept telling myself)
[...]
I won’t explain, or say I’m sorry
I’m unashamed, I’m gonna show my (scar)

I won't feel guilty anymore if I tell people to go fuck themselves.

Give a cheer, for all the broken

At this point, I was, and I still think i'm part of the ''broken'', which are the outcasts, the rejected, etc??

Listen here, because it’s who we are

This is who I am, no matter what anyone think
[...]
I
Don't
Care

And then. I just felt better. I'm still deppressed and everything, but feeling accepted among other people who feel the same as me makes me feel better.
I'm sorry if my post sounds weird, its past midnight...

My pointis that its not only mcr who saved my life, its almost every band i listen to. It just makes me feel alive. might sounds stupid or weird, but its how i feel about it.

good night now... Bye
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
February 27th, 2007 at 12:21am
Yes they do.

I know that they saved mine.

Im not going to say how cuz this isnt a confession thread and I dont really like talking about my past and present problems

But, they made me have a purpose.

They made me feel like a real person.

I owe my life to them.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
February 27th, 2007 at 01:07am
They have never saved my life, mostlty because I've never been to the point where it's needed saving. But they have had a huge impact on it so I can totally understand when people say that MCR saved them.

Their music is powerful, it makes you feel things, it makes you realise things about yourself and it simply makes you feel better when you feel like shit. Like Gerard said:

'it's alright to be messed up coz there are 5 dudes out there that are just as messed up as you, and we have overcome that to do what we do'

That might not be it exactly but it was along those lines. It's nice to feel like someone understands. Plus music is a distraction I guess it kind of takes you away from your own shitty life
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
February 27th, 2007 at 02:22am
These boys are the five most insperational angels on this earth, Like ^ X_pansy said i have never been at that point in which some of you have been, but i do understand as i had a very close friend who was at breaking point, according to her, i saved her life. But yes they can save your life
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
February 27th, 2007 at 03:23am
Not for me. But when I was younger the best advice I ever heard about suicide was, "Just wait until the next day and it's not so bad." And, surprise, that advice came from a musician I greatly admire. Go Darren.
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
February 27th, 2007 at 10:29am
I think My Chem give that belief that you are not alone in the world. Lets face it, that is one of the main reasons why we get depressed. They tell you that it is okay to be messed up and to be different (again reasons why we tend to feel depressed). My Chem have the ability to connect with their fans like no other band can and from that they have saved lifes.
Modern Swinger
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Modern Swinger
February 27th, 2007 at 11:05am
My Chem has saved my life. The music helps me when i feel like i'm alone in the world.

The lines, It isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun

I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone and

Awake and unafraid
Asleep or dead

have all helped me with things i deal with in life. Plus after watching LOTMS and learning about what Gerard went through let me know if he can get through all that then i can get through my life and survive.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
February 27th, 2007 at 11:51am
I think they can and have. I mean the amount of people on here who have said that they have saved their lives, I don't think any of them are lying.
Personnaly they haven't saved my life but they've made it a hell of a lot better.
The Rachel
Always Born a Crime
The Rachel
February 27th, 2007 at 12:31pm
well, as Gerard said on LOTMS, thats what MCR is for: saving lives. It saved his! MCR's music really helped me get through depression. and Gee also said that people dont have to feel alone cuz theres 5 guys in the world that are just as messed up.
I found Gerard's voice very soothing when i was depressed last year, and still whenever I'm stressed i listen to them. When i watched LOTMS the first time i kinda saw myself in Gerard becuz i was addicted to something (i wont say what it is of course, but i can tell you its not alcohol or pills) and he kinda let me know in a way that i wasnt alone and that ill get through it cuz he got through it.
Music is a form of therapy for me, because when I'm depressed, I write songs. And a lot of the songs i write are a lot like MCR's music so I kinda see myself in them.
So yeah, I think they kinda saved my life. I might've ended up killing myself by now if it wasnt for them not letting me feel alone.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 27th, 2007 at 02:43pm
It's become too overused. It's like people just try to say it to be cool now.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 27th, 2007 at 02:55pm

^^I agree. It is really hard to spot the real people.
I am real in this discussion, oh yes, I may
be 12, but when I was bullied over MSN by
my best friend in 2005, even though no one
knew at all, they were there. I didn’t have
the CD’s, I listened on AOL player and
YouTube. I kept pictures in my pockets.
I wrote their names on my wrist . And
most of all, I listened to the music. The way
their music is put across, the way it bewitches
minds to believe things, is incredible.
Also the things they say.
Gerard’s motivational quotes
Franks awesome approach to life.
Mikey as the perfect example that you can get
over depression and problems, after his battle
with Bipolar. Some may disagree, some may
say ‘their just people!’

But know that a lot of young teens would seriously be dead if these guys weren’t around.

fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 27th, 2007 at 02:57pm
Oh, I know. I just hate seeing these people who have had no problems in their life going "omG MRC totally sved mi lyfe".
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
February 27th, 2007 at 03:35pm
i think they do save lives. i think its because people can see what they've been through, and relate to that. there is so many people in my school that have started to like my chem since the black parade came out and they all used to be chavs and now they are saying they are emos!!!!!! its really annoying because they are always saying that my chem saved their lives when they didnt and they think its ok to say that and its not.
they didnt save my life but they changed it for the better and when never you need help with living, you can listen to their songs and you feel comforted because you know that they have been through it.
Human x Wreckage
Killjoy
Human x Wreckage
February 27th, 2007 at 03:52pm
I think they do save lives, when you feel like you just want it all to end when everything is terrible and you have nowhere to turn, their music will never let you down, MCR's music makes me feel like i'm not alone and there are plenty of other people who are going through the same things. i mean in a literal way, no they did not save your life, but their music will never let you down.

MCR didn't just save my life, they are still saving my life.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
February 27th, 2007 at 04:11pm
They save lives.
Done.
gerardsgurl6969
Killjoy
gerardsgurl6969
February 27th, 2007 at 04:11pm
they have saved my life i was really depressed for a long time and then i heard their song our lady of sorrows and i just sat there and cryed and i realized that if i was to kill myself everything wouldnt just change. I was having so many troubles and i thank them all the time cuz if it wasnt for them i would not be here