Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
April 23rd, 2007 at 06:56pm
okay, well i think of it this way. in LOTMS gerard said the band saved his life twice. the first time was when he was really deppressed and felt suicidal. then he saw 9/11 and formed the band and he felt the band (his friends) gave him a purpose. for fans i think its the same way. they all know what a person is going thru when their deppressed. (its okay to be messed up cuz there are 5 dudes who are just as messed up as you are). they show them they aren't alone in the world, and when some ppl say "mcr saved my life" becuz of that, i think what they REALLY did was just give them some hope and encouragement. which is a really great thing about this band. i've said "mcr saved my life" before, but now that i think about it, they really just gave me some hope. i do know that if i had never listened to mcr before i wouldn't be here. becuz when i was going thru some tough times, i never heard the words "i am not afraid to keep on living" or "be yourself don't take anyone's shit and never let them take you alive." my point is, music in general helped me out alot. i'm not exactly happy now, but when i'm listening to mcr, i feel better and it takes my mind off the stressful points in life. so for that (and the stuff i mentioned before) mcr will always be my favorite band. i know this post sounds confusing but i hope i sort of made a little sense.

ok im done now. Mr. Green
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
April 23rd, 2007 at 07:04pm
Yea, the band saved it's own lead singer TWICE...so two being plural...yes, they do save lives.

Good reasoning. ^^ Very Happy
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:23pm
i really dont understand how mcr save lives.
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
April 24th, 2007 at 03:59am
Im a very depressed person, but they are what's keeps me alive! I have to claim that!!!
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
April 24th, 2007 at 07:41pm
mcr saves life in the sense that they show ppl that they are not alone and its okay to scream "I'M NOT O-FUCKIN-KAY!!" for some ppl thats all they need to feel better. cuz come on, if a person is deprressed i don't hear that much ppl saying "i am n ot afraid to keep on living" mcr, music in general, could stop a person from making a big mistake. i know some ppl think thats all melodramatic bullshit, but its true. not just for mcr. for other bands.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
April 24th, 2007 at 07:43pm
they save lives for a lot of people. in a way, they saved my best friend from hurting herself.
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
April 24th, 2007 at 08:23pm
I think they save lives in the sense that they give people something to look forward to. Some of their music, especially the new stuff is very inspirational. "I am not afraid to keep on living". I can imagine someone who was thinking horrible things like hurting or killing themself would hear that and feel somewhat inspired. I think it also brings people together. We have all found each other through a common interrest, and there are so many people to talk to. Sometimes we get sad and lonely, and there's usually always someone here to talk to.
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
April 24th, 2007 at 08:54pm
Rachelle_5:
I think they save lives in the sense that they give people something to look forward to. Some of their music, especially the new stuff is very inspirational. "I am not afraid to keep on living". I can imagine someone who was thinking horrible things like hurting or killing themself would hear that and feel somewhat inspired. I think it also brings people together. We have all found each other through a common interrest, and there are so many people to talk to. Sometimes we get sad and lonely, and there's usually always someone here to talk to.
Thank you! Exactly what i mean! when I heard Famous Last Words it DID stop me from hurting myself and doing something really stupid. it made me think.. "If Gerard could make it through the exact same thing, then so can I" Inspirational lyrics and songs like that CAN have a powerful and positive effect on alot of ppl. That's why music (MCR included) is such a wonderful thing.

That is how mcr saves lives. At least thats what I think. Clap
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 24th, 2007 at 09:15pm
honestly.. i think that they do. i love 2 death
David Cook.
Motor Baby
David Cook.
April 24th, 2007 at 09:19pm
Wow. Like a lot of other people in this thread, I too was saved by MCR. Not to long ago either. I found this guy and he really really was nice to me at first. And I really liked him, and I thought he liked me too. So I invited him over, and when my parents left, and it was just me and him, he started to kiss me and stuff. I wasn't comfortable, but he kept going. Eventually, against my struggling, he was on top of me holding me down. I was sooooo scared, I yelled at him and told him I'd call the cops if he tried anything more, since he was going to try to rape me. That got him, and he left. So after that, I felt so dirty, unclean, depressed, and before I had made a pact to myself that if things got to bad, I'd kill myself. That had pushed me over the edge, and I was going to kill myself, for real. As I was crying over what had just happened, my cell phone rang playing "Welcome to the Black Parade" and I just listened to it play the 2 times it would play, and I picked myself up and went to listen to more of them. I watched all their videos, and I realized I didn't need to kill myself, I would disappoint people. They helped me think that, and eventually I fell asleep. So now I thanks them for my life. I love them so much!
deadinsideandout
Killjoy
deadinsideandout
April 25th, 2007 at 05:02pm
Who agrees with me that Gerard's a great and awesome guy? I mean he's always trying to help and do something with his life. So, who agrees with me on that?!?
TheMysteriousThug
Joining The Black Parade
TheMysteriousThug
April 25th, 2007 at 05:49pm
MCR taught me a lot of things. If I had to say what my favorite songs are it's I'm Not Okay, Disenchanted, and The End( Let me explain this one).

I'm Not Okay: They pile all the emotions you feel if you feel like crap that day into one song. Get's me up when I'm down.

The End: This one taught me confidence in myself. You see. Growing up. I was picked on for being overweight while I've still slimmed out. I don't treat others differently. I see what's on the inside. I never ever ever judge the outside. Now for my reasoning. Because I believe the song is about we don't give a damn what you think of us. We are just fine with ourselves.

Disenchanted: To me this feels like you get blessed. Than you feel this feeling is going away. Like you are being unblessed like let's say disenchanted. I've got money issues since my mom is too sick to work. A little sister. And no where in my area accepts 14 year-olds to work there. So I used to feel like I've got something going. Now I feel like it's being taken away. This is where I learned how spoiled I was. And I learned that I'm blessed to have a roof over my head. Screw the shit around me. All I need is a roof and food to live.
geradsredskittle666
Really Not Okay
geradsredskittle666
April 25th, 2007 at 11:09pm
Mcr do save lives. There music is so powerful. You can listen and think the songs isnt powerful but the truth is if you listen hard enough, you just get inspired by the emotion in the songs. Mcr defintly have saved mine.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 26th, 2007 at 12:12am
Rachelle_5:

Totally Agreed. Sorry to be EMO, but this is kind of whats happening to me right now. They are one of the reasons why I pick myself up and try to carry on. My friends and the 5 amazing people from My Chem are giving me courage to seek counseling.. They also lure me away from cutting and suicidal thoughts and allow me to pull through when I'm depressed; it's been quite rough and I still pop pain killers, but I'm tryna stop. They inspire me so much, they are my life line and prevent me from doing a lot of self harming, bad stuff. Sorry for that rant. I can't express my appreciation for them AND their music.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:09am
MCR helped keep me alive. in a nutshell, I used to be a cutter and almost ended my life, and I got really drunk and broke down crying and cut myself in a bathroom stall and someone finally noticed how bad things were for me that night. and so they finally listened. and then I was still getting over everything I had been through, and TBP came out and pulled me out of my depression. they made me not want to drink, cut or die anymore. so yes, they in a way saved my life because they are keeping me from doing those things again. just like gerard, the minute I drink again I can say good bye to all of the happiness I've gotten. the minute I cut again [which is really fucking hard not to do, even almost a year since the last time I cut, I still get really bad urges to] I can say goodbye to everything I've earned since my weak point. so MCR is really helping me through their music, concerts, messages, etc. I don't owe them my life, but I owe them one hell of a thank you.
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
May 2nd, 2007 at 04:34pm
I think they do save lives, i mean as someone as commented before, this band has saved the own lead singers life, which i think proves that they can save lives and they try really hard to make people feel better, so if it has saved Gerards life twice, i think it shows that he wants to save other peoples lives aswell...Hope that makes scense...sorry if it doesnt.
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
May 3rd, 2007 at 04:21am
yep Wink
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
May 3rd, 2007 at 04:26am
angelic_emo
Jazz Hands
angelic_emo
May 3rd, 2007 at 07:55am
just listening to the songs and lyrics it gives us a point that we are not the only ones going through all these depression and stuff and be brave enough to overcome this....
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
May 3rd, 2007 at 08:44am
Personally no.

But i can imagine they have inspired or helped alot of people out there,and that can only be a good thing.
If you get some purpose out of listening to their music then fantastic.
Music maketh the man!