Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 17th, 2007 at 03:09pm
Well i first saw them in the 'Welcome To The Black Parade' video. I didn't really pay attention to them in that video, none of them caught my eye.. i was just too hyped up about the song. So then i went on YouTube and had a look at some of their other songs. The first one i watched was Helena, i loved the song but Gerard scared me, so then i didnt bother with any of their other songs. Then i heard 'Famous Last Words' and i was like "Maann their music is like heaven!" So then i didnt bother about what he looked like or how much he scared me.

Obviously ive seen all his videos now and he doesn't scare me anymore cause i know what a sweet guy he is.
Plus, his looks have grown on me.... ALOT Wink

EDIT -- PAGE CLAIM! I SHALL NAME IT... 'SCARYY GEEE!'
GerardthePatient
Killjoy
GerardthePatient
June 17th, 2007 at 05:43pm
my first impression was like, who are they, and where can i get they're first album? i was like a little kid in a sam's club sized candy store!
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
July 5th, 2007 at 04:11am
The helena video came on and I was "horrified" but Fascinated,and I couldn't tear myself away! But then I ran away and turned on my Hilary Duff CD XP

I was just like "whatever" iwas in my Panic! phase and my friend wouldn't shut up about them,but one by one i started hearing more of their music and i started adding one song after antoher to my playlist. XP
DROP DEAD!
Bleeding on the Floor
DROP DEAD!
July 5th, 2007 at 04:23am
i was like 8 and saw helena and totally fell in love with there style of music
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
July 5th, 2007 at 04:30am

I don't think I had a "strong" first feeling.
I was just like..."hmmm I'm just going to go listen to Green Day". Laughing
nilrebna.
Awake and Unafraid
nilrebna.
July 5th, 2007 at 07:46am
I was like euhm 13 when I first have heard of MCR. It was November I think. It was the clip of I'm Not Okay. I really liked it and when I heard Helena I was going crazy. So my first impression was like: WOAAW Shocked Clap
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 5th, 2007 at 09:43am
My friend was obsessed with them, and she showed me the site, which was completely decked out for Revenge at the time. I strongly remember the injury reports for some reason...(I think were 11 or 12)

My first impression was something like. "WTF morbid..." *Pause* "...Cool."

xD
My Unwanted Romance
Fabulous Killjoy
My Unwanted Romance
July 5th, 2007 at 10:43am
I learned about them when i was about...8 but i never really listened to them and one day I did that's when bullets about a year after it did i listened to it and i loved it came out and i loved them and i've been obsessed with them for like
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
July 5th, 2007 at 11:56am
I remember, I was a huge Green Day fan back in late 2005. I was 11 I do believe.

Whenever Ghost of You came on MuchMusic I was all like, "OMG these guys are boring and overplayed."

I never really listened to the whole song till I heard one of my friends talking about how cool war was mentioned "My Chemical Romance" and "Ghost Of You". So one day, I sat through watching the video and I was like, "Whoa."
Poisoned Puppet.
Joining The Black Parade
Poisoned Puppet.
July 5th, 2007 at 12:02pm
I fell in love the first time I saw the video 'Helena'
I thought the video was great.<3
That time I didint really listen to music that much.
But I continued to listen to 'Helena.' then came "Im not Okay.'
and a bunch of other songs,and I got more into rock music.
<3
I love MCR.
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 5th, 2007 at 03:03pm
honestly, i hated MCR the first time i heard them....*ashamed* my best friend was a little into them and she made me watch the helena vid and i HATED IT..i was like, man this band sucks....so i didnt listen to them again til WTTBP came out and i hated that one too....but then i heard HOUSE OF WOLVES and completely fell in love....then i bought all 3 albums and fell in love with all the songs, including helena and WTTBP...i just wonder how in the hell i used to hate them, cuz im so freaking diehard now...
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 5th, 2007 at 06:49pm
At first they creeped me out and Gerard's voice scared the hell out of me so I crawled back to my pop punk and my Good Charlotte for a couple more months. Then my taste in music changed and I started listening to them again and I was like "this guy's voice isn't scary, it's cool" and then I checked out LOTMS and I was totally in love! Now it's Joel's voice that makes me cringe sometimes.
Ludwig
Motor Baby
Ludwig
July 5th, 2007 at 07:06pm
I didn't like their music when I heard it. I had this pathetic saying, "If it involves guitars, I'm not listening." I was the hip-hop, rap type. *shudders*
When I first saw a picture of them I thought, "Holy shit, these guys are the creepiest-looking guys I've ever seen! And they're ugly, too."

so shallow...
your grandmother
Jazz Hands
your grandmother
July 5th, 2007 at 07:11pm
i first heard them on the sirius radio, the song Welcome to the Black Parade, then i started listening to there other songs & albums
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 5th, 2007 at 07:30pm
Helena was one of the first videos I saw, so I was creeped out too. I mean, if you've never heard of MCR before...it's kinda creepy to watch a music video about a funeral. Oh, yeah, Gerard scared the shit out of me in that video. I dunno about the rest of them, but he looked creepy... with all the eyeliner... xD

They continued to creep me out for the next year, even after I bought Three Cheers. They still do sometimes. xP
x.Disenchanted.x
Killjoy
x.Disenchanted.x
July 5th, 2007 at 10:31pm
My friend told me to look them up on their website, and when I did I was like "Ewww these people are freaks!" and then I actually listened to them and was like "huh, they are kinda good I guess." and I've loved them ever since!
Boys Night Out
Salute You in Your Grave
Boys Night Out
July 5th, 2007 at 10:46pm
My first impression was-
WOW. THEY ARE FREAKING AMAZING. And I was in love
with them ever since.
Control Your Toaster
Fabulous Killjoy
Control Your Toaster
July 6th, 2007 at 02:42am
I was in New Zealand.. and I heard Im Not Okay on the radio... and i loved it!
rest is history...
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
July 6th, 2007 at 04:05am
I first saw MCR when I was watching the INO video. (I just turned 11)
I thought Gerard was scary with his make-up XD
I really liked the song and thought about buying the cd.
Pansy_666
Killjoy
Pansy_666
July 9th, 2007 at 10:28am
First impressions, well, it was about 4 years ago and i had never heard of them before but then i found their album in a shop and when i got home the first song that i listened to was "ghost of you.." and i fell in love with it. i had no idea what they looked like until i saw the video for it about a year later! haha, and i was like...." Shocked ..that little ones hot"