Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
Old Gregg.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Old Gregg.
March 10th, 2007 at 08:05am
they do help people through depression and stuff
me and my friend feel alot less depressed because of them
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
March 10th, 2007 at 10:06am
ILostMyFearOfFalling:
I know one thing for sure.
When i die, -of natural causes-, im gonna be buried with some kind of neverending mp3-player so i can listen to mcr all death long Laughing

lol that's what I told my mum! My funeral will be a re-enactment of Helena then I will be buried with my ipod that will be hooked up to a solar panel so it keeps going and I will listen to mcr's CD's on repeat
HeavenHelpUsxx
Fabulous Killjoy
HeavenHelpUsxx
March 10th, 2007 at 12:20pm
x_pansy:
ILostMyFearOfFalling:
I know one thing for sure.
When i die, -of natural causes-, im gonna be buried with some kind of neverending mp3-player so i can listen to mcr all death long Laughing

lol that's what I told my mum! My funeral will be a re-enactment of Helena then I will be buried with my ipod that will be hooked up to a solar panel so it keeps going and I will listen to mcr's CD's on repeat

Haha I told my friends when I died that I want a Black Parade and I want MCR songs to play in my coffin for the rest of eternity. And having a re-enactment of Helena for the funeral would be awesome! Dance
Pumpkin Peazy
Bulletproof Heart
Pumpkin Peazy
March 10th, 2007 at 06:44pm
They haven't saved my life, but they make me happy. REALLY happy.
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 20th, 2007 at 06:09pm
MCR does save lives. They didn't exactly save my life, but they made me feel like i'm not alone in this world. Smile
House of Llamas
Fabulous Killjoy
House of Llamas
March 20th, 2007 at 07:08pm
They haven't exactly saved my life, but they certantly have made it a lot better. I believe this music can help people. There's just something about it that makes you happy and makes you feel like there's something more to live for.
iluvyourmom
Killjoy
iluvyourmom
March 21st, 2007 at 12:15am
I think they motivate you to save your own life. I had a bad drug and cutting problem and I bought life on the murder scene, got intrigued by it and started reading up on the band. Gerard battle with sobriety motivated me to get sober. By the way Sunday the 25th is my four months sobriety mark Smile
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 21st, 2007 at 12:53am
Yes! because for one, im no longer depressed..and whenever im stressed i just listen to them and all of it would be gone easily..

whats also amazing about them is because they are different from other band..they want to make a difference
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
March 21st, 2007 at 01:10am
Yaoi Owns You:
because sometimes people thinkk they're all alone in the world. They're afraid and they're disconnected from their families, classmates, etc. Its tough being alone and being different. When you find yourself at the edge, you can't think of everyone you'll leave behind, you can't think about getting help, all you know is that knife (pills, beer whatever) you have in your hand and the "escape" you'll get once the deed is done.

But then you find out that you're not alone. That someone somewhere knows exactly what you're going though. You know you can make it though because you know they're there right beside you. You can survive because someone somewhere knows what its like and knows you can get through it.

When you think about it, My Chem does save lives, because if it wasn't for them, I would have taken that extra step, I would have killed myself.

They're my own personal angels. They saved me. And I continually thank whoevers up there in the sky for bringing them to me everyday

You hit it right on the nail. Clap I've never gotten to the point where i felt i wanted to go over the edge. But i do feel like shit sometimes to the point where i feel useless and i questioned my own purpose. Like gerard said its like a theory. I mean he wrote his first song about 9/11 as a way to get through his experience of that day. I can said that my chemical romance saved my life because it has helped me get through a lot of stuff i've gone through and still going through. Their music calms me down when i'm overwhelmed and emotionless. It also helps to feel understanded and their music has link us to others that feel the same way about the band and how the band saved their lives. This band is different from any other lryically and for their purpose.
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
March 21st, 2007 at 03:36am
My Living Romance
You should read those stories..
My_Ethiena_Toes
Fabulous Killjoy
My_Ethiena_Toes
March 21st, 2007 at 09:35am
They say that MCR's lyrics are dark creepy, about death and that stuff...
But if you read and read the lyrics, one after the other, if you listen to there music you can see a optymistic nute.
"Im not afraid to keep on living"- the whole song for me, is actually optymistic...
"Im not okay"
For me that songs, just help...
Yes, I think that My Chem actually help pepole get out from depression, and gives life "that something".
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 21st, 2007 at 04:00pm
wannabesmart:
My Living Romance
You should read those stories..
Hey, those were pretty nifty...
kings of leon.
Always Born a Crime
kings of leon.
March 21st, 2007 at 04:52pm
On this subject, I think its become very easy for people to throw around the phrase "MCR saved my life" here there and everywhere, but it has also become common for people to call people attention seekers and call them out, telling people they have no problems and should stop being stupid or whatever. But to be honest I think everyone needs to realise that you never really know anyone, people are wired differently and sometimes they can't help the way things make them feel and how things affect them. Which is why MCR are so helpful to people, they have been there, done it, and came out the otherside happy succesful people. MCR are proof that anyone can do it, in essence, they are support hope and comfort for every kid who listens and believes in their music. They give us something to believe in, something that isnt at all tainted, its honest and with politics and everything else shitty in the world its something thats sorely lacking. I have also found that music has become bitchy, even the outcasts have outcasts, and as far as Im concerned My Chem are this "scenes" saving grace. Inspiration, hope and support are what saves people lives and i dont think its any different just because it comes from a band of people you may never have met. So yes...after this huge rant...(sorry about that) Ive come to the conclusion that they do. =]
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 21st, 2007 at 04:56pm
TangerineDreams:
On this subject, I think its become very easy for people to throw around the phrase "MCR saved my life" here there and everywhere, but it has also become common for people to call people attention seekers and call them out, telling people they have no problems and should stop being stupid or whatever. But to be honest I think everyone needs to realise that you never really know anyone, people are wired differently and sometimes they can't help the way things make them feel and how things affect them. Which is why MCR are so helpful to people, they have been there, done it, and came out the otherside happy succesful people. MCR are proof that anyone can do it, in essence, they are support hope and comfort for every kid who listens and believes in their music. They give us something to believe in, something that isnt at all tainted, its honest and with politics and everything else shitty in the world its something thats sorely lacking. I have also found that music has become bitchy, even the outcasts have outcasts, and as far as Im concerned My Chem are this "scenes" saving grace. Inspiration, hope and support are what saves people lives and i dont think its any different just because it comes from a band of people you may never have met. So yes...after this huge rant...(sorry about that) Ive come to the conclusion that they do. =]
That would have been so much easier to read if it were larger.
kings of leon.
Always Born a Crime
kings of leon.
March 21st, 2007 at 04:58pm
Oops... Embarassed
Sorry =]
X_Broken_X
Killjoy
X_Broken_X
March 21st, 2007 at 05:07pm
They keep me alive though I cut myself...EVERY song helps me!
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 21st, 2007 at 07:50pm
TangerineDreams:
Oops... Embarassed
Sorry =]
No problem. Usually I'd have no problem, but today...my eyes are kinda sore. Sorry, if I seemed curt. Smile
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 21st, 2007 at 07:51pm
X_Broken_X:
They keep me alive though I cut myself...EVERY song helps me!
You oughta stop cutting. Like now.
Cutters_Fantasy
Killjoy
Cutters_Fantasy
March 21st, 2007 at 10:06pm
the entire time i was depressed MCR was all i listened to
CorpseInThisBed
Killjoy
CorpseInThisBed
March 22nd, 2007 at 02:07am
Yaoi Owns You:
because sometimes people thinkk they're all alone in the world. They're afraid and they're disconnected from their families, classmates, etc. Its tough being alone and being different. When you find yourself at the edge, you can't think of everyone you'll leave behind, you can't think about getting help, all you know is that knife (pills, beer whatever) you have in your hand and the "escape" you'll get once the deed is done.

But then you find out that you're not alone. That someone somewhere knows exactly what you're going though. You know you can make it though because you know they're there right beside you. You can survive because someone somewhere knows what its like and knows you can get through it.

When you think about it, My Chem does save lives, because if it wasn't for them, I would have taken that extra step, I would have killed myself.

They're my own personal angels. They saved me. And I continually thank whoevers up there in the sky for bringing them to me everyday

agrees