Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
Gee_luvs_mcr
Killjoy
Gee_luvs_mcr
March 1st, 2007 at 01:35pm
i think they do save lives .... they didnt really save my life but they helped me by listening to their songs it made me realise that dreams can come true and that i shouldnt care what anyone else thinks !!!

I LOVE MCR !!!
Annika.
Motor Baby
Annika.
March 1st, 2007 at 05:58pm
Yes they do.

Okay I was depressed, and I was very lost. But MCR changed me, I really don't know if they saved me. .. Hmm..
But I don't know where I would be now if I never knew about MCR.
lacerationCysso
Killjoy
lacerationCysso
March 1st, 2007 at 06:45pm
I think they've all saved my life. I'm going through a depression lately because I've been backstabbed and I've been hurt so badly. Whenever I listen to one of their songs, I perk back up for the time being. Especially Our Lady of Sorrows. That song helps me realize that there's people around me that want to help me, I just can't see them because I've been blinded by my depression.

edit: And looking at that post with Welcome To The Black Parade, I think I've just found another saviour song. I just hadn't realized it until now.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 1st, 2007 at 06:49pm
BERTS MCWHORE:
people save their own lives.

true.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:05am
xXxLadyofSorrowXxX:
BERTS MCWHORE:
people save their own lives.

true.

It is true
But the way I see it is that MCR gives people the power to save their own life
Annika.
Motor Baby
Annika.
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:23am
x_pansy:

It is true
But the way I see it is that MCR gives people the power to save their own life

That's true.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:24am
^^ exactally. Knowing people have gone though what you are going through, knowing that no one has a perfect life, and knowing there are other people out there who can understand and empathise with what you are going through can empower you to save your life,

mcr empower people to save themselves so i would say yes they can save your life.
emergencypatientxx
Fabulous Killjoy
emergencypatientxx
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:55am
Because kids think there is nothing out there to help them
they think people are using,hurting, ANTHING to them
and no one will help

the words of the songs can touch people
it actually says alot if you catually ever sit down and
read thier lyrics
espically for famous last words i think

that is the song that saved my life
cause well
They never gave up.
They were in a haunted mansion and facing depression
Not only that but having the fans expectations on thier shoulders
i think just adds to it.
Im not okay i can also see saving peoples lives
Im not sure everyone has thier different views in things.
Mrs.BobBryar
Killjoy
Mrs.BobBryar
March 2nd, 2007 at 12:45pm
i was going through a depression andi was sitting there in my room with a razor blade to my wrist and about to cut as deep as i could then i heard Famous last words and i was listening to the lyrics and i heard what gerard was saying and i cryed for about 1 hour and i though i could relate to him in that 1 song i didn't bleed to death
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
March 2nd, 2007 at 12:48pm
I think so. They're music has helped me through difficult times. That's why those lyrics are in my sig.
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
March 2nd, 2007 at 01:08pm
people save their own lives, but MCR guide them from suicide.
frankismyhomefry
Killjoy
frankismyhomefry
March 2nd, 2007 at 01:36pm
I woudn't say i was suicidal, but mcr made me feel alot better about myself. in a way i think they really do save lives if you like them that much
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
March 5th, 2007 at 08:38am
All these things you've written here made me think about my own life. I can honesty say that MCR didn't safe my life. I was living before I started to listen them and I think I will be alive even they'll broke up some day... Actually MCR made my life only better than it was. When my mam died and I was bullied in school I was going through maybe the most difficult times in my hole life. Then I found music, and it was and still is very important thing in my life...

Even MCR didn't safe my life, I'm not making fun any of those fans who said they did. I think it's great that they've found something so good that they decided to keep living. I'm so sorry about my English, I know it might be not-so-good as you can hope but I'm working on it. Smile
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 5th, 2007 at 09:28am
i MCR have saved some lives truely, but mine? it has to be a yes and no. i've been through some hard shit for a while now, mostly personal nowadays. the black parade has helped me with the death of my uncle from cancer this past december, and yes there were moments that i felt like i would want to end it... but i think it's your own self that has the ability to save your life. yes, listening to the music helps, but you need to come to your senses as well.
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
March 5th, 2007 at 09:50am

MCR literally stopped me from ending my life.

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) will always be the song that saved me.

I owe them the world.

Shatterwall
Motor Baby
Shatterwall
March 5th, 2007 at 10:06am
I have to say no. A song/band whatever cannot make you save your life if you have proper suicdal depression. A very close relative of mine had severe depression and commited suicide. I could have thrown every MCR cd in world at her and she still would have done it, hell I could have thrown all the songs in the world at her and she still would have done it. People who say "MCR saved my life" were never suicidal in the first place. They may have toyed with the idea, but they definitely weren't serious. Otherwise they would have gone through with it. The only people that properly save your lives when you're in that situation are psychiatrists. Bands may help you along the way and give you something to cling to, but they definitely dont save your life.

Personally, I was a bit miffed when Gerard started talking about suicide and saying its the shitty way out. He clearly knows bugger all about it. Suicide is different in everybody's situation. In my case, the NHS didn't do enough to help and no one in the family could really see any way out for her. So when she commited suicide, I didn't feel she was taking the "shitty way out" at all, I felt she died when she wanted, how she wanted. It was better than her dying when she wasn't ready. And it was better than the mental pain and frustration of waiting for a "cure" that was never going to come.
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
March 5th, 2007 at 02:57pm
They didn't save mine. Sure, they made me a much better person on hte inside, bit I don't think I ever had any serious problems with my life like some people I know.

I agree with what you're saying about people who say MCR saved my life when they never were suicicdal. ^

I think they say it to fit in or whatever.

I'm not sure, maybe in some cases they could.

And I'm not sure if he ever was, but I don't think Gerard can say anthing about it if he never was suicidal.
DeathDisco;;
Fabulous Killjoy
DeathDisco;;
March 5th, 2007 at 03:39pm
i do believe they save lives because their music is just so imspiring and amazing and they let you know that your not alone. ive never been that desperate that i could say they saved my life, but they have changed it completely and i don't think i could live with out them!
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 5th, 2007 at 04:13pm
So, obviously they do have an effect. But here's a new question: What song saved your life?
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
March 5th, 2007 at 04:27pm
Well, I live for MCR. I certainly wouldn't die without My Chem, but I wouldn't be living either. Maybe I'd be a zombie or something.