Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
simple plan.
Really Not Okay
simple plan.
February 27th, 2007 at 04:32pm
I guess they save lives for some people which is a good thing cause thay are so
inspiring in their music and everything thay do.
for me thay didnt saved my life but they changed it a lot and for the better ...
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 27th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Chemical_Romance:

They saved mine.
I'm Not Okay made me fall asleep when I was going to end my life.
No joke.

Write to Gerard and tell him that.

He would be so proud.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
February 27th, 2007 at 04:52pm
Of course they save lives. There are some people in the world who feel alone, shattered, abused. They need a way to get out of it.

And MCR's music...it's just special. And what the guys themselves, especially Gerard, have been through inspires people. The guys have worked hard to reach the top. That shows people that life is worth living, and if you work hard enough you can really live your dreams.

Of course MCR saves lives. I believe it and no-one can change my mind. No-one.
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
February 27th, 2007 at 06:42pm
MCR_Owns_Alex:
Not so long ago I really wanted to end my life.
I was really depressive and suicidal (i still am though), I thought I was useless to everyone. My parents and my (ex)boyfriend were not helping me, they were all thinking that I wasn't serious...

I was, and I still feel alone in this world. But there is one thing that keep me alive, and its music. And among all the bands i listen to, AFI and My Chem are the most significative.

I was lisentening to Welcome to the Black Parade while I was having very dark thoughts and then the lyrics sounded sort of different to me.

The disappointed faces of your peers
I was and i'm still feeling misunderstood by everyone around me. People think either i'm stupid or that i'm always doing wrong choices.

[...]

Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all
Do or die
You’ll never make me
Because the world will never take my (heart)
Go and try; you’ll never break me

''No matter what shit people say about me, I must be stronger and smarter than them. They'll never get me, i'll never break out in front of them'' (that's what i kept telling myself)
[...]
I won’t explain, or say I’m sorry
I’m unashamed, I’m gonna show my (scar)

I won't feel guilty anymore if I tell people to go fuck themselves.

Give a cheer, for all the broken

At this point, I was, and I still think i'm part of the ''broken'', which are the outcasts, the rejected, etc??

Listen here, because it’s who we are

This is who I am, no matter what anyone think
[...]
I
Don't
Care

And then. I just felt better. I'm still deppressed and everything, but feeling accepted among other people who feel the same as me makes me feel better.
I'm sorry if my post sounds weird, its past midnight...

My pointis that its not only mcr who saved my life, its almost every band i listen to. It just makes me feel alive. might sounds stupid or weird, but its how i feel about it.

good night now... Bye

wow that just made me go wow in a good way sorry i just had to say that, i almost cut myself one time cause life was being crappy and i thought well what would mcr think, so i dropped the knife and just listened to their music and it made me feel better i dont know how its just their songs..well its hard to explain but i was acctually ready to stab my heart but thank god (and mcr) i didnt. and its really sad cause my 2 friends at school keep making fun of this guy because theres a rumor that he cuts and every1 calls him emo/cutter and everytime they say that to them i just say "Fucking stop, you dont have any idea what hes going through, every1 making fun of him....(and i go on blahblahblah...)" i think he cuts cause every1 makes fun of him calling him names handing him scissors well i dunno just thought id say that. + whenever i feel really crappy ill just go outside at like 10 at night and sit with my ipod listening to mcr and thats what keeps me from going crazy
ANM_92
Killjoy
ANM_92
February 27th, 2007 at 06:55pm
I dont see many MCR fans that dont say that mcr saved there lifes. This is a little strange cause most of My chem's songs are not inspiring and a couple are actually about commiting suicide/Murders.
machiavelli
Shotgun Sinner
machiavelli
February 27th, 2007 at 08:21pm
They haven't saved my life, but they did help. And I do find it annoying when there's so many people out there that go "LyK ZoMgZZzzZ, MRCrC And GereALad Ttly SavveD MII Lyfe!1!!!11one" It's annoying, because its as if they just say it to be cool.
Boys Night Out
Salute You in Your Grave
Boys Night Out
February 27th, 2007 at 08:50pm
Yaoi Owns You:
because sometimes people thinkk they're all alone in the world. They're afraid and they're disconnected from their families, classmates, etc. Its tough being alone and being different. When you find yourself at the edge, you can't think of everyone you'll leave behind, you can't think about getting help, all you know is that knife (pills, beer whatever) you have in your hand and the "escape" you'll get once the deed is done.

But then you find out that you're not alone. That someone somewhere knows exactly what you're going though. You know you can make it though because you know they're there right beside you. You can survive because someone somewhere knows what its like and knows you can get through it.

When you think about it, My Chem does save lives, because if it wasn't for them, I would have taken that extra step, I would have killed myself.

They're my own personal angels. They saved me. And I continually thank whoevers up there in the sky for bringing them to me everyday

I can honestly say My Chemical Romance has saved my life. They are the ones that are always there for me whenever I feel alone. And, I feel the same way as you, I feel like they are my gaurdian angels too.

Their music, has also, not only helped me get through some really tuff times, but it's inspired me in many ways. I think they help people in alot of different ways.

I can't even really describe how else they've helped me, I just can't even put it in words...all I know is that they did, and if I could ever get the chance to tell them that, that would be...wow. So yes, I think the answer is, they can defanietly save lives, they saved mine at least.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 27th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Chemical_Romance:

They saved mine.
I'm Not Okay made me fall asleep when I was going to end my life.
No joke.

Laughing sounds like they bored you...
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 27th, 2007 at 10:40pm
unapologetic apathy:
It's become too overused. It's like people just try to say it to be cool now.
yeah that's what im saying! that's what got me wondering...it seems like a lame catchphrase now.
SuffocatedScream
Killjoy
SuffocatedScream
February 27th, 2007 at 11:34pm
They saved my life, in a way. I first heard "Im Not Okay" when I was going through a really hard period in my life, and it helped me get over some of the anger and sadness that I had inside. It may sound dumb, but, yeah, MCR helped me "get over" it, but it was NOT, by far, the ONLY thing that kept me going. However, it still helps me get through tough times.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
February 28th, 2007 at 12:02am
Its kinda sad, many people who have been fans for a long time still dont get that MCR are a metaphorical band. When they hear the lyrics all they hear is "This is how we like to do it in the murder scene" or "Ive been a bad mother fucker, tell your sister im another" They dont look past that and see the true meaning of the song or even try and find out what that specific lyric stands for. Which pulls in the people who are honest when they say that MCR changed their lives. Theyre the people that really understand MCR and their music. The ones who seriously were changed by MCR. They dont say "MCR saved my life" Because face it, the band didnt. They werent there to take the pills out of their hand or to take the razor from their fingers. When people are on the verge of suicide, they still have second thoughts about it even if they are in the middle of drinking pills or cutting their wrist. And I think in the MCR fan's cases; when that happens they remember what MCR say in interviews or on LOTMS or most of all; in their music. And thats what gets them to change their mind about killing themselves. So basically all in all My Chem didnt save their lives directly; but help the fans save their lives. When you really look at it the phrase "[insert band here] saved my life" It just makes the person sound a bit drama queen-ish.

My Chemical Romance have such a strong impact on people that are fans. In a way MCR are people's second thoughts, conscience ect. ect.

Its the reason I love this band so much. They really are aware of what they do. They know the things that they say will have an impact on people. Which I think is why at concerts Gerard is going in between songs and saying meaningful things. Whether its "When people fall help them up" or "Wasting your life away on suicide is bull shit" or never let someone destroy you.

On my part the band helped save my life because they made me realize that commiting suicide was one stupid was to die. It was cowardly. I thought about the different things that the guys went through during LOTMS and saw that they went through harder things than me. And that made me see that even though life is pretty hard at the moment. I can get through it. MCR are always that little nudge of mine of 'things are going to be ok'

So my answer to this thread is No. They dont save lives. They just help people save their own lives. This band gives people endless strength to keep on living, carry on, live each day as if its their last and on and on.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
February 28th, 2007 at 12:31am
My Chemical Romance didn't save my life, but Gerard Way helped to. I was a messed up kid, let's leave it at that.

unapologetic apathy:
It's become too overused. It's like people just try to say it to be cool now.
iawtc. If you can't back up your claim don't say it.
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
February 28th, 2007 at 01:31am
I can only speak for myself on this. It took me a long time to realize what MCR meant to me, but I know now. I was at the breaking point for a long time. I tried talking to people. My friends don't like to talk about personal issues, and my parents just plain didn't listen when I told them how severely depressed I had been for months. They basically said I don't have a good reason for it, and left it at that. They didn't acknowledge a word I said. Suicide was the next step. I didn't like where my life was going, and didn't see a way to change it. I really don't know if I would have had the guts to do it or not, had I not found MCR, or if I would have just let everything in my life waste away into a shattered mess. Actually, what did it for me was some of the things Gerard said in LOTMS. They hit home so hard, I broke down crying while watching. Gerard is one of those people that can't be ignored. Love him or hate him, you still listen. His words made me stop and think about what I was doing, and not doing for that matter. They gave me the courage to turn my life upside down, and do what I wanted. I'm now happy with my life for the first time in ages, and am headed in a positive direction. That I do owe to MCR. So, I guess if you think about it, had I let my life continue down the path of destruction it was headed, I very well may not be here. Bottom line, MCR changed my life in a huge way, and made it alright to be me. I feel like I'm good enough for this planet now. I don't know if I would have gone through with suicide or not, but in a way they are my saviors, and I am forever grateful to them for that.
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
February 28th, 2007 at 05:36am
Tragic.:
They save lives.
Done.

well said Clap
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
February 28th, 2007 at 06:42am
people save their own lives.
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
February 28th, 2007 at 06:46am
although mcr help people save their lives
its too late at night for me to think
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
February 28th, 2007 at 12:00pm
Yaoi Owns You:
because sometimes people thinkk they're all alone in the world. They're afraid and they're disconnected from their families, classmates, etc. Its tough being alone and being different. When you find yourself at the edge, you can't think of everyone you'll leave behind, you can't think about getting help, all you know is that knife (pills, beer whatever) you have in your hand and the "escape" you'll get once the deed is done.

But then you find out that you're not alone. That someone somewhere knows exactly what you're going though. You know you can make it though because you know they're there right beside you. You can survive because someone somewhere knows what its like and knows you can get through it.

When you think about it, My Chem does save lives, because if it wasn't for them, I would have taken that extra step, I would have killed myself.

They're my own personal angels. They saved me. And I continually thank whoevers up there in the sky for bringing them to me everyday

That's it.
The Rachel
Always Born a Crime
The Rachel
February 28th, 2007 at 12:02pm
BeautifulxRomance:
I can only speak for myself on this. It took me a long time to realize what MCR meant to me, but I know now. I was at the breaking point for a long time. I tried talking to people. My friends don't like to talk about personal issues, and my parents just plain didn't listen when I told them how severely depressed I had been for months. They basically said I don't have a good reason for it, and left it at that. They didn't acknowledge a word I said. Suicide was the next step. I didn't like where my life was going, and didn't see a way to change it. I really don't know if I would have had the guts to do it or not, had I not found MCR, or if I would have just let everything in my life waste away into a shattered mess. Actually, what did it for me was some of the things Gerard said in LOTMS. They hit home so hard, I broke down crying while watching. Gerard is one of those people that can't be ignore. Love him or hate him, you still listen. His words made me stop and think about what I was doing, and not doing for that matter. They gave me the courage to turn my life upside down, and do what I wanted. I'm now happy with my life for the first time in ages, and am headed in a positive direction. That I do owe to MCR. So, I guess if you think about it, had I let my life continue down the path of destruction it was headed, I very well may not be here. Bottom line, MCR changed my life in a huge way, and made it alright to be me. I feel like I'm good enough for this planet now. I don't know if I would have gone through with suicide or not, but they are my saviors in a way, and I am forever grateful to them for that.

wow thats pretty much everything i said, but said a whole lot better.
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
February 28th, 2007 at 12:17pm
You can't say they didn't save people's lives because you are not that person that they saved(if that makes sense). You can't say to someone 'they didn't save your life' coz how the hell do you know that they didnt? People react to things differently. One of the few things keeping me going at the moment, is My Chemical Romance and their music. To be honest with you, if there was no My Chemical Romance, I doubt that I would be sitting here typing this. If people have been suicidal and My Chemical Romance have stopped them from doing that coz they listened to one of their songs or interviews then yes, they have saved lives. My Chem are special. And I personally hope that they keep doing what they do just so kids don't kill themselves because they don't feel like they are understood. My Chem know how we feel, they've been there and they don't want people to waste away their lives because no one would listen or whatever. All I can say is Thank God for My Chemical Romance!
degaussed.
Jazz Hands
degaussed.
February 28th, 2007 at 01:08pm
I can't say for sure if they save lives, but they sure as hell brighten them up.