Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
alyce
Killjoy
alyce
March 5th, 2007 at 04:47pm
While they haven't saved my physical life, they sure as hell saved my emotional one. I can see how it is possible for them to save a physical life, but then the life was most likley about to end due to emotional hardships. It's unquestionable that they've saved many people from one thing or another.
Im.A.Screamer-MCRmy-
Motor Baby
Im.A.Screamer-MCRmy-
March 5th, 2007 at 05:50pm
Well, I wouldn't say i was depressed, but they have inspired me to be a better fuckin person.
Gee sobering up showed me I was throwing my life aw*y.

&& something he said has gotten me through alot of tough days;;
Be yourself,
don't take anybody's shit,
and never let them take you alive.
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
March 5th, 2007 at 06:41pm
i was so depressed at one point in my life
i thought about suicide. but then i heard gerard's story
and i listend to their music.
its not just music.
its so deep.
ilovethemsomuch <3
konton.
Always Born a Crime
konton.
March 5th, 2007 at 08:07pm
of course they do.
I mean, they didn't really save my life, but I'm sure they save other people's lives.
sweet children
Really Not Okay
sweet children
March 5th, 2007 at 08:22pm
they have kept me sane. when i come home and feel like shit and have nobody to talk to i listen to them , they replace everyone else in my life who i should be able to talk to about problems or anything really that arent there. if i didnt find them, i would be one fucked up person. there lyrics are really true and they make you feel like you have a purpose and your important and you can be yourself and shouldtn have to care if other people dont like it. i mean, gerards story abotu how it saved his life is really great to me , he thought he was lacking purpose in his life. but look at him now. and if it wasnt for mcr he probably wouldnt be here today, and i bet some other kids wouldnt be here either. i dont know, that might not make sense
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
March 5th, 2007 at 09:54pm
I think that sometimes people feel like screaming out how bad they feel, and some songs do that for them. I think that it's like the music takes the anger and sadness and exposes it, so we no longer have to dwell on it. That's my opinion. I mean MCR has sure alwayed me to let go of my problems. I think that's good.<3
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
March 7th, 2007 at 12:08am
Well, their music helped me cope through depression. Welcome to the Black Parade kept me walking. Who knew an emo/punk rock band could do this?! I'll love 'em ill i die.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 7th, 2007 at 01:15am
im not too sure because i havent been in a suicidal situation before, but
I think they kind of inspire you to live, they dont 'save' your life by coming up to
you and taking a knife out of your hands but I think they kind of help you/make you want to live through their songs. [like the post on WTTBP]
they havent saved my life as of yet but their quotes/what they say and some lines in their songs, help me be a better person.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
March 7th, 2007 at 04:13am
yes.

the end
Kirstyf
Jazz Hands
Kirstyf
March 9th, 2007 at 07:42am
Re the song question.

I can't say they have actually saved my life because while I've been depressed it never got that bad.

I honestly can't say I can identify one particular song that's responsible for helping me. I think its basically that I can find something in their songs that helps whatever the situation is. Their interviews are a big part of it too.

There have been other bands in my life that have done the same, just at the moment MCR are a big feature.
ILostMyFearOfFalling
Killjoy
ILostMyFearOfFalling
March 9th, 2007 at 12:42pm
Im depressed and sucidal..
...In a strange way!

I don't really want to be alive anymore, but i dont know if i would kill myself !
Though- i still have those thoughts in my head, but thinking about just lying in a coffin with no mcr honestly scares the living shit outta me Shocked
So in a way, they're kinda saving my life right now...

But seriously, think about it! No mcr Surprised

I know one thing for sure.
When i die, -of natural causes-, im gonna be buried with some kind of neverending mp3-player so i can listen to mcr all death long Laughing
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
March 9th, 2007 at 02:28pm
I think they do.

They make you feel like someone understands. If they got through it, you can.

There lyrics make you feel like there takling to you, they know exactly what you're going to. For me they make me laugh and cry. Theyev got me through some really hard times, when i feel like there's nothing less i can listen to the black parade.

Carry On

Headfirst for Halos.

Think Happy Thoughts

Cancer.

The Hardest part of this is leaving you

Im Not Okay.

What will it take to show you that its not the life it seems

Famous Last Words.

I am not afraid to keep on living, i am not afraid to walk this world alone

And many more, they all make me hope. And they keep me going...

And even though i doubt id have the guts to kill myself. They remind me that theres more out there, if i can only carry on and find it....
Chibi
Banned
Chibi
March 9th, 2007 at 02:38pm
They totally save lives!!! I was like on the edge, but then I heard that they'd be coming to town and it made me rethink whether or not I really wanted to die...
aww x sugar
Killjoy
aww x sugar
March 9th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Yes, bands save lives. I know it sounds really stupid but they do. Because their songs have meanings to people. They could put out ONE song and it could help a person cope with something because it helps them know that everything is going to be okay. MCR didn't exactly save my life, but there have been quite alot of songs by other bands that keep me from doing something I will regret. So yes, I believe MCR could have saved someone's life. If not mine or yours, then someone else.
coffeejunkielikeWHOA
Really Not Okay
coffeejunkielikeWHOA
March 9th, 2007 at 03:30pm
I believe that MCR does and has saved lives.

For me I have mixed feeling about weather they are saving my life or just destroying it. MCR are the reason I’m here right now and are the reason I still haven’t gone threw with killing myself yet. At the same I time I feel like their reason I’m so fucked, why I’m so depressed and suicidal. I can’t explain why I feel that way about them, but I just do. I have a love and hate relation ship with MCR but all I know is that they are the reason I’m here right now and I that I defiantly love them more then anything and more then i hate them. As to saving my life permanently…I’m not sure they will be able to do it but I sure as hell hope so because if they can’t do it then…i don't think anyone can.
HeavenHelpUsxx
Fabulous Killjoy
HeavenHelpUsxx
March 9th, 2007 at 11:04pm
They did save me, although not from physically hurting myself or the like, but more from who I was and what I had become. All better explained in my intro::

"..I have been a big fan of MCR for a while now, not sure how long. I had only one off period when I fell into middle school uniformity and lost myself. Truely in that half a year, I didn't remember who I was anymore. Basically I was a fake and that's when I went into my poor MCR crypt, that then only had 3 songs (I'm Not Okay, Helena, and The Ghost of You). I started to listen to them more and more frequently before being in Icing one day shopping for headbands. Welcome To The Black Parade came on and I told my mom we just HAD to go get The Black Parade CD right then and there. And that's when my fandom was reborn. Since then I have almost every MCR song and love them all.

The point is, MCR changed my life. It brought me back from the ghost of who I was, just another zombie that was slave to being controlled by others. Finally I feel that MCR has taught me to be myself, and not to fall back into what others think I should be. I think that if I hadn't been in Icing that day, I might still be the hollow, sad creature I had become. I truely must thank MCR for their songs and bringing me back from my own 'death'."

That explains it all. And I can understand how others were saved from other problems; the music brings a light into your life and shows you that everything will be okay. I guess that's the ebst way that I can explain it.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 9th, 2007 at 11:08pm
Quinn.:
yes.

the end
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
March 10th, 2007 at 01:18am
Well, obviously they don't physically save lives (flying to the rescue when someone's about to jump off a cliff), but I suppose that their music and words of inspiration are so powerful that it impacts the way many in dark periods of their lives think. It just alters their thoughts and feelings, because it has that big of an impact. They never saved my life, but it's good to tune yourself out of reality and just live in the music. It's nice, it calms me down when I'm infuriated or when I'm really sad. It makes me feel even better when I'm happy and it gets me pumped in the morning. It's so damn inspirational. And shit, their music gives my ears eargasms. Period.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 10th, 2007 at 02:09am
If only people would stop throwing that phrase around. It used to mean so much more...
crosstowntraffic
Killjoy
crosstowntraffic
March 10th, 2007 at 02:14am
it's beautiful that their music has saved peoples' lives. that's the power of music. i don't think my life needed saving, but when i discovered them, my attitude certainly did. i am a musician and was trying to make myself into a certain kind of artist which was damaging me. i heard their music and what they had to say and quickly came into my own as a musician. (i sound nothing like them, haha its just me and a piano) i guess one could say mcr saved my musical life. i think of their music as a gift.