Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
June 16th, 2007 at 12:17pm
I first heard Helena. I liked it, but didn't really get into the band. I heard a few of their other songs on the radio, and started to like them even more, so I bought the CDs. After listening to their other songs, they pretty much became my favorite band.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
June 16th, 2007 at 01:45pm
i thought gerard was a chick, i mistakened ray for frank and frank for ray, and i thought frank and mikey were brothers.

i was so retarded when i was thirteen, lmfao
Painful Laughter
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Painful Laughter
June 16th, 2007 at 02:04pm
this evil prep told me about MCR and when i heard their music i was like "they're just another rock band." and walked off. i thought gerard was this butt ugly alien who had hair issues (i saw the picture of him with the teal hair roots), called Mikey Mickey and called Ray a freak cuz of his hair. But now I'm obsessed with them, so it doesn't matter what i thought of back then
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
June 16th, 2007 at 02:10pm
I thought they were fucking amazing when I first heard them. I first heard Helena and Gerard's voice just blew me away! I wanted to buy the album, but never got round to it.. I even forgot what the band was called so I'd be walking around with Helena in my head and not knowing who sings it, man that was fustrating!! lol Then I found out and bought it straight away. =] It was also about 2 months after I first heard them that I actually saw a picture of them or Gerard, which means I'm no fucking teenie. lol But when I saw Gerard I was just like "Where have I been?!?! " lol So yesh...I thought they were amazing. Life saving. =] In Love
cancer-
Thinking Happy Thoughts
cancer-
June 16th, 2007 at 02:27pm
First time I heard about My Chemical Romance in 2005, when some people were talking about their single Helena. In those days I thinked that it had to be just some ordinary stuff from America, but maybe two months later I heard that song; Helena was something so awesome. After that I downloaded some more music from them, songs from Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge-album, maybe in June 2006. I liked it quite a lot, and after that I heard they're making a new album, The Black Parade. Single Welcome To The Black Parade changed me a lot, and My Chemical Romance came the most important band for me - well, that's it.
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
June 16th, 2007 at 03:38pm
Mine is actually pretty pathetic.
My best friend was a huge MCR fan, and she took me to see Green Day in Calgary when MCR was opening up for them. We had awesome seats, so I could see every band member really clearly. So we walked in and MCR was already playing. I can't remember for the life of me what song it would've been, but I looked at Gerard, turned to my friend and was like, "Wow, the lead singer's cute." PATHETIC, I know.
I enjoyed their set immensely, so the next day I went out and bought Three Cheers & popped it into my CD player. From the first minute of Helena I was absolutely hooked. There was just something about that song...I listened to it literally up to the first chorus and started sobbing uncontrollably. And from that moment on I was a lost cause. =)
The White Violin
Salute You in Your Grave
The White Violin
June 16th, 2007 at 08:32pm
"Who dances at a funeral? ... Freaks..."
mz_mcr_shawna_71391
Fabulous Killjoy
mz_mcr_shawna_71391
June 16th, 2007 at 08:36pm
i didn't find any of them attractive at first but i thought the video for im not okay was so very funny so i thought they were cool.
Hugs; The New Black
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hugs; The New Black
June 16th, 2007 at 09:34pm
ahmigod!!! they suck!

kill me. please.
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
June 16th, 2007 at 10:07pm
I was in bad shape when I had my fisrt impression of them......I knew who they were but I didn't really pay that close attention and I listened to rap mostly(NEVER country) and I watched 'Helena' and thought "Wow....this is SOOOO FUCKIN COOL!" and I told my friend that cuz I was in the computer lab at my school and she was sitting next to me and she's like "Yeah I've seen that video a hundred times" and I'm like "It's AWESOME! And the lead singer is kinda cute"...That's kinda pathetic but I closed my eyes and played the video again so I could see if I liked the music or if I just thought the lead singer was a cutie and I liked the lyrics and the way the video was made.Very theatrical. And then my sister came with the c.d and the rest is history.

Kinda dumb but whatever.
jacxqueline deathbed
Jazz Hands
jacxqueline deathbed
June 17th, 2007 at 12:51am
at that time.. i liked aaron carter... SORRY GUYS
he was my bros friend so i knew him and loved him.
haha
he gave me this mag.. so i found gerard and mr in it..
i thoght he was freaky...
but i wasnt punk then tho
the_black_parade_kid
Fabulous Killjoy
the_black_parade_kid
June 17th, 2007 at 12:57am
i got into them after my GF got me to listen to them by giving me her MP3 that was FILLED with MCR and MCR only........then i got into it after listen to it all and then i got obsessed with gerards hair and i dyed my hair black and grew it out, i know i am a copy cat but you know what? atlest i cant dye my hair wear chick jeans and get eyeliner and still look good. ask my girlfriend. she will agree.
jacxqueline deathbed
Jazz Hands
jacxqueline deathbed
June 17th, 2007 at 01:06am
the_black_parade_kid:
i got into them after my GF got me to listen to them by giving me her MP3 that was FILLED with MCR and MCR only........then i got into it after listen to it all and then i got obsessed with gerards hair and i dyed my hair black and grew it out, i know i am a copy cat but you know what? atlest i cant dye my hair wear chick jeans and get eyeliner and still look good. ask my girlfriend. she will agree.

she didnt have many songs did she?
Andrew Morrison.
Jazz Hands
Andrew Morrison.
June 17th, 2007 at 03:27am
Well i had heard of them on C4 and thought they were pretty good and then my friends friend invited me to see them live with her. I went and they played some other songs and i fell in love
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
June 17th, 2007 at 03:37am
when I saw the Helena video, I wished they didn't show the vocalist's face... sorry gee lol
Starlite Decay.
Bleeding on the Floor
Starlite Decay.
June 17th, 2007 at 03:50am
well
i was nine
and my cousin gave me his bullets CD.
and i was like WOW!
and ive been a huge fan ever since.
i didnt even know what they look like until i saw the video for Helena
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
June 17th, 2007 at 04:02am
it was the first time i saw helena. this guy looked like a girl. this guy had big hair. they sucked. now i love them.
jnjgyd9o
Really Not Okay
jnjgyd9o
June 17th, 2007 at 08:16am
wait!! i made a mistake!
i first heard im not okay.
then i heard i dont love you on tv.
i didnt really bother much.
THEN i heard famous last words and i thought.
wow! thats amazing!! then i started to look for more songs and more and eventually i became an obsessed mcr freak.
asleep
Killjoy
asleep
June 17th, 2007 at 12:45pm
First time i actually heard MCR was in october 2006,i saw Welcome to the black parade video on MTV.My first thought was "God,this song and video is PERFECT".it just seemed there can be no better song for me.now it is one of my 3 all life favourite songs,with Cradle of filth-Nymphetamine and Incubus-Sweet morpheus on the list.
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
June 17th, 2007 at 02:57pm
I heard about them last summer with Im Not Okay on musicjesus website but it was a performance for aol or something like that.

And I thought Gerard was really weird cos he had some wet hair, brown leather jacket, checkered shirt and some jeans with a chain, but I loved the music so I brought 3 cheers that w/e.

And then a while later they became 'hot'.