What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
hopeLESShair
Killjoy
hopeLESShair
May 1st, 2007 at 02:36am
My Chemical Romance ?!?!
the first time i heard them on the radio, it was " head first for hello "
i know that was very late............................................................................
but i lOVE them so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my mom always told me to turn down the volume evritime i heard them !

my first impression was.........
Unbelievable ! Beautiful ! Awesome ! Sexy ! Painful ! Brilliant !
Gerad ! he was the first reason why i loved this band !
HE CAUGHT ME !
Modern Swinger
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Modern Swinger
May 1st, 2007 at 11:50am
i think i was 14 or 15 when i started listening to them. When i saw the video for i'm not okay i thought they were great, i was like hey i like this music. and of course i thought they were all hot.
The Deranged Child
Fabulous Killjoy
The Deranged Child
May 1st, 2007 at 12:27pm
the first song i ever listened too was the black parade
so it just started from there. i bought "the black parade"
then "revenge"
then "bullets"
but the bad news it

MY PARENTS HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they wont let me get "life on the murder scene" cuz im not allowed to watch pg-13 movies!!!
but i love them and there is nothing they can do about it, Ha Ha
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
May 1st, 2007 at 12:42pm
The first impression I got was "wow this is a great intro" (When I heard the intro to WTTBP)
I usually don't listen to the song people have on their myspaces, but this time I listened to the whole song and was amazed.
black_is_a_rainbow
Jazz Hands
black_is_a_rainbow
May 10th, 2007 at 06:25am
I thought that they were drug addicts (no offense) and I really thought Gee was a girl and that they were super morbid and violent
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
May 10th, 2007 at 01:58pm
First: "wierdo's .."
Second: "AWESOME!"
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 10th, 2007 at 03:12pm
You're not gonna believe this, but...

The first time I saw a picture of Gerard, I thought he was weird-looking <ducks> I don't think so now! It was just my initial first impression!

I also thought they were in the same vein as FOB (whom I like, but they are definitely 2 different animals, definitely!)
lennyK
Fabulous Killjoy
lennyK
May 10th, 2007 at 03:43pm
My first impression was that they were a buncha deppressed alcoholics (blushes). And I did think that They were weird but I also felt bad for them. And then I was like "AWESOME! I wanna buy all their C.D's!!"
xskeletonxcrewx
Jazz Hands
xskeletonxcrewx
May 10th, 2007 at 04:59pm
well first impression was from i'm not okay video. i honestly thought the music was great but i thought they looked weird. now this was in my younger daysss and now i think they look awesome and look[ed] awesome too! i luv um so much and love everything about um
jnjgyd9o
Really Not Okay
jnjgyd9o
May 12th, 2007 at 07:49am
the first time i ever actually saw them i was like....wtf?...meh...theres nothin else on might as well listen to them....i listened to im not okay.....there coolio!
i havent really been into them for that long so i have a long while to go!
vEnom flavour_cookiE
Killjoy
vEnom flavour_cookiE
May 12th, 2007 at 08:00am
it was about august 2005, and i caught sight of this free CD with thankyou for the venom on it. my friend had just gotten into mcr and i thought 'heh cool lets check it out'

i went home and put it on- and im being serious here, i fell in love with it instantly. i never could really define my music taste- i was a green day obsessive for a year before i discovered mcr, and it took me a little while to get used to GD. the moment i heard the intro to thankyou for the venom i felt chills up my spine. it was fast, it was angry, it made me feel really, really good. id never properly fallen in love with music like that before.

physically, i noticed them ages and ages ago. i found this captioned picture of them and i just though 'my chemical romance is a pretty cool name. and wow that dude has makeup like mine.'

'that dude' was later to be realised to me as none other than Mr G Way.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 13th, 2007 at 08:12am
I remember the exact thing I said when I heard Welcome to the Black Parade the first time, and that was the first song I've ever heard from MCR...

"Dude, this band is fucking awesome (I had to quiet down my *fuck* because we were on the bus and our school's super Catholic and all), what're they called?"
*friend*: My Chemical Romance...
Me: Shit, I'm downloading when I get home!!!

Smile Yea...
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
Killjoy
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
May 14th, 2007 at 05:25pm
when i first saw the Im Not Okay video i thought "im in love" and i have had the same thought fot the last 3 years
JustASadSong90
Jazz Hands
JustASadSong90
May 14th, 2007 at 09:42pm
lol...whenever I first saw the Helena music vid...I was like WOAH this is a weird band!!!!
but then I started liking the song, and then I checked out their other songs...
and the rest is history Cool
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 14th, 2007 at 10:16pm
how hard core!
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 14th, 2007 at 11:04pm
i watched the ino music video first. at the start i was all, 'okay...interesting...they all look really psycho' then i realised that it was a really great song, and then i figured, 'wtf, theyre amazing! gotta dl more songs!!'
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 15th, 2007 at 02:30am
Yea, they kinda do look psycho.

In a hot way.

LOL
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 15th, 2007 at 05:12am
Um my first impression was..wow this band is great..i was kinda like they seemed a bit physco and cathardic but once i kept listening to them i came more obsessed..
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
May 15th, 2007 at 07:30am
when i saw the helena video for the first time on the vma nominees show in 05, i thought that MCR were really strange and demented.

then at the vma awards in 06, i saw the performance for WTTBP, and i thought this thing is demented. later, they kept playin that song on MTV, slowly i became addicted to it.

strange story...
Blair Waldorf
Jazz Hands
Blair Waldorf
May 15th, 2007 at 07:46am
The first song/video I ever heard/saw was I'm Not Okay. I was like "Wow, they're kinda cool, who are they?? Oh, he just kissed him." Wink Than my friend let me borrow their cd & I was hooked.