Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
December 8th, 2007 at 09:37pm
Dirty Jersey.:
Yes they do.

I know that they saved mine.

Im not going to say how cuz this isnt a confession thread and I dont really like talking about my past and present problems

But, they made me have a purpose.

They made me feel like a real person.

I owe my life to them.

^^ Agree entirely.... can't stand when I can't tell my little sister why they're "not "just a band" or not "just people" because she's too big mouthed for me to tell about my shit... they're awesome. And the music almost wasn't enough for me a lot of times... I think Ray's hair saved me... it makes me smile (wow that sounds really retarded) and Gerard saved me more. Even if everything else is complete shit, quotes from him totally keep me alive. They're not just people to those of us who listen to them to keep from killing themselves.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
December 8th, 2007 at 10:04pm
For some people they do,some they don't.
They saved mine,I know that much.
kasut sekolah
Bleeding on the Floor
kasut sekolah
December 8th, 2007 at 11:12pm
They definitely saved my life.
i was going through so much until i "discovered" them.
gerard really inspired me.

"Believe in yourselves.Dont take anyone else's sh*t and dont let them take you alive"
that quote really made me feel inspired.
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
December 8th, 2007 at 11:48pm
They helped me get friends... i was a complete loner MAJORLY and now i have so many friends that have the same intrests as me

Mikey also inspired me to play bass... i can play all of their songs on bass now which makes me feel so good.
(psssst.... Mikey if you need another break... call me)

So i would say yes MCR have saved my life
lolis12007
Really Not Okay
lolis12007
December 9th, 2007 at 12:11am
they save lives in a sort of way...cuz if a person didn't know who they were before they llisttened to MCR then that is like saving the life they wouldn't have if they never listened to mcr

it's weird though dorry if it doesn't make sense....

they saved me from being someone else!!
baby ruthless
Salute You in Your Grave
baby ruthless
December 20th, 2007 at 12:18am
Yes
They've saved mine many a time
and a bunch of my friend's/ex-friend
Such A Pansy.
Banned
Such A Pansy.
December 25th, 2007 at 10:15pm
they've saved my life more then once.
little birds.
Salute You in Your Grave
little birds.
December 26th, 2007 at 07:40am
Yes they do. Not for everyone, but for some people, yes.
I wouldn't say they saved mine, but they made it a LOT better, their music gave me a purpose. Plus, before I heard MCR, I was a complete loner and I never talked, because I was afraid to be myself. They taught me it's okay to be myself and I now have some really good friends.

so, yes they do.
elizaFREAK
Killjoy
elizaFREAK
December 26th, 2007 at 08:12am
They haven't saved my life, but they helped me feel unbelieveable happiness... if that makes sense. For the past year I've been emotionally (and to some degree physically) abused by 2 people and I've been miserable for a while, but on decemeber 1st, just being around every other MCR fan at that concert and screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs along with everyone else that knew every single word.. it was amazing and gave me a happiness I've never felt.

So I guess I owe that happiness to MCR and all the fans too.
Demoliton Lovers
Killjoy
Demoliton Lovers
December 31st, 2007 at 07:32pm
well...
idk bout other ppl..
but i thought of it this way..
cemetery drive-wat ppl wuld think after i killed myself..
famous last words-what i should have been saying to myself
our lady of sorrows-what mcr and other ppl were tellin me
it might sound stupid..
but thats how i thought of it..
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
December 31st, 2007 at 08:39pm
i think they do save lives
they give people a purpose to live.
i'd be lying if i said they'd saved my life but they made it a hell of a lot better, theyve given me more confidence and self esteem than i could ever have imagined and they continue to do so.
i know that if my life ever did need saving the music would always be there to fall back on.

MCR is definately a way of life :]
Noxmorexlies
Jazz Hands
Noxmorexlies
December 31st, 2007 at 09:42pm
MCR does save lives, they saved mine and gave me enough strength to try once again and keep going. When I slip and things get tough to where I'm not sure if I can stay strong I'll turn on their music and listen to their words and lyrics. It's as easy for other people to understand that because, they might never have gotten to such a low point. It gives me a good feeling to know that I can lean on them in a way. That's why, I really respect MCR and I'm so glad that I came to listen to the band because without their words I don't know where I'd be right now.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
January 1st, 2008 at 02:13am
Hey, you guys;

What's up?! I've been reading this thread, and you guys, I have to admit...I've been really saddened by a lot of stuff in this thread. It saddens me to think that so many of you guys feel so disconnected in this world, that the people with whom you relate on the deepest level are the members of MCR.

I mean, I do definitely think that their music connects with people in a powerful way, but still....We all need people IN OUR LIVES with whom we can connect. I'm so sorry that a lot of you guys feel so disconnected. Whatever you do, don't give up...keep searching, because you WILL find people with whom you will be able to connect. There are plenty of people in this world...people beyond the people that are in your lives now.

I swear, you guys, there are people who understand you. Just don't give up...and for those of you who think MCR saved your life, it's not true. You saved YOUR OWN lives...MCR was just the catalyst for that happening.

You guys are stronger than you think, so try to have alittle more faith in yourselves. MCR may have played an influence in saving your life, but YOU GUYS are the ones who chose to hang on. The guys didn't burst into your room and stop you from doing ANYTHING...the truth is, you found that strength IN YOURSELF, and MCR just provided the wake-up call.

You guys are all strong people, and you deserve JUST as much credit, if not more, than MCR...and I'm not just blowing smoke here. You guys are awesome!!!
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
January 1st, 2008 at 02:15pm
colorblind.:
They definitely saved my life.
i was going through so much until i "discovered" them.
gerard really inspired me.

"Believe in yourselves.Dont take anyone else's sh*t and dont let them take you alive"
that quote really made me feel inspired.

that quote inspired a lot of people, i know it inspired me.
and MCR has saved my life a million times over. i think a good portion of us would b in a different place now if it weren't for them.
liveyourlife89
Fabulous Killjoy
liveyourlife89
January 7th, 2008 at 01:20am
i think they do.

they didn't save my life literally, but they saved me in the sense that they opened up my mind to a lot of things. now i actually listen to music and stand up for what i believe in.

before them i was really quiet and afraid of life. now i embrace it and enjoy it. smile, laugh, and do what i want without caring what pepole think a lot more. it's funny, because their songs can be pretty dark, but somehow it makes me feel better about things. they've made me feel that raw beauty is the most honest and true, and that being yourself should never make you feel bad.
<3
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
January 7th, 2008 at 06:37am
not mine. but i believe most of the people who say they were saved by mcr (or their songs at least)
it's not a doubtful claim in the first place.
a lot of their songs give a lot of hope.
idk if it's just me or listening to them really gives you the feeling that you aren't the only one going through the same hard thing. and not to mention, that the five guys we all look up to now have gone through hard times and depressing situations too.
just that thought can already save many lives. (:
Patrick Martin Stump
Motor Baby
Patrick Martin Stump
January 7th, 2008 at 06:58am
My Chem have saved my life and I do believe that's what they are there for. I don't fit in anywhere and I'm a total outcast. People bully me, but now I can hold my head high because I know I'm worth more than them. Maybe a few month ago, I would have ended it. Not just because of the bullying, but because of a lot of other shit too. But Gerard and Mikey and the other guys have been through tough times too, and if they can make it, so can I. As long as I have my personal guardian angels and their music, I know I can carry on in this crappy world.
Skittles.Vampire.
Joining The Black Parade
Skittles.Vampire.
January 7th, 2008 at 07:17am
They Saved Mine.
On more than one occasion.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
January 7th, 2008 at 07:26am
Even if the band broke up.
It doesn't change the fact that the music will always be here.
& Thats generally what saves lives.
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 7th, 2008 at 04:13am
This band didn't save my life
But they made it.

They made it feel special to me.
And I think that's INCREDIBLE
I'm sure no other band has done this;
And I'm sure no other made has made me feel this good about life.
A feeling in your heart;__♥.
Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds.
But it's all worth it.
Every bit.

Every tear I've shed for that band;
All the laughs, smiled, and many other emotions.
Have been all worth it to get to this point.
I hope they know that.
<3