Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
EmaDoll
Fabulous Killjoy
EmaDoll
April 9th, 2007 at 05:48pm
The first song i'd heard was Helena & back then i listened to all the teenie stuff, dressed in pink that sorta shit [i still dress in pink now but its the real dark pink that goes well with black lol] but when i first saw the video for it i thought 'what the hell is this?' they were on some preppy music channel & i was a bit shocked to find them on there, so i watched the vid anyway & i can just remember being totally shocked by how good it was and so i instantly went on wikipedia and found out the release date and the next day i asked my mum for it. After that i went off them for a while & then about 7 months later Helena came on a music channel and so i was really happy & it made me change my whole music style & my wardrobe & from then on i've loved them ever since
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 9th, 2007 at 06:33pm
Man... My first impression... At first I actually thought they sucked, I was all like, "Fucking EMOS!".. And then my friends like, "Listen to this!!" I'm like, damn, fine!!

I think it was Welcome To The Black Parade, so I took a listen and I was really impressed and all like, "I was so wrong..." So after a while I eventually downloaded (Yeah, too broke to buy their CD's.. I'm planning on it) most of their songs.. Now I'm obsessed with them and they are like the only non Hip Hop stuff I'll listen to, they are my guardian angels... I love em now.. I do not know why I didn't like em before but I guess things change eh? I am so grateful for being introduced.
Dejan_Revenge!
Fabulous Killjoy
Dejan_Revenge!
April 9th, 2007 at 07:02pm
Yeah i was like: O my god, damn goths. Cause i used to listen rap and stuff. But helena got me more into rock, and when i heared the black parade i was like; ''ok no rap/hip hop for me'', And now i go through life as what some people may define as emo . And now i get picked on by my friends for listening to hip-hop, but thats ok lol.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
April 9th, 2007 at 07:15pm
i saw helena, thie vid at like 3 am
and i was, like
"damn, thats awesome!"
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
April 9th, 2007 at 08:07pm
I wasn't visually attracted to them at all.
But the music was nice,so I gave them a try, and I ended up liking them a lot.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
April 9th, 2007 at 09:30pm
warumono.:
I wasn't visually attracted to them at all.
But the music was nice,so I gave them a try, and I ended up liking them a lot.

Same w/ me & now that I know them a little better I like them physically more. For example, at first I didn't think Ray was cute at all & now I love the way he looks. I guess the just have to grow on you.
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
April 13th, 2007 at 04:28am
I saw WTTBP on the TV and my first thoughts were:

I love the explosiveness of everything in it

But who's the weirdo with the blonde hair!

But I love his hair!
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
April 13th, 2007 at 02:14pm
umm... Rolling Eyes i dont remember!!!
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
April 14th, 2007 at 05:43am
I saw I`m not okay on MTV and thought Wow thats a mighty fine song!!!
Gerard looked fantastic,i loved his long black hair and the band really rocked!
That was it, i was hooked.
black_is_a_rainbow
Jazz Hands
black_is_a_rainbow
April 30th, 2007 at 06:31am
I thought Gee was a girl when I watched Helena (SORRY!)...and I was a bit creeped out when I watched Helena...but I actually came to like MCR...I had about two years hiatus from listening to MCR...then suddenly...when I listened to Welcome to the Black Parade...I correctly guessed that that was MCR...Yay! I'm back on the MCR track!
Cry On Demand
Salute You in Your Grave
Cry On Demand
April 30th, 2007 at 06:56am
Helena was the first video i saw, i turned the tv off.
Then i saw them on the red carpet at some award show and i was like: where´s Green Day?
But then i heard Helena again at a friends house and just loved it!
Fave song ever!
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 30th, 2007 at 09:10am
i first heard im not okay when someone sent me it on msn

and i just thought to myself, like this band is really different to anything else i listen to ... cos i listened to rock but mcr are just unique in my opinion

and i really liked it, so went about borrowing the three cheers album and then bullets from my friends ... then eventually bought them and got well in to them Very Happy
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
April 30th, 2007 at 10:59am
This might sound crazy but I can actually remember every detail of how I started liking My Chemical Romance. It was about 2 years ago while I was in one of my computer courses. I was on a green day message board because at the time, Green Day was my fave [and they're still awesome.], and a lot of people on the board really liked MCR and I was really curious about MCR so I searched through threads about them and what not, and came across the 'Helena' video. And that's when it all started. as soon as I watched that video, I fell in love. Gerard was just so amazing looking, and I just loved the lyrics, and everything about the video. Fucking incredible. And from that moment, I fell in love with MCR and I can remember walking the halls singing 'Helena' and people would look at me haha.
But yup, that's pretty much it. It's been heaven ever since! XD Especially now that I've seen them LIVE!!! Ohhh yeaaahhhh... lol.
infinity guitars.
Awake and Unafraid
infinity guitars.
April 30th, 2007 at 04:18pm
um. i remember i really liked i'm not okay, but i thought my chem were out-of-bounds, as they were apparantly "emo"*, and emo is bad.
yes, i was young and misinformed. :X

but alas, i got hold a few songs of bullets and revenge..& they were like nothing i'd heard before. i kind of forgot about them, though..i like them, but not much.

& then at the vmas last year, when my chem performed wttbp..i was mind blown, they were fantastic.
thus, an obsession was born. :]

* i have now realised there are in fact, not emo.
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
April 30th, 2007 at 05:10pm
ah, god.
time to take a stroll down memory lane.
i remember it pretty well, what i felt that day...
i was sitting in bed, skimming through channels. i was about 11 or 12ish, and i was interested in teenie stuff (in other words, shit). music videos were on MTV and i thought: why not? i got my chips and sat at the foot of my bed and watched music videos. then the helena video came on. i sat there like a rock, staring at them. my sister came in and joined me in watching them. at the end of the video, i looked at her and she looked at me. we both had our jaws on the ground. we didnt know anyone out there like that. we thought they were incredible. i never paid attention to the name of the song. i just called it "that one song". i loved it so much.
xhdeepx
Really Not Okay
xhdeepx
April 30th, 2007 at 05:21pm
mine was watching im not okay (i promise), the new skool version on kerrrang!, it was right at the bit where frank goes to kiss that girl, but then gets something out of her eye and wipes it on her arm. i was like "dude, what the fuck?! LOL"
so i watched the rest of the video, decided the song was pretty cool, came online and hit www.mychemicalromance.com, listened to thank you for the venom...and the rest is history Smile

i cant believe that was like two years ago. it makes me feel ooooold Sad
deadinsideandout
Killjoy
deadinsideandout
April 30th, 2007 at 06:03pm
I thought they sounded real cool and felt like they understood me.
Easter Davy
Motor Baby
Easter Davy
April 30th, 2007 at 09:08pm
I was scared of them because the girl in the Helena video freaked me out, but now I realize their not scary. Very Happy
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
April 30th, 2007 at 09:12pm
Creepy. I went to their myspace and it had a bloody couple. I'm not into that kind of thing. But I went back for some reason, I was drawn to them, and VOILA! Here I am today.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
April 30th, 2007 at 09:41pm
Helena was the first time I saw them. I was flipping thorugh the channels and landed on MTV Hits. It was at the part where Frank was standing in front of Helena's coffin, then walks off. I thought it looked pretty cool so I kept on watching and I looked around at the band members and was kinda like O_O to me they didnt seem to fit togeather as people but I really liked the music right away and for some reason I thought the Fro was thee coolest thing on the planet....I think for the most part of the rest of the vid I kept staring at Ray lol