Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
March 22nd, 2007 at 07:00am
i think MCR ' saving lives' can have lots of different meanings, literal ly and figuratively... it varies from person to person..but even if to you they didnt ' save you life' they definetly make an impact. its impossible to really listen to mcr and not be touched in some way..
Tealia
Killjoy
Tealia
March 22nd, 2007 at 10:28am
I wouldn't say My Chemical Romance saved my life. In fact I never thought anyone could save my life in the first place. Sure, I admitted to people at church that I was suicidal and my friend just burst into tears at it and they were telling me to believe in God and all that jazz.. But it never really helped/I hated to be told to believe in something I don't want to believe in.

I guess MCR was more along side me whenever I felt lonely in life and sometimes their songs would actually push me towards suicide more at times. Now I'm sure whoever is reading this is going like, "WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!!" or something, but just realize that I am still alive right now.

MCR didn't save me, but was more along side me. Gerard's voice would slowly slip into my mind whenever I'm daydreaming or just thinking or feeling really down, coaxing me with his lyrics. I guess you could say that, in a way, they "saved me", but I don't believe they did.
yilujayss
Fabulous Killjoy
yilujayss
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:13am
Xxbury me in blackxX:
i think they do save lives. i think its because people can see what they've been through, and relate to that. there is so many people in my school that have started to like my chem since the black parade came out and they all used to be chavs and now they are saying they are emos!!!!!! its really annoying because they are always saying that my chem saved their lives when they didnt and they think its ok to say that and its not.
they didnt save my life but they changed it for the better and when never you need help with living, you can listen to their songs and you feel comforted because you know that they have been through it.

i agree with that......they kinda did save mine i guess in a way....i was going to end my life three years ago and thats when i found out about mcr and as soon as i put their music on i'd forget about all the shit in my life....i dunno...kinda sad but meh
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:11pm
yea, they do save lives.
and the fact that its overused by people who never had real problems in their lives just because they want to fit in to all MCR fans, is....kinda stupid. because you can like them just as much even if they did not save your life.

music makes you feel. honest lyrics make you feel even more. their lyrics are about life, how it doesnt go the way we want it to, about problems and over-coming them, all thhose crappy feeling everyone gets sometimes and listening to the songs makes you feel better. then these guys that make that music, are these nicest honest guys that have problems, but admit it and kinda say to you like "we can work our problems and live our lives, so can you" you can relate to them, you can like them, you feel like you're not alone.
hell yea all this can save your life.

my life never got to a point where i needed to be saved. what MCR did to me, was open my eyes to see that i was on a road to that point. so does that mean they saved me? yyyeah, kinda i guess, kinda not.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:47pm
They saved mewhen I felt alone. I thought my life was falling apart, and they let me have something to hold onto. They helped me connect with Amanda and without her and Elizabeth I'm not sure I would have survived 8th grade without Anna.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 24th, 2007 at 03:40pm
yea, i don't understand that either...
but apparently, they do.

what can i say?
they are amazing
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 03:48pm
I can't speak for everyone, I think they've got a different effect on everyone. But for me, they've saved my life figuratively, in that they've kept me from becoming really depressed, and in that I didn't listen to them for a month and I started cutting (something I haven't quite been able to stop) and seriously wanted to die.

But physically, Ithink that's subject to interpretation.
crazy_emo_chick321
Killjoy
crazy_emo_chick321
March 26th, 2007 at 01:22am
MCR really did save my life....honestly!
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 26th, 2007 at 04:57am
Absolutely. They honestly saved my life, and they continue to do so every time I feel like ending it all. They're pretty much the only reason I'm still here.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
March 26th, 2007 at 06:24am
Same here. To be honest, I recently got out on suicide but after hearing to what
Gerard went through, that was when I completely turned my back on it. They played a part in saving my life too!
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 27th, 2007 at 03:30pm
Haha, these are fun to read!
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
March 27th, 2007 at 03:32pm
I know they've helped me very very much. And when I think about it.. yeah, they did save mine.
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
March 27th, 2007 at 03:47pm
They saved my life not through their lyrics, but when I watched Life On The Murder Scene. The first five minutes they said they wanted to save lives, and then I was looking up Gerard Way quotes on the internet, and one really stood out to me.

"Don't piss away your life with suicide - its a bullshit way out." [Or something along those lines] and I realized something.

I know this sounds totally ridiculus, but I thought that if I commited suicide I would more or less, be letting MCR down. Then I listened for their songs for at least three hours in my closet thinking over things, and when I came out I decided to get help with my problem.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 27th, 2007 at 05:13pm
They're the ones who made me realize that suicide was just quiting. And I've always said that I want all those that lack perseverance shot. They're the ones who got me to turn around, and not even think that way, because I started feeling like a hypocrite.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 27th, 2007 at 07:55pm
AshenMaiden:
They saved my life not through their lyrics, but when I watched Life On The Murder Scene. The first five minutes they said they wanted to save lives, and then I was looking up Gerard Way quotes on the internet, and one really stood out to me.

"Don't piss away your life with suicide - its a bullshit way out." [Or something along those lines] and I realized something.

I know this sounds totally ridiculus, but I thought that if I commited suicide I would more or less, be letting MCR down. Then I listened for their songs for at least three hours in my closet thinking over things, and when I came out I decided to get help with my problem.

OMG that doesn't sound rediculous at all. That's exactly how I feel too. I have tried suicide before, but I haven't tried it since I got into MCR because I feel like I would be a disapointment to them (not that they actually know me of course) because of their message. Their music and their message is what keeps me going every day.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
March 28th, 2007 at 01:50am
Me too. The stuff they said in Life on the Murder Scene really got to me. Not only did it get to me but it got to other people that I showed it to.
zombie eyes
Bleeding on the Floor
zombie eyes
March 28th, 2007 at 03:39am
I'm glad you started this thread. I have always wondered how they saved people too.

Honestly, I don't think that a rock band can save a life. the only way to save a life is to personally help someone. MCR doesn't do that. they can make your world better, they can make you put suicide OFF for a little longer, but if you are seriously depressed or seriously thinking about suicide, nothing a band can do will save you from that. you need to talk to someone. Even Gerard says so. Remember when he used to say stuff like if you are depressed or suicidal you need to talk to someone, I don't care who it is, your mom, a teacher, someone at your school whatever... something like that. If a band can save you from your depression, it was never real depression to begin with.
It might be something you need medication or counseling for. Seriously, I have depression. If I had just sat there and listened to MCR in my room all day, I wouldn't be here. It was the help of my counselor, my doctor and finally communicating with my mother that helped me to steer away from it.

MCR makes the world a better place, but they don't make it perfect.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
March 28th, 2007 at 11:00am
nothing will ever make it perfect.
The Way
Joining The Black Parade
The Way
March 30th, 2007 at 02:24pm
I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
-Famous Last Words

=Pretty much kept me going. Sometimes I thought that obsessing over them is pointless because I'll never meet them anyway, and that I'm truly alone because my friends are sometimes... fake, but the truth in this song always hits me and I try not to forget.

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

=When I'm angry at anything, I just listen to this because it expresses a lot of the things I'm feeling. I feel better instantly afterwards.

It was a lie when they smiled and said 'you won't feel a thing'

=When I heard this, I thought it was one of the most amazing lyrics in the world. It's the truth, and finally, someone was speaking it. Someone understood.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
April 12th, 2007 at 09:15am
They totally saves lives. I agree with you all who say it's becoming a cliche... but MCR hasn't literally saved my life at this point, they've enhanced it, made me feel like I wasn't alone, all that good stuff. =]