Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
KN!VES
Joining The Black Parade
KN!VES
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:45pm
My Chemical Romance is the type of band that is genuine. Five guys just as fucked up as we are, and they're not ashamed to step down from the peak of their fame and meet us at our level.
Yes, their music has saved me numerous times from just giving up, and it's also inspired me to take better care for myself, and to not back down.
The music itself cannot save a person. It's how the listener hears the song, and how the singer puts him or herself into the lyrics.

It's the common ground that saves lives.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:43am
KN!VES:
My Chemical Romance is the type of band that is genuine. Five guys just as fucked up as we are, and they're not ashamed to step down from the peak of their fame and meet us at our level.
Yes, their music has saved me numerous times from just giving up, and it's also inspired me to take better care for myself, and to not back down.
The music itself cannot save a person. It's how the listener hears the song, and how the singer puts him or herself into the lyrics.

FUCK YEAH
well sayd!!
avenge_your_ghost
Killjoy
avenge_your_ghost
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:55pm
i agree that mcr is a band that does save lives and that they r just like us . their music makes me feel better about myself and what is going around me they have made me feel like i belonf\g to this world and no matter what death is not the answer
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
May 28th, 2007 at 03:07pm
MCR does save lives, and to me if you don't see it you are just blind to everything that they have been through. I never liked Gerard because it scared me how I was a thirteen year old girl seeing a psychologist hvaing the same thoughts of this guy who is twenty-seven. MCR saved my life in a way, because I know now that I am not the only one, or was not the only one feeling the same way at the time. During that same time, I lost my great grandmother in the same year, just a month later... and I didn't know what to do. But then I heard Helena, and the Ghost Of You.. and MCR helped me.

MCR saves lives. That is what they were put here to do.
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:28pm
Their music sort-of has saved my life. Before I started listening to them I wasn't happy. At all. My "friends" weren't really friends and to me, the world hated me. At the time I wasn't suicidal but if things would have carried on the way they were doing I would be now. MCR have also saved my life metaphorically if that makes sense. I mean like making me happy. And even though I'm just some 13 year old girl, I know that there's people who've had the same thoughts and feelings as me. And they're living proof that it can be overcome.
So yeah, they do save lives.
But I think that some people do just say it for the sake of saying it. just to be "cool" or because they think they should. And I don't think that's right.
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:56pm
MCR have definitely saved my life. I never thought i could have proper friends and that i didn't think i could ever face up to the bullies and shit in my life. But MCR gave me the hope and now i've got some of the most amazing friends ever [Most of this website which is an MCR website :p] and i dont get bullied anymore. I've even got friends at school that mean alot to me and my life has just become so much better since finding MCR. Yeah, they truly can save lives.
gerard-saved-my-soul
Fabulous Killjoy
gerard-saved-my-soul
May 28th, 2007 at 05:14pm
Well...all I know is that they saved mine. why? I was really sick and depressed for about 7 years, I was suicidal and than MCR gave me something to belive in again, something to love and hold on to. They gave me my life back. So....yeah..they saved my life!
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
May 29th, 2007 at 10:02am
KN!VES:

You took the words right from my mouth...

Yep, they do save lives..they saved mine
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 29th, 2007 at 01:08pm
KN!VES:

Clap well put.
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
May 29th, 2007 at 01:30pm
KN!VES:

yeeeeeeeeeap exactly.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 30th, 2007 at 09:05am
well they did not save mine,, but what they did was inspire me to do somthing mysefl and help my self .. and they made me another person,,, i dont know how to put it..
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
May 30th, 2007 at 10:12am
My Chem is probably the best thing that has happened to any of us. The first time that I heard MCR, it made me welcome. And the time that Gerard had said in a interview about us being called a cult, but he said we're an army. And I believe it and I believe that there's no better fans than us. My Chem are orginals and no one can stop. They help me see not to give in or give up especially I was close to being suidical. But they were there for me. When people hear me talk about My Chem all the time, they would tell me shut the fuck up. But I probably flip them the bird and kept talking. They don't understand me or them or us. That's how MCR is a huge part of my life.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 30th, 2007 at 10:15am
yeah somepeople dont understand the prettyness that is mcrVery Happy
zombie jamboree.
Salute You in Your Grave
zombie jamboree.
May 30th, 2007 at 10:27am
MCR didn't exactly save my live when I first started listening to them but they made me feel a hell of a lot better and a lot more human. My grandpa and my cat had died a few months previous to WTTBP's release and as you can imagine, i was as depressed as hell. Then came that song and it was the perfect song for what I was going through at the time. It was about the right topic at the right time. I suddenly realised MCR were a band who were bringing songs about real life that could help me understand things a lot more.

I can relate to each of their songs and Gee sings them with such passion, it feels like he's speaking directly to you and guiding you through the hard times.

Just last week, I felt terrible, worthless and ugly (well, i am but that can't be helped) and felt no one really cared about me. I felt so alone until I turned on my music and started dancing round. Then I felt like someone actually knew what I was going through.

This is just my opinion obviously.
Mikey_Way_is_my_hero
Fabulous Killjoy
Mikey_Way_is_my_hero
June 22nd, 2007 at 11:13pm
i think my chem saved my life.. and they brought me out of many depressions.. that i stil deal with now.. i can get really depressed with alot of things with my fam and stuff and if my bf cant get to me he tells me to listen to my chem. they can calm me down no matter how frusterated i can get.
i love them! they saved my life.. and if they wernt there to bring me out of my frusterations they could get alot worse and could be deadly
Jepha.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jepha.
June 22nd, 2007 at 11:30pm
No, I dont think they save lives.
the_black_parade_kid
Fabulous Killjoy
the_black_parade_kid
June 22nd, 2007 at 11:34pm
more then haklf of people that listen to MCr were saved by them.. i mean if you dont know that what they do saved lives then you just a weirdo
Mikey_Way_is_my_hero
Fabulous Killjoy
Mikey_Way_is_my_hero
June 23rd, 2007 at 12:55pm
ayee; sam.:
No, I dont think they save lives.

ok just curious how can you not think they save lives? especially when you read all the things on here and all the people who say they saved their life?
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
June 23rd, 2007 at 02:34pm
i KNOW they save lves. They saved mine and my Best friends. And i thank them everyday for it. I LOVE THEM FOR IT. Me or my best friend wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them.
Jepha.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jepha.
June 23rd, 2007 at 02:38pm
You save your life.
Not a band
sure they help, but they don`t save you.