Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
July 12th, 2007 at 06:43pm
the first song i heard was helena while watching the vmas and i was like hey these guys are really different and a couple monthes later my friend died and it automatically brought me to the cd that my friend gave me for my bday
bobrox
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bobrox
July 12th, 2007 at 06:57pm
the first thing i saw was the black parade video and i thought WOW this is creepy in a cool way
kill the wind.
Killjoy
kill the wind.
July 13th, 2007 at 06:50pm
It was like 2 years ago when we were walking around at recess and someone [soon to be one of my friends] had a MCR shirt on and all I thought was "who would name their band My Chemical Romance" XDD Then the next year, I heard Black Parade on someone's iPod and I loved it. 8DD
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
July 13th, 2007 at 10:37pm
I watched Helena on youtube
"Pretty cool, not what I expected, the lead singing guy looks a little too gothic for my style (PUNKROCK)...I really need to download their stuff sometime"
mahahaha
ZodiacStarrs
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ZodiacStarrs
July 14th, 2007 at 02:41am
The first time I have ever heard of it (And I didn't know it) was in 5th grade when one of my friend's had a MCR shirt for Revenge on.
Skittles.Vampire.
Joining The Black Parade
Skittles.Vampire.
July 14th, 2007 at 04:31am
The first song I heard was Welcome to The Black Parade-live version
I thought it was the studio version...until I heard screaming and stuff...I was like, wow these guys are good
Loved them ever since
My American Cheese.
Joining The Black Parade
My American Cheese.
July 14th, 2007 at 05:15am
when i heard headfirst for halos
i thought its to hard rock for me
then i went back to them
Gabby: Astro Zombie
Killjoy
Gabby: Astro Zombie
July 14th, 2007 at 06:41am
I saw INO first and I honestly thought that they were from England
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
July 15th, 2007 at 03:27am
"WTF?"

And it was a pretty big one, too.
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
July 15th, 2007 at 03:52am
i heard im not okay in the car with my mom and i thought it was pretty awesome then i borrowed the cd from a friend and i fell in love
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 15th, 2007 at 12:45pm
First impression...

Well I was watching t.v
and I saw their Im Not Okay vid.....

I was like Woah that guy is hot[Gerard] and then I was like WOAH I luv that guys hair[Ray]

And when Gee was doin his whole performance thing in the garage scene I was wtf that hot motherfucker is fucking crazy!!...but I couldnt change the channel..I could only turn the volume up and then I was hooked...."...another line without a hook" lol I love that friggen song
a line in a song.
Salute You in Your Grave
a line in a song.
July 23rd, 2007 at 08:23am
To Be Honest
When I first saw the band I was thinking, "Woah, the lead singer is pretty hot. I'd better write the band's name down...write it down....write it down..." But I ended up forgetting the band's name because I didn't write it down (damn me) until I came across either the song Helena or I'm not okay and I finally loved them and not for just Gerard.
ToTheEnd..
Really Not Okay
ToTheEnd..
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:18pm
WTTBP was on alot so my mate sent it me and I was listening to it all night then that was it, I brought all their albums and I was hooked Very Happy
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
July 23rd, 2007 at 06:00pm
At first i thought tehy were kinda creepy looking and i thought, "wow, these guys must make truly unique music". SO i first heard Prison, and after that i was hooked. XD
Manda SpAz
Salute You in Your Grave
Manda SpAz
July 23rd, 2007 at 06:10pm
I saw a Making of the Video of "I'm not Okay" and at first the name "My Chemical Romance" Interest me. Then by the time I finished watching it I admit I thought "Wow that front guy is cute" LOL then I slowly liked them ever since so Helena or The Black Parade wasn't my first video it was I'm Not Okay...probably why I like it so much.
HelenaRawr1001
Killjoy
HelenaRawr1001
July 23rd, 2007 at 08:11pm
Wow! (in a good way)
eatzombies4breakfast
Jazz Hands
eatzombies4breakfast
July 24th, 2007 at 12:14am
i saw the im not okay vid and i liked the music they played
SuChanNoir
Jazz Hands
SuChanNoir
July 24th, 2007 at 12:23am
heh...the Helena video got to me...
and it was a pretty quick addiction...
hee...I ain't getting rid of this addiction...
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
Jazz Hands
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
July 24th, 2007 at 12:54am
ummm i don't remember. I thought that the Im Not Okay video was pretty cool but i didn't really pay attention to them until The black Parade came out. I mean, I was a fan and everything but not as obsessed as i am now... cause back then.. i was stupid and i hung around kids who listened to Hilary Duff 24/7 and then i never really listened to MCR. My dad was a big fan of Rock n roll and stuff... so i guess since he was watching Im NOt Okay at the time... thats how i knew about them and stuff... But they rock!
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
July 24th, 2007 at 06:42am
I literally thought that Gerard was a chick. haha.
though, my first expression was thinking how different they were. helena (first song i heard) was all so sad, yet in a very excellent way. I thought they were just great!
Creepy though, especially with gerard's face all white. Very Happy