Don't have an account? Create one!

Does My Chemical Romance really Save Lives?

AuthorMessage
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
April 12th, 2007 at 09:52am
yes...
Lovers Anonymous
Salute You in Your Grave
Lovers Anonymous
April 12th, 2007 at 10:15am
i wasn't suicidal, but i admit i had thought about it...i shut myself off from the world...living in my room, only speaking if i had to, being a complete hermit, sitting alone at school, brushing people who wanted to help me away, i just shutdown. and i dunno. mcr helped open my eyes and realise what i was doing i guess. it was like i'd been taken away from reality for a minute to observe what i had been doing to myself, to everyone who wanted to help me. the line "i am not afraid to keep on living, i am not afraid to walk his world alone" just gave me a whole new outlook on life and i thought, jeez i could die like tomorrow. i could get hit by a bus and die instantly. have i done what i've wanted to do in my lifespan? what am i doing with my life? i'm wasting away, living in my head, being depressed and self destructing. for what? is that REALLY how i want to spend the rest of my life? i think not. and i thought nothing can be so bad in my life that i have to end it. something truly amazing could happen tomorrow; and i could miss out. that's how my chem helped me get through it all. by opening my eyes and helping realise what i was doing was going to leave me with nothing. i was going to be nothing....and now when i listen to their music, it takes me to a world that i thought never existed. i can be free from stress and worries for a while. and when i'm infuriated, they calm me down. THEY are the saviours of the broken. enough said.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 12th, 2007 at 10:28am
Yes I've been through the same. I also shutted myself from everyone. Those words from Famous Last Words really got to me too...
Lovers Anonymous
Salute You in Your Grave
Lovers Anonymous
April 12th, 2007 at 11:15am
they're just so inspiring to keep going and live your life no matter how shit it may be. it can only get better right?
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 14th, 2007 at 01:35am
Yep! its because of them that I finally opened my eyes to the world. And what mcr_kicks_ass said, they are truly the saviors of the broken!!
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 14th, 2007 at 01:43am
Ditto.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
April 14th, 2007 at 06:35am
They didn't necissarily SAVE my life.
But they changed it so much, I see everything differently and I'm better because of it.
I would of been the same old conforming nobody if it wasn't for them.
I wouldn't of been brave enough to be who I am.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 14th, 2007 at 03:49pm
Well, they changed my life, that's for sure.
For the worse.
People now hate me, they made me make people hate me.
And I don't think a band would save lives, I mean, sure, people say ' I felt alone and listening to them ehlped me not feel alone' Perosnaly, I find that bull.
I mean, their ONLY a band. So that's like saying, if they didn't exist, you'd be dead.
Yeah right.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 15th, 2007 at 05:15am
Seriously, though...I'm starting to see this phrase get put out so fucking much. LMAO @ youtube commentors. It's kinda funny that you can't spell the name of your "life-saver". It's Gerard, not Gerad.Rolling Eyes Especially, since this album came out. There would have been a lot of dead teenagers before My Chem came about, if shit was that bad. I'm really starting to think that the people who rail against My Chem, calling it "music for whiny, middle-class, white suburban kids who have nothing better to do", have a point. A very minor point, of course. And not everyone who claims to have been saved by this band are lying or at least exaggerating, but there's nothing you can say to make me believe that a very large amount of them aren't bullshitting. It's tragic that these people have to fuck up something so special.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
April 15th, 2007 at 05:16am
^^ Amen to that.
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 15th, 2007 at 05:17am
They kind of made me shut down, because of all the emotions in the songs, I started to think about things I hadn't before, but then they also helped me deal with it and undersand things more
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 15th, 2007 at 05:20am
And people also need to remember that there is a distinct difference between something "changing your life" and "saving your life".
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
April 15th, 2007 at 05:25am
They CHANGED more lives than saved lives.
And yes, a good majority of the people that say that 'MCR saved my life' are lying, just to make MCR seem more special to them than to the people whose lives MCR didn't save.

MCR influence everyone, therefore they have CHANGED my life, but I am not saying that they SAVED me.
SAVED me from being a arrogant bitch, maby, but didn't save my life.
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
April 15th, 2007 at 05:36am
Know that i've written something else another day in my life, but right now i'm pretty sure that they actually DO! Not like, it's only because of them i still alive, but their music help me.. And when they say we shouldn't kill ourselves, i just can't do it.. I just can't, and i guess that's the point - they save my life.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 15th, 2007 at 05:41am
blackaisten:
Know that i've written something else another day in my life, but right now i'm pretty sure that they actually DO! Not like, it's only because of them i still alive, but their music help me.. And when they say we shouldn't kill ourselves, i just can't do it.. I just can't, and i guess that's the point - they save my life.
But were you suicidal before? They give you something to do...we all have something to do, if you were suicidal, you wouldn't be in the mood to do it.
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
April 15th, 2007 at 05:44am
I WAS suicidal.. But now i know that it would make me feel so guilty.. Cause i'm such a huge fan, and when they ask me not to do it. So i just can't.
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
April 15th, 2007 at 09:11am
Maybe they don't only save people who are suicidal.
I think they also save us by telling us to be who we are.
To never take anybodies shit.
To do what feels right.

They save lives on their own, special way.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
April 15th, 2007 at 09:34am
The band has shown me it's okay to be me and to be who I want.
They've also shown that it's okay to have problems and get through them.

In a way they have saved my life as they have kept me being who I want and not what society wants from a teenage girl.
Olga_Sleep
Joining The Black Parade
Olga_Sleep
April 15th, 2007 at 01:23pm
Yesterday i was in reanimation..
I saw pale facies of patiens.....
They were really pathetic.....

And there i recalled MCR song" DEAD!"....

And always when i am in hospital...i always recall songs from Black parade...

Can MCR save our lives? Really, they can))))
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
April 15th, 2007 at 03:01pm
Yeh, they can.. And as you guys say, they tell us who we are, and that it's okay to be ourselfes.